Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

This is a Buster. He has a ball and is happy.

This is a Bentley. He has a sweater and is happy. (Although my brother, for Bently is, technically, his dog, does not aprove of dogs in clothes. I buy Bentley a new sweater every Christmas.)

Buster and Bentley have practised pulling this face to perfection.

This is a Rossi. He says that he didn't do anything and totally found the garden like that.

This is a Turbo.

Turbo has been with the family for over 50 years after my granddad found him walking down the street. We have no idea how old he is but...

He is still feisty enough to chase a Buster around the garden. And I do mean chase!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
Omg, Buster looks just like my mom's dog, Shawney.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
This is my pretty cat with asthma named Puff he is a pretty cool cat.

This is my new kitten named Jinx. We think he a chechen terrorists. Dog is named Stuff and is pretty chill.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Appa

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
Shawney and Buster (dogs two/three posts up) look a lot like my buddy Copper.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Then:

Now:

These two furballs are Tucker, and Josie.

Tucker is a very large orange tabby, and Josie is a black tortoiseshell mutt. I got Tucker originally from an abusive owner, when he was just 4 months old. :) He turned out to be a real kick in the shorts, because he's very affectionate, and smart. Josie (Originally CJ) I got from the humane society. Josie was cramped up in a cage, and her fur was quite waxy, and she had digestion/trust issues. I've never had a cat be as violent as she was when I first got her, but she now has warmed up enugh to cuddle under the sheets, and nip softly when she is content.

low quality jpeg
Mar 10, 2012

dis my dog gabe

toy american eskimo

Kaldadar
May 24, 2012
Kaya
Rhodesian Ridgeback

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mocha Frost
May 1, 2006
Does it make me a bad person that I let a wet kitty run around a bit before scooping her up into a burrito? I love this picture so much.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Smudgie Buggler posted:

This is my stupid loving dog.

His name is Siegfried, or Dog.

Interests include:

-Lying around in compromising positions
-Making eyes at me as if he wants something then turning down whatever he's offered like an idiot
-Melting
-Having a wet loving mouth
-Looking perpetually sleepy
-Wiping his wet loving mouth all over my nice clothes when I'm about to go out
-Pestering me for a walk then getting really tired and wanting to go home after like five minutes
-Laying in the dirt then dragging several bags full of garden with him when he comes inside
-Having a smelly arsehole that projects from like eight goddamn rooms away and he's always laying in front of a fan too
-Eating his dinner then having a poo poo before going to his toy pile and squeaking the same drat rubber ball that he's never interested in otherwise EVERY loving TIME WITHOUT FAIL IN THIS ORDER
-Sitting just outside my window staring at me for god knows how long before I notice even though he could come inside at any time you creepy loving animal

I love my dog.

I love Newfoundlands, had a couple of 'puppies' (if you can call them that) come up to me the other day whilst walking my dog and they dwarfed my Belgian/German shepherd:

Is yours a cross? Can't really tell from the pics.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
^^^ Your dog is a mix of my two favorite breeds please tell me more and post more pictures. :allears:

Here's a newer one of Shadow, in all his butt-high, wonky-eared glory.

Skizzles fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 28, 2012

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
He is dumb as a post and only interested in his ball, he's also a total wuss considering his size :D

So graceful (yeah right, he faceplanted about 0.5 seconds after that photo).

Raikiri fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 28, 2012

Zerouac
Sep 15, 2004

ARF
Grimey Drawer
Just adopted these two - went to see the calico and could not leave the little grey boy behind!

I pick them up on Tuesday - so excited :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Raikiri posted:

I love Newfoundlands, had a couple of 'puppies' (if you can call them that) come up to me the other day whilst walking my dog and they dwarfed my Belgian/German shepherd:

Is yours a cross? Can't really tell from the pics.
Your post almost made me tear up. It reminded me of my own Newfie mix (he might even be the same as yours, I don't really know), and he was the sweetest thing ever.

Obviously very old pictures, but I still remember him vividly. :unsmith:

Comrade Cakewalk
Nov 4, 2006
Win a cake for the motherland.
Traded my old cat for a new one.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Raikiri posted:

He is dumb as a post and only interested in his ball, he's also a total wuss considering his size :D

So graceful (yeah right, he faceplanted about 0.5 seconds after that photo).

An endless field to run in and a ball to chase? That must be what doggy heaven is like. :3:

I don't have any pictures of my dog anymore. So here is one of the same breed. He was really dumb but so sweet.

