Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

thrakkorzog posted:

It's all fun and games until you give Ian an SMG.

The combat system of the early Fallouts really falls apart when you consider that in a full suit of power armor you can eat multiple rockets to the face, then die to the occasional lucky crit. That's a combat system that needed some serious rebalancing.

I like the bizarre results you get, like winning a boxing match by your opponent accidentally knocking himself out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Jesus tapdancing Christ, I just now realized that Victor isn't ONE Securitron, but rather several different Securitrons throughout the Mojave that House injected the Victor AI into. That's why neither a straight run from Goodsprings to Novac nor following the roads would net me any Mojave encounter with that irritating bastard.

:suicide:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I quite like it

Fallout's combat could have done with some lite-tactics features from full on tactical strategy games like JA2. For a given weapon type, there's just very little variation in approaching battles. Smarter/controllable companions would have probably gone a long way in broadening that variety.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

D34THROW posted:

Jesus tapdancing Christ, I just now realized that Victor isn't ONE Securitron, but rather several different Securitrons throughout the Mojave that House injected the Victor AI into. That's why neither a straight run from Goodsprings to Novac nor following the roads would net me any Mojave encounter with that irritating bastard.

I came back from completing HH on my latest run only to be greeted with "FANCY MEETIN' YOU HERE, FRIEND!" immediately upon loading in. Terrifying. Victor seems to show up in the weirdest places.

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind
So Honest Hearts was a real mixed bag. Very linear, too easy. Terrain was lovely and I liked the design of the different tribes, but I felt like Joshua Graham's story made little sense. The way I played it, since I'm a murdering rear end in a top hat, is I decided to drive out the White Legs from Zion. This made sense to me - from the beginning they're painted as an evil, invading force that's slaughtering tribes that are not warlike. So you get to Daniel and he kinda comes out as a defeatist pussy - an invading force shows up and you think you should just round everyone up and leave the valley to preserve the tribe's "innocence?" Naw son, gently caress that.

So I roll out with Graham at the end and the final fights are pretty enjoyable, but could have been done better. I like the idea of having to fight a running battle across wide terrain, but the enemies came in predictable groups, and with my high perception I sneak-crit one-shot-killed most of them. (Except that one sniper fucker who actually shot and broke my loving Sniper Rifle with one shot.)

Then you get to the end of the river bend where Salt-Upon-Wounds is, and he's cowering there while Graham coldly executes a bunch of his White Legs commanders. And SUW is begging for his life, saying Graham is crazy? Huh? So I passed the Speech check to have Graham not kill him, and then I blew SUW's head off.

It seemed really disjointed and a waste of an opportunity with Graham. He's such a cool character and the the "morality" themes of Zion could have been explored in a less hackneyed way.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Raw_Beef posted:

It gets unplayable in large fights like the slavers in the den. Xcom did it better but it had hidden movement to negate things like showing 15 slavers exit a door and run down the street and miss 100 times with thier 10mm pistols.

I remember killing the Shi leader for the Hubologists and then having to fight all of San Franciso. That took a while.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Someday, when I get a pc capable of running NV, I hope I can find a mod that adds Moira from FO3 as a companion. I think it's entirely believable that she could go out exploring the Capital Wasteland, get lost, and end up in the Mojave. :3:

I also love that her wasteland survival guide is the Survival skill book. :)

Also, to the poster who can't do the killing spree play through, I'm the same way. However, I love the fact that those options are there. It feels so much nicer to be a goody-goody when I had every opportunity to be literally the devil.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

I think even diehard Fallout fans will admit that the combat in 1/2 is objectively bad

I know after watching the Tim Cain retrospective that followers were added in Fallout 1 as almost an afterthought, but I remember some speculation about Fallout being a more tactically oriented game back when it was a GURPS game.

The Fallout combat is "fun" only in that it's fun to watch the death animations. Watching some rear end in a top hat raider NPC's corpse jitter around and hearing him scream as you pump him full of machine gun bullets is way more fun that what we got in the new Fallout games, which was shooting a raider rear end in a top hat NPC with an assault rifle and watching his head slice cleanly off his neck like an action figure while listening to his decapitated head yell "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT?" :allears:

It also has enemies that can critically fail, which is fun as hell if you take a 10 Luck Jinxed melee character and beat the poo poo out of people while their guns explode in their hands.

