Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

xzzy posted:

Around me, free skate is much quieter on Mondays and Tuesdays. Fridays are full of little kids regardless of what time of year it is.

I frequently get the whole sheet to myself on Monday.

That may not be a bad idea, but I may try to find some stick times that aren't at ridiculous hours. I suspect that with summer and school being out that the public skates are just going to be awful for a while and honestly, I'd rather go somewhere where I can skate in my pads and feel a little more comfortable.

We did a lot of hip and groin exercises at physical therapy today. I think it was the first time we did groin specific exercises and those were pretty tough. There was one exercise where I wore ankle weights, kept my leg straight, and bent/pronated my foot out to the side. I had to do 3 sets of 20 for each leg and that was definitely tough.

Part of the therapy that they do is massage my MCL to break down/prevent scar tissue from forming, since the scar tissue is the major source of lingering pain from this type of injury. Normally that part of the treatment isn't too bad and at worst is mildly uncomfortable, but today I had a therapist with much stronger hands massage my knee, which was a lot more painful than I expected. It seems like it was effective, but it made foam rollers and the electrode therapy seem pleasant. I still wonder what the electrotherapy how effective the electrotherapy is, but I just defer to their experience on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

ManicJason posted:

It's good to hear that my three or four yearly hissy fits are par for the course.

In other news, I lost my spot on my A league team. Not at all a surprise, but doesn't feel great. Hopefully I can keep the B spot. I think my 35+ team is dissolving.

That sucks to hear, but some teams can be pretty fickle when it comes to goalies. Hopefully it was still a positive experience for you.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
Yeah, I just wish my game didn't totally go to poo poo trying to overcompensate for the higher level and play through an injury this month.

Before they found the new goalie, the league director very open-endedly asked how I felt about the A league. I told him that I was still having fun but was pretty obviously over my head. I told him to give any goalie that actually belongs in the A league my spot.

It will probably be good to cut back down to two games a week and have some time for low stress pickups and clinics. Playing with three losing teams and nothing else was not helping my confidence.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Aniki posted:

What were they doing?

My team let the other guys get really close on stuff, and since its ball hockey can pretty much lift it up over my shoulder. Had a series or two with 5 or so rebounds before I finally just was worked out of position and couldn't make a save.

There were times where my team would just let the other team tic tac pass across the crease 3 times in a row so that I was completely out of position.

This was the angriest I'd ever been at my team after a loss. After the last goal I pretty much destroyed my stick and after the game finished the job of snapping it in half and throwing it in the garbage (wasn't all that expensive a stick).

On one hand I'm kind of ashamed at the rage, but on the other hand, I'm definitely not playing for that team again.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Sometimes you just need to rage, its a good sign that you give a drat. I'll do the storm out after games if they're bad enough, I HATE when you're the only one putting out any effort and the end score is an embarrassment that people just reflect on you.

Manic just be sure to make it your goal to get back up to that level. You're making a good call in not keeping there if its not helping. Getting too stretched out or gremlins in your head making you think you need to cheat certain shots is detrimental to your game.

I finished the vid of my 2nd skate of my 2 3v3 skates. MUCH shorter because I got just dominated thanks to nonstop cramps as soon as I touch the ice. You can see I'm much more lax in my stance/recovery. Either way a career highlight save @ 1:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUI_saF4Jk8

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
After ten days of laying on my couch and letting my body mend my knees finally feel well enough to get back to exercising.

While it was difficult I was able to get through my normal stationary bike routine today. It's amazing how getting back to something as simple as pedaling a bike, can make you feel ten times better.

Going to take this slow as I don't feel like injuring myself again. Let this be a reminder to me and you all, Sharp pain = bad. Stop that.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Martytoof posted:

I'm going to guess it was more what they were NOT doing :haw:

It happens once or twice a year, where I'm a total pout after a game. I'll skate off the ice after the game and just give everyone the silent treatment while scowling and throwing my poo poo into my bag like a tremendous baby.

I always feel like a douche, but sometimes it just can't be helped.

This was me a few weeks ago when we lost the championship game 7-0 with defensive failures everywhere (lots of breakaways, 2-on-1s, garbage goals off the third or fourth rebound, etc). I had to get out when someone remarked, "Well, it wasn't your best game."

