Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.

Giggily posted:

I just watched my mage pawn die of petrification because he refused to heal himself. He has a spell which cures it.

:thumbsup:

Mages don't have any spells that cure petrification.

Either you're thinking of Sorcerer's High Voidspell, which "invokes a magickal sigil which restores any lowered offensive or defensive attributes, and clears Petrification", or you misread the description of Mage's High Halidom, which "invokes a long-lasting sigil which clears all debilitations but Drenching, Tarring, Petrification, and lowered attributes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

tooooooo bad posted:

Unfortunately you can't see them in the search menus.

You just have to summon 5 of the class you want, then work from there.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The everfall is the craziest thing. The craziest goddamn thing I have ever seen.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Samurai Sanders posted:

The everfall is the craziest thing. The craziest goddamn thing I have ever seen.

Man I can't wait until I get where you guys because to me the Everfall was a big but kinda boring descending spiral thing with a couple of odd hallways and a fuckoff tentacle monster

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Calaveron posted:

Man I can't wait until I get where you guys because to me the Everfall was a big but kinda boring descending spiral thing with a couple of odd hallways and a fuckoff tentacle monster
Well I mostly just meant the way you fall and it keeps looping and you can "get off" by slamming face-first into one of the platforms jutting off the side

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Man I can't wait to max out sorcerer and change class. While casting those huge spells can be fun its pretty loving dull most of the time. Especially since I still don't have an elemental staff. Only 2 more vocation levels to go. Saving all the discipline points for the final 2 augments.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Striders, what do you prefer and why: Downpour Volley or Fracture Dart? I've been using Downpour Volley on my pawn and she uses it pretty effectively, so I may stick with that. But both seem kind of similar in function. What's the big difference?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just beat the Ur-Dragon online for a second time. It's really faster and easier than doing it offline, just so you know.

It seems that the "mask" item you get is randomized. I just received the "Beowulf Mask" alongside my second Abyssal armor set, which is identical to the one I previously showed you but is white instead of black. I also picked up the Longsword, Mystic Shield, Sorcerer Staff, and another set of Daggers. Still looking for that Short Sword!

Oh, and pro tip: get yourself some "Veteran's Periapt" before fighting Ur-Dragon. They're a reward for completing a quest and I believe you can make it yourself as well. Anyway, the deal behind them is that they double the amount of EXP you earn for a short period of time. So what you do is you fight Ur a lot and when he spawns in near-death, then you just use the Periapt and suddenly BAM! You just got 300k EXP for like a minute's work. I just did it now and got three level ups out of it. Insane! Go forge yourself some and get to work, son.

You can also use Ur-Dragon as a handy Dragon Forged tool. Just bring all the stuff you want to DF then switch into it just before you kill him. It's a pretty lopsided proposal otherwise. Gee, do I want to spend over a million gold upgrading the Abyssal set? Or do I just wanna swap into that gear for 10 seconds before I kill the thing and do it all for free?

Ur-Dragon owns.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well I mostly just meant the way you fall and it keeps looping and you can "get off" by slamming face-first into one of the platforms jutting off the side

Pro-tip you can get to a platform without taking damage by pressing grab near one

dygbert
Dec 9, 2011

I think my game is glitched. :/

I'm on the quest Land of Opportunity in Gran Soren where you're tasked with letting three people know that they're going to be evicted. I've reloaded multiple times, speaking with them in every order I imagine is possible but the father, Jasper, always says that he's waiting on the decision of his wife and kid. I've given him a week in game days to sit his family down and have the discussion but it appears that he hasn't come home yet and has been standing in the same spot shouting at passersby who don't bother stopping to listen to him anyways.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to get around it? I've tried killing the wife to make the decision easier but that didn't work either.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

DrManiac posted:

Pro-tip you can get to a platform without taking damage by pressing grab near one

I have no idea what you're talking about but I'm starting to get a clue about what you're talking about and I love it.

