Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

On the off chance someone around DC wants to make some cash with what's probably an easy repair, I'm selling my VFR. The Craiglist listing is here.

The ad explains the issue, and you can see some of my attempts to fix it over in the What did you do to your bike today? Thread. I've got a couple bites since I posted, but not a whole lot. I'll take $2200 from someone here.

Also, if anyone's interested in the DRZ in the background, I'm looking to get rid of that, too. Nothing at all wrong with it, I just don't really ride much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Are you sure your bike doesn't think the kickstand is down?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

n8r posted:

Yeah, this. Check that the clutch switch is ok, that the kickstand switch is ok, and your problem is likely there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

n8r posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress. Be right back.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

n8r posted:

I was going to ask that earlier but for some reason I didn't post. The bike would likely lurch forward and stall out if it was indeed some kind of clutch problem, I think.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Okay! So, I went to fire it up, and it will no longer start. All the lights go on and it turns, but it won't fire. I'm going to recharge the battery and give it another go. I imagine fresh gas will help, as well, but I can't do any of this tonight, anyway, so, off the market at least temporarily.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

If this is the problem I believe I am due 10% of any money you make over $2200...

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Welp, I always wondered why people make angry ads on CL, now I know. Three months of dealing with broke idiots and jackasses constantly, of which 90% of all sportbike owners are. Spending half of my workday responding to dumb emails, sitting around waiting for people to show up who never do, on and on.

The 636 has been sitting for 2 months, I really don't feel like riding it anymore and I relisted it for $4000. I won't take a penny less, mostly out of spite and not wanting to give some lowballer the satisfaction. Maybe I'll part it out instead since the plastics are good and it has a lot of aftermarket parts.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/3067008530.html

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. $4k is a great price, hopefully it gets someone sane biting.

Ps why don't you like riding it anymore?!

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Just lost interest, especially since I got the WRX. I took a few last rides on it and was just meh.

Plus I want to dump money into both supermotos and buy a new road bicycle. :mmmhmm:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thats exactly why I traded in the Bandit, too many retards on Craigslist. Yeah, I didnt get as much on trade as i would have selling outright, but I got the bike I wanted and was out of the dealer in 30 minutes. Done deal.

I realize you cant trade yours since you already bought a new bike. The key is to just be a dickhead in your ads. I'd still ramp yours up some.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Eh I just want it sold so I can fix up the Husky before the next race.

Trading it in would've been quick but I got the WRX for 4k. With dealer fees it'd probably be close to 7k and bone stock too.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
edit: all sold

hayden. fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 19, 2012

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

edit: soldddddd

hayden. fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 15, 2012

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

hayden. posted:

And finally I have a Dainese Wave G back protector that's in like-new condition. Asking $60 shipped.

Can it replace any brand jacket's back protector, or is it only made to fit in a Dainese jacket?

Email me: redacted

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 10, 2012

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

It measures 9.5" across at the widest point if that helps.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I picked up a set of 3 givi cases years ago and I've never used the smaller side cases because nobody likes to make mounts for Aprilia sportbikes. At any rate here are the two sidecases - both in quite good shape. One case has a somewhat decent scratch that I took a picture of. The other case has a bit of fraying with the straps. I have 4 keys for these cases - so if I sell them separately you'll still get 2 keys. The locks are the same for both cases - so if you want both you only need to carry 1 key.

http://imgur.com/a/kcfbQ

Here is a link to the album - I'll take paypal.

$130 for the one in without the scratch + shipping (UPS ground)

$120 for the scratched one + shipping (UPS ground)

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

hayden. posted:

Also have a pair of Icon Field Armor boots, size 9, that I wore maybe 50 times. I lowsided in them once so the buckle is scratched, but holy hell do these things protect you well. They're very stiff. They're also clean and smell nice.

http://imgur.com/a/KSzzt

$40 shipped or best offer, half of which will probably be used for the shipping cost.

Are those 9 U.S.?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Synonamess Botch posted:

Are those 9 U.S.?

Yes

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

hayden. posted:

I got a Dainese Zen leather jacket, size 48 (Euro). I got this when I was a skinny teen and it fit fairly well then, but being 5'11" the sleeves were a little too short. I imagine this would fit thin to average guys between 5'6" and 5'9" pretty well. As you can see with my girlfriend modeling, it doesn't fit women well.

It's in good shape and has no damage besides some small scuffs on the left elbow (camera flash makes it look worse than it is), but it was worn for about two seasons of riding, so it's got some minor wear. The edges of the lettering that's sewn on doesn't lie perfectly flat, but it was like that when I bought it brand new. Also comes with an integrated back protector, all the default armor, and the cold weather liner.

