Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Thorpe posted:

I'll try for a bit more off, but it's priced at 249.99. I'm not the biggest fan of pickguards, but it would be nice to have one. Going to leave to check it out now!

If I do end up liking it I'll probably replace the gold hardware with chrome. Not a big fan of gold at all.

It's your guitar, and tastes vary, but I don't think chrome would look as nice on that because of the dark brown and black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
I didn't end up getting it. It was in really rough condition, and it was a poor example of a Sheraton anyway. Stuff like the inlays and the logo on the headstock were all quite crooked. I'm just goin to end up getting a tele thinline and getting a flatter radius neck made for it I think.

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.
/\/\/\
EDIT: Missed this. It's a shame, they really are nice guitars, but they do vary in quality (from what I've seen of others elsewhere).

Thorpe posted:

I'll try for a bit more off, but it's priced at 249.99. I'm not the biggest fan of pickguards, but it would be nice to have one. Going to leave to check it out now!

If I do end up liking it I'll probably replace the gold hardware with chrome. Not a big fan of gold at all.

My first guitar was a 1989 Sheraton II (that I still have) and I paid $450 for it in 1996.

$250 is ridiculously good, buy it. If you don't, I will just to have a damned backup (mine is identical to that one, except it has the pickguard). That guitar started me off on a long love affair with sunburst guitars.

EDIT:
So in my quest for a Tele or Tele-like guitar with different pickups, I came across the Guitar Center Telecaster with p90s. There's one I randomly spotted at the GC here, and I played it for a little while through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (which is what I have) the other day.

I have to say, for the money ($600) I'm not sure I can beat it even with a Reverend (which I was leaning toward). It sounded amazing with the gain turned up a bit on the dirty channel. And felt great - kinda heavy, which I like.

Here's the burnt orange version...

Walter fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 27, 2012

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Thorpe posted:

I didn't end up getting it. It was in really rough condition, and it was a poor example of a Sheraton anyway. Stuff like the inlays and the logo on the headstock were all quite crooked. I'm just goin to end up getting a tele thinline and getting a flatter radius neck made for it I think.

Shame. Your post caused me to finally track down where and when my old Epiphone Riviera came from, though. I picked it up in a pawn shop in the mid-90's. It looks identical to the Sheraton you posted, except with a different headstock and pickups. Just like this one:

I've always been confused by it, as it has no serial on the back of the headstock and the number on the label is actually the original owner's social security number. :downs:

After a few hours' googling last night, I've learned that it's got to be an early 80's Japanese Matsumoku Riviera. It looks exactly like this dude:

http://www.gibson-talk.com/forum/epi-center/100196-trying-identify-my-guitar.html#post152552

More information in this thread:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/37688-82-epiphone-riviera/

Apparently I got quite lucky, as it's considered a very good and well-built (although not especially collectible) model typically going for $500-$800, and I snagged it for something like $300. It's a lovely guitar, way heavier than you'd expect for a semi-hollow. I really need to get the jack fixed so I play it more often instead of my cheapy MIM Strat, though.

edit: Hmmmm, apparently they go for a little more than I thought O_O

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...c#ht_685wt_1413

mofolotopo fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 27, 2012

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Semi-hollow chat! I finally got the pickups replaced on my Ibanez AM73, so it now a) works, and b) has P-90s in it. I haven't exactly cranked it up yet, but it feels really good to have it back.

(also, the old pickups will probably be going in the gear trades thread shortly, if anyone has some sort of bizarre project in mind)

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
What are all of those fancy things with the strings you guys have? Here is my newest toy:

This is my new Bach Philadelphia Series Stradivarius C Trumpet. In addition to having a ridiculous name, it's a pretty drat good horn. I needed to get a C trumpet for orchestral playing and decided that I might as well get one good enough to where I could conceivably not need to replace it. I was a little nervous because I have the tendency to get terrible buyer's remorse and this trumpet had a $2900 price tag. Maybe it was the fact that I spent 7 months paying it off or maybe it is just that amazing but I am happy to report that I couldn't be happier with the purchase and haven't been able to put it down.

Bonus, it came with a case that holds my Bb trumpet with just enough room for my extra mouthpieces, tuner, and valve oil.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The Leck posted:

Semi-hollow chat! I finally got the pickups replaced on my Ibanez AM73, so it now a) works, and b) has P-90s in it. I haven't exactly cranked it up yet, but it feels really good to have it back.

