Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

your privilege is showing, GOOGLE :rolleyes:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

GeoreOrwell.jpg

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
"not known for taking themself too seriously"

lmao

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

quote:

Categories

• Natural/biological father – the most common category: child product of man and woman
  • Birth father – the biological father of a child who, due to adoption or parental separation, does not raise the child or cannot take care of one.
  • Surprise father – where the men did not know that there was a child until possibly years afterward
  • Posthumous father – father died before children were born (or even conceived in the case of artificial insemination)
  • Teenage father/youthful father – associated with teenage sexual intercourse
  • Non-parental father – unmarried father whose name does not appear on child's birth certificate: does not have legal responsibility but continues to have financial responsibility (UK)
  • Sperm donor – the natural/biological father of the child but the man does not have legal or financial responsibility if procedure conducted through licensed clinics
  • Baby Daddy – slang term for several of the above categories. Denotes a natural father; implies that he is not married to the natural mother of the child, bears financial responsibility, may or may not imply other parental responsibilities, to includes the absent father (see below).

Non-biological (social and legal relationship between father and child)

• Stepfather – wife or husband has child from previous relationship
  • Father-in-law – the father of one's spouse
  • Adoptive father – a father who has adopted a child
  • Foster father – child is raised by a man who is not the biological or adoptive father usually as part of a couple.
  • Cuckolded father – where the child is the product of the mother's adulterous relationship
  • Social father – where a man takes de facto responsibility for a child, such as caring for one who has been abandoned or orphaned (the child is known as a "child of the family" in English law)
  • Mother's partner – assumption that current partner fills father role
  • Mother's husband – under some jurisdictions (e.g. in Quebec civil law), if the mother is married to another man, the latter will be defined as the father
  • DI Dad – social/legal father of children produced via Donor Insemination (where a donor's sperm were used to impregnate the DI Dad's spouse)

nah
Mar 16, 2009

heh yeah i like to play videos at medium or default difficulty level :smug:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

this user has been married for less than 1 year

the gently caress

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CYBER SLIMER posted:

heh yeah i like to play videos at medium or default difficulty level :smug:

but this user is an expert gamer

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

flakeloaf posted:

this user has been married for less than 1 year

the gently caress
"is not and will never be" is less than 1 year

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i can't wait for the next Avengers movie

quote:

Allegations of sexual assault

Starfox was put on trial for sexual assault, accused of using his powers to seduce a happily married woman. He was defended by lawyer Jennifer Walters, the She-Hulk. The law firm which employed her, Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzberg & Holliway, was contracted by Mentor to defend his son from the allegations. In the course of the trial, Ms. Walters came to suspect that Starfox had used his powers on her during their time in the Avengers, resulting in a brief sexual interaction. By this time, Starfox had been banned from the courtroom after it was determined that he was using his special abilities to influence the witnesses. When Jennifer Walters confronted Starfox with her suspicions via closed-circuit video link, he evaded her questions and then cut the video feed. Walters angrily charged out of the courtroom, transformed into She-Hulk, and caught Starfox as he was attempting to escape from Earth. She-Hulk dealt Starfox a savage beating, giving him no chance to defend his actions, knocked him unconscious, finally duct-taping his mouth shut to ensure that he could not use his abilities to elude punishment. However, Mentor, Starfox's father, effected his son's release by teleporting Starfox away to Titan.

Mentor eventually staged a native Titanian trial in the hopes of clearing his son's name. The Living Tribunal, interested in the equity of the process, called on She-Hulk as prosecuting attorney. Jennifer Walters, in an attempt to get to the bottom of the matter, agreed to a mind probe of both Starfox and herself. She discovered that Starfox did not use his abilities to influence her decision to sleep with him, but that he was deliberately responsible for her sudden infatuation with and marriage to John Jameson. An enraged She-Hulk once more lashed out at Starfox for toying with her life, bringing the legal proceedings to a halt.

Thanos now appeared at the trial, and testified that his brother Starfox inspired his obsession with Death when they were children, when attempting to make young Thanos accept the death of an animal he had involuntarily killed with his enormous strength. By Titanian law Eros would thus take full responsibility for all the genocides Thanos had later committed. In the following issue it was revealed that this was a false memory that Thanos implanted into Starfox's mind, and shared by a Thanos clone which the real Thanos sent. Thanos' implantation of the memory is what caused Starfox to briefly become mentally unbalanced, and use his power in this manner for the first time. Starfox agreed to have Moondragon shut them off completely rather than risk hurting more people.[26]

It is unknown if Starfox is still considered a fugitive from justice by New York State and the federal government.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
comics are the worst

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
well somebody call new york state and the federal government and ask them

or would that count as original research

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

thats a fanfiction right

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

all these comic book heroes were invented in the 40s-60s so anyone writing them today is literally writing fan fiction, it just happens to get published

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

GeoreOrwell.jpg

burn it all

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
is borderline personality disorder really a "deadly" illness?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

for people around you sometimes!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticks_Nix_Hick_Pix

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wikipedia posted:

Using a form of headlinese that the newspaper called slanguage,

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

top middle seems to be telling people not to deal with it

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

$_____$

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

worst_fleshlight_instructions_ever.jpg

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Sweevo posted:

worst_fleshlight_instructions_ever.jpg

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Oh look, it's hella jeff

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

Oh look, it's hella jeff

:sbahj:

