Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Liar Lyre posted:

Anyone know if the upcoming Manos event will use the high quality version found by a goon or the same old cut from before.

Mike Nelson said it was a better print (from a private collector) than the one used on MST3K and Ben backed this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

God, the way the narrator says "Buffalo" in Buffalo Rider makes me giggle every time.

Edit: "Fans of raccoon mistreatment have found their Citizen Kane!"

explosivo fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 28, 2012

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I would like them to give a separate MP3 file for Manos, that way there's the option for using goon release. I'm pretty sure VOD's give you this either way but I don't have a lot of experience buying them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

explosivo posted:

God, the way the narrator says "Buffalo" in Buffalo Rider makes me giggle every time.

"Seen here: Bandit #17."

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Imp Boy posted:

All I know about Prisoners is that the horde of Palpatines bit had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

Yeah, that is gonna be a classic Rifftrax segment. :lol:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

explosivo posted:

Cougar tries to rip Bandit's throat out while simultaneously drowning him in a freezing river = "The adventure of a lifetime"

Also Buffalo Jones killed a porcupine to feed a baby.

Also his name was Buffalo Jones.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

muscles like this? posted:

Goddamn, Prisoners of the Lost Universe is a hilarious riff and an absolutely TERRIBLE movie. Every character is completely unpleasant in every way. The best part of course is the ending where the main characters are able to come back to Earth through a not explained way.

"We can never find the way back. The odds are one in ten million. Wait, there it is."

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Wow, Prisoners was a huge piece of poo poo :psyduck:. Literally even. That fire rock was really just a huge steaming turd. Great Rifftrax though! Still doesn't come close to Buffalo Rider. That movie really is the Citizen Cane of cruelty towards raccoons.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

But does the Master approve?:ohdear:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

But does the Master approve?:ohdear:

He will not! Unless there's going to be women wrestling in their white undergarments.

Imp Boy
Feb 8, 2004
Well, I finally watched Buffalo Rider. What the hell. Seriously, what the hell was that? Did they just throw wild animals at their actors and film the results?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Imp Boy posted:

Well, I finally watched Buffalo Rider. What the hell. Seriously, what the hell was that? Did they just throw wild animals at their actors and film the results?

Pretty much my reaction. And I love how they even screw up the outcome with the villains by killing off the leader first and having the funky the funky that did the least be the one who gets the dramatic death by the "hero".

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
The theater list for Rifftrax Live: "Manos" tHoF has been released!
http://www.fathomevents.com/upcoming/alllocations.aspx?eventid=1095

Now excuse me while I do a happy dance because there are 3 theaters showing it within a 25 mile radius of me! August 16th can't get here soon enough.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Just sell me the god drat tickets already.

SkinnyMan
Mar 2, 2001
I'M
CUTE
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/01/joystiq-presents-rifftrax-versus-final-fantasy-metal-gear-meg/

Ummmm.. Rifftrax doing Video Game riffs now? What?

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

It's just a promo, expanding the brand, if you will. They've done it before.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Reading that Final Fantasy was one of the riffs, I already knew their choice had to be the laughing scene.

Also, "He died from having a really stupid nose."

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

I can dig it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I'm not surprise. I remember them doing one for Gears of War 3 a few months ago.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Piper posted:

The theater list for Rifftrax Live: "Manos" tHoF has been released!
http://www.fathomevents.com/upcoming/alllocations.aspx?eventid=1095

Now excuse me while I do a happy dance because there are 3 theaters showing it within a 25 mile radius of me! August 16th can't get here soon enough.

quote:

Louisiana
AMC AMC Elmwood Palace 20 HARAHAN 70123

Yep, I'm going to this :D

Uhh, weird. Never thought I'd see this. But if they're going to do this, the Metal Gear Solid games, especially 2 and 4, are obvious choices for the guys to riff on.

Armourking
Dec 16, 2004

Step off!
Step off!

So close to something perfect. If only they'd gone with Giant Bomb...

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It makes sense. Video games are getting more cinematic every year, so the gap is always narrowing. And comedic LetsPlays are a thing, so it's entirely new ground.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
After finally watching Galaxy Invader...I....what?

And yes, Joe Montague is possibly the most reprehensible character ever featured on either Rifftrax or MST3k. Malachi from PotLU is just annoying, Joe...I was glad that they through his Resusci-Annie over that cliff.

Mr. Blastaway
Jun 23, 2004

I've rewatched The Magic Christmas Tree that was riffed last December and it has taught me so much. For instance, did you know a meatloaf sandwich is worth more than a bologna sandwich? :eng101:

I also think the brunette teacher from Setting Up A Room is cute. :blush:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
:siren: Tickets for Manos Live are on sale today! :siren:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Where do I go to order tickets?

