Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I still say nothing tops the hate you get when a min/max PvP pubbie challenges you to a duel and you start summoning your legion of pets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

ColHannibal posted:

I still say nothing tops the hate you get when a min/max PvP pubbie challenges you to a duel and you start summoning your legion of pets.
No items, Fox only, final destination! :qq:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've added stuff recently.

New armor designs (Though at least some seem to be based on existing tights patterns), Armadillo stuff in the Q-Store, Cyber Ninja become device, and now you get questionite from the Monster Island Crisis (Which is repeatable, I think?) and Super Villain level bosses.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

There was a point where a SMASH Nemesis alert was up for several hours after the Questionite update. Got a boatload of Q and leveled twice to 38 by punching Kimahri Jong-il in the face. It's the most I've played Champions in a very long while.

:human being::respek::fsmug:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

jjac posted:

There was a point where a SMASH Nemesis alert was up for several hours after the Questionite update. Got a boatload of Q and leveled twice to 38 by punching Kimahri Jong-il in the face. It's the most I've played Champions in a very long while.

:human being::respek::fsmug:

It's also the day I learned about that stupid 'half the Nemesis powersets are worthless because they wink out of existence without warning' bug.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

They've added stuff recently.

New armor designs (Though at least some seem to be based on existing tights patterns), Armadillo stuff in the Q-Store, Cyber Ninja become device, and now you get questionite from the Monster Island Crisis (Which is repeatable, I think?) and Super Villain level bosses.
Yeah, it's not a whole lot, but it's still something. I admit I'm not quite sure how the Armadillo bits work; been spending time in STO of all things and Diablo 3 lately. The costume set doesn't really excite me, I admit, though it's nicely silver-age style.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There are a bunch of changes on the PTS too, now that I can finally log in.

Aggressor is being changed to an Active Offense, with Enrage becoming a toggle. It boosts melee damage, and ranged for half. Plus other stuff.

They're adding 3 new toggles for the 3 other playstyles too: One for ranged (and half melee), one for healing (half damage), and one for control (half damage.)

Power Armor is the next archetype and so is getting fixes and new powers too.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Power Armor is the next archetype and so is getting fixes and new powers too.
Hopefully involving stripping out the entire mechanic for it. It's an interesting idea, but it just didn't really work in the game engine and power setup.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nope. They reduced the penalty and the annoying rolling 1 second GCD thing, though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Nope. They reduced the penalty and the annoying rolling 1 second GCD thing, though.
Dammit. Well, that will at least make them play better with other powers if they can pull it off. Also seems like the sorcery Auras got changed up pretty strongly too; if you're in hybrid form the self-buff portions are increased and the team buff portions nerfed, and vice-versa for support role.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It depends on the specific auras, but yeah they now change in potency depending on role.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I just want them to add more goddamn content, already. This game is fun as poo poo, but I've done basically everything already. :I Wish they'd get a pile of money shoved at them so they can make something as atmospheric and fun as the Therakiel encounter again.

Any news on adding epic lairs/PVE queues for all of the lairs?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

As far as I know, not a word. Hell, they removed the update calendar so people wouldn't even know what's being planned to add later. :geno: It's pretty obvious the game has the tiniest budget.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

ColHannibal posted:

Just take Teleport and TP all over the place. I got so much hate from doing that.

Hakkeshu
Aug 10, 2005

Blinging in the Wastes!
Holy poo poo I forgot about this game, I played when it came out and bought the lifetime sub, downloading now since they added poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So freeform slots for Silver are finally here.

And someone called it, they're in a grab bag.

You can earn one free bag a day through the usual tedious 10 drop quests though.

The freeform slot prize is bound, so you can't buy it from other players. You also don't get other Gold benefits like the Gold costume pieces and power colorization.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 24, 2012

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

And someone called it, they're in a grab bag.
.... :ughh:

I give up even trying to defend these idiots.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asimo posted:

.... :ughh:

I give up even trying to defend these idiots.

They're going to make more money this way, and it shuts the annoying forumites up because it's not handing them to Silvers.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

They're going to make more money this way, and it shuts the annoying forumites up because it's not handing them to Silvers.
Yeah, probably. Just pleasing forumites is futile and pointless, and the grab bags are... well, okay not nearly as bad as STO's, I'll let it slide there. It just really seems like a feature that should be a flat cost, like inventory and character slots.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Guess I know what I'm doing once I hit 40 tonight, blarg.

Also, the lack of power colorization for that is sort of lame. But hey, freeform outside of gold, I need to get me at least one of those.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It makes sense though. It's a Gold feature, not a freeform feature.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
What's the approximate chance of getting it? I've already cracked open four and had no luck.