Can you dye your equipment? My Warrior's wearing a surcoat with chainmail, and while it's pretty stylish, the colors clash a bit.
If you could dye your equipment, the game would be perfect.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

dygbert posted:

I'm on the quest Land of Opportunity in Gran Soren where you're tasked with letting three people know that they're going to be evicted. I've reloaded multiple times, speaking with them in every order I imagine is possible but the father, Jasper, always says that he's waiting on the decision of his wife and kid. I've given him a week in game days to sit his family down and have the discussion but it appears that he hasn't come home yet and has been standing in the same spot shouting at passersby who don't bother stopping to listen to him anyways.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to get around it? I've tried killing the wife to make the decision easier but that didn't work either.

I killed him and had to wait like 3 times of his respawns before he stopped running away and it worked.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

dygbert posted:

I had this problem (?) but I just went and paid the guy 80k or whatever he wants and bought the land for them. Which is the nice thing to do anyway.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Finally found the metal golem, the fight was actually really cool. I didn't think they'd be able to change up the golem concept very much, but they did. The one downside is that I think a non-magic archer might actually be required to win. My hired ranger pawn was enough.

Here's how to find it since it's convoluted as hell and I completely missed it on my first playthrough. You have to do the witchhunt quest, which means you also have to do the find Quina in the witchwood quest I believe. Once you've done that leave, come back and destroy all 7 of the fog totems in the witchwood. There are 3 in the first area and 4 in the hidden area. Then find the big yellowish golem in the marsh in the hidden area and it should wake up. If anyone's found a metal golem somewhere else I'd like to hear it.

Also, I think I found a way to pick with assurance who your love interest will be. It's a quest, here's how you start it: Go to the secret area of the witchwood. Again you need to have done the witchhunt quest, it's a real bitch that you can completely miss that huh? Anyway, the quest starts when you pick up a stone tablet in front of the witch's grave

Jimbot posted:

Yeah, I meant Drakes. I'm not sure why I typed wyverns. Are there more than one Drake in the world that I haven't found yet? Keep in mind I'm still doing jobs for the jobs from Aldous, on his second set now.

Drakes appear in other places in the postgame but the devilfire grove drake is the only one I've seen before that.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

dygbert posted:

Talk to the kid, talk to the wife who tells you she needs times to think about her decision, talk to the husband who says he wants to hear from his family first, wait 2-3 in-game days and talk to the wife again to hear her choice, talk to the husband again and since both of his family members have decided he will too.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is there anywhere you can change Disciplines before getting to Gran Soren?

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
No but Gran Soren is in like the first three hours of the game, max.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Its a testament to how loving adventurous this game feels that just the initial trip to the hub city is so exciting and feels like a whole game in and of itself.

Azraden
Oct 26, 2010

Ooh - a crevice

tooooooo bad posted:

I had this problem (?) but I just went and paid the guy 80k or whatever he wants and bought the land for them. Which is the nice thing to do anyway.

How do you do this? I talked to Fournival after he gave me the quest but it just brings up his shop.

Beat my first Ur-Dragon. Once I change his vocation back to warrior, gonna have my newly-created Geralt pawn rockin' the armor.

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
You can grab the buffalo things and climb all over them while it rampages around headbutting your pawns

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

Drakes appear in other places in the postgame but the devilfire grove drake is the only one I've seen before that.

Alright. I guess I'll just wait to dragonforge my stuff then. Resting for 4 or more days is just tedious. I'll just hunt them en-mass once they start showing up more often.

Gerpy
Feb 23, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

They were really channeling the fight with the king from Demon's Souls for that encounter. I think you have to fight him.

But in that one you're more putting the king out of his misery.

In this one you're forced beat up a senior citizen who can't really hurt you to begin with and doesn't die after the fight anyways.

Gerpy fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 28, 2012

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

Gerpy posted:

But in that one you're more putting the king out of his misery.

In this one you're forced beat up a senior citizen who can't really hurt you to begin with and doesn't die after the fight anyways.

That duel was pretty hilarious as a fighter using flesh skewer. I stab my sword through the guy's stomach and he writhes about on my blade for a few seconds. I did this about 5 times until he went down and then he's just fine afterwards! :v:

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

"excelled in all regards" awesome, let's see what rating-- 4 stars in each category. Oh. Okay dude.

The second person who returned my pawn today gave it 3s in everything. I've heard that this also happens automatically if a pawn dies while you're out and you don't revive it, is this the case?