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
converse:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidents_at_European_parks

quote:

Turbo Coaster
In December 2002, eight riders were allowed to ride the coaster despite the fact that a 16 ft section of track had been removed for maintenance. The ride operator stopped the train just before it hit the missing section. [8]

:stare:

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

Oh look, it's hella jeff

I also thought this but I didn't know which one was hella jeff and which one was sweet bro

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Oh look, it's hella jeff

that was my first thought too, but thenn $_________$

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:OpenIDvs.Pseudo-AuthenticationusingOAuth.svg

why is there a cursor

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ronald Raiden posted:

I also thought this but I didn't know which one was hella jeff and which one was sweet bro

same

ahahahahaha

yeah, we publish all our vector drawings by screenshot, what of it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

If you want an unsafe amusement park article to :stare: all day at read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Park

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

If you want an unsafe amusement park article to :stare: all day at read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Park

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

:hellyeah:
LOLA cars: These were miniature open-cockpit race cars on a longer track. Extra money was charged to drive them, and they, too, could be adjusted for speed by knowledgeable park employees, with similarly harmful consequences to riders.[13] Fergus said that, after the park management briefly set up a microbrewery nearby, employees looking for after-hours fun would break into it, steal the beer, and then ride the cars on Route 94.[12]

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Six people are known to have died directly or indirectly from rides at Action Park:

On July 8, 1980, a 19-year-old park employee was riding the Alpine Slide when his car jumped the track and his head struck a rock, killing him.[20]

On July 24, 1982, a 15-year-old boy drowned in the Tidal Wave Pool.[20][21]

A week later, on August 1, a 27-year-old man from Long Island got out of his tipped kayak on the Kayak Experience to right it. He was electrocuted when he stepped on a grate that was either in contact with, or came too close to, a section of wiring for the underwater fans that was exposed. Several other members of his family nearby were also injured. He was taken to a hospital in nearby Warwick, New York where he died later of cardiac arrest from the electric shock.[6][20] The park at first disputed that the electric current caused his death, saying there were no burns on his body, but the coroner responded that burns generally do not occur in a water-based electrocution.[6] The ride was drained and closed for the investigation. Accounts differed as to the extent of the exposed wiring: the park said it was "just a nick," while others said it was closer to 8 inches (20 cm). The state's Labor Department found that the fan was properly maintained and installed and cleared the park of wrongdoing; however it also said that the current had the possibility to cause bodily harm under certain circumstances.[20] While the park said it was vindicated, it never reopened the ride, saying that people would be afraid to go on it afterwards.[6]

In 1984, a fatal heart attack suffered by one visitor was unofficially believed to have been triggered by the shock of the cold water in the pool beneath the Tarzan Swing. The water on the Tarzan Swing and in that swimming area was 50-60 °F (10-16 °C) while other water areas were in the 70-80 °F (21-27 °C) range more typical of swimming pools. The Tarzan swing and the cannon ball ride in this area were operated by spring water.[15]

On August 27 of that year, a 20-year-old from Brooklyn drowned in the Tidal Wave Pool.[22]

On July 19, 1987, an 18-year-old drowned in the Tidal Wave Pool.[20]

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

i loving love action park.
it's a pity it was closed.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
i'm working my way through all these accidents

Lightnin' Loops
On June 17, 1987, a 19-year-old girl died after falling from the Lightnin' Loops shuttle loop roller coaster.[19] An investigation by the State Labor Department concluded that the ride itself was operating properly, but that the ride operator started the ride without checking that all of the passengers were securely fastened by the safety harnesses. The Department's Office of Safety Compliance further concluded that the accident would not have occurred if proper procedures had been followed. The park was found to be in violation of the Carnival/Amusement Ride Safety Act and was subsequently charged with the maximum state fines of $1,000.

hey, did you kill this girl? well you're gonna pay for that

one

thoooouuusssaaandd

dolllarrrs

*gasps*

AtomD fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 5, 2012

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
there's a cool place in vermont with an alpine slide and this weird thing where you drive offroad gokarts down a mountain. poo poo's cool

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

AtomD posted:

i'm working my way through all these accidents

Lightnin' Loops
On June 17, 1987, a 19-year-old girl died after falling from the Lightnin' Loops shuttle loop roller coaster.[19] An investigation by the State Labor Department concluded that the ride itself was operating properly, but that the ride operator started the ride without checking that all of the passengers were securely fastened by the safety harnesses. The Department's Office of Safety Compliance further concluded that the accident would not have occurred if proper procedures had been followed. The park was found to be in violation of the Carnival/Amusement Ride Safety Act and was subsequently charged with the maximum state fines of $1,000.

hey, did you kill this girl? well you're gonna pay for that

one

thoooouuusssaaandd

dolllarrrs

*gasps*

ok now imagine that the girl realised before they set off that it wasnt locked in and was trying to signal the operator who then just cheerfully sent her to her death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
i'm so glad they passed a maximum penalty for that

the only time unreasonable jury awards are acceptable. if that happened now they'd be sued into oblivion. I'm surprised they weren't then