Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

draks
Apr 29, 2009

here he comes

Cemetry Gator posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhV4whO0Xps

Well, aside from Jerry's voice, I think they actually did a decent job with the dub. Of course, it's got to be pretty difficult to translate such a jargon heavy show into another language, so I imagine some of those scripts end up pretty different.

Oh hey excellent. I uploaded that video. You all can thank me later. B)

SORRY TO DERAIL FURTHER but if anyone wants to see more of My Neighbor Seinfeld, there's a handful of full eps up on niconico video: http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/seinfeld

also zari-gani that may be the most beautiful thing i have ever seen oh wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Guys, I just had the worst dream ever.

Seinfeld was the new AD. He walked up to Arino and said "You can't start playing! You didn't blow! If you don't blow, you can't go!"

Later on, Arino kept falling off platforms, and Seinfeld was going on about "slippage." The less said the better.

I think this might be the end of the derailing. I think we need to rerail. Is it rude to end a derail without rerailing it yourself? Does mixing the derail with the rerail get us back on the rail, or does it just create a further derail.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

You have a rare gift.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Now we just need to get Arino to play the NES Seinfeld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIKDakpeaE0&t=7s

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
I want some really awful group to sub My Neighbor Seinfeld so I can watch it with really blunt literal subtitles. I can only imagine that being translated into Japanese then translated back by someone like that would be fantastic.

someone call up tv nihon???

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Maybe Kotaku could license and dub it in English and make an anticomedy ouroboros

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

GidgetNomates posted:

I want some really awful group to sub My Neighbor Seinfeld so I can watch it with really blunt literal subtitles. I can only imagine that being translated into Japanese then translated back by someone like that would be fantastic.

"These pretzels give me great thirst!"

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
"I received a phone call from the store that sells contemptible people, informing me you have run out of stock."

I colored the picture by the way. I won't post it here but it has shown up in the "Bring me the strangest fanart" thread.

In SAGCCX news I'm close to finishing up Season 12, having just completed Pilotwings and now working on Rainbow Islands. I also did Shiren the Wanderer and Ninja Gaiden II but, of course, those are for the DVD. I think this makes it the first full season I've translated every episode of.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 4, 2012

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is that guy trying to take credit for your work?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Mister Chief posted:

Is that guy trying to take credit for your work?

No, people just post whatever weird fanart they come across in that thread.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Can't wait for the Pilotwings episode! I want to see his Pilotwing skills before the live bday special. Can't wait to see episode #100 Wrecking Crew. Great game to challenge and a great special episode.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 4, 2012

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ah. Looking at zari-gani's blog reveals a long and sordid history of strange fanart.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Wow, looking over your blog I realize that I really liked a lot of your stuff. I never realized they were made by the same person.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

In SAGCCX news I'm close to finishing up Season 12, having just completed Pilotwings and now working on Rainbow Islands. I also did Shiren the Wanderer and Ninja Gaiden II but, of course, those are for the DVD. I think this makes it the first full season I've translated every episode of.

My favorite untranslated episode is in those last three remaining episodes. You guys are in for a treat.

Well maybe not favorite since I have trouble pinning things down that far. But top three definitely.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I never realized they were made by the same person.

Yeah I get that a lot. That's the downside to doing so much parody art :smith:

Random Stranger posted:

My favorite untranslated episode is in those last three remaining episodes. You guys are in for a treat.

One of my favourite untranslated episodes is Child Rearing Quiz My Angel. Should I do that one next?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Yes! More quizzes! :haw:

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Yeah I get that a lot. That's the downside to doing so much parody art :smith:

One of my favourite untranslated episodes is Child Rearing Quiz My Angel. Should I do that one next?

I would love to see the last quiz episode translated!

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

zari-gani posted:

You've never steered us wrong - lead on, Chief! Call the shots!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Is that a threat? :v:

Well... at least they'd all be over (and cue a fifth quiz episode being announced for the following week).

serialrobinson
Oct 29, 2011

GidgetNomates posted:

I want so badly for this to happen.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Really looking forward to that Pilot Wings episode. Thanks SAGCCX.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Putting in another vote of "Yes, please" for the last of the quiz episodes!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Shock Trooper posted:

Putting in another vote of "Yes, please" for the last of the quiz episodes!