I miss him.

deoju fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 28, 2012

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
We got this guy as a puppy when I was maybe three. Mutt of mutts, nobody knew then or now what the hell he was.

He died a year after I finished high school. Saddest day of my life :[

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
Dexter got thirsty!

Dexter likes to help me drive!

Now, Dexter wants to drive himself.

Now, Dexter is all tired out.

And, finally, Chief says Hi!

Bomb-Bunny
Mar 4, 2007
A true population explosion.

Here's a lovely camera phone shot of my family cat Lucy, she's only just been adopted in this one, we'd have had her all of about a week. We've had her about 18 months now :)

Apologies for the poor quality. She's an 'ourdoor cat' according to my mum, and she's only recently developed a taste for indoor living (mostly under my armchair near the floor duct). She also loves sitting in, on, and near dark furniture/surfaces, so she's perenially seen as a pair of staring eyes, so there are very few photos of her full-grown.

There are, unfortunately, no decent photos of our other cat Freya, mostly because she was born to a stray mother in our front garden and then domesticated by us, and she's still jumpy and quite hyper.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dexter that is rude. :mad: Even your sister Lulu is rolling her eyes at how childish you are!

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
A newish one of Diaz with this badass new legs I got that I have neglected to use...must rectify that.

Ginny
Sep 29, 2007
3,2,1 Let's Jam!
My cat is such a Queen, or at least we treat her like one!

Her name is Kai, she's a Siamese :) I love the fact that she's eight but she still has a really young looking face. I'll post some more photos if anyone asks!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I won a contest to get my cat on a bottle of beer. So proud!

SAinDenmark
Jan 19, 2007

The Red Army's conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Meet Diesel!
He was a stray when the shelter found him. They put him at about 9 years old and they think he is a German Shepard and Black Lab mix. My vet said he might have a bit of Husky in him with how much he likes to talk. I've had him for a little over a month and he has been a great dog other than marking his territory on my room mate's lawn chair.

calranthe
Jul 2, 2009
How do you quantify friendship? what really makes a friend not really easy to answer.

When my wife became ill we both realized we needed some focus in the house other than one another, only so much time you can spend in a room together without going crazy, I have always had dogs in my life and not to do a disservice to them but UGO was special, we decided to go visit the local dog shelter, we went actually looking for a female 1-2 years old but after walking the kennels for a hour I saw him and just knew.

I cannot explain it any other way I just knew this dog was for me, he was sitting quietly at the back of the kennel just looking at us, made no move just a big black puppy sitting watching.

He had no training and had been left in a box outside the shelter, a Rhodesian ridgeback cross nine weeks old, I put paper down on the first night expecting a mess and he just looked at me as if I had insulted him so we went for our first of over ten thousand walks together.

After a couple of weeks we realized something was wrong with his legs, found a good vet and had him checked out, really bad hip displacia no real way of fixing it but a new operation was available where they de-nerve the back legs, the idea being if he walks normally without pain his muscles will keep him going, so about $4000 spent and a life span shortened to maximum of seven years.

Every morning he woke me up around 6AM and while the computers booted up I would sit on the sofa and play with him, no garden living in a bungalow but a big field outside the house for our 3-4 walks a day the last usually around midnight, a regret was due to his back legs being off the lead was out but an extendable lead gave him some freedom.

A year ago he developed diabetes so morning and night injections became part of the regime, a month ago we had a scare because he had a seizure he came back from it okay we made sure that we were not putting any kind of stress or pain on him.

Last week he changed not in a bad way but he became very affectionate spending every waking minute with me or Paola, not fear or nervousness it may sound crazy but it seemed like he knew it was time and wanted us to have the good memories and when the time came do what needed to be done.

Friday night he got on our bed and came up to lick my ears he had not had the ability to get on that bed for two years and just looked at me in a way that was so perceptive.

Saturday my wifes birthday from the moment I woke up he kept giving me a love getting up on the back of my chair while I was on the pc and nuzzling my neck.

We went to my mums and had a meal to celebrate Paola's birthday, he was not even really interested in food he just spent the day giving everyone loves and when we all went back to our place to watch a film he started playing with the tongue of my trainers I was wearing and sticking his head up my trousers, something he had not done in years, he then just looked at me and lay down then started to have a seizure he never fully came back out of it and I held him in my arms in the car and at the vets while I did the only thing I could for him.

Goodbye my friend

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
My new bunny, Dame Harriet Hoppington! (My roomate put the controller there just before teh photo. After, it was safely tucked away again)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 4, 2012

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Nikita being bad:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Bad? She doesn't look like she's being bad.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
This is Curie. She's a purebred Birman and is the cutest cat I've ever had. She lets me carry her around with one arm like a football.

