Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

whowhatwhere posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mDaIsz-iU8 Theon's speech is funny as hell. Well worth watching.
Yup, I was honestly surprised at how good Alfie was this season. I'm sure he could pull off the Reek role pretty well.

vv I'm pretty sure the Ironborn don't believe in or give a gently caress about war crimes, they just do as they wish :black101:

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

awww, rewatching that scene, I realize now that Theon says "Our war cries will echo through eternity" when I originally thought he said "Our war crimes will echo through eternity" which would've made that speech a million times more metal/ironborn. Goddammit.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
A good scene in the final that hasn't gotten much love is the one with Jaime and Brienne, with her showing him that she's a real knight, ie a cruel gently caress.

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

Syncopated posted:

A good scene in the final that hasn't gotten much love is the one with Jaime and Brienne, with her showing him that she's a real knight, ie a cruel gently caress.

It's quite a departure from the books, in which she has nightmares after killing the some of the bloody mummers.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

If I were Brienne, I'd have nightmares about the Bloody Mummers too.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I'm pretty sure Jaime got his first awkward half-chub when she was killing those Northerners. His face was awesome.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is awesome as Jaime.

"I wish someone had told me, I wouldn't have had to steal that pig."

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
A friend sent me this link since he knows I'm a "fan".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL7RWUva7ak

I was waiting for spoilers but the best he could do was say "red wedding".

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Sansa is really getting a rape scene before the series ends, isn't she? :gonk:

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

Haha, that owns.

Waffle Ho
Jul 29, 2004

What are they complaining about today? Fucking shithole of a city. Whining bastards, bitching about the trash or the crime or this or that.

empty sea posted:

I'm pretty sure Jaime got his first awkward half-chub when she was killing those Northerners. His face was awesome.

*sproooooing*

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Going to be a long summer of shameful boners while we wait for season 3.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Is Theon even in SoS or does he just pop up as Reek in ADwD?

Also to all those Faraday Threaders who were wondering where that badass pirate dude went during the battle... now we know Dany locked him in a vault, poor guy now he can't give the queen some of his duck sauce...

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

I spy,

With George's rape eye,

Something beginning with...

Red-headed lemoncake.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

ruddiger posted:

awww, rewatching that scene, I realize now that Theon says "Our war cries will echo through eternity" when I originally thought he said "Our war crimes will echo through eternity" which would've made that speech a million times more metal/ironborn. Goddammit.

It's all the same thing in the end, really.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The boring vikings are less boring on the show I guess.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Just finished AFFC

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Which says good things for Victarion, assuming he isn't cut.

^ ADWD is even better.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

doomisland posted:

Just finished AFFC

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

Urdnot Fire posted:

Which says good things for Victarion, assuming he isn't cut.

^ ADWD is even better.

No it's not. It doesn't have Meanwhile Back at the Wall.

menino
Jul 27, 2006

Pon De Floor
e: wrong thread

menino fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jun 8, 2012

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

Urdnot Fire posted:

Sansa is really getting a rape scene before the series ends, isn't she? :gonk:

That would make me very angry, and I would say mean things about him on the internet. Also, I would cry.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

blackshreds posted:

My wife just finished reading the red wedding. She puts the book down, looks over at me and yells "WHAT THE FUUUUUCK?! I HATE THIS GUY! (meaning GRRM).

I loaned all my books to my friend maybe 3 weeks ago and he's been burning through them. I asked him to text me little updates here and there so I can follow where he is at. While in the lab it get:

carl posted:

That dirty bastard roose Bolton and the late lord Frey. This book just got ridiculous

:ese:

He just got through Joffery's wedding and thinks Littlefinger/Dontos poisoned him.
edit: VVV I interpret that he thinks Dontos was the poisioner & littlefinger the planner, but all I remember of it is the queen of thornes and the hairnet.

Bud fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 8, 2012

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
drat, he's good. Or do you mean that Dontos personally poisoned Joffrey?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Ambiguatron posted:

That would make me very angry, and I would say mean things about him on the internet. Also, I would cry.

