Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Riptor posted:

My girlfriend's coming with me to the Boston show :smug:

She's a keeper. You better get down on one knee at that show and get Jonathan to sing "Every kiss begins with Kaaaayyy...." to you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Some of you are going to have to quit you your jobs and leave your girlfriends, they're not coming back to Boston for a long time, and who knows if they'll even keep doing the podcast. I know my girlfriend kept me from going to an Uhh Yeah Dude show in LA, and now she's gone an I'm the sucker.

Talking about such an awful thing should be probateable in this thread. :colbert:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

mcvey posted:

Talking about such an awful thing should be probateable in this thread. :colbert:

Have you ever imagined what it would be like if Johnathan and Seth were 60 year old dudes doing a lasercast to your brain pod?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Have you ever imagined what it would be like if Johnathan and Seth were 60 year old dudes doing a lasercast to your brain pod?

Yes. I imagine Seth still having the 'Dance and a subscription to Playboy as well.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
I don't care where I was in the world or what sort of commitments I had; I would make it back to America to go on an Uhh Yeah Cruise.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Was checkin' out the boys Wikipedia page, and someone awesome tweaked the external links to Jogger's MySpace page and to Seth's IMDB page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhh_Yeah_Dude

I was not disappointed.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Did you hear? Chote's army blew up Biffin's Bridge. So many casualties, so much collateral damage.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

AltronHGX posted:

I just started listening to this from some recommendations a couple weeks ago in the comedy podcast megathread and jesus this show is amazing. I can't even explain at all what I like about it yet, but I can easilly see myself marathoning all 330 episodes throughout the rest of the year already. I tried to do that with Joe Rogan last year (babby's first podcast) but I got real burnt out around 50 deep- I don't see that happening with UYD.

I've been jumping back and forth between their most recent episodes from this month and last, to their very first episodes in 2006 and there is absolutely zero, ZERO shift in quality in either direction, they're always solid good. How is that possible? Also, how old were they when they started the show? They sound so different in the 2006 episodes, especially Jonathan.

Another weird thing I'll add is after listening to 10 or so episodes I was imagining Seth to look like a weird bizzaro Steven Buscemi :shobon:

I realize this is from like 4 days ago, but I want to strongly urge you to listen to the show in order from the beginning without skipping around. They refer back to a lot things and there's almost a sort of mythology that builds up around them as characters over time. You'll get a lot more out of it listening to it in order.

Oh, and go to their YouTube page and watch the clips from episodes in the 120's that they recorded in the studio. The show's more fun once you can picture their mannerisms as you listen. "Parenting" is my personal favorite.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 1, 2012

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Turns out I have an inside connection at the Paradise and two tickets already have my name on them :ninja:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Oh Jesus, the conversation Seth and Johnathan have near the end of 225 when Johnathan asks Seth if a man could fall in love with another man and not have it be gay is amazing.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
So did I go crazy or something or was there no episode last week?? Are the boys taking a week off?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I've been dipping back into some vintage autumn 2011, and the bit where Seth mentions doing a show at his old school has so much added meaning now they're going to Boston. No excuse.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

a starwar betamax posted:

So did I go crazy or something or was there no episode last week?? Are the boys taking a week off?

There was one, you must have had a cray-cray week

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
"sorry none of your merch has shipped.... I spent the money on drugs..." :roflolmao:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Does anyone know the episode where Seth reads a bunch of letters that a listener had his Korean students write, and one letter is just a long tirade about some sort of minor island dispute between South Korea and Japan?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Riptor posted:

Does anyone know the episode where Seth reads a bunch of letters that a listener had his Korean students write, and one letter is just a long tirade about some sort of minor island dispute between South Korea and Japan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF99sXd6mig

It's from 297. Probably one of my favorite newish segments.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

so good. thanks man

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I looked up what the blind black guy from Becker is doing and apparently he's in a ska band and played Zimos in Saints Row 3.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
How can he be in a band if he's deaf??? :confused:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mcvey posted:

How can he be in a band if he's deaf??? :confused:

He's only deaf in one ear.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Seth was right...

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Drewsky posted:

Seth was right...

Jesus Christ, everytime I click this thread now this motherfucker shows up. I know Seth gets mailbox money for Crossroads, how much mailbox money does this guy get every month for being in a crazy movie 20 years ago???

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
The thing about ruffles this weeks was amazing.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The thing about ruffles this weeks was amazing.

Thats probably been the best thing I've heard in months.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I started from the very beginning as per some suggestions in the thread as i'm a new fan, I'm on episode 11 now, and during some random funny callouts they thanked some senator from Illinois for really no reason, a Mr. Barack Obama.

They recorded this in early 2006. This loving show :stare:

911 Ghost Dad
Oct 21, 2010

AltronHGX posted:

I started from the very beginning as per some suggestions in the thread as i'm a new fan, I'm on episode 11 now, and during some random funny callouts they thanked some senator from Illinois for really no reason, a Mr. Barack Obama.

They recorded this in early 2006. This loving show :stare:

You tell me, dawg...

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Spacecasters: The Uhh Yeah Dude Story

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
uhh yeah cruise sponsored by bad game dot net

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Anybody know where I can find a clip of the SNL skit featuring Johnathan as a youngster? It was on the SNL episode his pops hosted. The banter bros talk about it on episdoe 67 or 68.

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope

Anybody know where I can find a clip of the SNL skit featuring Johnathan as a youngster? It was on the SNL episode his pops hosted. The banter bros talk about it on episdoe 67 or 68.

Here you go:
http://www.55inch.com/jahnathan.php

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Thank you. You are a true saint. It was even better than I imagined.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
HOLY poo poo IS THAT JOHN CONNOR?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope

Thank you. You are a true saint. It was even better than I imagined.

I think that's one of the things I like about these guys, they don't over hype anything. If they say something is a panic attack, it's a panic attack. I recently listened to the episode where they recommend watching the documentary "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia", now that is a treat.

thecopsarehere
Jul 25, 2008

You gotta track down the original "Dancing Outlaw" documentary, less self aware and you get to see Jesco as a drat near youngin' compared to the new one. Haha, found this clip thing on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-_J4jsN4Ng

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Does Seth know this movie exists? Sounds like the kind of cinematic panic attack he would be into.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Does Seth know this movie exists? Sounds like the kind of cinematic panic attack he would be into.

NOOOOPE NOPE NOPE

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
The Nope King.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
Seth's nope during the adopt a cat month announcement was pretty classic. That's So Seth.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
What's up with the podcasts not downloading on iTunes and the website being down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

causticBeet posted:

What's up with the podcasts not downloading on iTunes and the website being down?
Jonathan died of a heroin overdose and Seth is using his mailbox money to move to South Korea.