Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
So I'm stopped at the Chevron on my motorcycle ride home yesterday and having just thrown my leg over and backing up I notice something in my mirror. Turning to look I am greeted by a filthy old man in a power chair. Sallow faced and toothless he grins and says;
"Do a burn out."
Rock on crazy old dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenix Knives
May 7, 2012
Went to a donut shop. Haven't been to one since I was a kid.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Was driving home kinda bored listening to the usually pretty lovely hard rock/metal station play Disturbed or something boring like that. Then Balls to the Wall by Accept came on. :rock:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Felt sick during work but was hella productive, and had a good chat with my boss in which he told me he'd teach me everything he knows (which, after reluctantly putting up with bullshit "need to know" policies is like the heavens opening up). Made homemade nachos with the wife, cleaned like a madman, and then went on a spur-of-the-moment errand to Target to get a new router since the old one kicked the bucket. It works great.

Tomorrow we get to go to her school's prom in the City and have a picnic with our friends on Sunday!

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
Went to a kick-rear end Gogol Bordello show last night. :woop: I caught a drumstick Eugene tossed into the audience. I took a better look at it this afternoon and it turns out that not only is it a custom stick for the band, but it's also signed by the drummer.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I beat The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the 3DS today.
It's notable because it is the first time in my life I have had patience to play the game all the way through.
Liked it so much I went back and kicked Ganon's rear end two more times.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I feel so free from getting out of a difficult relationship! I hope in a few weeks/months I can have my friend back.

It rained pretty heavily, and although it was scary to drive in it, I really enjoyed it.

I'm also retouching my hair, I definitely look better with darker hair. It is a shame that lighter shades are so exciting. I'll also do my nails.

I'm wearing awesome jewellery.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I saw some old friends, and learned that I'm thought of as someone who used to be fat, but now isn't fat. It's kind of stupid, but with self-esteem as low as mine, it made me feel happy.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Sweet As Sin posted:

I feel so free from getting out of a difficult relationship! I hope in a few weeks/months I can have my friend back.

The best part is when you realise that the hardship is over, and you're actually truly "free" again.

Congratulations. :)

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
This year has been a pretty rough one. I pretty much dropped off the grid as far as my friends were concerned. All I did was go to work and go to the gym. Oh, and I also grew my beard and hair. It had been a year (well, 11 months and a week) since I last shaved, and last week, I shaved. I miss my beard, but I love the compliments I am getting.

The reason I shaved is because I auditioned for Legally Blonde: The Musical yesterday. Today we had dance auditions, and they were horrible, but I'm looking forward to starting this show.

Pretty awesome to be the only straight guy in a production with a ton of ladies.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Made a cool rainbow cake, cake fell apart after icing it. But had some backup cupcakes made, and with some little sticker add-ons, the replacement cakes look pretty drat good!

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
After years of upgrading lovely machines, I built my first computer from scratch with shiny new parts. I salvaged the power supply and a couple cables from the old one, so there was a distinct possibility that I would ruin both machines.

I'm posting from the awesome new build now :D

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Bought a new car and changed my state residency, and my new drivers license picture actually looks good :cheers:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got to watch a video of Dave Mustaine getting chased off stage by an angry rock throwing mob.

Deadcell27
May 11, 2007

Quick, before he comes back!
Got my last exam result, meaning that I've finally finished this university course.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I got paid today, it was my first paycheck to include the commission I'm now getting. I like my new paycheck.

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009
Saw the DVD set of Planet Earth and Life on Amazon the other day for $29.99 and thought to myself, drat, that's a good price for a ten disc set, and promptly ordered it. Turns out Amazon goofed and it was supposed to be $65. Apparently a lot of people had their orders canceled, but mine came today. gently caress yea.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

For the past three days I've slept late, gone for a bike ride, smoked, read my book in my favorite outdoor spot, and played a ton of disc golf. Plus I saw Prometheus last night, and it kicked rear end.

To top it all off it's Friday night, and I have a big bottle of tequila.

novak
Aug 8, 2006

Turnin' on the screw
Did my first muscle up at crossfit this morning! Completely strict and as controlled as can be. Felt good!

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
I spent the day playing in the mud to the delight of the neighbors. Now we have day lilies, Siberian iris, bearded iris, arctic willow, hydrangea, hibiscus, and cattails in what used to be a smelly, festering, mosquito-attracting bog in our shared front yard. (Nobody remembers me posting about the first bog I had two years ago, but that's now a beautiful wetland and garden. This is a second bog in a different part of the yard that started a month ago. Did I mention I live in a place so devoid of water, towns were only made possible by massive water engineering projects and canals hundreds of miles long?)

AltoidsAddict has a new favorite as of 10:39 on Jun 10, 2012

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I have lost 8kg so far. I had a derby bout today and had this picture taken:
http://imgur.com/Sttuo

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Spent all night with two of my oldest, best friends playing Crash Team Racing and laughing at foreign TV shows with some strange website that lets you do that. Then a few trips to Sonic Burger and IHOP to pick up food, all while telling crazy stories and bringing up embarrassing moments of the past.