(also, the old pickups will probably be going in the gear trades thread shortly, if anyone has some sort of bizarre project in mind)

gently caress yes, I love that guitar. Also, the film is almost wrapped---I should get some free weekends soon! (though not for long, there's another project in the pipe. We may want to look at playing on a different day/night if this goes on much more.)

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Went to guitar center the other day to help a friend pick out an acoustic bass, and spotted this in the used gear section.

Marshall MG100DFX. Priced at $179.99.
Tried out a couple of different guitar with it, and while I'm not a huge fan of the onboard effects, I love the crunchiness it has. Besides, my only other amp is a crate FXT65 and it's currently sitting at my band's practice space.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
I'm a proud member of the fat pick club now. I got my package from V Picks today and I was giddy like a kid on Christmas. I got a chicken picker (thinnest of the bunch, 1.5mm) a Small Pointed Medium (2.75mm) and a Dimension Junior (4.1mm). The Dimension OWNS really hard. I was worried that it would sound good for my style, I like to be able to pop strings, but I still can it is so fast and easy to grip, much better than the old jazz III.

Hollis Brownsound fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 30, 2012

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Toldja! Welcome to the club, coat rack's over there, you can keep your hat.

I can't make much of my latest new gear because it's just finishing out some amps and cabs, including the Hiwatt model and matched cab, the Engl Powerball model, and the whole Orange Amplifiers collection (which is uniformly awesome) in IKMM Amplitube 3 Custom Shop. I think all I lack now for amps are the Tweed '57 Champ, BF '65 Princeton, and the Jet City amps and I have all the stuff. Already have those cabs, I had 15 credits left-over and that's how I spent them. I doubt I'll buy the Jet City amps. With the Soldano model, why buy an amp model that's pretty much the same thing as the Soldano if it's true to life? I do want the newer modeled Fenders, since Amplitube Fender was when IKMM really took off like a rocket in terms of realism and I bet they sound awesome... But I don't want to drop $40 right now on two more models when I have most of them as it is. We'll see how my resolve holds up on that one.

Sounds so damned good, it and Overloud 2 are the only software sims I use these days and I have come to strongly prefer it even though Overloud 2 is made by kind and gentle folk who give updates away for free while IKMM are pretty crafty at getting into your wallet. But drat, the Amplitube 3 models onward sound great.

Bonus - now I can more easily demo picks and pedals and such, so that's something! I'll do some into the Orange 200W model into its matched cab IR with the fancy mic models if I have time tomorrow. Pray for a slow day if you give a drat about pick demos. Tonight I want to just relax, my baby boy has been incredibly fussy and I cannot be arsed to record jack and/or poo poo... Apologies.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 30, 2012

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Are you ready for an ORGAN SOLO?!
Bad news: The Firebird copy I won from ebay fell through and the seller had to refund my money.

Good news:

I got this....

for under $500.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Also Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a Nashville Telecaster. I owned one in Highschool and I sold it. I instantly regretted it, and now I want one back. I'll post pics when she gets home tomorrow.

Edit: /\/\/\ I love that color for an SG. I've never seen one in that color. Is it corina like those Explorers and V's epiphone made about 10 years ago?

Hollis Brownsound fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 30, 2012

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Remember the Squier Vintage Modified telly I bought? Well, after an order to GuitarFetish, it's a bit more modified.

Unfortunately the neck trim ring fits poorly and the control plate...doesn't really fit at all. But it gave me an excuse to bypass the tone knob, leaving the volume knob functional. I replaced the bridge with this three brass saddle one. I also threw on their Xaviere brand all-nickel strings.

After spending a day setting up the intonation and action, I'm actually really impressed with it. I could see myself replacing the tuners with maybe some locking tuners in the future, but it's not a priority. First off, it's cool to finally see GFS hardware in person - it is really nice quality stuff. The telly was adequate before, but with nicer hardware, it's just stellar. That's the other thing, it's downright surprising how good the body is, and the neck is just so comfortable and fast.

communistdew
Sep 11, 2005
Where do we light our cigars with dollah bills?

Manky posted:

Remember the Squier Vintage Modified telly I bought? Well, after an order to GuitarFetish, it's a bit more modified.

Unfortunately the neck trim ring fits poorly and the control plate...doesn't really fit at all. But it gave me an excuse to bypass the tone knob, leaving the volume knob functional. I replaced the bridge with this three brass saddle one. I also threw on their Xaviere brand all-nickel strings.

After spending a day setting up the intonation and action, I'm actually really impressed with it. I could see myself replacing the tuners with maybe some locking tuners in the future, but it's not a priority. First off, it's cool to finally see GFS hardware in person - it is really nice quality stuff. The telly was adequate before, but with nicer hardware, it's just stellar. That's the other thing, it's downright surprising how good the body is, and the neck is just so comfortable and fast.

