Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Flipswitch posted:

Ah that makes sense, I'm guessing there's a balance based element in there too.

Weapon master is hella powerful on a model that can buy attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

:shlick:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Every titan needs 4 huge loving guns on its back. drat that looks cool.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Do Minions have any models that help warlocks manage Fury, or provide control bonuses in the vein of a Squire or Sylys Wyshnalyrr?

It seems like Hordes gets kind of hosed in the Minion/Mercenaries toolkit aspect.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Acceptableloss posted:

LEVEL 7
Tile exploration board game
5-6 minute short film coming out next week
Level 7 demos will be run during Lock & Load

drat, I was really hoping this was going to be sci-fi Warmachine. Maybe it will be someday.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Panzeh posted:

Weapon master is hella powerful on a model that can buy attacks.

Especially if they have Reach, which both Kreoss versions do. Ashlynn has Weaponmaster, for instance, and it's pretty brutal but it would be killer to have a 2" melee on her.

Although Weaponmaster Riposte sure makes people think twice.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Who needs weapon master when your caster is a pow 16 epic epic lich lord :whatup:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

PaintVagrant posted:

Who needs weapon master when your caster is a pow 16 epic epic lich lord :whatup:

gently caress yes.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What is that? I can't tell.

Also, god drat I can't wait to physically get a Gorman model. After tanking 2 Obliterators and surviving them last week, and this week he squeezed out a caster kill he has earned his paintjob.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
I'm honestly a bit disappointed at getting a really big titan as a Gargantuan.

Titans are cool, but it just seems to lack imagination in a faction that is all about hunting down different beasts and using their enslavement technologies to turn them to their purposes.

I'm hoping the 4x cannons solves the problem that Skorne has with infantry that have a DEF of 'can't hit me'.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Cyclomatic posted:

Titans are cool, but it just seems to lack imagination in a faction that is all about hunting down different beasts and using their enslavement technologies to turn them to their purposes.

I agree, would have been nice to see some other creature from out in the wastes.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

Kumo posted:

Do Minions have any models that help warlocks manage Fury, or provide control bonuses in the vein of a Squire or Sylys Wyshnalyrr?

It seems like Hordes gets kind of hosed in the Minion/Mercenaries toolkit aspect.

Targ does, but he's Farrow only.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Signal posted:

I agree, would have been nice to see some other creature from out in the wastes.

I would agree, but considering the Gargantuans for the other factions are also just larger versions of their heavies, it's to be expected. Maybe if the first wave does well, we'll see a second wave with more unique concepts.

Because I want my loving Skorne tyrannosaurus.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
Also, Lylyth3

These Gargantuans previews really makes me want to start playing Legion.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Paper Kaiju posted:

Also, Lylyth3

These Gargantuans previews really makes me want to start playing Legion.

Haha, I am in the process of priming Typhon, 2x Scythean, 2x Ravagore, 1x Carnivean, 1x Seraph, 2x Angelius, 2x Bolt Thrower, 1x Raek, 6x Shredders, 4x Harriers, 2x Stingers, and Thagrosh1.

Mostly inspired by all these new previews.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Cyclomatic posted:

I'm hoping the 4x cannons solves the problem that Skorne has with infantry that have a DEF of 'can't hit me'.

Really? Because I love it! Look at him-- he looks like a proto-Titan, like a wild ancestor. He has a head crest, a tail, and a humped back. Like a primeval throwback.
I love that he has some guns, but apparently all the Gargantuans have some kind of ranged attack. I wonder what the Mountain King's will be? I mean, the Wold shoots lightning, the Archangel breathes fire, the Mammoth's quite obviously got a cannon battery, but the King does... what exactly, toss whelps at people?

I was dreading getting another four-legged howdah-toter as our Gargantuan and I'm super thrilled that we're not. I also love running Titan herds so this guy will just be the icing on the cake.

EDIT: Also, Lylyth3 is confirmed as being a Battle Engine Warlock. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I love that he has some guns, but apparently all the Gargantuans have some kind of ranged attack. I wonder what the Mountain King's will be? I mean, the Wold shoots lightning, the Archangel breathes fire, the Mammoth's quite obviously got a cannon battery, but the King does... what exactly, toss whelps at people?