Last night I got back on the ice for the first time in a few weeks and it felt good even though I ended up losing 4-3 in a shootout. It took 14 shooters to decide the game. I had a couple of amazing saves on backside pushes and one I'm not sure how my groin isn't killing me today. The best moment was when the opposing goalie went nuts and started to hook one of my players into himself and then just flopped and got called for diving.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Bradf0rd posted:

This was me a few weeks ago when we lost the championship game 7-0 with defensive failures everywhere (lots of breakaways, 2-on-1s, garbage goals off the third or fourth rebound, etc). I had to get out when someone remarked, "Well, it wasn't your best game."

We've got a guy on the team that likes to heckle me (in a completely friendly way), and often I'll play along. But sometimes the dude just doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. Like if I'm looking surly after a game, that might not be the best time to say "so should have put in the shooter tutor instead, huh?"

I've come close to telling him that he can just use the loving shooter tutor every week from now on, but I'm glad I never have because it's always just a reactionary thing and I'm fine an hour or two later. Like seriously I'll go form "gently caress this poo poo I'm never playing goal again" to "man that sucked but hey I'd still rather have a lovely game out there than sit at home doing nothing any day of the week" really quickly.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Martytoof posted:

Yeah that's fine. I've been sitting at home far too long waiting for my knee to feel like it's not poo poo, but it's not going to happen so whatever, I'll go play.

Man it's going to be rough though. Other than … two weeks ago, I haven't played since like Feb. Or don't you have my number? Just text me.

I don't actually, but you can email it to me at gently caress OFF CREEPS and we'll figure something out. I guarantee I'll be worse though. I haven't played since November when I was living in Montreal!

Paulocaust fucked around with this message at 07:27 on May 27, 2012

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Cool, got it so you can edit out your email. We'll touch base.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I went to the skill session tonight. Skating is starting to feel better, I did pretty well during movement drills, and I faced my first shots since March. It was a bit annoying since I was expecting people to fire shots from the blue line, but then every rear end in a top hat decided it was a good idea to walk in as slowly as possible. I did eventually start to get comfortable and I started making some saves and even going down into half butterflies. I participated in some of the drills and without thinking, I butterflied on a couple shots. It was a little uncomfortable at first, but I started feeling more confident as the drill wore on. They did an early scrimmage and I played for 10 minutes. I made about 8-10 saves and let in no goals during that stretch. I butterflied a few more times during that stretch, sometimes it felt fine, sometimes it felt a bit uncomfortable. I decided to quit while I was ahead, but it was good to get out there, have some success, and as far as I can tell not aggravate my injury. It felt good to face shots and make saves again.

My skates are starting to break in a little more and feel more comfortable. I really like the heel lock, which as its name implies keeps your heel securely in place.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
After a long rest on my couch, my knee decided it was going to stop rebelling from me and allow me to get back to my work out routine.

Spent a few days, working it back in and had my first return to the dek after a long, boring 14+ days. One of my other teammates filled in for me in net and did a great job keeping the guys in it.

I plop my big rear end in the crease and get my brain in dog mode. Knee felt great and the other team came out shooting. Four quick shots in under minute made me feel like a tutor shooter as they went low left, then right. High left then right and I got them all. This seemed to incense my team, who proceeded to play the entire rest of the game in our opponents end. Final score 7-0, realistically it could have been twice that.

Fastest I've ever gotten a shut out with a team before, two "seasons".

It was also a monsoon for the first two periods. It's interesting playing in rain, when you can barely make out the opposite net.

(Making my intentions honest here, below is a playful gibe.)

Bet you lousy Ice boys never had to deal with rain, lightning and thunder before! :D

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 31, 2012

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
I think it's time to take a break from hockey. Every single game is a mentally-exhausting loss. I lost my spot on the highest level team last week. Tonight for the B team I had a six goal second period. After the sixth goal, a shot off the corner of the posts and in through a partial screen, a teammate skated by and said to calm down (?).

I was skating to the bench before the third and caught a teammate imitating a sloppy save I had just made and other teammates laughing. (The save in question was a trap between my knees where a teammate yelled FEET FEET as I had it covered. Not knowing what the hell he was trying to say to a goalie in a butterfly, I flopped over backwards and snow angeled to freeze it.) I turned and went straight to the other goal.

I let in one more goal soon after. A ref was skating up from the corner behind me and bending over to pick up the puck as I fired it back to center ice in frustration. I hit him in the jaw with the follow-through and cut his lip open. On the way out of the awkwardly quiet locker room someone called me Chris (hint: my user name).

