Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

So we have a new kit. Everyone on the internet hates it but most Costa Ricans on the internet are angry bitter jerks for some reason.

Certainly not brilliant but also not really THAT bad...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Looks a bit cheap and silly but nothing too bad, forgettable more than anything, the away looks better than the home, and that girl has enormous breasts.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Hoops posted:

Looks a bit cheap and silly but nothing too bad, forgettable more than anything, the away looks better than the home, and that girl has enormous breasts.

Hmm, yes. Yes, she most certainly does.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
You know, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Central American shirt I've been particularly fond of.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
It's nice to see Liverpool joining Newcastle in the ST:TNG kit fad:

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Bobby Digital posted:

It's nice to see Liverpool joining Newcastle in the ST:TNG kit fad:

loving hate the new uniforms me

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I like the Costa Rica shirt

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I guess after having the Barcelona shirt inflicted upon my eyes, it's hard not to think the Costa Rica shirt doesn't look too bad.

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud

Mickolution posted:

Apparently, the weird neck thing is "Inspired by LFC’s Away Kit from 1900-1906 which featured the neck detail as nod to the huge maritime influence on the city." according to Warrior on Twitter.

It doesn't matter if it was "inspired" by Jesus' ascent into heaven, it's ugly as sin.

Taxxorrak
Jul 22, 2008

Hey guys, recently bought a Barcelona 11/12 kit on Ebay and got it in the mail today. The red was much darker than I have seen in almost every photo of the kit, not the semi-magneta/purplishreddish I thought it would be. I'm pretty sure it's a fake, but is anyone elses kit like that? Darker colours than EVERY picture I've seen of the kit? Or does it just look like that?

The LFP badge looks shoddy as hell, too.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

Hey guys, recently bought a Barcelona 11/12 kit on Ebay and got it in the mail today. The red was much darker than I have seen in almost every photo of the kit, not the semi-magneta/purplishreddish I thought it would be. I'm pretty sure it's a fake, but is anyone elses kit like that? Darker colours than EVERY picture I've seen of the kit? Or does it just look like that?

The LFP badge looks shoddy as hell, too.

All of that is because you bought a bootleg

Taxxorrak
Jul 22, 2008

T. Smith posted:

All of that is because you bought a bootleg
Right, it's a fake then? God, I hate my own stupidity. That's what you get for being stupid.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

Right, it's a fake then? God, I hate my own stupidity. That's what you get for being stupid.

C'mon now, how much did you pay for it?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Use a reputed source for your knock offs so they're decent quality

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

lol yes, it's a fake.

Taxxorrak
Jul 22, 2008

Oh Em Gee posted:

C'mon now, how much did you pay for it?
It wasn't as cheap as you think, I can tell you that much. I just never thought about it.

loving hell. What place do you guys buy your kits?

I can't wear this thing either now, it looks like poo poo! Made in Thailand gently caress my rear end!!

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

It wasn't as cheap as you think, I can tell you that much. I just never thought about it.

I can't wear this thing either now, it looks like poo poo! Made in Thailand gently caress my rear end!!

hahah

post that fake

(if u can get your asian gf to model it you get bonus points)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
i have a top quality real rnadrid shirt you can buy, only £50

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

:laffo: go to like soccertriads or something they usually are good with fakes.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

Hilarious. soccer.com or worldsoccershop.com for real kits if you're going to pay full price. EBay for previous year kits at discounted prices. Never buy a new release kit on eBay.

Various bootleg sites if that's your thing, soccer triads, etc.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Totally Not A Fake Barca Shirt L@@K

Taxxorrak
Jul 22, 2008

Shrapnac posted:

Hilarious. soccer.com or worldsoccershop.com for real kits if you're going to pay full price. EBay for previous year kits at discounted prices. Never buy a new release kit on eBay.

Various bootleg sites if that's your thing, soccer triads, etc.
Thanks for the tips. I must agree though, it is hilarious. What can I say, haven't bought any jerseys in years, so I never gave it a thought.

I appreciate you guys showing me how dumb I have been, though!

Edit: I'm going to try and send it back and get a refund. Is there any way I can get this bastard through Paypal/Ebay or something? Based on that he's sold me something that does not match the auction pictures at all?

Edit: Yes ofcourse he was using stock photos I AM DUMB OKAY

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

Thanks for the tips. I must agree though, it is hilarious. What can I say, haven't bought any jerseys in years, so I never gave it a thought.