He could stamp around and make earthquakes and stuff. Actually, there's tons of potential for Crevasse-style sprays and Thunderhead-style pulses and Stormwall-style linear attacks.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Makeda3, in all her blurry glory. I'm digging those Exalted Guardians in the back; they look like they'll be small-based models.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
drat YOU, PRIVATEER PRESS! YOU ARE MAKING ME WANT TO PLAY EVERY HORDES FACTION!

Seriously, WM/H creative and marketing teams are doing an amazing job of creating excitement.

At L&L, they have really been saying "Sorry, this book is a little light in the loafers, BUT LOOK AT ALL THIS AMAZING poo poo WE HAVE COMING!"

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
Makeda3, will you marry me?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
So much for Makeda3 being a dead awesome statue-thing.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I wonder what the story is with her having a giant 2h weapon as opposed to 2 1h weapons.

Maybe she'll have reach, which would be awesome. All the construct poo poo for Skorne looks so awesome, I'm gonna have to buy a Zaal list with Immortals in it at some point, and spend lots of money on units I'll never run

But look loving awesome.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Also: Grats IRSMRT on the Tiers victory. Making Ret look good.

Chenghiz
Feb 14, 2007

WHITE WHALE
HOLY GRAIL

Korwen posted:

Also: Grats IRSMRT on the Tiers victory. Making Ret look good.

Came here to post this. Awesome!

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

PaintVagrant posted:

Or a POW 16 auto S&Ped Brutal Charge Reach Exemplar.

:smug:

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Sulecrist posted:

He could stamp around and make earthquakes and stuff. Actually, there's tons of potential for Crevasse-style sprays and Thunderhead-style pulses and Stormwall-style linear attacks.

Looks like it's a range 10 POW 16 spray for the King, that's pretty good I say. Looking forward to wreck fools with him and Edoomy, riding Primal Shock to victory.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Mountain King animus boosts special attack rolls. So, it seems it would be pretty awesome for Axer's Thresher. Slams, tramples, throws, are all by definition special attacks, right?

I don't yet know if its worth 20 pts, but it will generate a LOT of whelps.

https://www.breakingtheformat.com/the-mountain-king/

Edit: the more I think about it, the more I am justifying 20 pts. eGrissel's feat making it hyperagressive would be amazing.
There are also lots of tricks you can do with whelps, including blocking pulls, messing with charge lanes, and poo poo.

I am slowly digesting this guys abilities.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 3, 2012

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Only 5 Fury. Interesting. I wonder if they'll all have 5? Wolds are supposed to be sort of low.

EDIT: And Threshold 6, jeepers.

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.
Holy poo poo that is cool. I guess he'll be making some whelps.

On a tangentially related note: What is the best possible 15pt Borka list? I'm trying to make one for a friends who's interested in starting a small trollbloods force.

I came up with this:

Borka
Mauler
Axer
Min Fennblades

I figure those are pretty all models that will get some mileage with other casters as well. I'm thinking the plastic Mauler kit could be magnetized to be a Bomber as well. Any better options out there? I don't know a lot about trolls.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

dexefiend posted:

Mountain King animus boosts special attack rolls. So, it seems it would be pretty awesome for Axer's Thresher. Slams, tramples, throws, are all by definition special attacks, right?

Uhm, so are power attacks. Use the animus on himself and sweep!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Problem: no movement outside of normal. No Hyper Aggressive, no Goad, no Overtake, no Refuge, no Dodge.

I think he should be MAT 6 and 19 points but I see the appeal. If you don't kill him in one round, he just spawned a shitload of whelps, eats them all and heals 20 points. Then he Amuck Sweeps your infantry and heals another 10-12 off Snacking. Then he Kill Shots his silly roar.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Problem: no movement outside of normal. No Hyper Aggressive, no Goad, no Overtake, no Refuge, no Dodge.

I think he should be MAT 6 and 19 points but I see the appeal. If you don't kill him in one round, he just spawned a shitload of whelps, eats them all and heals 20 points. Then he Amuck Sweeps your infantry and heals another 10-12 off Snacking. Then he Kill Shots his silly roar.

Well he's probably gonna be rocking at least 1 ARM buff all the time, so

S.J. fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 4, 2012

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Holy poo poo, Galleon!