But don't we already say mean things about him on the internet? I mean we could do it more, but that won't stop the Absolute Fucker.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Meera posted:

Are there any characters you ship? The only ones I ship are Sansa/Sandor and Bran/Jojen (nothing sexual, I'm not into that). Is there anyone else that ships Bran/Jojen? I feel like I'm alone in this...

Bran/Jojen? That's a new one. Only fans of this series would promote a gay relationship between a disabled 8 year old boy and his swamp dwelling companion.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Mediocre posted:

Bran/Jojen? That's a new one. Only fans of this series would promote a gay relationship between a disabled 8 year old boy and his swamp dwelling companion.
The sad thing is how that's so much less creepy than many other ships in the fandom.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Urdnot Fire posted:

The sad thing is how that's so much less creepy than many other ships in the fandom.

The creepy thing is that its Meera doing the shipping

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Dwarsen posted:

I have to say I preferred season 1, even though this one was great too. I guess the thing that irked me the most was that the "good guys" just couldn't loving catch a break. It felt like the "bad guys" were incompetent and awful but still won, for utterly arbitrary or random reasons. It annoyed me a bit.

HenessyHero posted:

Yeah, I'm partly feeling the same thing. However, I like that this series is probably going for the slow-build. Good antagonists need to build up a solid win-streak to remain credible and threatening, which usually means a long and depressing journey for anyone opposing them. A final victory for Robb would taste so much sweeter after making him run through a minor hell, imho. It makes the final payoff more satisfying.

HenessyHero's cracked the code, alright! Clearly that's what GRRM intends.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

whowhatwhere posted:

HenessyHero's cracked the code, alright! Clearly that's what GRRM intends.

Book seven will involve Zombie Robb as King in the North.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I can't wait for the lesbian scene between Zombie Shae and Ros. In Mereen. With Zombie Quentyn jerking off and crying in the corner.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

^ So much exposition will be had.

cheetah7071 posted:

As long as he's loyal to Cannibal King Rickon Walnutsbane, First of His Name.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

cheetah7071 posted:

A zombie, you say? Good thing Bolton has all his bases covered:

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:
I really have no clue how the series is supposed to end. Westeros could unite and defeat the Others in the final book, in which case the whole plot beyond the wall might as well not exist. The Others could also come south and kill everyone in Westeros, which is probably slightly better, but still, it ends up being "I read 6 books about a bunch of people who died". Either way, I don't see a satisfying end to ASOIAF. GRRM leaving the series unfinished, might actually be desirable in that case.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

In It For The Tank posted:

A zombie, you say? Good thing Bolton has all his bases covered:

:swoon:

Does it come in a larger size, by any chance?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

zalmoxes posted:

I really have no clue how the series is supposed to end. Westeros could unite and defeat the Others in the final book, in which case the whole plot beyond the wall might as well not exist. The Others could also come south and kill everyone in Westeros, which is probably slightly better, but still, it ends up being "I read 6 books about a bunch of people who died". Either way, I don't see a satisfying end to ASOIAF. GRRM leaving the series unfinished, might actually be desirable in that case.
In that case, I wish it had ended on ASOS.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

zalmoxes posted:

Mass exodus from Westeros, everyone flees to the Summer Isles to party. Book 7 is a massive orgy.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
It's all about the Summer Isles. They're right, you answer death with life. By life, I mean loving.

Jhalabar Xho is Azor Ahai.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Ambiguatron posted:

It's all about the Summer Isles. They're right, you answer death with life. By life, I mean loving.

Jhalabar Xho is Azor Ahai.

Did anything ever happen with Xho, I honestly can't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I can't remember, but does anyone in Essos ever stare into the distance and grimly tell us that winter is coming or is that just Westeros? Because it seems kind of silly to live on the one continent that's occasionally overrun by murderous baby-eating ice zombies when there's other places to live. You know, where simultaneously freezing and starving to death every decade or so isn't a worry.

gently caress me, I found a map. Essos is massive and underpopulated and there's even another goddamn continent down there called Sothoryos that has "jungles" and maybe some plagues but nobody knows.

Westeros is the stupidest place to live. The Starks are even stupider than I thought because not only do they live on the continent of ice zombies, but they choose to live right up the ice zombies' frozen asses. They're just up there, daring the Others to eat them.