Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Geez Marv, glad to hear you're ok! On the plus side you're a pretty hardcore dude ... "Yeah I dropped her, flipped up my bike and rode that bitch off. Whatever. :kamina:"

And on the plus side you could tow a whole lot of bikes with that MARV van! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006
Just got out of A&E practically unblemished.

Same can't be said for the bike though :(

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

mootmoot posted:

Not again, Mootmoot! loving drat straight roads.

(hope both you and the innocent pedestrians are OK though)

Royale with Cheese
Jul 26, 2006

They wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.

mootmoot posted:

Waiting for the video :f5:

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006
A car came out of a give way junction without seeing me and I went into it.

"I just didnt see you. You were in my blind spot"

Got all of his insurance. Hopefully it'll be ok.

Very pretty daughter.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That rimtape looks sick

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

mootmoot posted:

Translates to:

mootmoot posted:

A car came out of a give way junction and I didn't notice it.

Mootmoot, goddamn. I actually like you. Please learn and grow old. Hope you're not too badly messed up.

Edit: gently caress, all the spike-nuts are gone ;( RIP Spike-nuts.

Sir Cornelius fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 26, 2012

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006
it doesnt translate to anything. thats what happened.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

mootmoot posted:

it doesnt translate to anything. thats what happened.

No, that's what it translates into because we preach defensive driving to the n'th degree in CA. It wasn't an accident if it's preventable by you noticing/seeing him, recognizing the danger/possibility that he doesn't see you, and slowing down or stopping. (Not saying it's your fault at all, just that an accident like that, is preventable and you should take note of what you could have done differently so that next time you don't wind up as roadkill)

Seriously though, glad you're ok. Hope insurance gets the bike patched up fast so you can enjoy being back on the road with the rest of us.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
RIP mootmoot
again

nsaP posted:

That rimtape looks sick

:nyd:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Just think what those spikes would've done to that car

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

mootmoot posted:

"I just didnt see you. You were in my blind spot"

Got all of his insurance. Hopefully it'll be ok.

Very pretty daughter.

Did he show signs he was going to pull out, or just dart out into traffic? I can usually get a sense of when someone can't see me, but I see them, and start to at least cover the brakes. The thought of someone just jumping out in front of me with no warning is a scary thought. Glad you are ok.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006
Just went straight out. He could have accellerated out of the accident probably but I think I remember the car slowing down/ stopping. I dont really remember. My head hit the car. Not too many marks on the helmet though.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

mootmoot posted:

My head hit the car. Not too many marks on the helmet though.
Yikes, dude. Scary stuff. Glad you're okay.

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
Man, just today I saw a 675 on the way home with a totally ungeared dude and was thinking, "I wonder how Mootmoot is doing".

Good to know you got out of it unscathed.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Did you get anywhere with the daughter?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

KARMA! posted:

Did you get anywhere with the daughter?

Like he could navigate her curves.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Crashing straight into her median would be more his style.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Z3n posted:

You're just envious. Mootmoot doesn't have to navigate anything - roads and women will have to navigate Mootmoot.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Z3n posted:

Something about difficulty staying straight goes here.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Glad you're ok Moot, the bike fixable or totalled?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Welp, just had an off, Layer Dan style.

Was coming to a stop at a redlight, pulling into the left turn lane. I see a car about 4 cars up turn his wheels, LOOK AT ME, and then straighten up again. As I get ~10 feet off his rear left side, I see the wheels cut left and the car bucks forward. I was already on the brakes, but no way I would have stopped in time. So I let off, swerved to avoid...and my front tire decided it didn't want to have traction anymore when it hit a gently caress off huge oil slick in the middle of the lane.

I was only going ~10mph at most, so it wasn't a bad wreck. Just stupid. I knew I shouldn't have been riding after the heavy rains we've had, and I should have immediately moved as far left as possible when I saw him move the wheels the first time. Totally avoidable, and all from my stupidity.

Bike is fine other than bending the shift lever a little bit, and breaking my mirror off. I seriously have no idea where it ended up, I heard it pop off and it was just loving gone. Landed on my left leg, slid about three feet, and immediately pole vaulted back onto my feet. Bike going down, me sliding, and my rear end back on the seat to get the bike out of the way couldn't have taken more than 30 seconds, but it felt like hours.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Whoops, accident post

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

mootmoot posted:

That sucks, glad you're ok through. I think CA shouldn't be allowed to own Daytonas anymore as all we do is crash them.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006

SaNChEzZ posted:

That sucks, glad you're ok through. I think CA shouldn't be allowed to own Daytonas anymore as all we do is crash them.

