Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.

Invalid Octopus posted:

I think a new product recommendations thread is a great idea, but I think you should keep it all-animal inclusive.

Great, as long as other people want to take on the task of covering other species I agree!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

paisleyfox posted:

:eng101: For those not in the know, this is Ayumi's first litter and she is from SFShiba's very first puppy cam litter and their fourth overall. Ayumi's mom has retired from having puppies (three litters) and most of their dogs have done very well with health testing and shows.

They've also been really sweet and started networking our rescue a little. :3:

I saw two ladies with five shibas between them at Petsmart today :3:

The Prismatic Goth
May 31, 2001

InEscape posted:

WHERE IS CRISCO THERE SURELY ARE KITTENS BY NOW!

It's been what, 5-6 weeks since he posted saying she was pregnant? Cat gestation is only 9 weeks...

I want frizz kitties!

I've just been thinking about this, too. And I totally dreamed about Frizz kittens last night; all adorable, squirmy little calico/tortie kittens and I somehow got sent one of them. If only......

Life sure hasn't been the same without a centralized thread for the adventures in Criscodisco magic fantasy cattery - no convenient place to harass for updates and pictures, for one. Come on Crisco, get in here and tell us about kittennnnsss

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone up on the blog?

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I would like a new product recommendations thread. I was bummed when the old one died.

ToiletOtter
Jun 18, 2007

Our Sammy singing a Serious solo Song.
Crisco's blog hasn't updated for 2 months. I do hope everything is okay and he's just rolling around in kitten piles all day.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

ToiletOtter posted:

Crisco's blog hasn't updated for 2 months. I do hope everything is okay and he's just rolling around in kitten piles all day.

The internet takes a poor second place to Cattes and kitten piles. :3:

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

Welp, I just spent the last two hours making an absurdly detailed writeup :words:. I'll wait through the weekend to see if anyone wants to do some of the other animal OPs and then post it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Robo Kitty posted:

Welp, I just spent the last two hours making an absurdly detailed writeup :words:. I'll wait through the weekend to see if anyone wants to do some of the other animal OPs and then post it.

What all did you nail down?

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

SuperTwo posted:

"The Dog Whisperer" was cancelled! http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/06/natgeo-cancels-dog-whisperer/ :toot:

Rumor is he's getting another show but I'm hopeful that it'll be a new premise and not focused on "training" dogs.

Nat Geo is giving him a new show called Leader of the Pack where he goes around "rehabilitating" less adoptable dogs. :(

http://www.cesarsway.com/newsandevents/entertainmentnews/TV-Show-Submissions

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
Ive uh. Always really liked Cesars collars... of course, I dont want to support HIM and buy it, so, are there any alternatives? Trying to find the material theyre made from, but they feel really nice and unscratchy like a lot of other collars. All I can find is that its 'woven fabric' ...

e: uh, to clarify, its not the illusion collar or whatever bs that is, but this http://source-www.petco.com/assets/product_images/6/606373812013B.jpg ..its SO soft!

Malalol fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 9, 2012

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

What all did you nail down?

Here's the table of contents. I think it'll have to be divided into two posts.

Cat Basics 101: Physical Needs
Food and water-related stuff
Litter and litterboxes, oops!
Scratching posts/nails
Vets, pet insurance, and microchips
Bad kitty! Stop that!

Fun and Entertainment: Emotional Needs
Toys
Cat trees and beds
Treats and catnip
Collars, harnesses, tags, and carriers

I don't have PMs but if you want I can email you the whole thing.

Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

You know the world isn't fair at all. Titles aren't fairly distributed either. In time you'll learn my son. -2Bit
Since I was recently asking about it myself, I think cleaning products for cat barf would be a good thing to add to a product recommendation thread. :)

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

Brillig posted:

Since I was recently asking about it myself, I think cleaning products for cat barf would be a good thing to add to a product recommendation thread. :)

I missed that, can you link me to the discussion? Maybe I'll make a separate section on cleaning up messes, I had just integrated Nature's Miracle into the litter section (aka "oops!").

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

I'm so excited! It's been awhile since I searched around the training groups in our area, but with puppy fever setting in, I started looking at them again. I found out the place I wanted to do general obedience with also trains for rally and formal obedience! I thought they only did agility, so I'm way excited, since they're all positive reinforcement based. The thing I'm more excited about, though, is I found a K9 Nosework class only 20 minutes away!! :dance: Seems like the sport is really spreading! Now all I need to find is a tracking group and I'm all set. :dance:

So with all this excitement, I'm feeling bad for Old Man Buddy, because I never did any of this stuff with him. Thing is, though, he would HATE going through everything! He has no patience for training, he'd really love to do the bare minimum to get his reward, and gets pissed/frustrated if you take too long. My reasoning is, why should I put him through training he doesn't want to to? I know he COULD do that stuff, but he'd be more frustrated than enjoy himself. I still feel bad, though. :(