I have that bridge on my homebuilt Tele and I absolutely love it. I've been pretty impressed with the things I've bought from there. That is a HUGE control cavity route.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I don't have a picture as I don't actually have it yet but I'm seriously considering just ditching amps entirely and going direct forevermore. i'm looking ad a pod HD as an AxeFX or something is just out of the question.

Its an exciting and terrifying new prospect.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Manky posted:

I went this way on a bridge.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-Compensated-Tele-Bridge-Brass-Saddles_p_873.html
Brass, top-mount or string-through, and compensated. It also creates a slightly sharper angle for the strings, which is somewhat nice.

As far as tuners, may I recommend the semi-locking tuners?
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-EZ-LOK-locking-Tuners-6-inline-for-Fender-Headstocks_p_881.html
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-EZLok-Vintage-Style-Tuners-for-Fender-Headstocks_p_886.html

Out of stock right now, but it's a pretty simple concept. Just two holes at 90 degrees from each other. Vintage is staggered. I do what they suggest and run the low E and A through the top hole and the others through the bottom, works a treat.

As far as your control plate issues, maybe a trem cover, or cut-your-own pickguard?
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Uncut-Pickguard-Material-Great-for-Custom-Pickguards-_c_224.html

There's a 'mirror' option that might work a treat.

Or, hm.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Replacement-Pickguards-for-Xaviere-Guitars_c_233.html
The XV-620 pickguard might actually fit just fine, and fix both the control and pickup issues.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 12:30 on May 30, 2012

7.62WorldOrder
Apr 19, 2002

massive spider posted:

I don't have a picture as I don't actually have it yet but I'm seriously considering just ditching amps entirely and going direct forevermore. i'm looking ad a pod HD as an AxeFX or something is just out of the question.

I tried this, ended up going back to amps after a bit, the biggest problem was that, while it does sound pretty good (not tube amp good but decent), your instrument easily gets lost in the mix of your band in a way that an amp doesn't. I used a POD with two 18" JBL active PA speakers. Maybe an AxeFX is different, or maybe you never plan on playing out with this setup live, but I'd definitely want to try it before laying down that kind of cash.

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.
Okay, update to the "Walter wants a new guitar" post from previously:

My Ebay auctions are coming to a close in a couple days, and I expect to have somewhere in the neighborhood of $600-800 to put toward a new instrument.

At this point, I'm looking at the following:

• Fender Telecaster Guitar Center special w/p90s (~$650): I've had a chance to play this one and I like the tone, the feel, and the overall character.
  • Telecaster Blacktop (humbuckers) (~$550): Played this also. One thing I like about it (that I don't care for with the p90 Tele above) is the single set of controls. Trying to crank or roll off the volume while playing is a lot easier when I don't have to play around with separate volume knobs for each pickup. I liked the sound all right, although I haven't played either of these enough to be sold on them yet.
  • Deluxe Telecaster '72 (~$700): Haven't played one of these, but I imagine that they're somewhere between the p90 Tele and the Blacktop Tele. Controls look like the p90 model, but obviously humbuckers. I think Chris Shifflet (Foo Fighters) has been playing a Warmoth version of one of these for a while now.
  • Fender Jaguar Classic Player HH (~$900): I haven't had a chance to fool with one of these, although I messed around with a Jaguar Blacktop HH not long ago. The shorter scale is appealing, and I liked the sound, but I need to go back and demo against the Tele again.
  • Reverend Double Agent II (~$800): This is the wild card. I've not had a chance to play one of these, so I have no idea how they feel. I've listened to a lot of videos of them, and I liked the range of tones with the bridge humbucker and the neck p90. And frankly, I like the body style a bit better than their "Charger" - looks like a weird three-way love child of the Rickenbacker, the Jaguar, and the Telecaster.

The Jaguar is, I think, the most expensive of these at something like $900. I'm not worried about hitting the limit of my budget, I just want to make sure I get a guitar that I like and won't want to dump. Anyone have any thoughts on any of these? Personal experiences particularly would be welcome. This is probably my last guitar purchase for a long time, and it's going to be (probably) my principal stage instrument, filling in for my Heritage 140-CM (humbuckers) and only being switched out with my Strat for songs that explicitly have that Strat tone (INXS's New Sensation, U2's Where the STreets Have No Name, and any Pink Floyd stuff).