You are all trying to kill me, aren't you.

:eek:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

We just had a quiz episode (and I didn't think it was great), so I think they should be spaced out a bit more, but I'm probably in the minority here.

If you ask me, I'd like something a bit lighter. The last 5 or so episodes have been pretty text heavy and/or bizarre. I'd just like to see Arino play, like, a simple, quality platformer again. Like Ghouls 'n' Ghosts or something. I guess Wagan Land was kind of that, but that whole game just seemed pretty broken and bad, honestly.

Not complaining, though, I really appreciate everyone's efforts to the fullest.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 5, 2012

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Random Stranger posted:

You are all trying to kill me, aren't you.

:eek:

We will sing songs of your noble death for generations.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

We just had a quiz episode (and I didn't think it was great), so I think they should be spaced out a bit more, but I'm probably in the minority here.

I think My Angel Quiz is the most interesting quiz episode of them all, and one of my favourite ones aswell, and if I understood correctly, there will be one or two episode till the My Angel Quiz anyways.

Also you can read this message as in YES, this should've been subbed a month ago!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Tossing in another vote for yes please.

I'm also really curious about the Comic Zone episode, but I can't even find a raw of that one.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Vlaphor posted:

Tossing in another vote for yes please.

I'm also really curious about the Comic Zone episode, but I can't even find a raw of that one.

I'll post the raw on my YT now will take a while to process. Will be up in about an hour. Any other raw requests for season 14 or 15 or the full raws for season 1. I have all the GCCX raws that have not been subbed on my YT channel from seasons 1-13 and 16.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

joek0 posted:

I'll post the raw on my YT now will take a while to process. Will be up in about an hour. Any other raw requests for season 14 or 15 or the full raws for season 1. I have all the GCCX raws that have not been subbed on my YT channel from seasons 1-13 and 16.

I'd like to see him play Kirby's Dream Course and Metal Storm.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Ineffiable posted:

I have a slow connection, but will try to have it up by tonight or tommorrow. Still uploading Comix Zone.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

joek0 posted:

Thanks.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

GCCX Comix Zone Raw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fmgvs9zJaM

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I just wanted to chime in saying that you guys do a terrific job translating this excellent show.

However, is there any chance for an updated OP with new Episode Links, or a Batch Torrent?

I feel like I'm missing a lot of Episodes which only got posted in the Thread without making it to the OP.

Edit:

Kudos to the typesetter, I feel your pain.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 5, 2012

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Is that a threat? :v:

Well... at least they'd all be over (and cue a fifth quiz episode being announced for the following week).

I was totally just kidding around with you but now I got everyone excited :( Sorry guys, I love that episode and all but I'm really not prepared to translate that one right now. It was a joke.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I hope to see Megaman 4 episode translated soon. I would love to see all the Megaman challeneges subbed. Can't wait to see Megaman 5 episode some time in 2013 as he plays a new Megaman game every 2 years. Megaman 4 was done in 2011. I love watching Arino during the Megaman challenges.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Ineffiable posted:

Kirby's Dream Couse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8xmNzenGH8

Metal Storm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtK3hiv_W7Q

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hymirvetr posted:

I just wanted to chime in saying that you guys do a terrific job translating this excellent show.

However, is there any chance for an updated OP with new Episode Links, or a Batch Torrent?

I feel like I'm missing a lot of Episodes which only got posted in the Thread without making it to the OP.

The OP is current with any episodes that are not licensed in the US. There are some missing because they will be in the upcoming Discotek release.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Thanks for the clarification, I must've overlooked the fact that it's Licensed in the US.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

You da man, I appreciate this.

Edit: few minutes in, I want to nominate this for next translation.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"
I watched the raw of Dig Dug II last night; that seems like a kind of "easygoing" episode if folks are burnt out from quizzes. Part action, part puzzle, all pain-in-the-rear end Famicom-era Namco, so it's right in Arino's wheelhouse.

(That, and it's hilarious watching him eat humble pie after trying to win with STYLE.)

Also, one of the cooler Tamage segments, complete with Arino + Emoto tag-teaming The Simpsons!