Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Jastiger posted:

These lessons you speak of, what are they? I too would like to double my XP gain. My rogue is currently only level 30, but I'd like any boost I can!

Lesson of the Devoted. Its a 1yr veteran reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Anyone know of good group spots/instances for grinding exp at 85? I'm rolling now with an 86 monk with 2k AA, 86 druid with 1.5k AA, 86 shaman with 200ish AA and a 73 bard with 0 AA. I want to get the shaman and bard up to the 1000-1500 range before I switch back to normal exp. So far I've been pulling trains of 20-30 mobs in Loping Plains, but if anyone has a better spot they're willing to share I'm all ears.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Peechka posted:

Lesson of the Devoted. Its a 1yr veteran reward.

Is it passable between accounts? My monk has that, but the 30 rogue I started on Luclin doesn't.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Goldmund posted:

Anyone know of good group spots/instances for grinding exp at 85? I'm rolling now with an 86 monk with 2k AA, 86 druid with 1.5k AA, 86 shaman with 200ish AA and a 73 bard with 0 AA. I want to get the shaman and bard up to the 1000-1500 range before I switch back to normal exp. So far I've been pulling trains of 20-30 mobs in Loping Plains, but if anyone has a better spot they're willing to share I'm all ears.

I would strongly recommend taking some time to earn some AA with your bard, if only to get a few core abilities that really revolutionise the class. My bard has less than 100 AA (and is only 67), but I have invested heavily in movement speed enhancing abilities (Level 5 Innate Run Speed, both levels of Fleet of Foot, and 1 of 3 levels of Selo's Enduring Cadence which I can't improve any further until 68), Bellow (instant-cast pulling DD ability with a huge range) and, perhaps most importantly, Fading Memories (instant cast aggro wipe with 1 second cooldown). These abilities really make bards fantastic pullers and I think would really complement your other classes. Then again, you have a monk with an ungodly amount of AA already, so maybe you don't care.

Personally, I'm saying bollocks to AA until the June patch comes out that doubles AA earning speed. Entirely possible, however, that the high cost of buying new songs and spells (for my 66 druid) every level will dissuade me from that. I'm so glad that they put most of the songs and spells in PoK, but they are awfully pricey.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Goldmund posted:

Get your bard to 75 and do the task "Filling the Repository" in Pellucid Grotto. If you keep him at 75 for a while he'll get around 25-27aa per task turn in (every 6 hours) + the exp from killing the mobs needed to do the task. You need to be 75 to get the rewards from the task though. At 86 you get around 15-17aa per turn in, or almost one full yellow of normal exp.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

I would strongly recommend taking some time to earn some AA with your bard, if only to get a few core abilities that really revolutionise the class. My bard has less than 100 AA (and is only 67), but I have invested heavily in movement speed enhancing abilities (Level 5 Innate Run Speed, both levels of Fleet of Foot, and 1 of 3 levels of Selo's Enduring Cadence which I can't improve any further until 68), Bellow (instant-cast pulling DD ability with a huge range) and, perhaps most importantly, Fading Memories (instant cast aggro wipe with 1 second cooldown). These abilities really make bards fantastic pullers and I think would really complement your other classes. Then again, you have a monk with an ungodly amount of AA already, so maybe you don't care.

Yeah, I should probably switch over and snag 50ish or so AA on the bard before I go back to leveling on him. He's only got about 20 hours /played right now, and probably half of that was spent getting his 1.5 epic. The monk is my long time main, and I cut my teeth pulling raids from Veeshan's Peak era all the way to Depths of Darkhollow, so he's probably always going to be my go-to puller. :)

Creative Bicycle posted:

Get your bard to 75 and do the task "Filling the Repository" in Pellucid Grotto. If you keep him at 75 for a while he'll get around 25-27aa per task turn in (every 6 hours) + the exp from killing the mobs needed to do the task. You need to be 75 to get the rewards from the task though. At 86 you get around 15-17aa per turn in, or almost one full yellow of normal exp.