The legs look a little dorky, but probably workable. Dude looks baller, gonna wreck all these faction colossals with my wicked trident!

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Ashcans posted:

Holy poo poo, Galleon!

The legs look a little dorky, but probably workable. Dude looks baller, gonna wreck all these faction colossals with my wicked trident!

God I love the winch on the Harpoon and I love the Crane arm. Tons of character in that model.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Ashcans posted:

Holy poo poo, Galleon!

Baller as gently caress

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.

Ashcans posted:

Holy poo poo, Galleon!

That is the best looking colossal so far. The Menoth one is the only one I haven't actually seen, but I like this much better than either the Stormwall or Conquest.

Oh well, there goes that $100.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Man, its a pretty loving sweet time to be a PP fanboy.

I got my second proxy game in today with new casters. n3mo vs Gaspy3

My list:

Gaspy3 + Vociferon
Harrower
Cankerworm
Nightwretch
Reaper
Full Banes + UA
Full Bloodgorgers
Gerlak
2 x WWS
Saxon

his list

N3mo + the little lady
Stormclad
Thunderhead
Lancer
Storm Strider
Full Stormblades + UA
2 stormsmiths
Lightning gun artillery thingie
Arlan Strangeways

Played incursion, of course middle flag disapears because thats what it does. He went first, and on his turn 2 he feats, and thunderhead takes my reaper down to 1 and does about half my cankerworms damage.

He also clears out half of my gorgers and a couple of banes. Hes still not really in any of my threat ranges yet, so Im going to have to eat this for another turn.

I move up most stuff. Harrower ghost shots the attachment girl through a forest. Reaper kills a stormsmith with its harpoon, the one box it had left. Canker whiffs on thunderhead. Banes and Gorgers /chargerun to engage with a few guys, leave the rest about 5+" back.

He takes his turn, kills canker and reaper with thunderhead. Stormclad kills a gorger or two, hanging about 6" from right flag. At this point gaspy has 3 extra souls for next turn from the feat. Stormblades move up and shoot my banes, killing a handful, and the lightning tower thingy kills something. A bunch more of my gorgers die, including gerlak, leaving me with 2 left.

My turn, my army is disapearing and all Ive killed is a couple stormsmiths. Time to rock. Gaspy has 10 focus this turn, puts up mobility and charges the thunderhead, touching the flag. With scything touch, hitting at pow 18's, he shreds it. Now hes got a nice wreck marker to hide in too. Gorgers derdle around, one kills arlan and puts a couple of points on the lancer. Other side of the tabel, banes charge the stormblades, killing 4 and almost clearing the zone. Vociferon collects 3 souls, but critically is still out of gaspys control, who is like 20" away on the other flag. I really want that point, and get greedy, trying to charge my harrower into the stormblades. I get 1, but fall about 1/8" short of hte one I needed to clear to get the zone. Should have shot him. Ugh. So I score 1.

He goes, kills about half of my remaining banes with electroleaps. N3mo's ability to ignore his own dudes on electroleaps is BULLSHIT! Stormblade kills 1 of my last 2 gorgers. Electroleaps almost kill my nightwretch, almost kill saxon, and almost kills vociferon. Gaspy gets engaged by the lancer, stopping me from scoring that zone. So no points scored.

My turn. I clear the right flag with the last few banes killing a couple stormblades. Saxon charges and kills 1. Vociferon runs across the table laterally so gaspy might get that 3 focus next turn. Gaspy upkeeps scything touch and does a number on the lancer, killing it with 2 focus left. I score 2, win game.

Really good game, had he put the stormclad in the right zone I would have been pretty screwed! N3mo is scary. My entire army was tough and he still shredded it with electroleaps. Gabe also cant roll anything less than a 4 on chain lightnings too, that bastard. I won this game due to gaspy being a monster in melee and having such a good camp/healing on his feat that Gabe felt the assassination was a bad idea.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Your buddy was a point over on that list. Did he have 2 stormsmiths or one?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I dunno, its approximated and based on my memory. He also made the list "by hand" so he might have went over a point on accident. He def had 2 stormsmiths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Cool, it's not a big deal (obviously) just figured I'd ask. Can't wait to get N3mo.

• Locked thread