Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypothetical Hose
Jun 6, 2010
Just took this a few minutes ago with my 4S. It's been trying to be thunderstormy all day, clouds have been pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ropes4u posted:

Snapseed is currently free in the app store

Well worth the download if you want to edit stuff, this one...

ThisQuietReverie posted:

These have been run through the "InstaCRT" app. You can take a photo with the default camera or load from your photo library. It then sends your photo to an FTP server in Sweden where it sits in a queue and then is displayed on a 1 inch CRT that was formally the viewfinder in an 80s VHS camcorder. A Canon 7D takes a photo of your projected image and it is sent back to you via the app. 2 bucks on the app store.
This is fun; snapped in 1-Bit Camera and then InstaCRT'd.

1-bit Mountain by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

IndecisiveMexican
Feb 14, 2006
¿Pero whish one?
Caiman lizard at the San Diego Zoo I used PSexpress

And some camels at the aforementioned zoo

true.spoon
Jun 7, 2012
Some time ago I read an article how the infrared blocking filter of digital cameras used to be so bad that if you filter visible light you should be able to make infrared pictures with old cameras.
I tried this with a Nokia 2700 (ugh), using an unexposed developed diapositive as filter. I think for proper infrared pictures you would need a long exposure with low sensitivity, which the Nokia is unable to do, but the color distortion effect is still quite nice (please try to ignore the pixel mess):

Printed at 15x10 the pictures don't actually look as horrible as I thought.

Perhaps you notice the blueish circle in the middle (and a smaller redish circle in the middle of that), I wonder what that is about.

Arob1000
Jul 30, 2006
The man, the myth, the legend...
I took this one on my 3GS last year, wish I had a better camera with me at the time...no processing done.

how!!
Nov 19, 2011

by angerbot

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
Who or what is "rarus"?

MaxMaxIncomeTax
May 27, 2006

KEEPIN IT REAL
I've become moderately obsessed with architecture over the past few months, so Instagram has been a fun app to fool around with. I've got more on my Instagram account (zpatten) if anybody would like to check it out.

It's been a fun hobby which has spawned a book project I'm working on in Philadelphia, basically reshooting historical photographs from similar perspectives.

Zombina
Nov 25, 2007

brains...
I have fallen in love with Instagram. Since using it I take at least 1 photo a day, here are some examples:

Fellow instagramers get in touch - I'd love to have some goons on my feed! zombina87

On another note, does anyone use a lens on their iPhone? I've been reading mixed reviews and would like to hear opinions. If this isn't the place for this discussion, let me know where I should go!

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Galaxy SII

Walfke
Jun 7, 2012
This was taken in one of the male toilets at Adelaide University, UniSA is the University of South Australia.
CamFX Filters applied.

This was taken at about 7am on the River Murray.
No Filters.

Both of these were taken with a HTC Desire [v.1].

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
I've come to use 645 Pro as my main camera app. Unfortunately, I contacted the developer and there's no way to increase the minimum shutter speed before it kicks over to a higher ISO so it's stuck at 1/15 (1/20 for the 4S). I hope eventually Apple lets developers control such things because if they do, the iPhone camera would be incredible.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

The 4S+Snapseed is loving cool. hereliesandy is my Instagram.

birds fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 10, 2012

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Zombina posted:

Fellow instagramers get in touch - I'd love to have some goons on my feed! zombina87

That's a gorgeous picture! And it's always good to see more goons in my feed.

Some recent ones from my droid:

Abbeh fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 11, 2012

how!!
Nov 19, 2011

by angerbot

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

IMG_1640 by dtloken, on Flickr

Untitled by dtloken, on Flickr

bocevus
Sep 11, 2002

Got a big enough joint there Rick?

Camera360
Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Ghosts Of A Videogame Never Made, ca. 1994 by ThisQuietReverie, on Flickr

Trip Report:

Mea Mobile had some sort of anniversary celebration earlier in the week where all their apps were free for a day. I already own iSupr8 from them but I downloaded a few apps from their catalog. Most are one-off apps that they built under contract for a specific company but what I was after was an app called "Part" that I had seen a video for last month. Part takes an image and does the Photoshop equivalent of Blur-> Average and continually subdivides the image into smaller circles or squares where you finger swipe. Sort of like what the app Percolator does but you are bringing back resolution where you swipe.

