Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.

Baron von der Loon posted:

I found my copy of $25 pledge in the mailbox yesterday... twice. Not sure what happened, but I got everything double: the coloring book, the notepads, the fridge magnets, everything.

Not sure what went wrong, but I feel kinda bad now. :smith:
Wasn't there a $25 reward that gave you double all the goodies in lieu of a poster or a book or something? (Sorry, on phone and unable to check exact details.) You may have selected that one by mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

FT posted:

Foiled again!

"I think she's a girl because otherwise the order is a huge sausage fest."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Toussaint Louverture posted:

A huge sausage fest in a fantasy setting?!

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Sefer posted:

There's a feat that gives +2 to all saves. Between feats and items, there are actually a lot of ways to get permanent boosts to all save or to death saves, though usually the only characters that go all out with it are Revenants that want to abuse staying concious at negative hit points. Those usually end up with a +9 to death saves so they never fail.
I'm pretty sure death saving rolls aren't the same thing as regular saving throws which means that unless a feat says death saving roll the bonus isn't applicable.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Toussaint Louverture posted:

True answer: V is an Elf.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

MadScientistWorking posted:

I'm pretty sure death saving rolls aren't the same thing as regular saving throws which means that unless a feat says death saving roll the bonus isn't applicable.
No, they're inclusive. Rules Compendium on Death Saving Throws: "make a saving throw at the end of that character's turn each round. A death saving throw works just like any other saving throw, but the result determines how close the adventurer is to death." A bonus to saving throws applies to all saving throws, a bonus to death saving throws only to those.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Never mind, this was a pointless post and I don't know why I made it.

Technogeek fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 5, 2012

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Got my Kickstarter stuff yesterday, and it's totally rad. I did the pledge for Start of Darkness and the magnet, and ended up getting the stickers and coloring book too! Had no idea those were added to the pledge level.

For some reason I thought the book was going to be hardcover. I'm not disappointed, per se, I guess I was just expecting it to be. Can't wait to read it tonight :keke:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

The Midniter posted:

Got my Kickstarter stuff yesterday, and it's totally rad. I did the pledge for Start of Darkness and the magnet, and ended up getting the stickers and coloring book too! Had no idea those were added to the pledge level.

For some reason I thought the book was going to be hardcover. I'm not disappointed, per se, I guess I was just expecting it to be. Can't wait to read it tonight :keke:
I got the exact same order as well. I suspect that they're being sent out by type, so anyone who got only SoD will either have them soon, or already has them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MikeJF posted:

A huge sausage fest in a fantasy setting?!

Sounds great, untill goblins invade and a bunch of ragtag young adults have to band together and fight them. Then two player characters can be named the Sausage King and Queen.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Baron von der Loon posted:

I found my copy of $25 pledge in the mailbox yesterday... twice. Not sure what happened, but I got everything double: the coloring book, the notepads, the fridge magnets, everything.

Not sure what went wrong, but I feel kinda bad now. :smith:

Send it on, dude. Spread the love. I'm sure there's someone out there who'd love to have the spare :)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Sounds great, untill goblins invade and a bunch of ragtag young adults have to band together and fight them. Then two player characters can be named the Sausage King and Queen.

"This is Abe Fromanicus, the Sausage King of Waterdeep!"

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Gee, I sure hope Rich is ok...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

HKR posted:

True answer: V is an Elf.

What's this from?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Speedball posted:

What's this from?
Money's on tumblr. Possibly DeviantArt, but it smells of tumblr to me.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

NihilCredo posted:

Money's on tumblr. Possibly DeviantArt, but it smells of tumblr to me.

I think they wanted a link, not some vaguely derisive snorting as to what sort of community spawned it.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Speedball posted:

What's this from?

unknown, it was just passed to me via twitter.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Cabbit posted:

I think they wanted a link, not some vaguely derisive snorting as to what sort of community spawned it.
I think he was just playing "Internet Art Expert" and used "smells" poorly.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Did anyone else order the three print-only books and receive them yet? (Start of Darkness, Snips/Snails/Dragon Tails, On The Origin of PCs)

I selected that one for the Kickstarter, but I haven't gotten any emails or anything yet, and I think they've been boxing and mailing for a while now.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Pyrolocutus posted:

Did anyone else order the three print-only books and receive them yet? (Start of Darkness, Snips/Snails/Dragon Tails, On The Origin of PCs)

I selected that one for the Kickstarter, but I haven't gotten any emails or anything yet, and I think they've been boxing and mailing for a while now.

I ordered that one and also have not gotten books or a notification.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Pyrolocutus posted:

Same here. Since I haven't gotten a confirmation email, I'm inclined to think they're doing the smaller ones (1 or 2 books) first. Either that or one of the three print-only books needed more printings.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I ordered Snips,Snails & Dragon Tails and the coloring book and got them plus all the bonus material.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Pyrolocutus posted:

I'm with you too, but I think they're going in order of complexity. So we get to wait while all the single/double book people get their goodies first.

