Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Well this is weird. Zimmy is getting a mindworld full of weird Jack thoughts. And that's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I can't wait for this to all make sense because wow the hell is even happening here.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

These seem to be Annie's memories distorted. She and Jack are repeating the same lines they did during that night out chapter, and Zimmie does mention to be dealing with Annie's "many" boyfriends, which is to say, her memories of someone that could be mistaken as one.

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.
Looks like she's still in Annie's psyche. If I remember right their last meeting was him telling her he's in love with Zimmy, so now Zimmy is stuck with that part of her memories or something.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bitchtits McGee posted:

No, seriously.

Sorry, all I've got is the giant :psypop: whose eyes erupt into a bunch of tiny :psyduck:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Nah, that's a little... violent for this page, thanks. I'm confused as all get-out, but not really horrified. Maybe if this was like the Jones thing earlier and they were all nakeGOOD GOD WHY AM I EVEN THINKING THIS :gonk:

On second thought, maybe I will take it.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I know this Jack repeated the line he'd told Annie back then, but I can't shake the feeling that he's the real deal and not just a memory.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

YF-23 posted:

I know this Jack repeated the line he'd told Annie back then, but I can't shake the feeling that he's the real deal and not just a memory.

Welcome to Zimmy's perspective, all the time.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I'm assuming Regular Face Jack is just one of the more convincing illusions, like Kat when Annie was helping Zimmy the first time. Reminds me of Inception, when the dreamer becomes aware of the outsiders. Annie recognizes Zimmy, so that whole weird, unresolved confrontation with Jack is bubbling up.

Interesting that Annie sees herself as wearing the mask when deflecting Jack's "I love Zimmy!" bombshell with, "but she's crazy!"

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
The thing in the page that I find most interesting is the fact that Annie is wearing the mask when she makes that comment on Zimmy. Back then, she was hiding her true feelings on the matter. Maybe she doesn't really think that Zimmy is crazy and is only saying it to avoid looking weird herself. Or she is hiding her disapointment/hurt feelings because she actually did like Jack.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Wili posted:

Or she is hiding her disapointment/hurt feelings because she actually did like Jack.
I don't think she knows/knew for sure whether she likes him at all or if it's just ~teenage hormones~, but she sure as hell wasn't gonna just sit there and be shot down for some other girl without lashing out at everyone involved. So yeah, she probably doesn't really feel that way. I mean, she's pals with a horrible spider monster so I don't think Zimmy really fazes her all THAT much, even if Zimmy is human(ish).

Still, poor ol Zim-Zam can't catch a break. Doing some free ether plumbing to fix a problem for a friend and now she's stuck getting past-insulted and groped by nobodies. No respect, I tells ya.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
So I guess perhaps this wasn't something her father did, it's just that he was hurting her by his absence (symbolized by his facelessness). It might have been just another stop on the whirlwind tour of Antimony's various relationships and the conflicting feelings they engender.

Or maybe it is all his fault and we're going to get back to him eventually in this chapter. Since he is a complete bastard.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
At least now we have a much firmer idea of Jack's chances with Zimmy :v:

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Rasamune posted:

At least now we have a much firmer idea of Jack's chances with Zimmy :v:

Well, it wasn't a no...

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

"Bleagh!"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
"Dammit, Carver! I don't wanna know about yer million boyfriends!"

This chapter has been great for Zimmy avs :allears:

e: beaten on making the Zimmy av

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Zenzirouj posted:

Well, it wasn't a no...

Ah, another fellow PUA enthusiast, I see! A no means a yes. A bleagh nothing but her trying to push you away to fight harder for her. Girls love that. It's why we PUAs are so great with them!

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

E: Whoops kinda forgot to resize that first one to 125x125

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 6, 2012

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

C'mon Zimmy Zims, if you go rooting around in someone else's subconscious like this you are obviously going to hear a thing or two about her million boyfriends :rolleye:

Saoshyant posted:

Ah, another fellow PUA enthusiast, I see! A no means a yes. A bleagh nothing but her trying to push you away to fight harder for her. Girls love that. It's why we PUAs are so great with them!