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Warcabbit posted:

I went this way on a bridge.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-Compensated-Tele-Bridge-Brass-Saddles_p_873.html
Brass, top-mount or string-through, and compensated. It also creates a slightly sharper angle for the strings, which is somewhat nice.

As far as tuners, may I recommend the semi-locking tuners?
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-EZ-LOK-locking-Tuners-6-inline-for-Fender-Headstocks_p_881.html
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-EZLok-Vintage-Style-Tuners-for-Fender-Headstocks_p_886.html

Out of stock right now, but it's a pretty simple concept. Just two holes at 90 degrees from each other. Vintage is staggered. I do what they suggest and run the low E and A through the top hole and the others through the bottom, works a treat.

As far as your control plate issues, maybe a trem cover, or cut-your-own pickguard?
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Uncut-Pickguard-Material-Great-for-Custom-Pickguards-_c_224.html

There's a 'mirror' option that might work a treat.

Or, hm.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Replacement-Pickguards-for-Xaviere-Guitars_c_233.html
The XV-620 pickguard might actually fit just fine, and fix both the control and pickup issues.

Those Wilkinson vintage-style tuners were the exact ones I was wishlisting, haha.

I had thought about cutting down a pickguard, but my problem is that I just really don't like plastic pickguards. That's what I was trying to get away from, originally. Too bad it seems like I won't find a control plate to fit that massive cavity unless I get one custom-milled or something.

I'll probably ask a real guitar tech about it at some point, since I need to get that pickup selector switch replaced. drat thing just snapped off in my paw.

e: Just looked at the mirror option for the pickguards. That could actually be really good, I feel sort of absurd being this picky over a Squier.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

7.62WorldOrder posted:

I tried this, ended up going back to amps after a bit, the biggest problem was that, while it does sound pretty good (not tube amp good but decent), your instrument easily gets lost in the mix of your band in a way that an amp doesn't. I used a POD with two 18" JBL active PA speakers. Maybe an AxeFX is different, or maybe you never plan on playing out with this setup live, but I'd definitely want to try it before laying down that kind of cash.

I'm thinking it would be best to "suppliment" it with a real amp, I still want to keep my blackstar, so I'll have that if the venue has a lovely/no PA.

What model POD were you using?

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Manky posted:

e: Just looked at the mirror option for the pickguards. That could actually be really good, I feel sort of absurd being this picky over a Squier.

Hey, it's now _your guitar_. Be as picky as you want. Rebuild it to hell and back. Have fun. Make noise.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Thick pick report day 2: loving poo poo these picks are fast, my picking used to be the weak link, now it's my fretting hand. Thanks Agreed, now I'm ruined for life and I will never be able to play with plebeian picks ever again.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
My Hufschmid pick arrived yesterday, but apparently my postal carrier is too lazy to knock/ring the doorbell, because this morning I got one of those "Sorry we missed you" slips in my mailbox. Seriously, I was home all day yesterday, and not a peep. What the hell USPS? Now I get to do my favorite thing in the world: stand in line at the post office.

Edit: Okay, got it. Holy gently caress. For one thing, I expected it to only be thicker, not much larger. Turns out this is a loving enormous pick, but I really love it so far. It sounds so good on the strings, and is so comfortable to play with. Surprised, but in a good way. Definitely glad I made this purchase. :)

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 30, 2012

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

7.62WorldOrder posted:

Maybe an AxeFX is different

It is.

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals

As long as you have a good speaker setup, the Axe absolutely slays in a live setting. At one point I was using the Axe as a preamp only, with no cabinet sims or anything and running it into the poweramp of a Marshall DSL100 into a 1960A cab. It sounded like I was using the actual preamps of whatever amp sim I was on, and it could get loud as gently caress. That would be miked and run to PA like any other real amp.

If you use a FRFR setup you'll have a better quality sound (i.e. recorded track quality), but some people have trouble mixing that into a live setup. If anything, you can use a 412 for band monitoring purposes, and go direct to PA so the audience hears a wicked tone.

Back on topic, I can't stop myself from buying guitars. I was hanging out with Tom Drinkwater of Oakland Axe Factory last weekend and he busted out his instruments. He had a Danelectro baritone with a 30" scale, which kicked my interest in a 30" 8-string into overdrive.
On the way back from Maine I saw Rondo had a few Septor Pro 830's for sale... Not a chance to resist at $650. Neck-through, ebony board, and passive pickups. It showed up today and I'm loving it so far!

I need GAS counseling :(

Agile Septor Pro 830 EB Silverburst

7.62WorldOrder
Apr 19, 2002

massive spider posted:

I'm thinking it would be best to "suppliment" it with a real amp, I still want to keep my blackstar, so I'll have that if the venue has a lovely/no PA.

