Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

mootmoot posted:

How are either of those racist at all?

They're probably sexist too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Since we've been on the topic of HST lately I'll chime in. I find him tolerable I don't think he was really much into riding but he was at least funny and occasionally interesting if not 100% honest all the time. I'm ok with weird.

It's douches like this that annoy me http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2012/06/an-open-letter-to-every-person-i-meet-who-finds-out-i-ride-a-motorcycle/ the misplaced snark and obvious sense of superiority is lame, it just makes me think of a nerd who got a bike and now imagines himself to be something else. This isn't limited to bikes there are people in all walks who do this, luckily motorcycling has a way of washing a lot of these people out, but look out if one manages to hang on for a while, the self righteousness is visible from space. The Wes Silers of the world can gently caress off, this forced biker badass stuff is dumb.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Mootmoot posted:

How are either of those racist at all?.

Hey mootmoot come back to IRC no one has called me a sand friend of the family since you left and I'll explain how those are racist.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006
Explain how they're racist right here you fat bore.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

HNasty posted:

Since we've been on the topic of HST lately I'll chime in. I find him tolerable I don't think he was really much into riding but he was at least funny and occasionally interesting if not 100% honest all the time. I'm ok with weird.

It's douches like this that annoy me http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2012/06/an-open-letter-to-every-person-i-meet-who-finds-out-i-ride-a-motorcycle/ the misplaced snark and obvious sense of superiority is lame, it just makes me think of a nerd who got a bike and now imagines himself to be something else. This isn't limited to bikes there are people in all walks who do this, luckily motorcycling has a way of washing a lot of these people out, but look out if one manages to hang on for a while, the self righteousness is visible from space. The Wes Silers of the world can gently caress off, this forced biker badass stuff is dumb.

This is a really long winded humblebrag.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

mootmoot posted:

I don't really care about the ads I just want you to come back so I make fun of you for being a spaz who can't ride for poo poo. :)

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Appropriate google ads too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mootmoot posted:

They aren't really "racist ads" per se, they're two ads targeting two different markets using stereotypical language. The ZX-14 ad, with its throbbing beat and brutal 'straight from the streets' attitude, is meant to attract this guy

while the 650 ad, using words like "innovative" and "legendary" and "seduction" with some kind of modernist classical Coldplay kind of soundtrack, is supposed to appeal to this guy when he decides to upgrade

HNasty posted:

it just makes me think of a nerd who got a bike and now imagines himself to be something else

I'm not fat and antisocial like most goons but I'm certainly a nerd, and the rest of the world does treat me like something other than a nerd when I ride by on my motorcycle. You can't deny that reality.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 8, 2012

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

n8r posted:

This is a really long winded humblebrag.

Nothing sets me off like motorcycling humblebrag: Gawrsh, guys, I was careening down the Interstate at 182 and backed off because I felt an odd vibration in the bars--what do you think it could be?

Self actualization requires no self promotion. It speaks for itself, and people either recognize the shift or they don't. Unfortunately, this guy teaches “Motorcycles and American Culture” at Case Western, so the doucheism will almost certainly spread exponentially. Shame, he's way more educated than this article would lead you to believe.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
so does anyone know anyone who claims to be a "member" of the silent skulls mc?

it sounds like you pay money and they give you the right to pay more money for the vest. a guy at my job is a "member" and he's been getting a lot of poo poo for being a member of the lone bikers

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So if there's three of you, then you're not really the "lone" bikers, are you? You're more like "the three bikers".

Have a really dumb Russian posted on Jalopnik.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI4ZUdoLZ8M

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

I really thought him and the bike were going over the edge.

What a letdown.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I don't even know what the gently caress is going on here beyond the fact that it's a Lada?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6H85GhCetw

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress is going on here beyond the fact that it's a Lada?

Nothing says "good idea" like a bike with a car motor that can do 130mph and tiny drum brakes

Slim Pickens posted:

So if there's three of you, then you're not really the "lone" bikers, are you? You're more like "the three bikers".

Have a really dumb Russian posted on Jalopnik.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI4ZUdoLZ8M

Also nothing says "good idea" like nailing a deadly trick once, then trying it again.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

this is loving awesome

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Do they sell chinese ladies online? I hope they have better build quality than their scooters

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Do they sell chinese ladies online? I hope they have better build quality than their scooters

Yeah, just make sure you go through the checklist:

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Join now Moses Lester Dr. or she'll be other's GF!!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

10+ in stock

You're good to go if you want that specific one

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Giblet Plus! posted:

so does anyone know anyone who claims to be a "member" of the silent skulls mc?

it sounds like you pay money and they give you the right to pay more money for the vest. a guy at my job is a "member" and he's been getting a lot of poo poo for being a member of the lone bikers

Riding alone is nice, but sometimes it's ok to join forces and conform to some standards so your web design doesn't end up like this: http://silentskulls.com/

Admirable idea but..."ride till you bone"...?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

That's some automotive insanity right there.