I'm not sure how to tell the team captain to go ahead and find another goalie for next season if he wasn't already without sounding like an emo bitch. I guess it helps that he was the one making fun of me on the bench. He's probably already looking.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ManicJason posted:

I'm not sure how to tell the team captain to go ahead and find another goalie for next season if he wasn't already without sounding like an emo bitch. I guess it helps that he was the one making fun of me on the bench. He's probably already looking.

Bull, loving, poo poo and you know it.

Think of it this way, whether he is or he isn't going to can your rear end; How do you want to go out?

Whimpering at him that you'll do them a favor bye leaving or staying in net and going down fighting.

Which is a better way to quit.

The first one or looking him in the eye after winning a game that "matters" and saying; "Good game, find a new goalie."

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
Don't get down on yourself. Just worry about the next shot and if you have a bad stretch, mentally reset the score to 0 and just start over and keep going. It can be frustrating as hell getting shelled, but remember that hockey is a team and your team is responsible for the scoring chances they gave up not you. Like VendaGoat said, if you're going to go down, then go down fighting and at least that way you know that you gave everything you had.

I'm not sure what sort of coaching is available in Las Vegas, but try getting a lesson or two or even fill in for a learn to skate or skills clinic and just get some extra ice time where there is no pressure.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

I hear there's gonna be cake!
gently caress them, tank every game so they miss the playoffs.

Hazed_Red
Nov 5, 2003

Would you like to pet my evil monkey?
So it looks like my torn labrum may have just been a red herring all along. It appears that my pain and loss of range of motion has been due to an injured pectineus in my left hip. It fits all the symptoms and it's deep in the hip, so it explains why it felt like joint pain (and after the MRI, why it was diagnosed that way). I was using this little toy to play, "point where it hurts" when I figured this out. I mentioned it to my PT doctor, and he investigated by shoving his thumb in there while manipulating the joint. loving ow, yes that hurts. So now he's been doing some absolutely brutal deep tissue massage in there and the symptoms are declining even more rapidly than before. Combine that with the fact that all this PT training has gotten my glutes and legs substantially stronger, and I'm going to get through this and come back better than before, for sure this time.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Hazed_Red posted:

So it looks like my torn labrum may have just been a red herring all along. It appears that my pain and loss of range of motion has been due to an injured pectineus in my left hip. It fits all the symptoms and it's deep in the hip, so it explains why it felt like joint pain (and after the MRI, why it was diagnosed that way). I was using this little toy to play, "point where it hurts" when I figured this out. I mentioned it to my PT doctor, and he investigated by shoving his thumb in there while manipulating the joint. loving ow, yes that hurts. So now he's been doing some absolutely brutal deep tissue massage in there and the symptoms are declining even more rapidly than before. Combine that with the fact that all this PT training has gotten my glutes and legs substantially stronger, and I'm going to get through this and come back better than before, for sure this time.

That's great news! Physical Therapy is a great experience, it can be tough at times, but I definitely feel like all of the weird exercises that I've been doing are making me stronger. I'd even go as far as saying that even if you aren't hurt, it's worthwhile to meet with a Phsyical Therapist or Personal Trainer to learn all of the different exercies that you can do to help prevent hip and knee injuries. A lot of those leg raise and band exercises seem silly, but they really help and are a lot harder than they look.

I'm going to talk to my Physical Therapist about what sort of warmup/stretching regimen I should do before games

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvCJNagwcP8&hd=1

Clip of my game from last night, won against our big rivals in the league to get to the championship game next week. Stupidly couldn't get the GoPro working in the 1st but felt like I had a pretty decent game, their star player had a couple chances on my door-step that I stoned him on that more than once ended up having us go the other way and get a goal.

Of course around the 1:15 mark he got a chance after my D-man missed a clearing attempt and beat me gloveside. I felt kind of bad cause it was sorta late in the 3rd and they were now only down 2, until I looked up and saw he was getting a 10-min game misconduct because apparently he started yelling "gently caress yeah bitches, that's how you fuckin do it you assholes" and made a jerking-off motion (which you can kind of see as he's skating away) and the refs weren't having that at all.

After that they had one or two more chances to get a goal but the D played decent and I kept my angles good so now it's onto my 3rd championship in a row in this league each with a different team. Really hoping my streak doesn't end this season.

coldwind
Apr 8, 2007

Don't worry, Tyler Myers is holding it for you...

real_scud posted:

Of course around the 1:15 mark he got a chance after my D-man missed a clearing attempt and beat me gloveside. I felt kind of bad cause it was sorta late in the 3rd and they were now only down 2, until I looked up and saw he was getting a 10-min game misconduct because apparently he started yelling "gently caress yeah bitches, that's how you fuckin do it you assholes" and made a jerking-off motion (which you can kind of see as he's skating away) and the refs weren't having that at all.
What an idiot.