What model POD were you using?

An older Pod 2.0, then I moved to a Digitech GNX4. Had the same problem using Amplitube through the computer as well.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Amplitube Fender on is pretty fantastic, what were you using? Pod 2.0, I could see that being a little, ehh. Same with the GNX4. But good software on powerful hardware (AxeFX, AxeXF II, Eleven rack, arguably Pod HD, and native plugins with a quality audio interface) is a different story.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Idly browsing Craigslist this afternoon, I found that a local antique/estate sale shop had posted an ad for a pair of keyboards---as my organ has revealed itself to be, most likely, unsalvageable, this seemed like a great idea. Sadly, the K2000 had a terminal brain fart while I was testing it, dumping its memory, losing even its basic patches and resetting itself on keypresses.

So I only have this to show for shopping today, but I am totally cool with it:

As is Meyer:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Shame about the K2000. I'd buy it for for a paltry sum and gut it selling the parts with those symptoms. If you're buying and getting to try out a synthesizer or other hardware with self-diagnostics on board, test it on the spot - that also goes for you if you're selling. A lot of headaches and heart-aches are saved this way.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

dat catte

Also welcome to the club!

I really like these boards, they're entirely too heavy but the action is good and sound is unique. Takes effects well. Too bad about the K2k, though.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Unnnnggghhh Space Echo, why is magnetic tape no longer made :qq:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Startyde posted:

dat catte

Also welcome to the club!

I really like these boards, they're entirely too heavy but the action is good and sound is unique. Takes effects well. Too bad about the K2k, though.

Agreeing with Agreed, holy gently caress that echo.

I'm loving the sound thus far, the keys themselves are all in fine fetter---unfortunately, now that I've read the manual and understand how presets put filters on hold, I'm seeing that a couple of buttons (a couple of the presets, some of the stuff for bank II) aren't taking button presses as well as they might. Most of the time the procedure is to just jab at it a few times and hope it swaps over. Is there a reasonable thing to do to deal with such things, cleaning the inside or contacts or something? I'm handy with tools but kind of unknowledgeable as regards the build of electronics like this.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
Got a boss hm-2 today. It matches my beat up fz-2 and sound nice in tandem. Really need to reorganize and fix/get rid of pedals I'm not using.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

Agreed posted:

Unnnnggghhh Space Echo, why is magnetic tape no longer made :qq:

There's two companies that still make it, ATR in the states and... I think the remains of BASF, out of Holland. Of course no current production tapes are very appropriate for tape echos, but there's enough NOS tape, used radio and 8-track carts out there to keep me in echos for the rest of my life. I figure that there'll eventually be small runs of appropriate tape.
Never say never, in the last decade we've had— repro Roland synth chips that are indistinguishable from OEM, multi-machine floppy emulators for old samplers and computers, 'dead,' AND new-design BBD ICs back in production, 'dead' photographic film emulsions back in production, new films for dead formats, etc. All it takes is a group of people interested in an artifact or old process and the internet sure as hell makes it easy for people to group together.

wren posted:

Is there a reasonable thing to do to deal with such things, cleaning the inside or contacts or something?

Sure, the CP is super easy to work on. Everything that isn't power related is a piece of cake to get to, the top chassis just swings up. I would drop the controls board and hit the buttons with some DeOxit, I prefer the liquid. You could *probably* get away with just giving a squirt from the outside, but it'll get all over the place if you do that. Work the buttons and give them gentle pressing, rolling motions either way.

Startyde fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 31, 2012

mr_package
Jun 13, 2000

massive spider posted:

Kemper profiling amp is worth investigating as well.

Jives
May 1, 2011
I bought this. It has the signature of a musician I have never heard of on the back of the headstock, but whatevs.

Jives fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 31, 2012

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Jives posted:

I bought this. It has the signature of a musician I have never heard of on the back of the headstock, but whatevs.

Dude, you can't just drop that info without letting the thread-nerds figure out who it is, what's the name?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

mr_package posted:

Kemper profiling amp is worth investigating as well.

Out of my price range also really ugly.

amishbuttermaster
Apr 28, 2009

Jives posted:

I think everyone forgets about Gretsch when it comes to solid body guitars but they're really excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
That is a G. Love Electromatic Corvette.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymgn7UD3CEs (Musician)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2izrh6hHze8 (Guitar)

T Jones pickups. Nice! (I was totally expecting it to be George Harrison, I admit.)

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 1, 2012