Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

idiot mactard cat

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

ahhh spiders posted:

pbr tastes like rear end

you would know!!!! :xd:

Feb 8, 2008
I find as I get older I like beer that has a mellow flavor and isn't super bitter or hoppy as hell... also PBR is hella cheap and I've been drinking it for over 10 years, so I pre-date hipsters I guess?
Beer chat itt

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

All american macrobrews are poo poo hth

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

aaaagg castte

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

the humane society gave me 6 weeks of free cat insurance and i went to get a quote for permanent cat insurance and it said my cat is too old :catstare:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

7734 posted:

I find as I get older I like beer that has a mellow flavor and isn't super bitter or hoppy as hell... also PBR is hella cheap and I've been drinking it for over 10 years, so I pre-date hipsters I guess?
Beer chat itt

grolsch and spaten premium both meet this metric, you should try them

Feb 8, 2008
grolsch is pro, first beer I ever bought legally. never heard of spaten, but then again I live in a lovely hippie town in WA where everyone seems to go out of their way to drink the bitterest IPA's they can...

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

no beer chat

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
drink the beer you like, gently caress what anyone says about it

especially loving hipsters

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation
Drinkke beere, pette cattes!

Pet catte drinkke beere

Beere drinkke pette a catte?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Underwater Shoe posted:

Drinkke beere, pette cattes!

Pet catte drinkke beere

Beere drinkke pette a catte?

acceptable beer post

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

peepsalot posted:

wait, people have catte insurance?

....people dont?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Resplendent Spiral posted:

yes so that they don't need to choose between spending 8k+ or putting down kitty

actually its more like £1000 all in

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

Pissflaps posted:

....people dont?

pet insurance isn't terribly common in the us

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

CaptainMeatpants posted:

the humane society gave me 6 weeks of free cat insurance and i went to get a quote for permanent cat insurance and it said my cat is too old :catstare:

who can really say how old a particular cat is???

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

relative_q posted:

i've started seeing these quick pet insurance plans for sale at the grocery store. there are all these cards on a rack and you choose one and take it to the checkout lanes.

the cards for pet insurance were next to the cards for human insurance.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

relative_q posted:

thats weird id have thought it would be more common than here in the UK because of you guys having medical insurance

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Deuterieux posted:

i've started seeing these quick pet insurance plans for sale at the grocery store. there are all these cards on a rack and you choose one and take it to the checkout lanes.

the cards for pet insurance were next to the cards for human insurance.

well which one do you choose for your fetlife contacts

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
if youre in the UK and reading this and need pet insurance i cant recommend petplan highly enough they were great with our last cat who died

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
i've been considering getting pet insurance but only if it covers preexisting conditions, my cat has some sore gums or something that the vet said might lead to the teeth needing to get removed if they cause trouble, also she has a weird cyst on her forehead that's been there for a long time. Vet said it was a cyst of some kind and not cancer or anything at least.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Ronald Raiden posted:

i've been considering getting pet insurance but only if it covers preexisting conditions, my cat has some sore gums or something that the vet said might lead to the teeth needing to get removed if they cause trouble, also she has a weird cyst on her forehead that's been there for a long time. Vet said it was a cyst of some kind and not cancer or anything at least.

My cat had a lot of teeth issues and a cyst and she had Bartonella. We cured her though and now she doesn't get those things and also she doesn't get pink eye very much any more. Also lots of cats have those things and don't have Bartonella.

This is Ghost in a banana box thinking about it.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

ChairmanMeow posted:

My cat had a lot of teeth issues and a cyst and she had Bartonella. We cured her though and now she doesn't get those things and also she doesn't get pink eye very much any more. Also lots of cats have those things and don't have Bartonella.

This is Ghost in a banana box thinking about it.

yea, the cyst doesn't seem to bother her at all, and she hasn't had anything other than the cyst and the teeth stuff and the vet didn't mention it, so I bet it's not that (I guess the gum/teeth infections is a remnant of upper respritory as a kitten that just sticks around in cats). Her gums aren't actually as red now, last I checked.

post more pics of ghost, also, tia.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

if youre in the UK and reading this and need pet insurance i cant recommend petplan highly enough they were great with our last cat who died

doesnt sound like they were that great

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-7A1q5Eg0

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

wait, cattes aren't covered in NHS?

well then who cares if they are on the chopping block?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Pissflaps posted:

There's a Petplan USA as well, any other thoughts on pet insurance in the USA? I feel like this is something I should really look into, because I'm crazy about cattes.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Didn't a cattethread poster spend like $10k+ on their cat a while ago? Wanna hug that catposter.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Dead Man Posting posted:

wait, cattes aren't covered in NHS?

well then who cares if they are on the chopping block?

by the time NHS picks up the phone your cat will be dead

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Recently bought cat insurance.

Far cheaper than paying for even one thing.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

ahhh spiders posted:

pbr tastes like rear end

how do you know what rear end tastes like???

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

funhilde what do you think about making squid hats for cats, like the stuffed squids, but for wearing

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

graph posted:

there are some pi posters with teddy avs

has teddy been posted in pi ??

teddy is for yospos.

what the

i don't even have a teddy av, what is going on

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

also. we have been eating dinner outside a lot and since our yard is all fenced in, we just prop the door open and let zoey, teddy and mindy go in and out as they please. here are some photos from tonight

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

hey teddy

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
god dammit teddy.

I really wanna pet that cat.