BTW, I would suggest staying tall when you butterflied. You seem to have a tendency to really hunch down; keep those knees 90 degrees.

Hey, it rhymes.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I haven't heard if they arranged a backup for me tonight or not, I'm bringing my gear just in case. I feel strong enough that I can play now, but I'd still prefer to have a couple sessions to get comfortable again.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Played for the first time in 6 months last night. Holy gently caress, there are some muscles you ONLY use for goaltending, and they are exacting revenge on me right now.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I ended up playing in our game tonight. I didn't let in any goals in the first period, but I started facing breakaways and I wasn't quite ready for the speed yet. We ended up losing 6-2. I feel like if I could move around like I normally could then I would have only let in 1 or 2 goals, but I still hesitant to butterfly frequently and push off for slides, so it's going to take me me some time to build up the strength and confidence needed to play effectively. The other thing I have to get confidence back in is challenging, not so much from a skating perspective, because I can skate decently enough, but it's more that I'm hesistant to really challenge and put myself out in a position where I can get hit.

The most important thing is that I didn't seem to aggravate my MCL injury. I did land hard on my knee with about two minutes left, but it felt fine a few seconds later. I may try going to a goalie clinic tomorrow morning, but I just need to see how I'm feeling in the morning.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Aniki posted:

The most important thing is that I didn't seem to aggravate my MCL injury. I did land hard on my knee with about two minutes left, but it felt fine a few seconds later. I may try going to a goalie clinic tomorrow morning, but I just need to see how I'm feeling in the morning.

Awesome

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Yeah, it's really encouraging. I also made sure to ice my knee immediately after the game. I'm actually going to buy a little cooler so that the gel packs will stay frozen. I just need to push myself a little harder each time and I desperately need to face some faster skaters during the week, so that I can start to get comfortable facing breakaways again. I was bad on those tonight and that was completely mental not physical. I just need to learn to trust my knee again, I'm so used to protecting it for the past 10 1/2 weeks that it's an adjustment to start pushing myself again. I also need to start working on recoveries. I had some moments where I tried doing those without thinking during the game, but I'm still tentative to push off with my right leg from a down position.

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!
Making a list of everyones playing locations, fill this out if youre interested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDJsWnlTUG5xM2trTmtFai1DQ1pHN1E6MQ

Results page
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiScXmeJDaOidDJsWnlTUG5xM2trTmtFai1DQ1pHN1E#gid=0

dms666 fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 4, 2012

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
Played goal in poor man's hockey (broomball) Came from a lacrosse goalie background and trying to make saves with my stick the entire time because welp what else are you going to do with a stick? It worked well up until people started shooting away from my stick side and I realized how little I know what to do with my left hand when making saves :allears: No clue how you all manage with the speed of actual hockey.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

Played goal in poor man's hockey (broomball) Came from a lacrosse goalie background and trying to make saves with my stick the entire time because welp what else are you going to do with a stick? It worked well up until people started shooting away from my stick side and I realized how little I know what to do with my left hand when making saves :allears: No clue how you all manage with the speed of actual hockey.

Honestly, after doing the math at the speeds involved, even if I wasn't a goaltender, I would be amazed at what people are capable of.

VVVV Me as well.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 4, 2012

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I don't really know what level I play since I just play shinny these days, so I just aimed low. Thanks for this, though :)

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I filled out that spreadsheet too even though I am in the wrong hemisphere :downs:

ihborbobobo
Sep 16, 2005
the artist formerly known as me
I only really lurk but I'm a goalie and I could use commiseration,
Whose dick do I need to suck to get one of these called for me?

quote:

USA Hockey rule #633 (d). States: “Slashing; A minor penalty shall be imposed on any player that makes stick contact with an opposing goalkeeper while he is in his goal crease, who has covered or caught the puck, regardless of whether or not the Referee has stopped play.”

I think it is 634 in the '13 editions.

I'm not mature enough to keep cool when the zebra tells me that the guy was just going for the puck and that he didn't know where it was either. I don't like leading goalies for penalty minutes multiple seasons.

nahanahs
Mar 26, 2003

<3 Shantastic <3
Just swing at their stick, but nothing more. If they're not going to call a rule in the book (I had no idea that was actually a rule), they shouldn't call you for responding.

