Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
He wants to play as an attacking mid.

If he joins the rags he's only doing it because there's no competition for that spot.
If he joins chelsea it's because he's been blinded by their champions league win.
If he joins us, he wants to fight for a place and win trophies.

His decision will show what kind of person he actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

quote:

A new lesson for all the stupid Juve fans that were claiming that we should be sacrifised for the good of serie A.
And we should not go to TAR because it would harm Italy...
This is how they pay us back!

Simply put, the more steps you make back, the more room you concede...
We should know better next time, there is nothing else to learn from this passing media tale than that.
The Italian press hardly needed a scandal to create false interest from nowhere.
As many boring days are expected ahead in this summer mercato, since nothing really will happen after the EURO is concluded and the Olympic Games will harm it really more.
This thing is not new, its recycled from the first attempt to de-stabilize us.
But they really cant do any better than that, we should just lough it of and ignore it...

If there is one thing to worry about, is not if they really have anything on us, they didnt have the last time either, but what are our managers doing to balance the odds???
Boasting an unofficial 4rd start that invalides the whole concept? (what will stop another team to claim they were robbed and add a couple of stars after we do that? )

quote:

You know what this whole $#@! reminds me of? You guys remember that cave scene in Shutter Island movie, the dialogue between that nurse and DiCaprio's character? She said "they declare you insane so that whatever you might state in your defense will just sound like a symptom of your insanity".

So this is what this media run by our enemies is doing, they declare us criminals so that no matter how much and how we win, the world will see us as cheaters and assume that our success is the "symptom" of our criminal deeds.

$#@! them ALL! Amici di Nessuno!

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

How Everton Help Save The Premier League

This warm weather malarkey has led to a lot of sleepless nights. During these, I have had plenty of time to ponder life, the universe and football.

It is in this time I have had a startling revelation. There is a massive conspiracy in the world of the Premier League.

Everton football club conspire to be sh*te for half a season every year. On the outside it looks like each and every sodding season starts with boardroom turmoil, half the players not knowing if they have any future at the club, terrible pre-season campaign ideas and a lethargy of ideas on the pitch. Other teams - including Liverpool - conspire with Everton to beat them thoroughly and regularly until around Christmas time, allowing enough of a gap to develop between the 'leading' teams and the Toffees. It must be noted however, that Manchester City are not in on this act as they are defeated consistently by the Royal Blue Juggernaut.

The truth is that if Everton played as well as they could throughout the whole season then they'd run away with the league season on season. This would result in the stagnation of the Premier League and a drop in its overall following and revenue streams both domestically and internationally which would in turn cause splinter competitions to break off and rival teams imploding (or exploding, possibly). It would be the death of the game as we know it but for the annual sacrifice of the Boys in Blue.

They are not the heroes football deserves, they are the heroes football needs.

The Mighty Thor

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

You've become a bad boy Messi! Very very bad! You deserve a spanking!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

belgend posted:

How Everton Help Save The Premier League

This warm weather malarkey has led to a lot of sleepless nights. During these, I have had plenty of time to ponder life, the universe and football.

It is in this time I have had a startling revelation. There is a massive conspiracy in the world of the Premier League.

Everton football club conspire to be sh*te for half a season every year. On the outside it looks like each and every sodding season starts with boardroom turmoil, half the players not knowing if they have any future at the club, terrible pre-season campaign ideas and a lethargy of ideas on the pitch. Other teams - including Liverpool - conspire with Everton to beat them thoroughly and regularly until around Christmas time, allowing enough of a gap to develop between the 'leading' teams and the Toffees. It must be noted however, that Manchester City are not in on this act as they are defeated consistently by the Royal Blue Juggernaut.

The truth is that if Everton played as well as they could throughout the whole season then they'd run away with the league season on season. This would result in the stagnation of the Premier League and a drop in its overall following and revenue streams both domestically and internationally which would in turn cause splinter competitions to break off and rival teams imploding (or exploding, possibly). It would be the death of the game as we know it but for the annual sacrifice of the Boys in Blue.

They are not the heroes football deserves, they are the heroes football needs.

The Mighty Thor

But this actually owns?

Truth
Feb 24, 2005

quote:

Agree wholeheartedly with this. With the compo we may just get a much bigger name. Spend £4 million of the compo on a 2 year contract for Guardiola. He wants a PL job and it's all ready for him playing wise.