Edit: I'm going to try and send it back and get a refund. Is there any way I can get this bastard through Paypal/Ebay or something? Based on that he's sold me something that does not match the auction pictures at all?

POST IT

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

You should be able to. Check the listing to make sure he didn't include that it was a fake in the small print somewhere.

Taxxorrak
Jul 22, 2008

Okay here's the picture. My room was light so the colours came out alot brighter than they are, but that doesn't matter now does it because it's still FAKE AND FILTHY!!

He didn't say anything about non-authentic or whatever on the auction, so hopefully I'll be able to get my money back somehow.

Taxxorrak fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 5, 2012

Taxxorrak
Jul 22, 2008

Pardon the double post; here's the picture.

oh man it looks really really bad.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Geez, you weren't joking about the red

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

Okay here's the picture. My room was light so the colours came out alot brighter than they are, but that doesn't matter now does it because it's still FAKE AND FILTHY!!

He didn't say anything about non-authentic or whatever on the auction, so hopefully I'll be able to get my money back somehow.

You can defo get a refund. The best thing about ebay is people on there are poo poo scared of bad feedback and paypal is pretty great at getting you your money back.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Hoops posted:

I would go for that old MLS strip with the cowboy tassles. Can't even remember what team it was, but it was brown and white with string hanging off it.

[edit]
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/kits/68037/poo poo-football-kits-colorado-caribous-rodeo-fringe-1978.html

That one. Best of luck finding it for sale anywhere.

Sorry I'm going to be pedantic here. That's not MLS. MLS didn't exist until 1996. That was a league called the NASL that folded in 84/85 sometime and we didn't really have a real division 1 league here again until 1996 and it is completely unrelated to the NASL. (note, now we have a lower league called NASL which is also completely unrelated to the one from the 60s, 70s and early 80s)

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

thehappyprince posted:

You can defo get a refund. The best thing about ebay is people on there are poo poo scared of bad feedback and paypal is pretty great at getting you your money back.

It might take like 2 months though. They're good about getting your money back but the process can take some time.

Thinking of getting a CSKA Moscow fake or something for the gym. How do SoccerTriads fakes hold up under actual physical activity?

Taxxorrak
Jul 22, 2008

Does anyone else in here have an authentic Barca jersey? Is there such a big difference in the red? I keep searching up pictures of the authentic kit and it strangely looks reddish, aswell. My picture is obviously a bad one and makes it look totally horrible, but if the difference isn't that great I might just keep it..

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

Does anyone else in here have an authentic Barca jersey? Is there such a big difference in the red? I keep searching up pictures of the authentic kit and it strangely looks reddish, aswell. My picture is obviously a bad one and makes it look totally horrible, but if the difference isn't that great I might just keep it..
It doesn't look that bad.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
The red looks a little strong, bit it really doesn't look that bad. Judging by that photo, if I saw someone wearing that shirt on the street, I probably wouldn't notice anything wrong with it at all.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
yeah I was expecting it to be like magenta or something with 'BARSALONER' written in marker on the back. Honestly wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless I was told there was one

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Looks better than the real ones IMO. Any chance you can give that sellers name so other goons aren't misled?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
keep in mind that authentic photoshoots and stock photos are done in lighting conditions that are much different than you snapping a photo of your kit from your cameraphone, it's not unusual for colors to look different "in real life".

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Protip: if you want an authentic kit go to the official club shop. if you cant afford that feel free to buy ripoffs but you're at your own risk.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Knockoffs like that Barca one aren't perfect but like Mickolution said, it's not easily identifiable as bootleg. The most obvious ones are when it's missing the Nike swoosh or the font on the back is Comic Sans or something, with the letters jammed together and 3x smaller than the actual jerseys.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

partipo posted:

Thinking of getting a CSKA Moscow fake or something for the gym. How do SoccerTriads fakes hold up under actual physical activity?

Pretty good. Their material varies depending on the brand of jersey they're bootlegging afaik, the adidas ones are far more comfortable than the Nike ones. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cancer
Sep 18, 2005

Teach em' young
So the question is, how are these companies able to get away with the bootlegging? I thought the big brands would be ruthless in shutting these operations down.

Reminds me that my mum keeps going on holiday and bringing me back fake shirts, which she believes are legit. I don't have the heart to tell her