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Best litterbox ever (for me). Home made version just as good I imagine. Seriously I went through many litterboxes before I found this one

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

ChairmanMeow posted:

Best litterbox ever (for me). Home made version just as good I imagine. Seriously I went through many litterboxes before I found this one

gently caress, Gabe would kill himself. He'd leap and go to head dive into it and splatter all over the top. My poor dumb boycat.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

So if anyone wants a dose of cute, here's my vicious dog attacking my vicious kitten.
But really its two cute critters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_W4GF-Sx8A

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

Siochain posted:

So if anyone wants a dose of cute, here's my vicious dog attacking my vicious kitten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_W4GF-Sx8A

That made my day. I love how the other cat discovers them at the end, and then walks away disdainfully.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

Ishkibibble_Fish posted:

That made my day. I love how the other cat discovers them at the end, and then walks away disdainfully.

Hahah, yes, Elphaba is not at all sure about Glinda yet. They get along decently, and are starting to play, but its only been a week or so. She totally does the same with Asa (our dog), but if Glinda is doing it - its weird ;P

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.

Siochain posted:

Hahah, yes, Elphaba is not at all sure about Glinda yet. They get along decently, and are starting to play, but its only been a week or so. She totally does the same with Asa (our dog), but if Glinda is doing it - its weird ;P

They'll become friends I'm sure :3:

Also, Elphaba but not Galinda?

Siochain
May 24, 2005

InEscape posted:

They'll become friends I'm sure :3:

Also, Elphaba but not Galinda?

Well, we figured we'd go with the "enlightened" Glinda :P Remember, she takes the "a" out - at least in the musical. I haven't read the books.
And yeah, they're getting close to being friends. Its acquaintances at this point.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Siochain posted:

Well, we figured we'd go with the "enlightened" Glinda :P Remember, she takes the "a" out - at least in the musical. I haven't read the books.
And yeah, they're getting close to being friends. Its acquaintances at this point.

I love the names. Saw Wicked twice. Once when it first opened, then again on my birthday, because I asked for tickets as a gift. :3:

There was a german short-haired pointer at work today. Such a strange looking dog. There was also a Shiba! :3: A little black and tan boy named Sy. Will upload pictures later.

There was a dog, which had a breed name I can't find. It looks a lot like a Mastiff, but it has a head with a slight curve to it, a little like a Bull Terrier. The breed is something with a P maybe?

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Bash Ironfist posted:

I love the names. Saw Wicked twice. Once when it first opened, then again on my birthday, because I asked for tickets as a gift. :3:

There was a german short-haired pointer at work today. Such a strange looking dog. There was also a Shiba! :3: A little black and tan boy named Sy. Will upload pictures later.

There was a dog, which had a breed name I can't find. It looks a lot like a Mastiff, but it has a head with a slight curve to it, a little like a Bull Terrier. The breed is something with a P maybe?

Could it have been a Presa?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Invalid Octopus posted:

Could it have been a Presa?

It could have been that, yeah. The dog was only 4-5 months. So possibly!

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes

Siochain posted:

:swoon: at those names. :) What cuties!

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.
My day was kind of lovely, how was yours? Would you like a kitten photodump?

Here's one anyway:

"Fluffy" (look we couldn't find a name for her ok?)

This girl is getting pre-adopted (hopefully) by a nice lady, which is good because Sarabi is so attached to her I think I'd become a foster failure if she wasn't snatched up. They eat together, they have bathtime and they cuddle at night. Breaking them up is going to be so hard!

Sarabi's really a great foster mom to all four kitties, constantly supervising and playing with them. Here are Dinah and Oliver getting baths:

Dinah went through an rear end in a top hat phase where she tried desperately to get at anything you were eating. Here she tries for my latte. Bad kitty! No lattes!

This photo is blurry but it's Bruce Wayne's best impression of Batman:

Boyfriend and Dinah have a special relationship. He keeps dropping hints that he wants to adopt her, I am ambivalent:

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

You're going to keep that cat. :3:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Yeah, that kitten has chosen. Once they decide, they don't give up easy.

Also bein fluffy is hard.

The last thing you see before *headbutt*

Riiseli
Apr 10, 2011
I'm not a BYB because I live in an apartment.
My friend's 14 year old Brittany Sally is visiting. She's bit of a hassle as she ate a decuple (10x) dose of carprofen on Friday. I actually had to pick her up from the vet's office, where her owner had to leave her before she left for the weekend. She was feeling pretty awful yesterday, but is noticeably better now. I do think I'll pick up some feed supplement for her to make sure she gets the energy she needs to recuperate. With a sick stomach her appetite isn't quite there although she'll eat some, but is a lot pickier than is normal even for her.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sigh. Apparently as soon as husband leaves the bedroom in the morning, Ires leaps up and goes to sleep on my feet.