What spells do people like on their sorc pawns? My pawn obliterates big monsters (I think she murdered a gryphon with one meteor cast once) but I'm not sure how useful she is with smaller mobs. I did find her a kickass staff and upgraded it to level 3 though. I also bought myself a pair of daggers which wiped out all my gold.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Questions about climbing, are any skills or abilities active while grappling the proverbial griffin*? Or is it limited to light or heavy attack no matter what class you play?

* heh. grappling the griffin. heh heh.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Magick Archer is pretty amazing. Thinking Souls game style I thought I would miss the shield more, but dodging works just fine so far. I'm looking forward to the regent augment. While it is a crazy slow regeneration I spend so much time at half health because my pawns only heal me when I'm in the red. It'll be nice to top off.

Also I've spent most of the game with GnomeChomsky and while he kicks rear end for some reason the other pawns will barely heal them. Poor dude ends up on the ground so much.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

You guys need to hire my pawn if you ever plan on taking anything big. Best Ranger you can get fo sho! GT Church of Raven!

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
Be careful of whom you court in this game. Watching my Arisen get laid by the short drunk from the Gran Soren alehouse came out of nowhere.

Looks like I'm in the Bloody Palace portion of the game which is going to be awesome. Is there anywhere to change vocations within that area or am I going to be shooting ice spikes for a couple hours?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ciaphas posted:

Questions about climbing, are any skills or abilities active while grappling the proverbial griffin*? Or is it limited to light or heavy attack no matter what class you play?

Some skills are usable while climbing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Schubalts posted:

Some skills are usable while climbing.
Is the gouge ability worth it? I have it but haven't equipped it yet because I don't want to fill a slot with an ability that only works against giant enemies.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It's pretty jacked up that the Wyrm will automatically kill you during one of the chase sequences if you're carrying too much crap. I mean granted, it might be a combination of your character's wait/height/build/whatever but I wasn't able to survive long enough to get to the actual battle until I offloaded a bunch of junk onto my main pawn.

So how "long" is the endgame? I was kind of wanting to save using the Warrior class for a Guts/Griffith playthrough (wooo) but if I'm going to be plugging away for another five+ hours I figure I may as well switch over to something now that I've maxed out fighter.

Glad I dodged a bullet with the romance stuff. I ended up with the Duchess, and whle I do consider her a stupid ho, knowing my character could have ended up as a quasi-pedo would have probably been worse i'm totally going to hook my fake guts up with fake french caska though

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

How are you guys fighting the Ur-Dragon? I messed around with him a little bit earlier and my party wiped in about five minutes without doing much of any damage at all.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Any tips for someone who is trying to go into the witch wood just after the hydra? These bandits are wrecking my day. There is one I can't even hurt at all.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

Any tips for someone who is trying to go into the witch wood just after the hydra? These bandits are wrecking my day. There is one I can't even hurt at all.

You could come back later, or you could just run as fast as you can past them? The creatures in witchwood aren't very strong otherwise, so you'd probably be fine there.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Isnt this lost and found quest one that disappears?

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Seriously gently caress the autosave in this game, makes me not want to play this game anymore. So does anyone want 156 "make your pawn pick up items during battle" potions?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is the gouge ability worth it? I have it but haven't equipped it yet because I don't want to fill a slot with an ability that only works against giant enemies.

I'd say yes. Much like hundred kisses it does way more damage then spamming light attack.

ZeusCannon posted:

Yeah, just run straight past all of the bandits. Once you actually make it to the witchwood it's fairly trivial. And you definitely want to do it because it's required for a good bit of other content that I mentioned in an earlier post.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

I've heard that it disappeared on some people, if you go to gran soren and stuff.

If you haven't go back to the starting town and do some quests there (well, chapel, etc) and then head back to witchwood. That's what I attempted and I had enough time to complete the quest. If you're worried though, just run past the bandits.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If I start new game plus what happens to my current post-game play? It gets replaced?

edit: vvv yeah, just today I watched an undead wander into my healing circle and get destroyed instantly. Next time I should try throwing one of them in.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I have no idea why it never occurred to me considering it's a fantasy/RPG staple, but the healing spell totally does damage to the undead.

• Locked thread