Eventually someone will post about getting a tracking number for the print-only bundle, then I'll be antsy.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

terminal mehmet posted:

I ordered Snips,Snails & Dragon Tails and the coloring book and got them plus all the bonus material.

That's what I ordered, but I haven't recieved notification or books yet :/

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

The magnet is way cooler than I ever thought it'd be. It's also really powerful.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
I got the complete story and am still waiting

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I think we're all still waiting on the complete story.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

I think we're all still waiting on the complete story.
:downsrim:

I'm really hoping that OotS has a good ending. A mediocre or poor ending would be beyond terrible, if only because of how much it'd contrast with the story as a whole.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Colon V posted:

:downsrim:

I'm really hoping that OotS has a good ending. A mediocre or poor ending would be beyond terrible, if only because of how much it'd contrast with the story as a whole.
There's a ME3 joke to make here. Is making fun of that ending not passe and also not spoilers any more?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

There's a ME3 joke to make here. Is making fun of that ending not passe and also not spoilers any more?
The joke was dead long before Marauder Shields was. :v:

Yes.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jun 9, 2012

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I ordered the three print-only books and emailed Rich about it because I had been hoping to give them to my girlfriend for her birthday in a couple of weeks, and so I emailed Rich to see if there were any updates. He said that mine was in the middle of the 'to-ship' list, and he guessed that it should be shipped out next week. So it shouldn't be too long, I would assume, until a lot of the print-only rewards are going out. Seems like Ookoodook or whoever's doing the shipping are struggling with the weight of work.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

fallingdownjoe posted:

I ordered the three print-only books and emailed Rich about it because I had been hoping to give them to my girlfriend for her birthday in a couple of weeks, and so I emailed Rich to see if there were any updates. He said that mine was in the middle of the 'to-ship' list, and he guessed that it should be shipped out next week. So it shouldn't be too long, I would assume, until a lot of the print-only rewards are going out. Seems like Ookoodook or whoever's doing the shipping are struggling with the weight of work.

Yeah, it's Ookoodook. According to the last Kickstarter update, they're pushing like 300 orders a day or something.

The problem is that there are almost 15,000 backers. Not all of those got books but if they all did, that's 50 days straight of 300 orders a day. Add weekends to that...

It's a hell of a job. I'm okay with being patient.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Rich has had some amazing climaxes in personal stories for individual characters so far, and only once did I think he was padding it out (specifically the part where Roy's remains got turned into a bone golem felt like they were drawing it out) so the final end of Order of the Stick will probably be pretty good.

I think the only thing that may deflate the drama would be that Xykon is so... casual. There's a few good reasons for him to be, in particular that he's so strong he rarely needs to consider anything else a threat. Maybe the final climax would have him shedding the "yeah, whateva, cool story bro" attitude as things got serious, even for him.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 10, 2012

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Speedball posted:

I think the only thing that may deflate the drama would be that Xykon is so... casual. There's a few good reasons for him to be, in particular that he's so strong he rarely needs to consider anything else a threat. Maybe the final climax would have him shedding the "yeah, whateva, cool story bro" attitude as things got serious, even for him.

You see that when V does the Soul Splice thing and attacks X. Mostly after O-Chul graps X's little soul thingy. X gets pretty pissed after that.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Speedball posted:

"Hey Redcloak...we really had a shot at the prize there for a minute, didn't we?"

"No no no no no no- NO!"

You mean like that?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Speedball posted:

I think ever since he turned into a lich he's been hating the world even more. He doesn't want to rule it. He wants to destroy it and probably himself too. He's the opposite of Tarquin and Redcloak in that they have goals and he just secretly wants everything to end. Ever since that goddamn cup of coffee.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Affi posted:

I think ever since he turned into a lich he's been hating the world even more. He doesn't want to rule it. He wants to destroy it and probably himself too. He's the opposite of Tarquin and Redcloak in that they have goals and he just secretly wants everything to end. Ever since that goddamn cup of coffee.

The entire thing is ended when a genius, epic-level artificer invents a magical metal tongue that allows sentient undead to taste things.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Stick - http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0855.html

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Of all things, I want to learn more about these class colleges. What sort of things gets you extra credit in Rogue College, stealing test answers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kimitsu posted:

Of all things, I want to learn more about these class colleges. What sort of things gets you extra credit in Rogue College, stealing test answers?

Successfully backstabbing your professor.

EDIT: It's like the Assassins' Guild exams in Ankh-Morpork - if you are able to inhume your examiner, you automatically pass your exam.