It's really far fetched and I know I'll get pelters for this but shy boys don't get sweeties. The worst he can say is no. On the other hand........ get Poyet, Zola or Di Matteo. We're not NPC anymore, why restrict our options.

This was posted by a Swansea supporter.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
a comment on a competition to name the celebrity in a picture or something, on the liverpool facebook:

I'm not being funny but I should be a liverpool player I'm aged 16 I'm 5 foot 7 inches , I play cb little league but for a team like liverpool I would trial for lb or rb , I'm fast strong I can do decant challenges and pass the ball around nicely all I need is a chance I bet with in an hour I could catch your eyes

go on lad :unsmith:

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

paddy scrote posted:

a comment on a competition to name the celebrity in a picture or something, on the liverpool facebook:

I'm not being funny but I should be a liverpool player I'm aged 16 I'm 5 foot 7 inches , I play cb little league but for a team like liverpool I would trial for lb or rb , I'm fast strong I can do decant challenges and pass the ball around nicely all I need is a chance I bet with in an hour I could catch your eyes

that's Danny Wilson he's resorted to lying about his age to try and get picked

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

athoroughlyantiquatedmillie posted:

Brendan Who???

By appointing Brendan Rodgers, I think we can safely say that John W Henry and Fenway are Hicks and Gillette Mark 2

#get the yanks out
#Liverpool FC
#LFC
#John W Henry

dokimasia posted:

Brendan Rodgers to be the new Liverpool manager.

I don’t know anything about him.

#oh God I miss King Kenny
#liverpool fc
#close to tears
#i don't have any sad LFC gifs so deal with Cesc

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

U LIEVELINGSTEAM -KAYSERISPOR0.♥ -FC BARCALONA♥ -REAL MADRID♥♥ -GALATASARAY♥♥♥ -FENERBAHCE♥♥♥♥ -TRABZONSPOR♥♥♥♥♥ -GAZIANTEPSPOR♥♥♥♥♥♥ -CHELSEY♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ -Arsenal♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ - Aston Villa♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ - Birmingham City♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ - Blackburn Rovers♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ - Chelsea♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ - Liverpool♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ - Manchester United♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ - Manchester City♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

paddy scrote posted:

Let's start an SA campaign to get this lad a trial.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Nm

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Not entirely about football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0FaL-VWhzg

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug

^^^^ wrong thread.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1208295-liverpool-fc-why-possible-sigurdsson-transfer-mirrors-konchesky-failure

quote:

As part of the compensation deal agreed between the two clubs, Rodgers can not sign any players from the Welsh club for 12 months. But since Sigurdsson is still under contract with Hoffenheim, he can be signed by Rodgers at Liverpool.

This scenario is eerily familiar to when Roy Hodgson decided to bring in left back Paul Konchesky with him from Fulham in 2010.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
'Tis eerily familiar.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

DAV01 posted:

BR has been given his budget,way too slow getting players in-if this is what we expect we'll end up with a few has been's & probably a free transfer if we are lucky.

Keep in mind that the man was only officially appointed last Friday.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

TyChan posted:

And he hasn't won a single game yet ffs

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

TyChan posted:

Also it's a four day bank holiday weekend so things involving money are literally not possible

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Xabi posted:

'Tis eerily familiar.

Well you can't blame Liverpool for insisting on that clause to avoid another incident like Konchesky.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Please don't remind us.

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

Pillbug

Scrapple posted:

Union Firm... Are their any MLS cities that have a Firm?

USAsnl posted:

And by firm you mean...?

Scrapple posted:

Well, I guess extreme supporter clubs.. =)

Rent the movie "Green Street Hooligans" (netfilx or blockbuster), and you will know what a firm is. It stars frodo from lord of the rings (forgot his real name). Pretty good flick.

firm lists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hooligan_firms

wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism

Jax would be a cool local firm name (union jax).. =)
a mix of :3: and
:mmmhmm:

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

quote:

Can we please just sign Joey Barton already?

quote:

Why??????

quote:

Because we've ditched our "thugs" approach to the game that we had in 2010, and we need to get it back?

quote:

if we made him captain you'd all love his foolish antics.

i'm just saying if we're going to suck under Nowak...might as well go big or go home. Plus I need some man-swoonage to keep my attention.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

quote:

Ronaldinho has terminated his contract at his club in brazil(sao Paolo i think) over unpaid wages. he has big sam signing written all over him. cast your mind back to Okocha & Djorkaeff @ bolton. i think he would be amazing signing even if off the bench he could be some impact player and SUGO would love a big name like him. what you reckon guys

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW

ahaaha

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Jason "the jet" Terry is a london legend

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
It says on Dzagoev's Wikipedia page that Frank Lampard was his role-model growing up. This is fine, but it seems familiar and I'm sure I've seen this on other footballers wiki pages.

