Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
So we have SMT4's teaser site, but still no full on reveal? It's driving me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If I had to guess, Atlus is gonna wait for TGS to reveal SMT4 in full.

That or another random issue of Famitsu no one could possibly predict! Wild card, woo!

Dehry posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnwXbSYcywg
P4: The Golden US Trailer.
Thank god my college book trade ins are worth a Used vita and game.
Edit: Interestingly, they are using the Japanese VAs for the ad. Is there still trouble getting everyone onboard?

More like Japanese everything. That's pretty much the Japanese launch trailer for P4G note for note. I guess Atlus didn't want to spring to make a new trailer so they just inserted English language text cut-ins.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Himuro posted:

So we have SMT4's teaser site, but still no full on reveal? It's driving me nuts.

Should be something more substantial in this week's Famitsu, which leaks Tuesday afternoon I think.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:
Aaand the official release date for P4A: August 7th. Source.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rascyc posted:

Hate to burst your bubble but Persona 2 on the PS1 is in fact an old game. Old games don't "age" into great games on their own. The story is interesting because it's so different and the gameplay is something of a chore for most people. The PSP remake is also pretty rough in the load time department unfortunately.

SNES games have aged much better than most PS1 games though?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp, DS1 officially has the most assholish final boss in the history of videogames, jesus gently caress. :smith:

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

SNES games have aged much better than most PS1 games though?

SMT 1 and 2, at least, haven't aged well at all.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Technique posted:

Welp, DS1 officially has the most assholish final boss in the history of videogames, jesus gently caress. :smith:

What kind of skills are you running on your MC? I found the fight to be pretty simple by abusing holy dance and dual shadow, with my demons simply being heal bitches.

e: of course I played DS1 and 2 "wrong" by just having my MC soak up all the kills while my other party members just acted as revive/support/niche weakness drones. So if you have a balanced team that strat might not be as potent.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 5, 2012

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What kind of skills are you running on your MC? I found the fight to be pretty simple by abusing holy dance and dual shadow, with my demons simply being heal bitches.

e: of course I played DS1 and 2 "wrong" by just having my MC soak up all the kills while my other party members just acted as revive/support/niche weakness drones. So if you have a balanced team that strat might not be as potent.

Holy Dance, Recarm, Prayer, Anti-Phys, Anti-Most, Null Mystic, Blitzkrieg. My main problem was that i ran out of MP in the final phase (even with a Tyrant), so i guess i'll just have to switch out Blitkrieg for Magic Yang. Dual Shadow is a good idea though, i hadn't thought of that. Does the second cast still cost MP, or do you get it for free?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Technique posted:

Holy Dance, Recarm, Prayer, Anti-Phys, Anti-Most, Null Mystic, Blitzkrieg. My main problem was that i ran out of MP in the final phase (even with a Tyrant), so i guess i'll just have to switch out Blitkrieg for Magic Yang. Dual Shadow is a good idea though, i hadn't thought of that. Does the second cast still cost MP, or do you get it for free?

It does cost MP, but one drain will net you most of it back. Even more if you get a dual shadow proc

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You really want drain on your MC to make things trivial, you should also leave healing to your demons or other party members.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Naoya and Gin routes are the hardest, to boot. As for Dual Shadow, the second casting costs MP (or HP) too, but if you have Drain then it is beautiful.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So i was just grinding out an extra level or two in the last free battle and somehow Shiva was there? :stonk: Oh well, free Megidolaon for me!

e: Was pretty easy with the right skills. drat, that might have been the most badass SMT ending ever. :allears: Really need to pick up Overclocked when i someday get a 3DS.

Need to buy the soundtrack, too...

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 5, 2012

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Policenaut posted:

If I had to guess, Atlus is gonna wait for TGS to reveal SMT4 in full.

That or another random issue of Famitsu no one could possibly predict! Wild card, woo!

No, the Wild Card is in Persona :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So according to the newest issue of Famitsu, the 3DS remake of Soul Hackers will contain a trailer for Shin Megami Tensei 4.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How soon is that coming out?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The end of August.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ugh that's a long time to wait for a trailer...

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.

glod posted:

Aaand the official release date for P4A: August 7th. Source.

Finally, a reason for me to get a Vita. I'm going to be depressed if they don't get Teddie's VA back.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Killbot posted:

Finally, a reason for me to get a Vita. I'm going to be depressed if they don't get Teddie's VA back.