The main thing that kills it is the fact that you get insta heal stimpaks you can use an unlimited number for the low, low price of 4 AP to open your inventory. In both games I've built characters with Barter and Gambling at tag skills. Once you get Gambling to 100%, you have instant, infinite caps. So my FO1 character bought every stimpak in the game. All of the stimpaks. It makes your character invincible unless some enemy crits you.

Maybe someday some insane modder or maybe a team of indie game developer will make a Fallout-like game with Jagged Alliance combat.

Feats of Strength
Feb 9, 2012

Man, If god told me to sacrifice my son I'd tell
him to fuck off.
One of the best thing's I liked about Old World Blues, most likely a little thing that wasn't even intended is that James Urbaniak who voice acted Dr. Venture in the Venture Bro's, does the voice for Dr. 0 in the DLC.. I like to think that this is a little nod towards venture bros :)

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

Cicadalek posted:

I came back from completing HH on my latest run only to be greeted with "FANCY MEETIN' YOU HERE, FRIEND!" immediately upon loading in. Terrifying. Victor seems to show up in the weirdest places.

There was a playthrough where I walked into Novac and then headed to REPCONN and finished Come Fly With Me. I came back, got my hotel key, and slept in my new bed... Only to wake up with a "FANCY MEETIN' YOU HERE, FRIEND!" from Victor, who apparently broke into my room and watched me sleep.

I abandoned that room after that.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Do we know what triggers that? Is there a formula based on time played, distance talked, or is it pretty much random?

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Feats of Strength posted:

One of the best thing's I liked about Old World Blues, most likely a little thing that wasn't even intended is that James Urbaniak who voice acted Dr. Venture in the Venture Bro's, does the voice for Dr. 0 in the DLC.. I like to think that this is a little nod towards venture bros :)

Having a voice actor who has done other things is a nod toward those other things?

I guess Matthew Perry voicing Benny in New Vegas is a nod toward Friends, then.

(there is an actual Venture Bros. reference in OWB if you have Wild Wasteland activated)

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.

RagingBoner posted:

Having a voice actor who has done other things is a nod toward those other things?

I guess Matthew Perry voicing Benny in New Vegas is a nod toward Friends, then.

(there is an actual Venture Bros. reference in OWB if you have Wild Wasteland activated)

To be fair the whole setting of OWB and its SCIENCE! theme is a direct paralell to the same themes in Venture Brothers. They both drew on the same concepts and in no small part do i think VB influenced the gags in OWB, and if James Urbanik was not Doc Venture for the last 7 years they wouldntve included him as the self concious underahcieving kinda whiney doctor O. They made a character like Doc Venture to be voiced by Doc Venture. Take whatever else as you will.

Now if benny's apartment had a Joeybot hanging out, and a room across the hall where monicabot and rachelbot lived, then there would be a Friends-Fallout connection. IIRC Perry liked Fo3 enough he practically volunteered for the role in NV.

I never played Wild wasteland OWB, what is the true VB ref? god i hope its two skelletons in Hank/Dean clothes at the bottom of some easily avoided trap.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Raw_Beef posted:

To be fair the whole setting of OWB and its SCIENCE! theme is a direct paralell to the same themes in Venture Brothers. They both drew on the same concepts and in no small part do i think VB influenced the gags in OWB, and if James Urbanik was not Doc Venture for the last 7 years they wouldntve included him as the self concious underahcieving kinda whiney doctor O. They made a character like Doc Venture to be voiced by Doc Venture. Take whatever else as you will.

Now if benny's apartment had a Joeybot hanging out, and a room across the hall where monicabot and rachelbot lived, then there would be a Friends-Fallout connection. IIRC Perry liked Fo3 enough he practically volunteered for the role in NV.

I never played Wild wasteland OWB, what is the true VB ref? god i hope its two skelletons in Hank/Dean clothes at the bottom of some easily avoided trap.

From the wiki:

vault wiki posted:

In the Magnetohydraulics complex are four robots known as walking eyes. One can be seen directly to the left, two others are in the flooded room to the left - one on the ceiling above the door frame and one on the desk. The last one is perched on top of the flooded room on the left corner (if you leave the flooded area and are on the crosswalk, jump and you will see it). This scene is a reference to the robotic spider in The Venture Bros. episode Fallen Arches. Also the robotic spider is one of the many references to Jonny Quest in The Venture Bros., as the show is heavily based on the 1964-65 show and seems to take place in the same universe decades later. Jonny Quest himself becomes a character in later seasons after its creators realized during the first season that Cartoon Network's parent owned Jonny Quest and began using the actual characters. The robotic spider is in the opening of both Jonny Quest and The Venture Bros.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Raw_Beef posted:

Some walking eyes lying around in one of the smaller locations.