One of those totally unforgettable brotastic times.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
I got the part in the musical I auditioned for. I'm the UPS man in Legally Blonde. The only thing that sucks is that I have to cut my glorious hair. I love my hair.
:( But, the upside is: Tons of hot ladies for the pickin'. :pervert:

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009

peepoogenderparts posted:

I got the part in the musical I auditioned for. I'm the UPS man in Legally Blonde. The only thing that sucks is that I have to cut my glorious hair. I love my hair.

Congratulations!

Today I made plans with my friend to see A Streetcar Named Desire in the fall. :) gently caress yeah, theatre!

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I was up before 5am -- on a Sunday! -- but it was worth it. Money raised for the city animal shelter, lots of happy people and so many adorable dogs. Big ones, small ones, fluffy ones... it was a parade of them and they were all so cute. Dogs in large quantities all super excited to be at the park is the best.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

Congratulations!

Today I made plans with my friend to see A Streetcar Named Desire in the fall. :) gently caress yeah, theatre!

Thanks. And you're right, theater rocks!

And because I have to be "studly" I get to work out every day for the next seven weeks while still working and rehearsing. I will have gone from a year of having next to no friends and being a complete hermit, to someone who barely spends any time at his apartment. And I'm totally ready for it.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Notified this morning that a friend of mine is finally getting let out of prison after several miscarriages of justice in the last seven years. Had a pretty productive but relaxing day of work and set myself up well for tomorrow while the boss is gone. My wife - a teacher - is two days away from summer. Got tons done tonight while watching the Thunder (and the Dodgers) win, and got a nice card in the mail. And after speaking with our neighbors on Sunday, they have chilled out a LOT. It's weird not to have anything - anything at all - about which to complain. But birthday weeks are always awesome, and a good time to check my attitude for the other 51 weeks of the year. :D

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 06:04 on Jun 13, 2012

Eponymous Bosch
Aug 11, 2010
I got to walk today for the first time in 3 months since an accident broke my foot in three places and I had to have surgery. Never been so happy to use the stairs or just make a mug of tea and carry it over to my desk.

:woop:

ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

Founder and President of The E/N Log Cabin
I rode a bike for the first time in 20 years today. Feels good, man. Well, actually, I hurt a whole lot. But that's the awesome part!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

A friend told me I'm one of the most consistently witty/interesting people on her Twitter feed.

All those months of posting stupid pics and out of context quotes and lines finally paid off!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

peepoogenderparts posted:

This is perfect because you get to make a lot of remarks about your "package." :haw:

My day is awesome because I learned that apparently, people like me and think I'm funny and stuff. I used to have pretty low self-esteem, so that's kinda cool, I guess. And I started playing the first Max Payne, so that's been fun.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Another hella productive day at work, more soccer and sunshine tomorrow, great weekend taking shape, and learned that the loud neighbors are moving out in two weeks!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
Did shabu-shabu with a good friend then came home and made 3 types of cookies, banana bread and set my slow cooker to make chili verde. Tomorrow is going to be delicious :)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I lost my job in October after a dispute over a bunch of unpaid work and expenses. The job/ugly ending was so mentally and physically draining that I didn't really start looking for work until yesterday.

I had an interview today, after submitting one resume. Later, they offered me a job. It's unionized and eventually I'll make twice as much as I've ever made (I'm 32 years old).

I'm in shock. I was expecting to spend months trying to secure a miserable $12 an hour job, and now I can look forward to not being in poverty for the first time in my adult life.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Local movie theater was playing The Untouchables for its 25th anniversary. I love seeing old movies in theaters.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I resisted quitting my job for another day, and I didn't get fired (really thought I was going to do one of the two this morning...).

also went to see Prometheus in 3D after work and had the entire theater to myself.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!
I got paid today, and it's also our discount day at work, so I'm gonna get an awesome haul! My store manager and I got to have a good couple hours bullshitting at work yesterday since it was just us working the store, which is always a good time since he has a million awesome stories.

I met this guy who's the sweetest person ever, and he tells me the cutest things :) I also get to go to a baseball game with him tomorrow!

I'm also getting really close to being able to afford my own apartment again, so it means I won't have to sleep on this couch for very much longer, and I can actually entertain company again!

And it's supposed to be over 70 degrees all weekend.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
:siren:MY PROBATION IS OVER AFTER TODAY:siren:
:toot: :slick: :parrot: :dance: :holy: :mmmhmm: :neckbeard: :woop: :snoop:

:feelsgood:

Two goddamn years.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Today I completed my PhD work.

While this in itself is already awesome it is even more awesome because I never finished high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

theHUNGERian posted:

Today I completed my PhD work.

While this in itself is already awesome it is even more awesome because I never finished high school.

I would love to hear how this happened!

Content: drove 18 hours and nearly 1,000 miles this weekend - which is nice to know is possible - and saw family and friends, hitting up two Father's Days, a wedding, and a birthday. So good to be back home, loaded up with a few more baked goods than we can handle. Baseball games, another birthday, and plenty to keep me busy this week!