Annie really is being a great wingman here, swooping in from behind to respond to Zimmy's poo poo-test with some light negs. Really salvaged the whole sarge. Remains to be seen if Jack can bleagh-close before Gamma shows up or he might have to go AMOG on her! I hate that I know what any of this means

Hammer Backspace
Jan 3, 2011

we're gonna throw a world domination slumber party and we're not inviting any boys!!!!

loquacius posted:

Annie really is being a great wingman here, swooping in from behind to respond to Zimmy's poo poo-test with some light negs. Really salvaged the whole sarge. Remains to be seen if Jack can bleagh-close before Gamma shows up or he might have to go AMOG on her! I hate that I know what any of this means

Hey, who says the way to a girl's heart isn't by creating an indecipherable space-language so you can approach her like she's a video game instead of a human being?

Joking aside, this Jack guy is operating on a whole other level. He's in there and he doesn't even have a face!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

loquacius posted:

C'mon Zimmy Zims, if you go rooting around in someone else's subconscious like this you are obviously going to hear a thing or two about her million boyfriends :rolleye:

Oh man this kind of talk makes me miss the Reddit thread.

How many pages are we in? I really want this chapter to be over with. Not because I'm not enjoying it, but I want to know what is actually happening.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Saoshyant posted:

Yeah, you can't just give up every time a girl pulls you into her nightmarescape hell-reality and infests you with brain spiders. Otherwise us guys would never get any action.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Bleagh! means Bleagh!, full stop.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

quote:

"Dammit, Carver! I don't wanna know about yer million boyfriends!"

Looks like ~*somebody's jealous*~

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I think Annie was just jealous that Jack wasn't into her, even if she didn't like him either. So now Annie and Zimmy are jealous of each other.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

You guys realize Zimmy can be calling Jack Annie's boyfriend for no other reason than she's a jerk and doesn't care right?

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Cowcaster posted:

You guys realize Zimmy can be calling Jack Annie's boyfriend for no other reason than she's a jerk and doesn't care right?

Yeah, the "million boyfriends" comment is most likely related simply to Zimmy suddenly having a very revealing insight into Annie's more "intimate" thoughts in relation to people like Kamlen, Jack, and...Jones? (just kidding, looking back on the relevant page it actually looks like Jones is just the one giving her the mask, and the thing with Kamlen fizzles and he leaves when she puts it on. This makes me think there's more backstory to stuff we don't know about yet that happened while Annie was in the forest).

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
^ except Zimmy and Gamma together hinted that Jack WAS closer to Annie than she'd like to admit at the end of Springheeled.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I get the feeling that this event will be the trigger for Kat to get serious about all this spirit junk. We've seen how she reacts to feeling helpless, so I expect she'll be getting into ether computing or something. Especially when she compares herself to Gamma, who's a lot more vital to Zimmy than Kat is to Annie. I get the feeling that if Annie became as broken as Zimmy, Kat would pretty much play the exact same role.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

The boyfriends comment also probably refers to that green dude.

edit: :downs:

I tried to show this comic to a friend yesterday, but she already reads it!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zenzirouj posted:

I get the feeling that if Annie became as broken as Zimmy

That's a pretty scary picture there: Annie would probably be a near-autistic pyrokinetic walking disaster zone :ohdear:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
So what's the over-under on this chapter making sense after tonight's update?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Fried Chicken posted:

So what's the over-under on this chapter making sense after tonight's update?

I don't think you can apply over-under to something like that. That'd be for a bet on *when* this chapter starts to make sense. I think I'd set the bar at... 4.5 updates, although I think I'd still take the over pretty confidently there. Maybe 5.5.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
You ask "What's the line on {X}" - someone calls the line, then you call over or under based on the line.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Hahaha. Zimmy took that better than I was expecting.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
She's probably used to it which is kind of sad!

Either way GOOD THROW ANNIE

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Moving to the other coast had a bonus of GKC updates three hours earlier. :getin:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I'd take the under if 4.5 is the bar. If it doesn't make sense by the end of next week (3 more updates) then I fully expect it to start making sense at 4.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

FutureSushi posted:

Either way GOOD THROW ANNIE
How she managed to do that from a headlock is this chapter's biggest mystery thus far.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

The best part is imagining how that looked from Kat's perspective. Zimmy just gets sent flying.