Here's a link to the imgur album. Model is 5'4" for reference, the sleeves are a little too long for her.

http://imgur.com/a/Aq0rZ

Asking $150 shipped or best offer.

Think this would be absolutely comical on a 6'1 dude?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ghostnuke posted:

Yes. Like, gauntlets MIGHT cover the sleeves when you're standing.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I have a 50 Dainese jacket and I'm 6'2" and I have to wear full gauntlets and even then they barely fit over the sleeves. :geno:

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Ghostnuke posted:

Yeah, I'm 5'11" and it's wearable but the sleeve falls about an inch below my wrist bone. It's fine with a long gauntleted glove but I wouldn't recommend anyone taller than I wear it.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Augh I wear a 9.5 and those would be perfect :( any chance they run large?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I searched around online, found one person saying they run half a size large and another saying they're true to size. My shoe size seems to differ drastically between brands so I have no idea what size I really am. I'll try them on tonight and see how snug they are, I haven't worn them in over a year so I don't remember.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

hayden. posted:

Yeah, I'm 5'11" and it's wearable but the sleeve falls about an inch below my wrist bone. It's fine with a long gauntleted glove but I wouldn't recommend anyone taller than I wear it.

I like the look of that jacket so I looked for it new but didn't see it on Revzilla. Is it discontinued or something?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

If you can't find it for sale online then I would say it is probable. Now it's a collectors item! Price raised to $12,000!!!!

Synonamess Botch posted:

Augh I wear a 9.5 and those would be perfect :( any chance they run large?

I measured my foot stepping on a ruler that's backed against a wall and my heel touching the wall. My foot was 10.5" and the boot fits perfectly. I wouldn't recommend buying these boots if your foot is any longer.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 11, 2012

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

hayden. posted:

If you can't find it for sale online then I would say it is probable. Now it's a collectors item! Price raised to $12,000!!!!

Argh, now I'm obsessed with that jacket and I can't find it anywhere. Curse you! :arghfist:

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

You could buy mine and get it tailored! I imagine most won't go this cheap and I bet $150 for the jacket plus $100 to get it tailored will be about as much as you'd spend on it most anywhere else.

Or here's a larger one on eBay for $280, you could dye the colored parts black:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dainese-Zen...r#ht_500wt_1413

hayden. fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 12, 2012

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

hayden. posted:

I measured my foot stepping on a ruler that's backed against a wall and my heel touching the wall. My foot was 10.5" and the boot fits perfectly. I wouldn't recommend buying these boots if your foot is any longer.

I just did exactly that and my foot was a hair under 10.5" so I'm going to buy these boots from you. PM me if you have plat and we can exchange paypal info or however you want.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Send me an email at xxxxxxxxx and we'll get it done.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 12, 2012

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
Sent.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Gnaghi posted:

Welp, I always wondered why people make angry ads on CL, now I know. Three months of dealing with broke idiots and jackasses constantly, of which 90% of all sportbike owners are. Spending half of my workday responding to dumb emails, sitting around waiting for people to show up who never do, on and on.

The 636 has been sitting for 2 months, I really don't feel like riding it anymore and I relisted it for $4000. I won't take a penny less, mostly out of spite and not wanting to give some lowballer the satisfaction. Maybe I'll part it out instead since the plastics are good and it has a lot of aftermarket parts.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/3067008530.html

Sold finally!

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Hurrah, the ex-636 club expands forth. :unsmith:

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

hayden. posted:

I got a Dainese Zen leather jacket
Asking $150 shipped or best offer.

Any takers for $125 shipped? About to go put this on eBay.

edit: sold

hayden. fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 19, 2012

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

hayden. posted:

If only, sorry dude. : /

If it makes you feel any better, you're costing me like $650 for a new Dainese and back protector. :P

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I'd love to buy it but my arms would be a bit too long, because I'm 5'11 with the Neanderthal build.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Z3n posted:

I'd love to buy it but my arms would be a bit too long, because I'm 5'11 with the Neanderthal build.

As opposed to a knee and/or thigh build, like me.

oh my god that was so bad i am so sorry

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Ghostnuke posted:

If only, sorry dude. : /

If it makes you feel any better, you're costing me like $650 for a new Dainese and back protector. :P

They're a good investment. Extremely high quality and it felt much safer than my textile jacket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.

hayden. posted:

I'll bite. It might be a bit big in the chest but for that cost, how can I go wrong?

Dzus fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 19, 2012