Sounds promising, thanks. Is there a six hour lockout on the task?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Goldmund posted:

Yeah, I should probably switch over and snag 50ish or so AA on the bard before I go back to leveling on him. He's only got about 20 hours /played right now, and probably half of that was spent getting his 1.5 epic.

I'd like it if we could talk about the bard 1.5. My bard has his 1.0 and, thanks to Loon, also has the first bit of his 1.5 from Dragon Necropolis, though I need to get him back out there and start picking up those bits of dragon bone in order to do that first sequence of fights.

I've only browsed the 1.5 epic quest, but it apparently requires a lot of foraging in Skyfire (ick) and killing several small dragons. Honestly, I just hate asking for help for anything, which I realise is an utterly retarded attitude to have in just about any MMORPG.

Speaking of dragons, Loon and I taking down Zlandicar last night (by which I mean I basically stood there while Loon's rogue eviscerated him) in about 18 seconds was still one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I knew that the older dragons would be trivial at this point in the game's life cycle, but I never imagined how much so.

Anyway, please hit me up in game - Sypherr (67 Wood Elf Bard) or Nylander (66 Wood Elf Druid).

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I'm doing my rogue 1.5 (kinda). So if there's any way to help each other out, I'm down. My rogue is lvl70 Dijital. Though I don't know how much of that content, if any, is trivial for our levels.

:bang: Aww Christ; the last step of my epic requires 13 people to even get to work. Oh well, gonna take me weeks to even farm this dumb poo poo from the god awful OoW zones.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 26, 2012

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

I'd like it if we could talk about the bard 1.5. My bard has his 1.0 and, thanks to Loon, also has the first bit of his 1.5 from Dragon Necropolis, though I need to get him back out there and start picking up those bits of dragon bone in order to do that first sequence of fights.

I've only browsed the 1.5 epic quest, but it apparently requires a lot of foraging in Skyfire (ick) and killing several small dragons. Honestly, I just hate asking for help for anything, which I realise is an utterly retarded attitude to have in just about any MMORPG.

Speaking of dragons, Loon and I taking down Zlandicar last night (by which I mean I basically stood there while Loon's rogue eviscerated him) in about 18 seconds was still one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I knew that the older dragons would be trivial at this point in the game's life cycle, but I never imagined how much so.

Anyway, please hit me up in game - Sypherr (67 Wood Elf Bard) or Nylander (66 Wood Elf Druid).

Well I actually play on Quellious/Povar, so I won't be able to help in game, but I can try to answer any questions you have here.

The foraging in Skyfire should be easy for you. The globes are droppable, so you can just port in with your druid and get all 4 right where you zone in. I think it only took me about 15 minutes for that.

There is a bit of farming needed in Dragon Necropolis, but nothing you couldn't knock out in an evening on your own. The fights there will be the hardest part for you, but if you can get a level 95 or a few 85ish to help out it should be cake.

The worst bit for me was farming the Dragorn Bloods. You need 8, and they are a rare spawn off Dragorns in Wall of Slaughter or Nobles Causeway. Drop rate is supposedly better in WoS, but it still took me 4 clears of every dragorn in the zone to get what I needed. That would be pretty rough at 67 I'd think, so you'd probably have to go to Nobles Causeway for them.

You'll also have to farm components for the diamonds you need (which you'll need a level 65 or higher enchanter to make). They are all droppable, so if you're lucky you can find them in the bazaar. Most of the bits were quick drops for me, but Metallic Liquid can be a huge pain in the rear end (and still sells for 5-7k each on my server).

Honestly the bard 1.5 is the hardest and most time consuming of any epic in my opinion, but the clicky is most definitely worth the effort.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

darkhand posted:

:bang: Aww Christ; the last step of my epic requires 13 people to even get to work. Oh well, gonna take me weeks to even farm this dumb poo poo from the god awful OoW zones.

I could be wrong, but I thought that rogue epic instance was one of those that got patched a month or two ago to lower the player count requirement.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

The337th posted:

I could be wrong, but I thought that rogue epic instance was one of those that got patched a month or two ago to lower the player count requirement.

I did it with 3-4 last fall.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I hate yankees posted:

I did it with 3-4 last fall.