0 also yells about remembering to wash the walking eyes over the loudspeaker sometimes when you're just wandering around outside. :3:

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Did they ever fix the holorifle bug where it never loses condition?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

D34THROW posted:

I kinda thought he was a construct like Yes Man and can override any regular securitron. It's just rather than be designed for codebreaking and being hilarious, his programming is basically

code:
10 BE A COWBOY
20 GOTO 10

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Eiba posted:

Easiest way to see the difference between the world of New Vegas and the world of 3, to me, is to just look at Sloan. It's a tiny, out of the way settlement, doesn't really affect the story. The story never really takes you there, though it is close to where you start. But everything about it is affected by the world. It's an NCR mining town that's full of NCR citizens, who are only there because of the NCR railroad that runs near the area (the same one the Powder Gangers were working on), and they have a lot to say about the flow of traffic through the region, and the economy of the NCR, and so on.

Can you imagine a town like that in Fallout 3?

Can you imagine any location that builds the world in Fallout 3, and isn't just an isolated gag?

Sounds like someone isn't remembering that one town that consisted of two shacks, a brahmin and a girl who loved soda. Maybe you didn't realize this, but there's a soda plant also in the game!

If that's not world-building, what is :colbert:

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.
Did anyone else get the impression that cannibalism was rather widespread in Fallout 3?

Agrarian efforts are limited to the hydroponics in Rivet City. Settlements are reliant almost entirely on imports, brahmin, and mirelurks. Trade itself is limited to the four individuals willing to walk the land. Canterbury Commons, the sole trading post aside from Megaton, has five people. Yet there are literally hundreds of raiders and an "army" of Super Mutants.

Coupled with the prevalence of gore bags and fresh corpses stored in bathtubs, it becomes clear that Super Mutant and raiders alike sustain themselves on human flesh.

This is an incredibly stupid idea.

Normally, I'd write this off as laziness. The Blood Ties quest, however, leads me to suspect that this was intentional. All told there are seven NPCs who espouse that their desire to eat others is inherent. In fact, the game categorizes these NPCs as having neutral karma despite murdering and eating others.

The "good" ending of the quest requires the player to negotiate with the group. Opting to simply kill the murderers or call their leader a "psycho," will result in the player earning negative karma from self-defense.

The central character of the quest, Ian West, admits to murdering his own parents without provocation. He simply couldn't control his desire to eat people.

I began this post in jest, but Bethesda needs to let whoever is responsible for these storylines go.

Merry Magpie fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 9, 2012

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
No wonder you can't reason with the raiders, the prions have driven them batshit.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

So I'm liking my Energy/Explosives heavy weapons guy a lot now that I've picked up GRA. I'm trying to decide how to specialize his perks, I'm not sure how useful the explosives-based perks are. An extra 25% explosive radius seems kind of a bad idea for anything besides 25mm grenade weapons, and considering how often I get to bust out Esther since we finally have access to more than 11 mini nukes (GRA types only though) in the entire game ever, and Big Kid rounds require incredibly careful shots as it is to not hurt yourself. 3 perks into 20% explosives damage each is a pretty big perk sink; the big weapons are super lethal as it is. Hit The Deck seems like a good investment, if they finally fixed that bug where it only worked if you were currently wielding an explosive weapon. And I wanted to use power armor for a change, but losing my travel light movement speed I always use for a movement penalty is grating.

There are some annoying bugs though since I've picked up the DLC. I seem to get locked in V.A.T.S not firing sometimes ever since I picked up OWB and Lonesome Road, and I've died because of that more than once. The Tiny Tots don't have the sound effect they're supposed to when you fire, and worst of all Cleansing Flame has no blue flames, its entirely invisible. No point in using a flamethrower with no flames. I've reloaded all my DLC hoping that would solve it but I guess not. No hopes for a patch for the 360 at this point too I assume.