I am getting kind of tired of Cryptic loving over their own economy every update. You don't handle something like Questionite by introducing ways to get it, and then later maybe introducing something to spend it on. You go the other way around. This time it's especially bad because they could have used these grab bags to fix it, and they decided not to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Usually really low.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So is the Questionite quest the only way to get the salvage? I did the quest today and my box had 10 salvage, which isn't enough for anything of course. I'd like to get the gun hands at least, obviously I can try again tomorrow but is there any other method for that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Monster Island Crisis gives some, I think.

They're mostly from the two most recent grab bags. The Freeform one, and Drifter Catalyst bag.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a 15% Zen and CP bonus sale for this weekend.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

They're still crying about it, though. I present to you 'Let's Put Lifetime Accounts in a Grab Bag.'

Enjoy.

edit: It's an extremely passive aggressive whine that wonderfully avoids saying they're mad about the freeform grab bag.

Allatum fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 26, 2012

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Registered less than a year ago. Shocker there.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Aphrodite posted:

There's a 15% Zen and CP bonus sale for this weekend.

To clarify, it's a rebate on buying CP, not on spending CP.

Do they even do the latter anymore?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Jan posted:

To clarify, it's a rebate on buying CP, not on spending CP.

Do they even do the latter anymore?
Occasionally; the last bonus-on-purchase sale coincided with a 20%-off sale in STO for example. Which may well have been accidental, but it might come up again.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Asimo posted:

Yeah, probably. Just pleasing forumites is futile and pointless, and the grab bags are... well, okay not nearly as bad as STO's, I'll let it slide there. It just really seems like a feature that should be a flat cost, like inventory and character slots.

I wonder if something like it is even legal... Since it's effectively internet gambling, and you could have kids doing it, you could be violating two sets of laws at once in the US.

Hmmmm... I might have to look into this... Might be a class action in this for me...

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 27, 2012

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not gambling because you can't win money.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

For instance, here's the relevant part of the Georgia Code.

"(b) A parent shall have a right of action against any person who shall play and bet at any game of chance with his minor child for money or any other thing of value without the parent's permission. " O.C.G.A. § 51-1-18.

The important part being "for money or any other thing of value"

At least in that case you need two things, a kid playing the cryptic lottery, and the lack of permission from their parents.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah. It's morally questionable in STO since they don't admit the odds of the drops, but even that's mostly because you can't participate without spending money on keys in STO, and they've made mistakes (or "mistakes") with drop rates in the past, misconstruing the product. In ChampO it's basically a non-issue since you can just earn them in-game if you want to go through the tedium of grinding it out. It's still not exactly my favorite business strategy, but CO's about as good as it can get without admittance of the odds.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It would be California's laws that matter though, not Georgia's.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

It would be California's laws that matter though, not Georgia's.

Nope, it would be each state they do business in. Their EULA could define what states laws apply for civil cases that derive from the contract, but for suits who's cause of action is derived from a violation of the state code, the state code would none-the-less apply. This is because this wouldn't be a contract action. You aren't suing them for breach of any contract at all, you're suing that as a stand-in for the state attorney general for a violation of the state code.

To give you an example, if a bank tries to foreclose on your house improperly (for instance in Florida, if they don't give you notice of that your account is due payments, and don't give you opportunities to cure the default) you could bring suit under the relevant Florida Law, despite the contract between you and the bank saying for all civil actions between the two of you, that California law applies.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Is it me or does the two stacking +25% damage reduction buffs from the Armadillo set seem a bit OP? I stood with my ranged PA dps character against Mega D and went afk to eat without dying. Curious how it would be on a tank.

Wordicuffs
Jun 14, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

For instance, here's the relevant part of the Georgia Code.

"(b) A parent shall have a right of action against any person who shall play and bet at any game of chance with his minor child for money or any other thing of value without the parent's permission. " O.C.G.A. § 51-1-18.

The important part being "for money or any other thing of value"

At least in that case you need two things, a kid playing the cryptic lottery, and the lack of permission from their parents.

It says any other thing of value. I doubt you could win a lawsuit because there are no official means of getting money for in game items, so they don't have real value.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, "value" is money. Unless Cryptic themselves provide a way to trade items for money (And Questionite doesn't count since you can't cash out) then nothing has value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, "value" is money. Unless Cryptic themselves provide a way to trade items for money (And Questionite doesn't count since you can't cash out) then nothing has value.

In that cite it says "for money or any other thing of value"

Now, you'll notice that it specifically lays out "money" as its own thing, and then goes on to include "any other thing of value" in addition to money. The second half of that phrase is meant to expand the definition of gambling to beyond just money. If they only wanted it to refer to money they would have just left the second half of that phrase out of the law.