This is enough to make me repatch and knock it out just because my fuckin rogue has been waiting 6 years for this.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Finally finished moving and I'm currently on Droid tether internet, but UVerse coming in the next week, so Kodaji and Co. will be back soon! AA XP boost patch sounds awesome for my bard and shaman, plus I'm all past burning out on that god forsaken MG sploit xp grind, so time to farm some more SS then head into VoA.

Who's still playing?

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

MrTheDevious posted:

Finally finished moving and I'm currently on Droid tether internet, but UVerse coming in the next week, so Kodaji and Co. will be back soon! AA XP boost patch sounds awesome for my bard and shaman, plus I'm all past burning out on that god forsaken MG sploit xp grind, so time to farm some more SS then head into VoA.

Who's still playing?

Nice, wasn't sure if you were coming back or when! Karael has his 6 characters up to 80 or 81, Loon has been levelling like a madman and is around 92-94 on his 3, Puga is also around and we have a bunch of people in the high 60's/low 70's. I've got 2 at 85 and one at 83, and there still seems to be a pretty substantial presence on in the evenings/weekends despite Diablo 3 (which I'm also occasionally playing).

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.
Nmar/Luigi are at 75 and 200 AAs now. I'm gonna take a break from levelling mainly because buying spells is keeping me broke. :|

since the AA patch is coming I will probably spend the next week or two working on epics and maybe levelling a third dude to round out the self-group. I've been debating either utility with an enchanter or bard or possibly an SK or other melee class if I ever decide to try out isboxer.

veril
Aug 28, 2004
Just made a new character on Luclin, on an account I've had for a while.

It looks like I have 2520 Loyalty Tokens -- what would be the best thing to spend them on?

Looks like I could trade them in for Bags of Platinum and get ~75k plat? Or would it be better to hold on to it and get the level 80 earrings the vendor has? I rolled a necro, and the Orb of Servitude looks like it'd be worth getting eventually. Or is there better/easier to get stuff at that level?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

The 2 anchors are great, and the house is upkeep free. The gear is all pretty bleh.

The bags of plat will probably buy more and better gear per a loyalty than getting those items.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
What a great weekend for my internet to go down. The cablemodem died on Sunday so I missed half of the double EXP weekend.

grrrr

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

veril posted:

Just made a new character on Luclin, on an account I've had for a while.

It looks like I have 2520 Loyalty Tokens -- what would be the best thing to spend them on?

Skip the gear, all the T1 HoT stuff is better at 80, and pretty easily gotten. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=91932 for example, slightly better pet focus and its probably going for next to nothing in the baz as common as it is.

Look into the Primary / Secondary Anchors that were mentioned, they're amazing for a melee class to be able to gate and land right next to the guild hall portal. Not really as incredible for a caster, but if you have two of them placed, that gives you the option of moving your bind around to other convenient areas and still having a way to gate.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

Who's still playing?

Vild is up to level 80, and Taygon is at 60. Going to work on getting Taygon caught up and getting epics and J5 Mercs for both characters.

Want to add a third, but I'll need more memory in my laptop.

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012
Following the double xp weekend, both of my characters are at 71 and building up AAs. Now I know someone told me why 71 is important to get before stopping, but damned if I can remember why. Anyone know what I am supposed to be working on that made 71 significant? Some task or other perhaps?

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

Sgt Froggy posted:

Following the double xp weekend, both of my characters are at 71 and building up AAs. Now I know someone told me why 71 is important to get before stopping, but damned if I can remember why. Anyone know what I am supposed to be working on that made 71 significant? Some task or other perhaps?