I really want to play a 1-handed assassin run with Katana/Sleepytyme/hand grenades. Low enough perk requirements to make it work well for a Logan's Loophole run to avoid enemy scaling from going out of control while using maxed Turbo and Rushing Water to blaze through any sword fight with insane attack speed.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Broken Box posted:

So I'm liking my Energy/Explosives heavy weapons guy a lot now that I've picked up GRA. I'm trying to decide how to specialize his perks, I'm not sure how useful the explosives-based perks are. An extra 25% explosive radius seems kind of a bad idea for anything besides 25mm grenade weapons, and considering how often I get to bust out Esther since we finally have access to more than 11 mini nukes (GRA types only though) in the entire game ever, and Big Kid rounds require incredibly careful shots as it is to not hurt yourself. 3 perks into 20% explosives damage each is a pretty big perk sink; the big weapons are super lethal as it is. Hit The Deck seems like a good investment, if they finally fixed that bug where it only worked if you were currently wielding an explosive weapon. And I wanted to use power armor for a change, but losing my travel light movement speed I always use for a movement penalty is grating.

There are some annoying bugs though since I've picked up the DLC. I seem to get locked in V.A.T.S not firing sometimes ever since I picked up OWB and Lonesome Road, and I've died because of that more than once. The Tiny Tots don't have the sound effect they're supposed to when you fire, and worst of all Cleansing Flame has no blue flames, its entirely invisible. No point in using a flamethrower with no flames. I've reloaded all my DLC hoping that would solve it but I guess not. No hopes for a patch for the 360 at this point too I assume.

I really want to play a 1-handed assassin run with Katana/Sleepytyme/hand grenades. Low enough perk requirements to make it work well for a Logan's Loophole run to avoid enemy scaling from going out of control while using maxed Turbo and Rushing Water to blaze through any sword fight with insane attack speed.

I always wondered what Greased Lightning + Slayer + Rushing Water + Piercing Strike + Turbo would look like. I don't think anything could survive it.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Merry Magpie posted:

Did anyone else get the impression that cannibalism was rather widespread in Fallout 3?

I always got the feeling from the Fallout series that cannibalism wasn't needed to survive, and the only people who did it were evil bastards who actually enjoyed it. Sure, there's lots of poor communities in the post war world, and some resources are streched pretty thin, but I always got the impression that, between farming, the surplus of pre-war food, and meat from mutated animals, that there was enough food for the basic needs of people.

That, and the advanced nuclear technology for power and the surplus supplies of the pre-war world, means that it's not only possible to survive in the wasteland, but to thrive, like the NCR is attempting to do.

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 10, 2012

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Did they ever fix the holorifle bug where it never loses condition?

On the PS3 version at least, I'm pretty sure the Holorifle's condition breaks down pretty fast.

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

OldMemes posted:

I always got the feeling from the Fallout series that cannibalism wasn't needed to survive, and the only people who did it were evil bastards who actually enjoyed it. Sure, there's lots of poor communities in the post war world, and some resources are streched pretty thin, but I always got the impression that, between farming, the surplus of pre-war food, and meat from mutated animals, that there was enough food for the basic needs of people.

That, and the advanced nuclear technology for power and the surplus supplies of the pre-war world, means that it's not only possible to survive in the wasteland, but to thrive, like the NCR is attempting to do.

I dunno, did you ever read all the Survivalist's terminal entries in Honest Hearts? That part where he talks about the Vault refugees resorting to cannibalism was pretty chilling, and you could see how common it probably was.

(By the way the Survivalist storyline in HH was one of my favorite parts of any Fallout games.)

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Argali posted:

I dunno, did you ever read all the Survivalist's terminal entries in Honest Hearts? That part where he talks about the Vault refugees resorting to cannibalism was pretty chilling, and you could see how common it probably was.

(By the way the Survivalist storyline in HH was one of my favorite parts of any Fallout games.)

Of course there's going to be a lot of chaos and anarchy in the first few years after the war, with people doing horrible things just to survive. By the time of Fallout 1 (which is what, 80 years after the war?) people have started to develop communties - you can see evidence of farming, education, trading and law and order in the towns. So by about 200 years after the war, things seem to have become more stable - there's still poverty and raiders, but there's also a lot of fairly safe and civilised places. The slavers, cannibals and other low lifes are pretty much shunned in most places, and seem to be the exception, rather than the norm.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Argali posted:

They were also turning into monster plant men.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I'm the expert on this. From a simple, scientific perspective, cannibalism is a remarkably inefficient way to get energy, and, as a commonplace thing, wouldn't be sustainable for any period of time beyond a few years. For longer periods of time, it would have to be a considerably rare thing, or relegated to small bands of cannibals.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm the expert on this. From a simple, scientific perspective, cannibalism is a remarkably inefficient way to get energy, and, as a commonplace thing, wouldn't be sustainable for any period of time beyond a few years. For longer periods of time, it would have to be a considerably rare thing, or relegated to small bands of cannibals.

