Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Huh, this is weird. A whole back I posted how I was having issues loading/logging in to SA using Safari. Well I narrowed it down to the goddamn network of all things.

When I'm on AT&T, I can't log in to SA at all. I can't either tether and log in on my iPad either. The second I join any wifi network, the log in goes through without issue. SA is the only site this happens with. Hell, it's not even me getting logged out. I'm on 4G - I get the "you need to log in". I turn on wifi, refresh the page and in already logged in and SA loads so it's like the cookie or whatever is there on my phone but it doesn't see it while I'm in the network.

The gently caress?

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
http://www.redmondpie.com/jukebox-for-ios-brings-extensive-control-of-the-music-app-through-notification-center-and-dashboard-x/

Were some of you looking for a Music Controls-like Jailbreak app for the phone now that the dev of Music Controls wasn't supporting? This looks promising.

(Downloading, will advise.)

[edi]t oh poo poo this is pretty slick!

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 8, 2012

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Feenix posted:

http://www.redmondpie.com/jukebox-for-ios-brings-extensive-control-of-the-music-app-through-notification-center-and-dashboard-x/

Were some of you looking for a Music Controls-like Jailbreak app for the phone now that the dev of Music Controls wasn't supporting? This looks promising.

(Downloading, will advise.)

[edi]t oh poo poo this is pretty slick!

Yeah, I grabbed it earlier this week. It's pretty nice and is about 90% there in terms of features. The only thing I wish it did is push down widgets that are below it when you tap to show the controls instead of sliding the controls over the widgets below.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Blinkz0rz posted:

Yeah, I grabbed it earlier this week. It's pretty nice and is about 90% there in terms of features. The only thing I wish it did is push down widgets that are below it when you tap to show the controls instead of sliding the controls over the widgets below.

Mine makes everything go down. The thing directly below it is my Calendar. It all moves down in sync? Am I misunderstanding your meaning?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Feenix posted:

Mine makes everything go down. The thing directly below it is my Calendar. It all moves down in sync? Am I misunderstanding your meaning?

Just looked at it again. It works fine on the regular notification center; just not quite right on LockInfo.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

I installed Sparrow+ to make Sparrow my default mail app and while composing from a site works, the notification center and lockinfo still use the default mail app. Am I missing something or is that the best outcome?

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
Is there any way to override my car stereo from taking control over my music app?

It's a really lovely implementation but I like that I can skip songs with my steering wheel. It just has this nasty habit of starting the songs in alphabetical order and it can only support up to 100 songs in a playlist.

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Ray was on a stool when he glocked the cow.

MickRaider posted:

Is there any way to override my car stereo from taking control over my music app?

It's a really lovely implementation but I like that I can skip songs with my steering wheel. It just has this nasty habit of starting the songs in alphabetical order and it can only support up to 100 songs in a playlist.

Try NoAccSplash, assuming you're on 5.x. I think the 4.x version is called NoAccessorySplash.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Bouchacha posted:

I installed Sparrow+ to make Sparrow my default mail app and while composing from a site works, the notification center and lockinfo still use the default mail app. Am I missing something or is that the best outcome?

Stupid question but did you go into the Sparrow+ settings and turn on the 'Default Mail' option? I'm running the latest version of Sparrow, Sparrow Push and Sparrow+. No issues with either Lockinfo or notification center after testing just now.

Other than that, I can't think of what would be causing the issue.

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 9, 2012

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog
Is there a good, reliable tool to backup Cydia tweaks that I have installed, or am I best to just scribble down and reinstall manually?

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I just updated and added a bunch of poo poo to the Goony Jailbreak Recommended Apps and Compatibility Info Spreadsheet Thing.

I had to leave "?" in the "price" column for some because, oddly, Cydia won't show me the price of a thing I've already purchased :( so if someone can fill in some of those that'd be nice.

dirtyfrog posted:

Is there a good, reliable tool to backup Cydia tweaks that I have installed, or am I best to just scribble down and reinstall manually?
Use the aptbackup dpkg method explained in the OP. At the very least usee AppList to generate and email yourself a list. Personally that's what I do, especially when going to a new iOS / JB version, since you never know which apps haven't been updated yet and may cause issues.

edit: wrong name

randyest fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 9, 2012

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

So I was trying to install Siriport on my iPod and rather than digging back through the thread, I just googled "siriport" and wound up downloading, installing, and running "i4Siri." It seems to have worked, except that Siri doesn't do anything other than tell me she can't help me right now. Installed, rebooted, installed their certificate, rebooted, turned Siri on and made sure that Spire had the correct proxy according to them (https://i4siri.chickenkiller.com:4443).

Been playing with it for about an hour and she won't respond to anything. Anyone know what might be wrong? Anyone else using this version/certificate/proxy?