:3:

Aggro fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 6, 2012

tabkatta
Feb 2, 2006

Is there a rest stop between you and the end of this post?
n/m

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Aramek posted:

Bad? She doesn't look like she's being bad.

Well, she's also being extremely comfortable and a bit clever because she finally figured out what pillows are for. Either way it is difficult to use a bed when it gets infested with huskyballs!

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

There are puppy pictures on this laptop.

This was before we had even chosen a name for Sigma.

Delta still sleeps in this position, but always up against walls or the sliding glass door.

:3: So tiny!

Delta last summer. I always call her "crazy froglegs" when she lays like this.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

This is my pet for the week:

Olive belongs to a co-worker who is going on vacation. She is obsessed with the bathtub.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

My photographer friend took this picture of my cat Nuala, who I've posted here before as a kitten.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
WARNING: Image dumping ahead.

I just adopted this precious girl today from our local shelter. She is 2-3 years old and was a stray. When they found her she had ear mites, her hair was all matted, and she was extremely scraggly, but she is the sweetest kitty ever. I felt an immediate love bond with her and even had a dream that I adopted her. I thought it over for a bit and decided she had to come home with me.

My boyfriend and I frequent the shelter because we love animals, but we weren't looking to adopt. We like sitting in the cat condos and walking dogs just for fun. If anything, we would have adopted a dog. I already own a 14 year old male cat that I've owned since he was a kitten, and I never thought I would get another cat while he was still alive, let alone a female long hair. BUT I LOVE HER.

She is affectionate, patient, calm, and not shy at all. We will be doing a very slow introduction for the two cats. We'll be keeping her isolated in a room with her food, litter box, hiding space, and a nice sunny window ledge for a few weeks until my current cat gets used to the idea of having a pal. We'll slowly introduce her smells to our cat, and eventually find some kind of screen so that the two of them can see each other but not touch.

So far my boy hasn't reacted negatively at all to her scent. He sniffed around her carrier, sniffed my clothes, and went on like he normally does. I think he knows what's up but he's being very good about it.

Too much talk and not enough pictures!

First time being groomed. I swear by the brush called The Furminator, expensive but completely worth it. She absolutely loved it. So much hair from such a small kitty! Some more dematting had to be done as well and there's still some mats on her butt, but we got a lot done.

Just because the bottle says it's waterless shampoo doesn't mean she won't get wet. We did just her head and shoulders and will save the rest for later. She has kind of a thick oil on her coat, probably from never ever being brushed and being handled on a daily basis at the shelter.

Looking philosophical.

Such a pretty girl. She has seven toes on each of her front feet and one extra toe on each back foot.

Loves the scratches.

Edit: I came up with a name for her today. I had so many names that I liked but didn't really fit. She has some dog-like traits such as wagging her tail when she's happy, stomping her back foot when you scratch her head, and she greets and loves everyone the second they come through the door. I decided to call her Pikkukoira (Finnish for little dog). Stuck a title on the end as all my pets have titles, and she is Pikkukoira Koivunen the Soothsayer. Or you can call her Pikku (PEE-koo) for short as she is also a small girl.

(My rats were named Reginald the Merciless and Vladimir the Executioner, the tough and buff Russians, and my lizard is Arthur Coddington III Comptroller General, he is a proper English gentleman.)

My old boy cat hissed once at my hand after playing with her but is now able to sniff my hand with no problem. Tomorrow I will bring out the towel I groomed her on and some tufts of her hair to place around the house.

Koivunen fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 11, 2012

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
:unsmith:

Koivunen posted:

Loves the scratches.

I love this cat. Her whiskers are amazing :3: I also love her coat and coloring. Such a lovely girl.

Riley what are you doing

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
My dog spends the week at work with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D_qECWQV5w

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

I have animals to contribute! First one is Eve. She's about nine months old.

And Lila, who we got as Eve's friend, but they don't get along. She is anywhere from 2-4.

They're both stupid, but they're my stupids.

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

This is Angel. The cats decided they wanted to knock various items off of the counter. She prevailed with a nice sweet bag of confectioners sugar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Meet Brynn, Lewis and Riley. Brynn is all Border Collie as far as I can tell. Lewis is some kind of Border collie/shepherd mutt. Riley is a Maltese Silky terrier. Their powers combine form DOG FORCE 3!

Painful Dart Bomb fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 13, 2012

• Locked thread