I want that rule printed on a jersey.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ihborbobobo posted:

I only really lurk but I'm a goalie and I could use commiseration,
Whose dick do I need to suck to get one of these called for me?

I think it is 634 in the '13 editions.

I'm not mature enough to keep cool when the zebra tells me that the guy was just going for the puck and that he didn't know where it was either. I don't like leading goalies for penalty minutes multiple seasons.

Some slashing is to be expected. I've just come to grips with that.

It's what I do to them the next time they are in my crease, that keeps them from doing it again.

Nothing keeps a guy honest like putting his balls at risk, a light tap on the inside of his thighs, with your stick of course, normally reminds them, just how human they really are.

I would also like to condone the fun action of dropping down and putting my elbow into the back of their knees. It tends to get their attention as they tumble to the earth.

Please also remember; you're in enough padding that even if they do punch you, you're not gonna feel much of it. Act like it. Threaten them. Stare them down. Don't take their poo poo and give it back. If someone is skating through your crease to get to the play, or because a team mate has the puck behind the net, challenge them. Skate to the top of your crease and stare them in the loving eye. If they make a comment, don't make one back, just stare them in the loving eye. You've done it this whole time with a puck traveling ungodly miles per hour, do it to them. They don't like it.

I've also found a warning to them, loud enough for the refs to hear, does two important things. One, it sets a tone to the offender. Two, it makes the ref aware of it and your intentions. "Do that again and you're leaving my crease with a broken ankle." Tends to get the point across.

Remember the mentality of a forward. All he wants to do is score. He's cock sure and a super star. Use that against him, get in his head. Talk to him.

You made a great save? Let them know it. If it works, he won't score on you for some time.

I'm amazed at just how mental Goaltender is.

Aw well, hope that helps.

coldwind
Apr 8, 2007

Don't worry, Tyler Myers is holding it for you...

VendaGoat posted:

Some slashing is to be expected. I've just come to grips with that.

It's what I do to them the next time they are in my crease, that keeps them from doing it again.

Nothing keeps a guy honest like putting his balls at risk, a light tap on the inside of his thighs, with your stick of course, normally reminds them, just how human they really are.
Good luck. :smug:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I had a pretty great night. I got hit square in the nuts on a shot that made me keel over and take a minute or so to regather myself. Then right after that I made two great glove saves. I made a couple diving saves the next period, but then whatever super power I had from getting hit in the nuts wore off and I let in a few soft ones.

I hope my team doesn't try to nail me during warmups next week to reactivate my hidden powers. :ohdear:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I've had guys try to sweep my legs out from under me while I'm looking for the shot.

I get that you want a goal, but come on buddy. It's loving shinny.

It gets me off my game because I instantly go into angry goalie mode and start to sweep HIS legs out when I should be paying attention to the puck. I guess he wins in this situation, but since it's a shinny I'm having none of it.

Hockles posted:

I had a pretty great night. I got hit square in the nuts on a shot that made me keel over and take a minute or so to regather myself. Then right after that I made two great glove saves. I made a couple diving saves the next period, but then whatever super power I had from getting hit in the nuts wore off and I let in a few soft ones.

I hope my team doesn't try to nail me during warmups next week to reactivate my hidden powers. :ohdear:

For some reason I always play lights out after I get nailed and ask for a second. I think it's the extra adrenaline or something.

That said I never actually WANT to get nailed or anything.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

"A" stands for "Awful" right?

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 5, 2012

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Martytoof posted:

It gets me off my game because I instantly go into angry goalie mode and start to sweep HIS legs out when I should be paying attention to the puck. I guess he wins in this situation, but since it's a shinny I'm having none of it.

If they are not paying you to play the game, what does it all matter in the end?

Not to say I've never gotten steamed in a game before. Just makes it easier to let that anger go.

Take it as anecdotal evidence, but since I've been, um, what's the adjective I am looking for? Assholish? I seem to be respected, or feared, by the other players.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
There are apparently three of us in Orange. I'm in Tennessee for the summer though :( and I've only been playing ice for my terrible university when I'm there. I'm graduating next year though and might not have the time to play ACHA so maybe I can sneak in some games with you guys :ninja:

Or do some roller/dek cause I'm poor and playing out is more fun anyway

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jun 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ihborbobobo posted:

I don't like leading goalies for penalty minutes multiple seasons.

Try leading the entire league in penalty minutes :smug:

(That looks a lot worse than it really was. I swear there's an explainable backstory!)

• Locked thread