Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Sadly, I guess I have to abandon my "UU and uu are on B2-Earth, even later" theory, as it's hard to be on a planet contained in a universe that gets destroyed by Red Miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

KoB posted:

Im pretty sure Roxy told her, she just doesnt really believe it.

Roxy told her ages ago, Jane didn't believe her, but then today she did the whole "I've decided I'm going to believe everything you tell me" thing, so presumably she's extending that to the shades.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I imagine being magically transplanted into a video-game dimension, and then meeting a freakish alien blood-merchant, has done a great deal to make Jane a little more credulous.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Update. Seems like Jane is deploying all the gadgetry in the same locations that Dave put all of Rose's stuff. And the callback pile doesn't stop getting higher.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

AR is being so cagey. It's making me nervous.

Dirk is like the human version of Vriska (lots of irons in the fire, very aggressive with his relationship pursuits, likes to puppetmaster), so I'm a little afraid AR, representing a younger, more impulsive Dirk, is going to do something very dumb.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

Bobulus posted:

Dirk is like the human version of Vriska (lots of irons in the fire, very aggressive with his relationship pursuits, likes to puppetmaster), so I'm a little afraid AR, representing a younger, more impulsive Dirk, is going to do something very dumb.

I straight up do not trust the sunglasses. I got nothing to back that up. But if my guts were a geiger counter, and instead of geigers they countered ulterior motives, they'd be making that clicky geigers detected noise right now.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bobulus posted:

I remember a ways back the AR talked to Dirk about Dirk's plan to woo Jake, and I can't remember if Dirk wanted to be Jake's server or client, or if he actually said. Either way I think it's telling that the AR has gone ahead with its plan instead.

Also worth noting that the current server/client chain seems to be Jane -> Roxy -> Jake -> Dirk, which does not have any relation/similarity to the B1's chain as far as I can tell.

ALSO also worth noting is that the AR is proposing breaking the server/client chain a bit, by getting Dirk (who would be last usually) in before Jake.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

This feels more like how Rose, Dave and Jade all took turns deceiving John. Admittedly in Rose's case it was "for his own good" omissions and Dave's case it was "don't worry it's just time poo poo" misdirection and Jade's case it was "cryptic vision time!" obfuscation, but everybody hid stuff from John.

That always seemed to go badly for them (you know, since everyone was getting played by Doc Scratch and Lord English, and nobody was really as in control or on top of things as they thought) and I can't imagine it'll go any better here.

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL

Mazerunner posted:

I remember a ways back the AR talked to Dirk about Dirk's plan to woo Jake, and I can't remember if Dirk wanted to be Jake's server or client, or if he actually said. Either way I think it's telling that the AR has gone ahead with its plan instead.

Also worth noting that the current server/client chain seems to be Jane -> Roxy -> Jake -> Dirk, which does not have any relation/similarity to the B1's chain as far as I can tell.

ALSO also worth noting is that the AR is proposing breaking the server/client chain a bit, by getting Dirk (who would be last usually) in before Jake.

I'm pretty sure the Shades are doing basically what Dirk wanted. Dirk is already the server for Jane, and if the connections are going to be at least semi-normal, the only other option connection-wise with Jake is for Jake to be his server.

The order isn't as clean and circular "the server helps the client in then that server enters as the next client and this repeats" but the end result is the same.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Okay I TOTALLY thought I was seeing Bec Noir's shadow there for a second.

Also: Jane. :ohdear:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Holy poo poo things just keep getting worse. :ohdear:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
gently caress, what does this mean for Dad? :ohdear:

I mean Jade speculated back in Act 5 that guardians dying is a normal part of Sburb, but still. :(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

For some reason it's always funny to see a Strider break his cool facade.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
This is such a debacle that it just grew fangs and is now calling itself Count Debacula

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Graceful Graveler posted:

Say what you will about the fanbase on Tumblr, but drat if they don't help you notice the most minor/secretly critically important of things:

But what does it meeaaaan? :tinfoil:

That Hussie likes to re-use art assets.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Oh. Well then, this doesn't bode well for either of them.