It seems like they took the frame of a Jawa CZ 175 and bolted a 1.3 liter engine from a Lada into it. It's like they found a picture of a Boss Hoss and figured that if the crazy americans can bolt two wheels and a handlebar to a car engine, so can they.

My favorite part is probably the clutch handle made from a piece of metal and some garden hose.

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Nothing says "good idea" like a bike with a car motor that can do 130mph and tiny drum brakes
The video is polish, so the speedometer is most likely in kph. Your point still stands though.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Ola posted:

Admirable idea but..."ride till you bone"...?
Isn't that what that guy with the 1993 BMW did, and then he sued BMW?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVraAfSrTZg
How long before this dude's dead?

edit: On second thought, I guess it's not that bad. His accent and speech pattern on his other vids makes it seem worse.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 10, 2012

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

darkhand posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVraAfSrTZg

edit: On second thought, I guess it's not that bad. His accent and speech pattern on his other vids makes it seem worse.

It's still pretty bad. I particularly liked how he takes his hand off the throttle at highway speeds to gently caress with his helmet (and also to fist-pump), while keeping a death-grip on the left side and two fingers constantly on the clutch.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
While triple digit speeds and trying to wheelie is risking skin grafts, he shuts it down very quickly. He's not in a busy area, either. He's a squid, but I wouldn't say he's about to die..

Although, editing in 30 seconds of putting on gloves deserves a painful death.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I was really hoping to see how squirrelly he was going to be riding across the grass.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Sagebrush posted:

two fingers constantly on the clutch.

Why is this a bad thing?

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006

darkhand posted:

Just because of a boring video of WOT on a deserted road and three small low-speed wheelies? Get a grip of yourself.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
You're all loving liars if you sit here and say you have never done that at some point in time.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

invision posted:

You're all loving liars if you sit here and say you have never done that at some point in time.

Sometimes I do have trouble getting my gloves on.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

invision posted:

Yeah, I'll admit I've accidentally left my fingers on the clutch before

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

invision posted:

Sorry man, but no. I have -never- parked my bike in the grass.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
I really don't know what all you 100% law abiding perfect motorcyclists do on your bikes, but that was a pretty tame video.

Sagebrush posted:

It's still pretty bad. I particularly liked how he takes his hand off the throttle at highway speeds to gently caress with his helmet (and also to fist-pump), while keeping a death-grip on the left side and two fingers constantly on the clutch.

This is so full of ignorance I don't know where to start. Its not dangerous to take a hand off the bars, in fact the faster you're going the safer it is to take your hands off the bars (in a straight line) the bike really just wants to go straight.

How can you possibly diagnose "death grip" from that video, especially since as you also bitch about him having the clutch covered, leaving only 2 fingers to apply this terrible clamping force.

Some people in this forum really need to lay off their sanctimonious holier than thou lecturing on bikes, especially when they're only been riding for a few months and are just regurgitating poo poo they've read.

edit: to also post a video
DIE ANTWOORDs new vid has a motorbike in it :nws:

edit, even the thumbnail is nsfw, changed it to a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcXNPI-IPPM

echomadman fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 10, 2012

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

echomadman posted:

edit: to also post a video
DIE ANTWOORTs new vid has a motorbike in it :nws:

edit, even the thumbnail is nsfw, changed it to a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcXNPI-IPPM

What the gently caress did I just watch? :psyduck:

Edit: And this is like the least-weird video by these people. What on Earth.

Strife fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 10, 2012

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Met a bunch of dudes that had the same bike as me at a car meet.

We all went for a ride but one of the guys blew a turn and side swiped a car, he's ok but bike is hosed.

It sucked, here is another pic of my bike just for fun

Niven
Apr 16, 2003

Strife posted:

What the gently caress did I just watch? :psyduck:

Edit: And this is like the least-weird video by these people. What on Earth.

Good to know I'm not the only one that spent 25 minutes clicking on related videos with my mouth hanging in confusion.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Ha ha ha, I love Die Antwoord.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

If this is real, next bike for sure!

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2012/06/08/manufacturers/bmw/naked-bmw-s1000rr-spied/

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

HNasty posted:

Met a bunch of dudes that had the same bike as me at a car meet.

What the? How many ridiculously awesome bikes per continent do you own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Late on the ratbike discussion, but: