Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I've always imagined Gamzee sounding like Boomhauer from King if the Hill, and uu sounding like the yes guy from The Simpsons.

I don't really have any other specific voices besides those though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Karkat still doesn't believe in ancestors. :allears:

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

All characters are Brian Blessed. All of them. Except Doc Scratch. He's Stephen Fry.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

gandhichan posted:

Haha, "pyrope lookin". I guess they all share the same surnames in this case? Maybe?
I thought that at first too, but it's probably just Terezi having the same name she might have had when she was an Ancestor during Meenah's time.
Looks like you're totally right after all. They DO share surnames!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Hee hee, "nubbyshouts"

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Karkat made a friend :allears:

And more teasing on the Sufferer's name. I wonder how Karkat/Sufferer's blood colour would have been treated in A1?

Roxy floating around, zzzzzing is loving hilarious for some reason.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Guessing that Pre-Scratch Sufferer was a real boring, calm dude.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Karkat still doesn't believe in ancestors. :allears:

He probably doesn't believe in ancestors because of what happened to his and what would've happened to him on Alternia if someone made the connection between him and the Sufferer (killed on sight). It's his special way of denial.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

All characters are Brian Blessed. All of them. Except Doc Scratch. He's Stephen Fry.

Would that make Lil' Cal Alan Davies, or would that be Hugh Laurie?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Obviously Lord English is Hugh Laurie, and Doc Scratch is his sarcastic butler.

He even has the cane and gimpy leg.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
The shout out to Nepetaquest was great. But I really need more updates stat. Representatives from A1/A2/B1/B2 all together... all that's missing is uu/UU.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Karkat opening his mouth is like dropping a live stick of dynamite into any social situation, even ones where people are actively trying to kill each other. Some things never change.

Also Nepetaquest

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

closeted republican posted:

He probably doesn't believe in ancestors because of what happened to his and what would've happened to him on Alternia if someone made the connection between him and the Sufferer (killed on sight). It's his special way of denial.

Yeah (though we don't know whether he actually has any idea about his not ancestor no such thing it's all fictional), but it's funny that he's still clinging to it after everything that's happened, and with ever greater fervor the more evidence challenges it.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Between the Nepetaquest reference and "le zzz", this page is amazing.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I do love the colour-silhouette thing Hussie does. Looks cool.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

It shouldn't surprise me any more, but the layers of metacontextual ribs in this comic keep catching me off guard. Karkat is feeling new character fatigue :allears:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Slime posted:

Karkat made a friend :allears:

Yet another friend who'd want to stab him.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
You know I was worried that after all that build up this meeting wouldn't be able to live up to it.

How wrong I was.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
This last update really sold me on Meenah. Poor thing, all she wanted to do was hang out with nubbyshouts, but no one wants to let her.:allears:

Also, she's like the only character that manages to consistently look more deranged than Terezi.

Mystery Machine fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 29, 2012

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
That's a lot of fish puns.

Girl sure does love fish puns.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I thought of another question to ask Hussie on reddit, because it's been bugging me for a while. Which group of trolls, Vriska and her group or Areana and her group, is the genetic antecedent of the other? Or are they 100% identical?

Gnome de plume posted:

Probably all it takes to get Ms. Peixes to hand over the gold (in either iteration).

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 29, 2012

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
They're genetically identical and created by ectobiology, so neither is actually the case.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Bobulus posted:

I thought of another question to ask Hussie on reddit, because it's been bugging me for a while. Which group of trolls, Vriska and her group or Areana and her group, is the genetic antecedent of the other? Or are they 100% identical?

Probably all it takes to get Ms. Peixes to hand over the gold (in either iteration).

All Sburb players are ontological paradoxes, so its pointless to ask who comes from who, or even why the hell they look like they do.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Yes, Dave, yes, wake up Roxy! That's the only way this whole scene could possibly get better. Though she's doing a pretty good job contributing to the conversation while asleep as it is.

A big flaming stink posted:

All Sburb players are ontological paradoxes, so its pointless to ask who comes from who, or even why the hell they look like they do.

They all come from a single ectobiological session, so naturally one set is derived from the other. It's just fun to see who's a mixture of whom.

So the question would be, "Is Vriska a mix of Aranea, Meenah, and [Ancestor Z] or is Aranea a mix of Vriska, Kanaya, and Terezi or whatever?" Yeah, I'd be interested in that. I don't necessarily care enough to submit myself to Reddit to ask it, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Meenah is growing on me. Her spastic oscillation between overwhelming hostility and girlish glee at asinine bullshit amuses me.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I think Meenah is now my favorite troll. And seeing Roxy's presence in chatlogs again reminds me of why she's my favorite post-Scratch!kid.

Who knew that "le zzz" could be so effective?

(by the way, I'm somewhat confused on terminology; can the post-Scratch kids be called Alpha? All of this A1/B1/B2/A2 stuff is flying over my head.)