Well it is a way for a group of practical and forward thinking individuals to remove competition for scant resources by turning those competitors into sandwiches. Win-Win!

Welp, we don't have enough water and crackers to last the trip to the promised land. Going to have eat Bill from accounting.

Berk Berkly fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 10, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Berk Berkly posted:

Well it is a way for a group of practical and forward thinking individuals to remove competition for scant resources by turning those competitors into sandwiches.

Welp, we don't have enough water and crackers to last the trip to the promised land. Going to have eat Bill from accounting.

The accountants must always be the first to go.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Why is it inefficient? Wouldn't it be about the same as eating any other kind of meat?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sam. posted:

Why is it inefficient? Wouldn't it be about the same as eating any other kind of meat?

Humans are a top level predator so they would consume entities with higher levels of energy compared to say, cows.

Basically, unless you're only eating vegetarians it's always going to be more efficient to eat an herbivore than another human.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wolfsheim posted:

I always wondered what Greased Lightning + Slayer + Rushing Water + Piercing Strike + Turbo would look like. I don't think anything could survive it.

I'm not sure how it looks on pc but on console even without turbo you end up punching so fast half of your punch animations don't even register. This ends up with the animation of you glancing at an enemy and having them explode into chunks without you ever touching them.

It's glorious. :allears:

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

computer parts posted:

Humans are a top level predator so they would consume entities with higher levels of energy compared to say, cows.

Basically, unless you're only eating vegetarians it's always going to be more efficient to eat an herbivore than another human.

Well, now I'm curious. Is there something specific to predator meat that makes it less nutritious than herbivore meat, or is it simply a matter of how hard it is to get? You give me nothing but a sharp rock and tell me that my choices for dinner are Sue from HR, or an African Buffalo. Morality and prion issues aside, I'm much more confident I can take on the HR lady. (OK, not Pam from HR.)

Everything, I've read from people who have eaten predators like dogs and lions is that it's really greasy and gamey. (That's just for mammals. From personal experience reptiles like snakes and alligators taste like chicken.)

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
It's really just a question of numbers. People need way more calories to survive for any reasonable length of time than they contain. For this reason, cannibalism cannot provide a even a meaningful fraction of a stable population's calories - any that occurs would have to be infrequent and done either in response to short-term crisis or for reasons more ceremonial than practical, or else would have to be a small number of cannibals preying on a significantly larger non-cannibalistic population.

The nutrition is fine, but if people eat people with any regularity, they very quickly start to run out of people.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Sam. posted:

thrakkorzog posted:

Well, now I'm curious. Is there something specific to predator meat that makes it less nutritious than herbivore meat, or is it simply a matter of how hard it is to get? You give me nothing but a sharp rock and tell me that my choices for dinner are Sue from HR, or an African Buffalo. Morality and prion issues aside, I'm much more confident I can take on the HR lady. (OK, not Pam from HR.)

Everything, I've read from people who have eaten predators like dogs and lions is that it's really greasy and gamey. (That's just for mammals. From personal experience reptiles like snakes and alligators taste like chicken.)

Like computer parts said, in a very general way, for every level you go up in the food chain, only about 10% of the prey's energy is transferred to the consumer. So if you add one or two extra steps in that food chain, you can reduce the consumption efficiency by 90% or 99% per pound. For calories, alone, it is immensely more efficient to eat herbivores (like cows) or vegetables.

There's nothing special about carnivore meat, but it's just the idea that being a secondary or tertiary predator is much more wasteful than being a primary predator or vegetarian.

But me? I'm a carnivore. 4:20 eat meat every day :clint:

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

But me? I'm a carnivore. 4:20 eat meat every day :clint:

Fair enough. If we're ever stuck on a deserted desert island with each other, we can settle the argument about who wears the hot dog costume through the manly arts of fisticuffs.

An if we ever end up in something like The Road at a bbq, we can just avoid eye contact and move on.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 10, 2012

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Look at it this way: for the same starting resources, you can eat thousands of pounds of vegetables, or you can eat hundreds of pounds of cow, or you can eat dozens of pounds of human.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
this thread got weird but at least its different topics this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

Raw_Beef posted:

this thread got weird but at least its different topics this time.

I'd really to like to see some updated guided put out for New Vegas that take into account the add-ons. So many new weapons and perks were added that a lot of previous walkthroughs don't make as much sense.