You can see it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWUuKAlO5KE

It's not a particularly compelling video but the human brain is wired to recognize faces so that is what I tried it on. I ran some photos I had in my camera roll through it then inserted the output into Decim8 until I got something I liked. I'm not sure what legitimate use anybody would have for such a thing but if the aesthetic appeals to you that's how this is done. In addition to Decim8 the images that Part puts out also works pretty well with the previously mentioned InstaCRT which got some hardware upgrades recently and now has less queue time and outputs at a higher resolution.

zombiegeekgirl
Jun 1, 2012

wnatw posted:

This morning on the bus.

Whatever the iPhone lacks in quality it makes up for in being with you 100% of the time.

more from my daily commute are here http://wnatw.tumblr.com mainly using TiltShiftGen, CameraBag, Lo-Mob, and ShakeItPhoto...

This is a really great shot! I love how it has a nice retro, moody feel! Well done!!

birds
Jun 28, 2008

I've been wanting to get back into serious photography for a while but my iPhone is way too loving convenient. Enjoy some (lovely?) food photography and a coke bottle.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

I lost my last point & shoot years ago but the camera on my phone seems to perform just as well which is nice. I like the hipsterific flaring and macro abilities.

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe
I went for a walk to get out of the apartment while the landlord showed it to someone else:

I call this one max hipster:

Sadly completely out of focus.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

clockwork automaton posted:

Sadly completely out of focus.

It's wistful!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Finally got a good shot of Sydney:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

IMG_1723 by dtloken, on Flickr

IMG_1720 by dtloken, on Flickr

4th of July Parade.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
How have I never seen this thread before? Lately (sadly) I've used my iPhone more than my Canon, so yay a place to post photos other than Instagram or Twitter!

Blowing up cheap fireworks in the driveway for the kids AMERICA

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Normally I hate people who take photos of their food, but I liked the colours of this one

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

If you see this man, slap him in the nuts for me.

I got my first Android phone a week or so ago, and as much as I hate Instagram, I absolutely LOVE Instagram, if you know what I mean. (username: kristoferegan)

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Anyone try the foxy lens on hipstamatic?

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Ropes4u posted:

Anyone try the foxy lens on hipstamatic?

I have it but haven't used it enough to say anything about it. Jane lens and Ina's 1982 is what I'm about at the moment:

Lost In This Era by thisquietreverie, on Flickr

Foxy has a blue cast to it, I'm not a big fan but I haven't tried it with more than a couple of films.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

ThisQuietReverie posted:

I have it but haven't used it enough to say anything about it. Jane lens and Ina's 1982 is what I'm about at the moment:

Lost In This Era by thisquietreverie, on Flickr

Foxy has a blue cast to it, I'm not a big fan but I haven't tried it with more than a couple of films.

I love Jane and Ina 82 film. I didn't want to buy another lens / film I won't ever use, buts only a buck

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I've only started getting into photography in the last year or so (in anticipation of and since getting the iPhone 4S), but even then I'm not that great. I finally got a shot I'm proud of the other day, in of all places the potted plant in front of my house with nothing but the default Camera app, no retouching, a half-dozen refocus attempts and some luck:

At this point I'm not sure what all the hub-bub is with Instagram. I tried it once long ago and wasn't terribly impressed. I just picked up Camera+, and already have Snapseed (for editing) and 100 Cameras (for filters). Is there something I'm missing with Instagram, given I have absolutely zero interest in social media connectivity?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Dirty sticky plant boners :o:

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Marvel In The Ways We Break Our Children by thisquietreverie, on Flickr

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

I don't know if it's been discussed already in this thread, but there's an iPhone app called 645 Pro that takes high quality photos compared to other camera apps. I've been using it for a week now and it does do a better job more often than not. The Night Mode feature makes taking low light photos much better, too.

Check out this review of it, with comparison images, here.

Here's a photo I snapped a while ago with my iPhone 4 using the stock Camera app and edited a bit with Snapseed:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ooerrr, I've come over all Gustav Klimt :o:

http://www.percolatorapp.com/

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

London Olympic Stadium. by Clwn, on Flickr

I was at a party for the London Olympic 2012 opening ceremony. This was my view.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Free hipsta pak in the hipstamatic app today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 16, 2012