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
http://www.fathomevents.com/originals/event/rifftrax_manos.aspx?utm_source=RiffTrax&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=RiffTraxManos

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
New VOD today! :dance:

Say hello to Brainiac, one of the finest movie monsters we’ve ever had the pleasure to know! Sure, he looks like the Troll dolls’ creepy uncle who’s no longer invited to family gatherings. Sure, his mask seems to have been hastily assembled out of found garbage and shower-drain hair five minutes before they started shooting the movie. Sure, he sucks brain matter through his ridiculous plastic tongue, then saves it in a fancy dish to be secretly eaten during posh dinner parties where he could easily be caught. Hm, seems like we should put something nice about him here to round this out. Well, he’s a very snappy dresser.

Back in 1661, a Spanish baron in the middle of burning at the stake escaped by hitching a ride on a passing comet, as one does. And now he returns, 300 years later, a shapeshifting monstrosity bent on killing the descendants of those who wronged him, via a series of polite social gatherings (this is the actual plot). Luckily, those who wronged him somehow only have one descendant each, and all the descendants still happen to live in the same town, and also look exactly like the ancestors he knew 300 years ago. What a timesaver for a busy Brainiac on the go!

Join Mike, Kevin, and Bill and let’s all get our pesky thinking parts gobbled up by Brainiac!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
As I open up my wallet for another VOD purchase I can't help but think they should structure their payment plans differently. I'm a huge fan so I buy every VOD and I enjoy them immensely, but I've spent over 130 dollars on rifftrax stuff this year alone. I have limited knowledge on how an internet comedy start-up like this makes money but I wonder if a membership plan (a base yearly payment that makes all VOD's available) would be mutually beneficial to both Rifftrax and their fans.

That said, I watched Prisoners over the weekend and I'll dive right into this VOD tonight. The army of Palpatine's gag and the Kendo Sword jokes had me in stitches.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

The Piper posted:

As I open up my wallet for another VOD purchase I can't help but think they should structure their payment plans differently. I'm a huge fan so I buy every VOD and I enjoy them immensely, but I've spent over 130 dollars on rifftrax stuff this year alone. I have limited knowledge on how an internet comedy start-up like this makes money but I wonder if a membership plan (a base yearly payment that makes all VOD's available) would be mutually beneficial to both Rifftrax and their fans.

A membership plan would actually be pretty awesome, but I've also purchased every VOD to date (including the shorts), so it seems like they have a good thing going already. I'm sure piracy makes doing this way less profitable than it could be. Though I'm really happy to see the site now offers streaming versions of all their shorts/VODs, which has been pretty damned convenient.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I just don't have the time to sync up a DVD and riff anymore so I buy the riffs and download one someone already made. So I have a list of 100 ruffs I never downloaded.

That's also why I love the VOD stuff, so much easier.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I'd love a membership plan because of the shorts. They're really entertaining but it's hard to go through all the bother of logging in, ordering, paying the buck or whatever for a 10 minute long short. So I try to do a bunch at once but I don't always remember. It'd be awesome to just pay however many dollars a month and get the shorts and VODs. Probably be a more steady revenue stream for them, too.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Just a few minutes into The Brainiac and it feels just like an early episode of MST3K.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hooooooooooooly poo poo.

I've seen this movie repeatedly. I can't believe there's a Rifftrax.

Credit card, prepare thyself.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mister Kingdom posted:

Just a few minutes into The Brainiac and it feels just like an early episode of MST3K.

It should, since most of the soundtrack was used in Robot vs. The Aztec Mummy. I also adore the scene that apparently the distributor forgot to loving dub into English.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 3, 2012

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Apologies if this question has been addressed before, but have they started to de-emphasize the MP3s of existing studio movies? The "Latest MP3" the website says they've done was Breaking Dawn part 1. Are they just moving exclusively to VOD stuff now? I love that stuff but their major motion picture Riffs are also amazing, and I'd hate to not get any more of them :ohdear:

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Hewlett posted:

Apologies if this question has been addressed before, but have they started to de-emphasize the MP3s of existing studio movies? The "Latest MP3" the website says they've done was Breaking Dawn part 1. Are they just moving exclusively to VOD stuff now? I love that stuff but their major motion picture Riffs are also amazing, and I'd hate to not get any more of them :ohdear:

They're probably still coasting off the sales of Breaking Dawn until The Avengers comes out on DVD. The Twilight riffs are their best selling stuff by far, followed by the comic book stuff, followed by VOD's and shorts, followed by everything else.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Ha, Mike described Bronies as "chubby little pervs" on Twitter, and has now aroused their wrath.

Mike Nelson posted:

Really?! I make jokes about everything under the sun but the one thing I CAN'T joke about is guys at a cartoon pony kiddie show convention?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hewlett posted:

Apparently the story is that Mike has been sick for a while that's why the output has been so low in the last couple months. I'm guessing they had a couple things unreleased and have just been slowly putting them out in order to give Mike some time to feel better. At least that's what I've read elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
There's also always a drought before a Live show.

• Locked thread