You're kidding me. You crashed yours as well?

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Yeah, every Daytona owner I know except one has crashed.
I'm on my second one, my first one was totalled the same way yours was mootmoot.

My current Daytona went down due to my own stupidity, ripped open the throttle on a roundabout in the wet.
I had needed new tires at the time, but it's my fault I ripped open the throttle too much and it's my fault I hadn't replaced the tires yet.

Currently trying to scrape together the cash to have the dent removed from the tank + tank respray.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Viper_3000 posted:

Seriously though, glad you're ok. Hope insurance gets the bike patched up fast so you can enjoy being back on the road with the rest of us.

What makes you think that Mootmoot has any insurance or even a valid drivers license?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

theperminator posted:

Yeah, every Daytona owner I know except one has crashed.

I only know of two Daytona riders locally; one is a friend of mine, got off with just a broken leg and a bunch of skin grafts (because the speed limit here is 35 so you can totally wear shorts and t-shirt instead of real gear). The other I didn't know personally but friends did. He did a 100+ meter wheelie that ended in a line of parked cars outside of the 'special' school, killing himself, just a few weeks after getting his license back for irresponsible driving.

BAN THE DAYTONA

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

ReelBigLizard posted:

I only know of two Daytona riders locally; one is a friend of mine, got off with just a broken leg and a bunch of skin grafts (because the speed limit here is 35 so you can totally wear shorts and t-shirt instead of real gear). The other I didn't know personally but friends did. He did a 100+ meter wheelie that ended in a line of parked cars outside of the 'special' school, killing himself, just a few weeks after getting his license back for irresponsible driving.

BAN THE DAYTONA

This wouldn't happen if we all had Daytonas. If you ban Daytonas only the criminals and the punks would ride Daytonas and ...wait.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006

Sir Cornelius posted:

This wouldn't happen if we all had Daytonas. If you ban Daytonas only the criminals and the punks would ride Daytonas and ...wait.

UUUURrrrrghhhh! You seriously make the worst gags. They're all SO BAD.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

mootmoot posted:

UUUURrrrrghhhh! You seriously make the worst gags. They're all SO BAD.

Thanks ;)

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Sir Cornelius posted:

What makes you think that Mootmoot has any insurance or even a valid drivers license?

you are the ultimate dead horse flogger.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006
So I'm being given a Suzuki Bandit 650 as a loan bike.

How do we feel about that?

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

mootmoot posted:

How do we feel about that?

Pretty good for you but a bit worried about the Bandit. Bandits are really nice bikes. Please don't stunt or spike-nut it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
How do Bandits look with rimtape?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Pretty good (keeping in mind that it's still a Bandit) :v:

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

You should ask forum-user KozmoNaut that question. As far as I know his red rimtape hasn't tipped his bike over yet. Well, could be a question of sheer luck, but I actually sat on his Bandit a few days ago, and it felt remarkably solid even with the rimtape.

Edit: gently caress, beaten ;(

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006
Ugh I've just found out what Bandits look like. It is not an attractive bike, Ill be riding it quickly just to make sure people dont recognise me on it. Looked at the stats online and they weigh more than twice than my Daytona. I guess it'll only wheelie in first then. Anything with that huge bikerest that picks the bike almost completely off the ground isn't made for fun.

I did ask for a Bonneville but they didnt have any.

mootmoot fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 28, 2012

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

mootmoot posted:

Ugh I've just found out what Bandits look like. It is not an attractive bike, Ill be riding it quickly just to make sure people dont recognise me on it. Looked at the stats online and they weigh more than twice than my Daytona. I guess it'll only wheelie in first then. Anything with that huge bikerest that picks the bike almost completely off the ground isn't made for fun.

I did ask for a Bonneville but they didnt have any.
:goonsay:

1/10, you can do better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

:goonsay:

1/10, you can do better.

I love it that my opinions are so outrageous to you that you assume I'm trolling. I like the naked streetfighter look but there's a lot of negative points on this thing.

It arrives tomorrow at 11 so I'll wait until I see it in the bikeflesh for further comment. It better be clean at least.

• Locked thread