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Nondevor posted:

I think Meenah is now my favorite troll. And seeing Roxy's presence in chatlogs again reminds me of why she's my favorite post-Scratch!kid.

Who knew that "le zzz" could be so effective?

(by the way, I'm somewhat confused on terminology; can the post-Scratch kids be called Alpha? All of this A1/B1/B2/A2 stuff is flying over my head.)

You're confused because its confusing; the A/B thing and post-scratch kids being the "alpha" kids are two different things. Universe A is the troll universe, universe B is the kids universe. Each of those has a 1 (pre-scratch) and a 2 (post-scratch). So, John is from B1, Karkat is from A2, etc.

Meanwhile the B2 kids are sometimes called the "alpha kids" because in universe B2, Sburb is in alpha instead of beta.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Fortis posted:

You're confused because its confusing; the A/B thing and post-scratch kids being the "alpha" kids are two different things. Universe A is the troll universe, universe B is the kids universe. Each of those has a 1 (pre-scratch) and a 2 (post-scratch). So, John is from B1, Karkat is from A2, etc.

Meanwhile the B2 kids are sometimes called the "alpha kids" because in universe B2, Sburb is in alpha instead of beta.

Personally I think the Alpha/Beta designations are stupid and confusing, since a)we already used those to distinguish doomed timelines and b) alphas usually come first in game development, and storyways the B1 kids (or beta kids) came first instead. Just annoys me.

Also this reminds me of something I thought of a little while ago- the B1 kids played the beta version of sBurb, which was mostly feature-complete, except for a game-breaking bug that rendered it unwinnable. The B2 kids are playing the Alpha version, which is very bare-bones, lacking prototyping, enemies and consorts, the final bosses and is also unwinnable. I dunno, just something I thought of.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Fortis posted:

Ah, okay, that clears it up a bit. I've mostly seen people calling the B2 kids "alpha", so I wasn't sure what term I should be using. Thanks!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Fortis posted:

Each of those has a 1 (pre-scratch) and a 2 (post-scratch). So, John is from B1, Karkat is from A2, etc.

Isn't Karkat from A1? I thought the universe where the troll ancestors are the "kids" are after the scratch.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

IUG posted:

Isn't Karkat from A1? I thought the universe where the troll ancestors are the "kids" are after the scratch.

Nope. The universe where the ancestors are the players was the pre-scratch troll universe. There was that whole exposition piece about how their game was unwinnable because of a glitch, remember?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
This update is a little sad though because it seems Karkat is still pretty torn up over all his dead friends. Or at least that's what I get from his shpiel. :smith:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Meenah is growing on me. Her spastic oscillation between overwhelming hostility and girlish glee at asinine bullshit amuses me.

Meenah is the greatest loving character ever. I wish we could get more of her but alas, she's dead. :(

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Lord of Laughton posted:

The shout out to Nepetaquest was great. But I really need more updates stat. Representatives from A1/A2/B1/B2 all together... all that's missing is uu/UU.
Everyone's finally together to talk about stuff! Which means it's time for them to pass through the dream bubble, and we'll be back to Jane walking around or something.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Gnome de plume posted:

Bobulus posted:

Oh, I was so close!

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003101

quote:

Whew. Your SWEDISH FISH are there.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Meenah is not only great on her own, but makes Aranea an infinitely better character to listen to when she's around.

Also I'm still pretty sure Hussie said somewhere that the trolls are direct clones, but search me as to where or when.

I can't believe I forgot that DD has the best taste in candy.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Gonna chime in that I imagine Karkat as whoever plays Dan on Dan Vs, because that's the only reason I ever watch that show. I pretend Dan is Karkat, John is Chris, Vriska is Elise*. I haven't checked yet to see if anyone has done edits to that effect but I'm going to guess probably. This has been my confession for the day.

*Vriska is the only character I could think of that likes John and dislikes Karkat

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

closeted republican posted:

Well, the Sufferer is just not really known about on modern Alternia, and Karkat especially doesn't have access to like the ~ancient lore~ and passed-down secrets that might inform him of him. It's very doubtful he even has the first clue about the Sufferer.

It seems more likely that he denies the existence of ancestors because they're an upper-class cultural thing that generally serves to glorify and privilege the upper classes yet more, and Karkat resents that upper-caste privilege hugely due to his own uniquely horrible blood situation. He's also just generally a sceptic!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

Gonna chime in that I imagine Karkat as whoever plays Dan on Dan Vs, because that's the only reason I ever watch that show. I pretend Dan is Karkat, John is Chris, Vriska is Elise*. I haven't checked yet to see if anyone has done edits to that effect but I'm going to guess probably. This has been my confession for the day.

*Vriska is the only character I could think of that likes John and dislikes Karkat

I have never even heard of this show before, but I'm amused how well that works. That Dan person even has pointy troll teeth and a black troll t-shirt. It's too bad that clip has them mentioned each others' names so much. Would make making edits harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

"liquor is booze you drink it and it makes you fall down and slur words and understand sports"

Someone needs that as a custom title pretty much right now.