There are AAs that become available at 71 that you will probably want. Gear and spells/tomes also start becoming rather expensive so you will want to not level quite so fast unless you've spent a good deal of time farming money. For instance, at 76 I spent 20k on spells for my two dudes.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
71 is also pretty much the last level you'll get great exp in the hole

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Sgt Froggy posted:

Glowing Athlai / Othni are req 71/ rec 76, have better HME than Elegant, have heroic stats, and the bracers eliminate random chance on the focus if that matters. All other Blackburrow/Unrest/Lower Guk/Cazic Thule items are req/rec the same as well, so you can get a larger increase in power at the moment than by getting elegant at 70, and most of it is tradable, if its from Blackburrow or Guk.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

I'm probably going to be back eventually because inferno diablo 3 sucks.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

What should I be doing post-70? I got a bard-box and a rogue. I have been doing the turtle/gators in Velgalid mines but the loot is loving awful and I'm barely breaking-even with mercs out. The farm is overcamped and I feel like a dick outcamping dudes, the robots in Dragonscale have retarded HP/AC so it's really slow. Plane of Fire C1 is boring as gently caress and C2 is always camped

Are there any humanoids deeper in the mines or something?

Hope a lot of you dudes didn't quit because last night it was pretty much me and Loon online. :argh:

darkhand fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 30, 2012

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

darkhand posted:

What should I be doing post-70? I got a bard-box and a rogue. I have been doing the turtle/gators in Velgalid mines but the loot is loving awful and I'm barely breaking-even with mercs out. The farm is overcamped and I feel like a dick outcamping dudes, the robots in Dragonscale have retarded HP/AC so it's really slow. Plane of Fire C1 is boring as gently caress and C2 is always camped

Try Paw if it is not overcamped or you could try Katta Castrum. The elementals are easy and drop decent vendor loot.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

darkhand posted:

Hope a lot of you dudes didn't quit because last night it was pretty much me and Loon online. :argh:

Eff ewe I was on. :P

The Buried Sea has stuff around 70-75 and they are total pussies and drop good vendor loots too. I'm up for some xp once i finish my mage epic. Two fights to go! I have to trash mobs in Plane of Valor and NC for them so if you wanna come along for some AAs (should all be lb) and loots that would be fun.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

darkhand posted:

I'm doing my rogue 1.5 (kinda). So if there's any way to help each other out, I'm down. My rogue is lvl70 Dijital. Though I don't know how much of that content, if any, is trivial for our levels.

What? I did my 1.0 prequest, and 1.5 in less than 24 hours. It won't take weeks.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I finally started a Dark Elf SK to complement my bard and druid - I fancy that those 3 plus mercs (cleric, rogue, wizard, perhaps) would make a nice one-man group.

I'd be happy to help anyone work on their epics or whatever, inasmuch as a 67 druid and bard can. That said, I would really love it if some people would help me do the bard 1.5 before the end of the summer (once the academic year starts I will have little to no play time) because I keep hearing about how amazing the click is on that thing (he has his 1.0 already). I could be wrong, but from looking at it the bard 2.0 seems almost trivial, but again I could well not be getting it.

The druid 1.5/2.0, on the other hand, seem very lacklustre and I'm not that excited about them. I'd like to do the SK 1.0 (Innoruuk's Curse?) at some point because it just looks brilliant, but even these days it's a ludicrously hard and obnoxious quest.

By the way, whoever put an Elabourate Defiant Leather Chest and Druid shield in the guild bank recently, you have my deepest thanks. Those were huge upgrades for Nylander and I was able to give my Lodizal Shell Shield to my SK. It's a great twink item - no restrictions, no recommended level, constant Enduring Breath while equipped, and it can go in either the back or off-hand.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

The bard and SK 2.0 epics are both great.
The druid one is good enough if you're getting it at level, but is completely useless at 95. My 1.0 and 2.0 are both on a wall in my house, while my SK's 2.0 is on her main hotkey page.

Once you get caster support AAs and spells on your druid, using clr/wiz/wiz mercs will better and let you focus the bard's songs on casters instead of being split.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

jetz0r posted:

Once you get caster support AAs and spells on your druid, using clr/wiz/wiz mercs will better and let you focus the bard's songs on casters instead of being split.