:ohdear:

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Um... I'm no encyclopedia on homestuck, but is there precedent for transportalizers from planets to derse/prospit?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
There was the one from Rose's planet to the ectobiology lab in the Veil. Not that much of a difference between the Veil and Derse/Prospit.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Desfore posted:

Um... I'm no encyclopedia on homestuck, but is there precedent for transportalizers from planets to derse/prospit?

I think they were shown when PM and AR went back and forth from John's land to Derse, during the package retrieval fiasco. And as mentioned, some from the kid's planets to the Veil.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I just thought of something, aren't there two frog temples in this post-scratch Earth like there were back on the troll planet in 5.1? Doesn't that mean there's another ringed Jack in the time capsule somewhere?

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Unguided posted:

I just thought of something, aren't there two frog temples in this post-scratch Earth like there were back on the troll planet in 5.1? Doesn't that mean there's another ringed Jack in the time capsule somewhere?

Jack was in one of the frog temples for the Pre-Scratch Earth session, but it looked different from the temples we've seen on Post-Scratch Earth. Apparently only the meteors carrying the kids were split, and the frog temples in this session are a product of itself, which makes sense as G-Cat is most likely from one of them.

(Although there's no reckoning, it seems that some meteors may end up getting sent off anyway. Skaia will presumably still portal away whatever's thrown at it, so presumably kicking a meteor at it with rockets would still have the same effect.)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

quote:

DAVE: weird
DAVE: why would these alt universe players gently caress up in such an obvious and stupid way
The mystery unravels.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Tumblr's having a huge meltdown over Jane going into the teleporter, despite what AR said. Apparently, people seem to think that Jane should've known there was something bad behind the teleporter and not used it, even though there was no indication (besides AR's lovely warning that didn't reveal that bad things were happening on the other side) until it was too late.

Also, if you're a teenager suddenly thrown into a dangerous situation, you should sit on your rear end and help your buddy that your computer-glasses pal has already indicated will be fine since you've already got things set up for her. Looking for your dad that you love very much is something only dumb bitches do.

Oh Tumblr. :allears:

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 10, 2012

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I am shocked, shocked that Tumblr Homestuck fans - the very same group that cultivated an immediate and irrational dislike of half the newly introduced female characters due to ~*shipping reasons*~ - would have bad opinions.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 10, 2012

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
I have to wonder who you guys follow on tumblr because I never see reactions like that. Are you just going through the Homestuck tag or something? Because yes I will agree that place is awful (though usually it's just full of really bad fanart).

As for the update itself, I have a prediction: Dirk's dreamself bites it saving Jane somehow, like Jade did with John. I wonder how Dirk will react to having that huge part of himself just... gone. Especially since he's been in aware in both places basically forever.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Idunn posted:

I have to wonder who you guys follow on tumblr because I never see reactions like that. Are you just going through the Homestuck tag or something? Because yes I will agree that place is awful (though usually it's just full of really bad fanart).

I just go through the Homestuck and certain character tags. Normally you get poo poo some high school freshman/sophomore doodled in class, mediocre to bad cosplay, and whining about shipping, but occasionally you can find some good stuff.

I'm eagerly awaiting the day I find a Homestuck Tumblr post about shipping with a trigger word warning. It will be (almost) peak Tumblr in one easy package.

Seoinin posted:

I am shocked, shocked that Tumblr Homestuck fans - the very same group that cultivated an immediate and irrational dislike of half the newly introduced female characters due to ~*shipping reasons*~ - would have bad opinions.

Tumblr proves that women can be just as misogynic as men, at least if they think a woman could interfere with their sexual fantasies. :v:

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 10, 2012

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Idunn posted:

As for the update itself, I have a prediction: Dirk's dreamself bites it saving Jane somehow, like Jade did with John. I wonder how Dirk will react to having that huge part of himself just... gone. Especially since he's been in aware in both places basically forever.

If this happens, I wonder if he'll still end up having waking and dreamselves active at the same time, but will be in dream bubbles instead for his dreamself side. I mean, mind Dirk is already there, but who knows.

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

nerdbot posted:

Oh, and of course let's remember that the last act's curtains will be white as seen in the final room here ...