I did go back and found out that the version people were discussing was at siriport.ru, not siriport.com, and I planned on uninstalling spire/i4Siri and installing whatever package that site offered, but their repo is totally empty.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

dirtyfrog posted:

I successfully used AptBackup both on my iPhone 4S and my wife's iPad when upgrading to untethered 5.1.1 jailbreak.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

ibntumart posted:

I successfully used AptBackup both on my iPhone 4S and my wife's iPad when upgrading to untethered 5.1.1 jailbreak.
The app or the command line tool via ssh? I could never get any app backup tools to work properly, but the SSH/dpkg method in the OP always works.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

randyest posted:

The app or the command line tool via ssh? I could never get any app backup tools to work properly, but the SSH/dpkg method in the OP always works.

I didn't even know the command line was an option. I just used the app.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I'm starting to get frustrated with how slow my iPhone 4 runs, and I'm starting to think that I need to un-jailbreak. Is there a way to test beforehand, if it really is something on the JB that is causing this? What jailbreak features are notorious for slowing you down? (I already know the obvious Winterboard.)

My problem is slowdown during transitions, or loading. Apps themselves can run fine once they warm up. But closing apps can be sluggish, or moving through the Springboard after doing so. The Maps app is slow. Turning the system to sleep can sometimes take seconds to go through.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Revol posted:

I'm starting to get frustrated with how slow my iPhone 4 runs, and I'm starting to think that I need to un-jailbreak. Is there a way to test beforehand, if it really is something on the JB that is causing this? What jailbreak features are notorious for slowing you down? (I already know the obvious Winterboard.)

My problem is slowdown during transitions, or loading. Apps themselves can run fine once they warm up. But closing apps can be sluggish, or moving through the Springboard after doing so. The Maps app is slow. Turning the system to sleep can sometimes take seconds to go through.

Run it in Safe Mode for a while to see if it runs differently.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Roving Reporter posted:

Stupid question but did you go into the Sparrow+ settings and turn on the 'Default Mail' option? I'm running the latest version of Sparrow, Sparrow Push and Sparrow+. No issues with either Lockinfo or notification center after testing just now.

Other than that, I can't think of what would be causing the issue.

Yeah this is odd. Sparrow also isn't showing up in the notification menu even though Sparrow Push is installed. Do I have to turn on Sparrow Push as well? I'm running 5.1.1 by the way.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Bouchacha posted:

Yeah this is odd. Sparrow also isn't showing up in the notification menu even though Sparrow Push is installed. Do I have to turn on Sparrow Push as well? I'm running 5.1.1 by the way.

Try it with Sparrow push because looking through my stock mail and Sparrow settings, I'm not finding anything else about notifications. Lockinfo doesn't seem to have anything either.

e: Oh, I'm on 5.1.1 too

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Ray was on a stool when he glocked the cow.

Revol posted:

Are you on 5.1.1 or an earlier version? Mine was being sluggish on 5.0.1, although not quite that bad. It went back to normal speed after I restored to stock 5.1.1 and jailbroke again.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
I find most themes absolutely terrible. One that looked nice to me was Genesis. They tried to stay close to the original Apple design, yet make it different enough to give your device a slightly fresh look.

Unfortunately, I wasn't a fan of all the icons, nor the fact that I had to update names to make it work with iOS 5.1.1, or that it didn't work at all on my 3GS or iPad 2... So I went through the entire theme and tweaked it, changed it, re-saved it, and expanded what devices it supports.

I have the "Genesis XdN Remix" package on my repo, cydia.xenomorph.net if anyone wants to try it out. (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, 4S, iPad 1, and 2 on iOS 5.1.1.)

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I don't know if this exists, but is there something that will let me set language on an app by app basis?

I live in Korea, so I'd like to have my contacts and a few apps sort by Korean. If the device is in English, all my Korean contacts are just under the # sign and not separated right. In Korean everything is fine. But with the device in Korean, my music sucks because the easy-scroll thing is only half English, even though 90% of my music is English.

So is there any jailbreak thing that will let me set contacts and a few other apps for Korean, and keep everything else English? Or vice versa?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

King Nothing posted:

Are you on 5.1.1 or an earlier version? Mine was being sluggish on 5.0.1, although not quite that bad. It went back to normal speed after I restored to stock 5.1.1 and jailbroke again.

I'm on 5.0.1. I'll try upgrading then.

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

Appears I've picked up the wifi bug after upgrading to 5.1.1 and jb'ing on the 4s. Are there any fixes for this yet, or do I have to stay using 3G?

Ah, resetting my router seems to have fixed it.

dirtyfrog fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 10, 2012

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Xenomorph posted:

I find most themes absolutely terrible. One that looked nice to me was Genesis. They tried to stay close to the original Apple design, yet make it different enough to give your device a slightly fresh look.

I am surprised at how bad the themes are I found so far. As a former Android user I love the themes for the MIUI ROM. While Android had some very bad themes, they also had some amazing themes. Am I missing something in relation to the iPhone? I feel like it is my fault since I am new to iPhone jailbreaking and I don't know where to look. XDA was an amazing website for Android users, but I can't find anything like that for iPhone. The ones I do find have so-so themes, and incomplete information.

Can someone point me to the amazing themes for iPhone please or am I chasing a ghost?