Since you're obviously a very experienced bard (in my defence, I was back in the PoP days), what's a good all-purpose melody for bards these days? I can't remember what stacks with what and lord knows that they have added so much. In general, I twist War March of the Mastruq (65 primary haste/attack song), Echo of the Trusik (65 DD buff/haste v2), and Psalm of Veeshan (63 resist/DS/attack buff song). In combat, I've been adding in Song of Storms because it does seem to proc very frequently and Cantata of Life when there's no fighting, though when we were AoE carpet-bombing Blackfeather Roost I twisted in Song of Shenanigans for the AoE DoT & Slow. I've done quite a bit of research, but so much has changed and I've forgotten so much of what hasn't, I'm worried that I'm not doing the right thing.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still the punk rear end 62 rogue. I'm bummed that it's almost a requirement that I have a two box character so I can actually solo. Anyone have any ideas that I can do other than dying in the hole or killing one mob a day in roost?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

JustJeff88 posted:

Since you're obviously a very experienced bard (in my defence, I was back in the PoP days), what's a good all-purpose melody for bards these days? I can't remember what stacks with what and lord knows that they have added so much. In general, I twist War March of the Mastruq (65 primary haste/attack song), Echo of the Trusik (65 DD buff/haste v2), and Psalm of Veeshan (63 resist/DS/attack buff song). In combat, I've been adding in Song of Storms because it does seem to proc very frequently and Cantata of Life when there's no fighting, though when we were AoE carpet-bombing Blackfeather Roost I twisted in Song of Shenanigans for the AoE DoT & Slow. I've done quite a bit of research, but so much has changed and I've forgotten so much of what hasn't, I'm worried that I'm not doing the right thing.

I'm a Bad Bard, but that's what I've been doing. In the early 70s(i think) you get Aura of the Muse which is long duration overhaste/spell-DD buff. Which means you can replace overhaste song with something like Pyro/chillsong which boosts spell damage by flat amount. So now you're basically running 5 songs.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

Since you're obviously a very experienced bard (in my defence, I was back in the PoP days), what's a good all-purpose melody for bards these days?

:psyduck: I'm a druid with an SK box, I haven't played a bard since filling in on raids in Velious. I just pay attention to what songs get used in my necro/caster group on raids and how much dps they add to my burns.

There are a few high level bard goons that might know, though.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

jetz0r posted:

The bard and SK 2.0 epics are both great.

Those two and the shaman and rogue 2.0 are probably the best and most useful ones.

I literally use my rogue epic as much as it refreshes.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Is the fact that I'm level 76 with only 250 AAs the reason everything is so drat hard to kill now? Or is the J1 merc the big hold back? I'm torn, barrel to 80 best i can and have loon or someone help me get j5 merc access or grind out like 500 AAs?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Ylide posted:

Is the fact that I'm level 76 with only 250 AAs the reason everything is so drat hard to kill now? Or is the J1 merc the big hold back? I'm torn, barrel to 80 best i can and have loon or someone help me get j5 merc access or grind out like 500 AAs?

You're getting to where you the content is kinda adjusted to your power level and all of those are going to be holding you back. But exp is just going to be slower from here on out.

I'd say your mage's AAs are more important than the druid's. Pick up enough of those so your pet can keep up with content and work towards 80 for J5 and HoT armor.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Ylide posted:

A bit of both. Mid 70s is when I saw the mercs usefulness take a big hit, and AA is pretty important depending on class, especially since those first ranks give way better returns than ones later on. You're in a weird spot for leveling since a lot of good stuff is greened out, but places like paw/farm should still be decent. I would suggest either decking out in top of the line 75 gear and AAing to between 500-700, or powering to 80 for new gear. A lot of cheap, great stuff becomes available at 80.

My buddy is holding at 76 and AAing in katta as a mage, apparently its easy as balls and he basically just afk-kills 90% of the time. Kind of lame but whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
When the changes to AA experience hits, Paw is going to be stuffed full. Poor elementals might let the Gnolls back in.

The farm is also going to be hotly contested. There is a spot just south of the farm in DSH that has about 7-8 doombug spawns. I plan on parking there for AAs once the exp update goes in.

I might head over to katta for a change of pace once I finish up Beastlord Epic 1.5. I got lucky yesterday and found the Ailing Walrus just sitting in SG then this morning the Maiden's Eye wolf mob I needed was up. I'm going to do some tailoring then start the battles for 1.5 soon afterwards.

Got a question: I can get the gingerbread mercs with loyalty points. Is it worth doing or is it just cosmetic?