Aw man, it took me this long to realize that Calmasis is depicted a grimdark ... human ? Wonder what that means for uu/UU/Rose.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Boneless Jogger posted:

If this happens, I wonder if he'll still end up having waking and dreamselves active at the same time, but will be in dream bubbles instead for his dreamself side. I mean, mind Dirk is already there, but who knows.

It'll turn out that mind Dirk is actually dead dreamself Dirk and that he was talking about a figment of Jake's mind just to gently caress with Jake. :unsmigghh:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Assuming Dirk and Roxy never met up, this may very well be the first person Dirk has ever seen (awake). If I were an optimist, I'd hope they'd get to talk a bit after they escape the Miles, but I'm a realist and I'm going to assume Dirk's dreamself is going to die defending Jane.

Midnight Raider posted:

Jack was in one of the frog temples for the Pre-Scratch Earth session, but it looked different from the temples we've seen on Post-Scratch Earth. Apparently only the meteors carrying the kids were split, and the frog temples in this session are a product of itself, which makes sense as G-Cat is most likely from one of them.

(Although there's no reckoning, it seems that some meteors may end up getting sent off anyway. Skaia will presumably still portal away whatever's thrown at it, so presumably kicking a meteor at it with rockets would still have the same effect.)

Yeah, it seems like the different sessions got different Frog Temples. I'm of the opinion, though, that with no Reckoning in this new session, Something is going to happen to propel the new Frog Temple to B2-Earth. Not sure what yet. Someone suggested maybe the arriving Troll asteroid-lab is going to smack into the Frog Temple's meteor and knock it into Skaia, pool ball -style.

Idunn posted:

If you want to get reaction posts and avoid the terrible fanart, try the tumblr tag 'upd8'. Seems like people are using that, since just 'update' would lead to too many non-Homestuck posts showing up.

...unfortunately, yeah, people seem to be over-reacting to this for some weird reason:

quote:

JANE YOU STUPID loving oval office, HOW IS IT THAT YOU’RE THE “LEADER” OF THIS GROUP. GOD gently caress.
#homestuck #jane #i want to rub a cheese grater #across your stupid #little #face

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
What the hell. Jake what are you doing here? When the hell did you get into the medium. Guess we'll be jumping to another character shortly.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

havenwaters posted:

What the hell. Jake what are you doing here? When the hell did you get into the medium. Guess we'll be jumping to another character shortly.

What the hell is right. Man, all we need is Roxy now. :v: (Please don't actually let Roxy be there. :ohdear:)

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
How the gently caress did Jake get to Derse, much less actually get into the game in the first place? I suddenly understand jack-poo poo.

But hey, at least this gives Dirk his chance to be a hero and swoon and flirty with Jake by saving him. :v:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

havenwaters posted:

Yeah this makes....zero sense. Jake should be the last one in, only connecting after Roxy is already in the game and has time to be server-player for him.

Clearly shenanigans are afoot in those other scene selections.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
And what in the name of Jesus H. Dick is HE doing here?

I am suddenly reminded of the description of how Dirk's confession to Jake would go down. I am now 90% certain that is related to these recent events, and indeed previous events we are not yet privy to were manipulated to ensure this outcome.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
I am going to laugh forever if it turns out Dirk was like "what is she doing here" not because she's in danger, but because she's ruining his chance to confess to Jake.

Though Jake would probably just be annoyed, since dream-Dirk is yet another alternate Dirk and not the one he wants to talk to, which is also pretty hilarious. At this rate Dirk and Jake will finally get to talk in time for the four year anniversary, and Dirk's confession will be on next Valentine's Day.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
You know what would be awesome? If Dirk saved Jane, and then realizes that Jake is there only for Jake to get killed on the next page.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

jonjonaug posted:

You know what would be awesome? If Dirk saved Jane, and then realizes that Jake is there only for Jake to get killed on the next page.

Alternative: Dirk has to choose between saving Jane and saving Jake.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I'm gonna guess there's a transportalizer to Derse in the Frog Temple that we're going to see when we get to Jake's part of the "choose your character" thing, which would explain, well, a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
There's also the fact that he just got the tower ball room out of his inventory, and that room has traditionally held the fourth wall, which in this universe seems to have been stolen by Jade from Derse. I think it contained some way of getting to Derse or the Medium at large.