Is this some kind of wiki-vandalism meme? (Not saying Frank unworthy, just genuinely wondering)

edit: wrong thread, sorry Frank.

Tortuga fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 8, 2012

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

GravityDaemon posted:

You've become a bad boy Messi! Very very bad! You deserve a spanking!

You italian fans never cease to amaze me.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Hah'... So perfect. And yet, I will just say this : English Football Hooligans are rather impressive, and I am impressed by their love towards their clubs, and shits. So I will just say "Own their arses, lads!". Go go go, England! Respect from Partizan Belgrade's fan, Gravedigger/Grobar!!!
Marco95GJ70 11 hours ago

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wrong thread

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Yo if anyone comes across funny american articles about the euros don't forget to post them here. :)

LaneAveElite
Oct 31, 2010

jyrka posted:

Yo if anyone comes across funny american articles about the euros don't forget to post them here. :)
I can only assume this is because the Euro's are on ESPN in the states.

"If you are an American, and watch soccer that doesn't involve an American team, you are gay. You are admitting to the world that you have never played a real sport in your life."

I don't know if this guy is just really into MLS or...

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

THROPHY

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

Pillbug

interesting word choice.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
IT'S A BLUE loving DAY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Rpl59IJZw

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

quote:

Does anyone here actually like PovertyBall? aka Soccer

I know all the poor nations love it, but it just seems so ghey the way they all dive on the ground and cry like little girls when someone gets near them.

Please aware me how it is possible to actually like this "sport"

quote:

Football is 10x the sport soccer will ever be.

btw the pads and helmet are needed because stuff like this happens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXLOHF71L_c

EDIT: for all you soccer ***s out there, please watch this video before further commenting, thank you.

i love how this is a bodybuilding forum where the goal here is to get big and ripped, yet people here are criticizing the sport that rewards the big and ripped guys... riddle me that

to all you foot fairires out there, please post in another forum if you arent man enough to admit this guy

is more of an athlete than this guy

quote:

It's the exact same as soccer. People act like it's a huge difference.

Baseball game:
brb hit a home run
brb steal a base
brb double play

Soccer game:
brb score a goal
brb good save
brb penalty shot

Each other them are slow paced sports that are boring to watch. The difference is, at a Baseball game I can sit around eating hot dogs and socializing rather then standing up for 90 minutes singing chitty songs with a bunch of smelly Europeans.

quote:

So today I did my leg work out this morning and did some cardio. I am tired of seeing all these soccer poverty ball threads and about how hard it is to play it. I play football and basketball regularly and I already know they take more skill then soccer. So today I went to play bball at a local school to go shoot around and relax. There are usually some Nigerians and guys from Ghana who play soccer up on a field there. So today I brought my football cleats and asked if I could join in. They play just about every day and are pretty good. They all either play for their uni or play for their country when they are not in America. So they let me play and keep in mind, I haven’t touched a soccer ball in years. We play a game up to five and I score three of the goals. They were not super fancy shots but they were hard fast kicks. Only one of them was close by the net, the other ones were a solid respectable distance away.

Soccer is a very easy sport; my upper body didn’t even get tired what so ever. My legs were working well but I have decent cardio. I have no idea why people believe this sport is so difficult to play. I understand I am not playing at a major league level but I don’t even play soccer and I scored 60% of our teams goals. One guy headed the ball in while the other bicycle kicked it in. So since I didn’t feel any upper body power strains I went to play bball after I thanked them for letting me play. I then went home and did a high volume bodyweight workout. I got the Iron Gym yesterday so I did 100 chinups, 100 pullups, 100 pushups, 300 situps, 100 dips and 100 of the other type of pull ups were the two bars come straight out. Anywho, I still had the energy to do all of that after playing a soccer game which lasted at least an hour

I tried it out bros, soccer really isn’t that hard.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

That's wisdom right there.