Sadly it's not for Vita...only Golden is.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

P4A and P4G are different games coming out for different systems a couple of months apart from each other which is confusing as poo poo.

Persona 4 Arena is a fighting game, made by the Guilty Gear/Blazblue guys. Out in August for the PS3.

Persona 4 Golden is a remake/upgrade of the PS2 game. Out in October for the Vita.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Arena's on the 360 too.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Radish posted:

Ugh that's a long time to wait for a trailer...

Yeah, that's just kinda silly. I mean, it's not like the trailer won't leak onto YouTube before Soul Hackers is even released, so why even bother putting it in there? Why not just show us sooner? :mad:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oh no! :(

Persona 4: Golden Will Have New English Voices For Teddie And Chie, Too

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
How were they not able to get Wittenberg? It's not like he's some ultra famous dude or anything.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well, I'm honestly okay with them replacing Chie.

They actually managed the herculean task of making Teddie not sound annoying the first time, though, so let's hope lightning strikes twice.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

From what I've heard in the fighting game promo videos, Teddie's new voice is terrible.

Who did Chie? I can't believe they couldn't swing that person again.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Chie's new VA sounds good in Arena, but I'm not sure yet with Teddie. Need to hear him give a bear pun before making judgement.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Radish posted:

From what I've heard in the fighting game promo videos, Teddie's new voice is terrible.

Who did Chie? I can't believe they couldn't swing that person again.

She doesn't do a whole lot of video game stuff. Last thing she did was someone from Army of Two 2 I think.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAsbV4e59Ng
New Soul Hackers 3DS trailer. It doesn't look like the sprites are any more animated than the 90s version, but that's a little less irritating since we know SMTIV is coming.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

New Soul Hackers 3DS trailer. It doesn't look like the sprites are any more animated than the 90s version, but that's a little less irritating since we know SMTIV is coming.

I deffo like that song, yeah. Man, in between the DeSu games, the SMTIV announcement, and the SH remake, i've finally regained my faith in Atlus. There... there is hope.

:unsmith:

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Technique posted:

When I played Atsuro's route, I finished the final battle with one person standing (Mari) with one hitpoint left. She endured the boss' last attack and killed it with a counter.

ZeusJupitar fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 6, 2012

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So, the band that does the SH OP is called wink wink or whatever, but i assume they're pretty much formed specifically for that song? Because i started wondering if they had a previous discography or something, but apparently they don't really exist.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

TurnipFritter posted:

Masahiro Sakurai? There must be a secret Kirby demon.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So, apparently the post credit scene in the p4 movie that just released hinted at a P3 movie, which unless it's just an adaptation of The Answer or something I have no clue how it'd be any good. Although I'll prolly still see it since I enjoyed p3 alot no matter how terrible it is. :smith:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So, apparently the post credit scene in the p4 movie that just released hinted at a P3 movie, which unless it's just an adaptation of The Answer or something I have no clue how it'd be any good. Although I'll prolly still see it since I enjoyed p3 alot no matter how terrible it is. :smith:

Uuugh. There is no way P3 can translate into a movie worth watching. And if they make a movie out of The Answer, then they're gonna have to include a lot of Anime Grinding. :v:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
There was that project Kido was working on a project regarding Persona 3 post-Answer, starring Aigis and Elizabeth searching for a way to return the blue-haired one. They stopped talking about it after P3P came out, so I figured it would end up as either yet another light novel or written off entirely as a whim.

e: VVVVV please god no

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 9, 2012

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
It could be possible it's hinting towards a P3 series? Considering how popular the P4 one is, I wouldn't be surprised if they would make another one.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So in Nocturne, is there a trick to getting into fights on the new 'moon'? Seems like so far a decent amount of enemies straight up can't be talked to unless you're there, and I always wind up at like 1/8 when I try to get in fights on new moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

DeathSandwich posted:

So in Nocturne, is there a trick to getting into fights on the new 'moon'? Seems like so far a decent amount of enemies straight up can't be talked to unless you're there, and I always wind up at like 1/8 when I try to get in fights on new moon.

There are skills and items that increase your encounter rate. Other than that, you're left to the whims of the RNG. Assuming you're trying to take advantage of Dark Pledge, the best advice I can give is don't use Dark Pledge.