PunkRockTuba
Apr 29, 2007

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

nate fisher posted:

I am surprised at how bad the themes are I found so far. As a former Android user I love the themes for the MIUI ROM. While Android had some very bad themes, they also had some amazing themes. Am I missing something in relation to the iPhone? I feel like it is my fault since I am new to iPhone jailbreaking and I don't know where to look. XDA was an amazing website for Android users, but I can't find anything like that for iPhone. The ones I do find have so-so themes, and incomplete information.

Can someone point me to the amazing themes for iPhone please or am I chasing a ghost?

There is a good decent website for iOS and Mac themeing: macthemes.net/forum.

If you go into the iOS Discussion part, there are two threads that are good to browse. The iPhone screenshot thread, and the iPhone request thread. Usually people will give links to links of stuff they've used. If you find anything you like, it's relatively easy to find it online.

As far as good themes go, Genesis has always been a favorite of mine. Riddeam is good, Jaku is fairly decent, but I'm still unsure about it. You can find good stuff, you just have to dig a little.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

nate fisher posted:

Glaskart was good a year ago when I gave a poo poo about trying to skin.

Problem is that you'll have apps that aren't skinned and it throws the whole idea off. If this has changed please let me know but I don't think it can.

PunkRockTuba
Apr 29, 2007

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Glaskart was good a year ago when I gave a poo poo about trying to skin.

Problem is that you'll have apps that aren't skinned and it throws the whole idea off. If this has changed please let me know but I don't think it can.

Glaskart is definitely one of the ones that are a pain in the rear end because you have to have every icon themed or it won't look right. Most of the themes I like, and have used, I've been able to have a few stock icons showing and it look just fine.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I will check them out today.

I honestly think part of the issue maybe that stock Android or the UIs like Sense, Blur, etc. can be ugly at times. While stock iOS is so nice looking that it is hard to find something better.

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

Well although I got the wifi working on my 4s, I'm now noticing that it isn't there when I wake it up from sleep, making CleverPin a bit useless. It reconnects to the router within a second or so, but why's it doing this? Never noticed a wifi sleep policy on ios like android has.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

dirtyfrog posted:

Well although I got the wifi working on my 4s, I'm now noticing that it isn't there when I wake it up from sleep, making CleverPin a bit useless. It reconnects to the router within a second or so, but why's it doing this? Never noticed a wifi sleep policy on ios like android has.

Did you try Reseting Network Settings?

I've used Absinthe ~6 times, and one iPhone 4 needed its Network settings reset before it worked.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
On the MacThemes Forum I found the type of themes I was looking for. Many of them are like the themes found for the MIUI ROM I was to run on my EVO. Makes sense since MIUI is a iOS like ROM and I knew bits and pieces from some of the themes came from iPhone themes. Of course just like on XDA, posters not saying what theme they are using in most cases. Urg...

Just one more question is there a app that allows you to control placement of folders and icons on your homescreen?. What I mean is maybe I want only one icon on my main screen that is on the right corner.

Edit: The Jaku theme is very nice.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 10, 2012

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
How long does it normally take to reboot after you Erase all Content and Settings? I've been sitting here for like 10 minutes and it's just doing that circle in the middle of the phone.

Trying to update my JB from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 right now.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

dirtyfrog posted:

It's always been that way. WiFi stays on when the phone is plugged in regardless of sleep status, but when the phone is unplugged, to save power, it shuts off when the phone goes to sleep.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

Mr Hands Colon posted:

How long does it normally take to reboot after you Erase all Content and Settings? I've been sitting here for like 10 minutes and it's just doing that circle in the middle of the phone.

You're not supposed to do that, it will never finish.

There was a big discussion in this thread a few page back about how you're not supposed to do this.

You must restore your device through iTunes, not Erase All Content and Settings.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

nate fisher posted:

Just one more question is there a app that allows you to control placement of folders and icons on your homescreen?. What I mean is maybe I want only one icon on my main screen that is on the right corner.
Gridlock. Haven't tested it in 5.1.1 though but should be fine. If you're into UI mods you might also want to check out springtomize.

Mr Hands Colon posted:

You should never Erase All on a JB'd device. DFU restore fresh and re JB.

randyest fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 10, 2012

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

1997 posted:

You're not supposed to do that, it will never finish.

There was a big discussion in this thread a few page back about how you're not supposed to do this.

You must restore your device through iTunes, not Erase All Content and Settings.

Thank you for the info, checked the OP and that was in the instructions, guess I missed that discussion. Downloading 5.1.1 now so we'll see how it goes. I started to figure that it wasn't ever going to stop spinning so I just hard rebooted and went back to the old setup.

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

Blinkz0rz posted:

It's always been that way. WiFi stays on when the phone is plugged in regardless of sleep status, but when the phone is unplugged, to save power, it shuts off when the phone goes to sleep.

Never did this on 5.0.1 which is why CleverPin used to work.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

dirtyfrog posted:

Yes it did. Power management has treated WiFi the same way since iOS 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

dirtyfrog posted:

I use AutoProtect and don't have any issue like that.

• Locked thread