She's as eager to please as Kaydee is. How do you dogs keep finding me? My chosen breed is a breed that stares at you like their brain just fell out of their ears when you tell them to come, because they've found a nice warm spot and they wanna lay in the dirt (fuckin. Balen anyway). What do I do with you happy, ready to please dogs?!

It's too hot right now and most folks hold obedience outside, but when it cools off I'll likely sign her up for some late puppy classes. I've taught her a bit and she learns relatively quickly and she's just so gleeful when she does something right.

A while back Balen had a problem at the dog park. The person that came out with us recently thinks that it's just certain dogs. He was on leash and off leash with two dozen different dogs (ages, sexes, unneutered, neutered, fluffiness/not fluffy, etc) and he did great. And then a malamute came in and he started getting kinda tense until he realized she just wanted to play.

So we're under the working assumption that Balen isn't super fond of malamutes/huskies but they're pretty baffled as to why. My dog is a breedist. :smith:

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

The prick ears and upright tail can set a lot of dogs off.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

My sister's dog is weirded out by them too, but she was attacked by one at a dog park when she was still pretty young, so we assume that's why.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

a life less posted:

The prick ears and upright tail can set a lot of dogs off.

See, I'd think this, but Kaydee and his cairn buddy make me think that there's also a size issue in there, too. We're going to go out with him a couple more times after it cools off some. I just can't expect a 7 year old dane to go prancing around in a shadeless area in 104 degree weather.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
I've been browsing Craigslist for used fish tanks and looking at cute dogs, and this ad popped up and made me :stare:

Female Cat For PETA-APPROVED HOME ONLY(Gresham)

Date: 2012-06-10, 9:22AM PDT
Reply to: cl garbage email deleted

Nina, is a 3 year old princess.
She is very loving and will come to the call of her name.
Shes like to sleep with her owner and will follow you around to show her loyalty.
We are moving out of state and will not beable to take ur pets with us.
We are members of peta and will be having interviews to place her in the right home.

So....do you interview people about their level of desire for animals to not be pets and THEN try to unload your cat, or what?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Sigh. Apparently as soon as husband leaves the bedroom in the morning, Ires leaps up and goes to sleep on my feet.

She's as eager to please as Kaydee is. How do you dogs keep finding me? My chosen breed is a breed that stares at you like their brain just fell out of their ears when you tell them to come, because they've found a nice warm spot and they wanna lay in the dirt (fuckin. Balen anyway). What do I do with you happy, ready to please dogs?!

It's too hot right now and most folks hold obedience outside, but when it cools off I'll likely sign her up for some late puppy classes. I've taught her a bit and she learns relatively quickly and she's just so gleeful when she does something right.

A while back Balen had a problem at the dog park. The person that came out with us recently thinks that it's just certain dogs. He was on leash and off leash with two dozen different dogs (ages, sexes, unneutered, neutered, fluffiness/not fluffy, etc) and he did great. And then a malamute came in and he started getting kinda tense until he realized she just wanted to play.

So we're under the working assumption that Balen isn't super fond of malamutes/huskies but they're pretty baffled as to why. My dog is a breedist. :smith:

My dog gets really freaked out by golden mixes and goldens. I think its because the first one he ever met freaked him out.

Riiseli
Apr 10, 2011
I'm not a BYB because I live in an apartment.
Now I'm seeing the benefits of having three dogs... The one in season finally gets her fill. When there was only two, the other always got tired. Not anymore. Now Naru, who is the one in season, actually went to lie down and the other two had to go and make sure she's really done for the moment. Healy is actually still making an effort to get her to stand up and doesn't want to share with TyTy. Silly gals...

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Didn't upload the pictures from yesterday, so here they are today!

First dude is a Shiba Inu, I think. Check out those eyebrows. :3:

This dude is the dude who is a weird breed, the name of I can't remember:

He's got a big overbite, so he's like a shark. :3:

And here's a Whippet. Whippet Good. :devo:

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Bash Ironfist posted:

Didn't upload the pictures from yesterday, so here they are today!

First dude is a Shiba Inu, I think. Check out those eyebrows. :3:

That is one happy, handsome Shiba. :3: Looks like he probably had a good wag donut going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

paisleyfox posted:

That is one happy, handsome Shiba. :3: Looks like he probably had a good wag donut going on.

Haha, I was hoping you'd see the pictures. His tail was SO curly. The most curliest tail I've ever seen. A wag donut is a great way to describe it, because that's what it was.

He was the first Shiba I ever met IRL, and he was very sweet. He'd sit there with a sort of 'oh, go on' expression while I pet his head, stroked his ears, and made stupid noises at him. :3:

• Locked thread