Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Black88GTA posted:

Where have I seen this before.....

Oh yeah

Superfly

Okay, seriously, someone needs to redo this as a superfly tribute car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Noise Complaint posted:

I've been looking for a relatively major project and I like weird cars. It just seems like all my usual go to project cars are disappearing or actually increasing in price. In the early to mid 2000's I picked up a Taurus SHO, a couple fox bodies including an SVO, a MX-6 GT turbo and MX-6 V6, a Probe GT and a Nissan NX coupe with T-tops all for under $1500 each.

Times are tough for scavengers like myself!

No doubt, I figured it was all over once Mustang II's started to be worth more than scrap prices. Also, cars from the 80's and 90's have never really been viewed as worth preserving so there's not very many good examples to start with. Sure, the Grand National and Typhoon were obvious collector cars, but fox bodies? Who thought we would ever run out of fox body Stangs, or that someone would pay money for a Mustang II?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I sincerely hope this is either the wrong pic, or the world's greatest sleeper...

Or he's talking 1/8th mile :v:

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
It runs 12s... 12 minutes!

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Glass for that thing would probably cost more than his asking price.

Honest question: How does someone find auto glass for an old/odd car like that? Can you get a windshield or side glass made?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

slidebite posted:

Glass for that thing would probably cost more than his asking price.

Honest question: How does someone find auto glass for an old/odd car like that? Can you get a windshield or side glass made?

Unique glass costs an arm and a leg. I've had numerous offers to buy the hatch glass on my EXP for more than the entire car is worth and I've only owned the thing 3 weeks.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
I'd drive that thing rocking goggles and a white scarf.

Monstertruck
Aug 13, 2011
Is it me or does that Lancia look just like a DMC-12?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It's the angle, there was a dude back in my home town who owned 2 or 3 of them including one supercharged one, they look amazing and exotic in real life. Unlike the Delorean.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

PlasticSun posted:

gently caress that. Plexiglass and mesh windows, and sponsor stickers to match. Nascar trolls are the best.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I sincerely hope this is either the wrong pic, or the world's greatest sleeper...

Or he's talking 1/8th mile :v:

Could be legit. Gold Canyon is a weird place. It gives me a HillsHaveEyes/JeepersCreepers vibe but in the desert.

You also might die/get eaten.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Could be legit. Gold Canyon is a weird place. It gives me a HillsHaveEyes/JeepersCreepers vibe but in the desert.

You also might die/get eaten.

I don't live that far from it, actually.

I wonder how badly my wife would kill me...

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

IOwnCalculus posted:

I don't live that far from it, actually.

I wonder how badly my wife would kill me...

Just some words of advice, its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

It just so happens I am divorced. But that is a topic for discussion at a later date (shes bat poo poo crazy and left me for another guy- but hes into music and can dance, I advised her I hope he dances well when they need to change a flat! - I am not bitter or pissed off at all)

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

PlasticSun posted:

It's all fun and games until an owl stoves your face in.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BrokenKnucklez posted:

hes into music and can dance, I advised her I hope he dances well when they need to change a flat! - I am not bitter or pissed off at all)

How many glowsticks does it take to change a tire? Seriously, I want to know. :colbert:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

keykey posted:

How many glowsticks does it take to change a tire? Seriously, I want to know. :colbert:

depends on which ones you use. having 2 of the big ones or an entire 15 pack of the little ones was sufficient enough for me to change tubes.

Note: I didn't have to take the tire off the rim and this was on a motorcycle.
your experience may vary with cars.

Edit: Sorry having 2 of the big ones would be great. I used 15 of the little ones that go around your wrist.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 5, 2012

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

keykey posted:

I will send her an email. Will update when I find out.

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

I usually just lurk, but I get so much enjoyment out of AI I wanted to try to contribute something. I know there are some Goons who enjoy little turbo hatchbacks, so here is this:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Flying Fortress posted:

I usually just lurk, but I get so much enjoyment out of AI I wanted to try to contribute something. I know there are some Goons who enjoy little turbo hatchbacks, so here is this:

I want one of those someday, such a badass little car.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

It's the angle, there was a dude back in my home town who owned 2 or 3 of them including one supercharged one, they look amazing and exotic in real life. Unlike the Delorean.

Looking amazing/exotic is kind of a stretch for the Montecarlo/Scorpion, as it's hardly close to the Stratos. It was intended originally to be the bigger brother of the X1/9.

Too bad it's pretty much choked down by all the period emissions and typical "Fine late 70s/early 80s" Italian craftsmanship.

2000 if it's really running amazing/everything else perfect might actually be worth it.

`xpoc
Oct 1, 2003
Cant do a screen shot right now. If someone could that would be great. I'm sure someone here has found a new project.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/3063810184.html

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

$10,500 for a seven-year-old stripped economy compact with a salvage title. That's about right, eh?

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/cto/3046594585.html

And since this is Iowa City, someone will probably be dumb enough to buy it at that price.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Replace tires four at a time? Pfff. Look here, buddy. I know what I'm talking about. I take care of my cars. You won't find a nicer salvage Civic at this price.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
What's AI's opinion of a Lancia Zagato? There's someone selling a '79 for $1500 on CL near me. Good paint, low miles, and recently replaced radiator, wheel bearing, and shift bushing.

Assuming there's nothing else tragically wrong with it, worth it? Skip it?

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Xarthor posted:

What's AI's opinion of a Lancia Zagato? There's someone selling a '79 for $1500 on CL near me. Good paint, low miles, and recently replaced radiator, wheel bearing, and shift bushing.

Assuming there's nothing else tragically wrong with it, worth it? Skip it?

Just the thrill of finding parts will be well worth the $1500 for any true masochist.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Here is a nice LS powered 928 (automatic) to buy for your dad for fathers day.

Perfect for porsche day at the track.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

Here is a nice LS powered 928 (automatic) to buy for your dad for fathers day.

Perfect for porsche day at the track.

The gnashing of teeth and wailing from purists alone would make this worth it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Black88GTA posted:

The gnashing of teeth and wailing from purists alone would make this worth it.

Wouldn't be that much; the 911 crowd already looks down upon non-rear-engined cars as fake Porsches, even with a Porsche four-cylinder or V8 in front.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/2996138849.html

Holy poo poo, I want this so badly. Someone go get it. '83 GTI with 89k on the clock.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3058928308.html

Someone buy this.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Wow, that's pretty intense. Too bad it's in Seattle.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/3040238586.html

I'm... so tempted...

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

I remember when that car was posted last time at around 4000 it still seemed like a good deal. I remember looking into them and some things about the car are strange and dissuaded me from making it my first project. For example, the brake rotors are behind the hub, and the 323 gtx hub assembly is notoriously lovely. I recommend this article/series if you're not familiar already.
http://roadraceengineering.com/blog/?p=2399

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

I know what I'm doing when I get tired of my miata.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
This would be genuine gold, if he weren't out of his mind on the price.

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/3022059668.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
If I wasn't broke as poo poo, this would be mine.

http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/3051825101.html

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Sinestro posted:

If I wasn't broke as poo poo, this would be mine.

http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/3051825101.html

Well, you could always find someone to give you their 98+ Cavalier and trade him straight up. (seriously he wants to trade specifically for a Cavalier, I just :psypop:

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Black88GTA posted:

Well, you could always find someone to give you their 98+ Cavalier and trade him straight up. (seriously he wants to trade specifically for a Cavalier, I just :psypop:

I have read it like fifty times, but I have never noticed that. :tviv:

Cavaliers are really expensive around here. The cheapest one I have ever seen on craigslist was 1200 bucks, and it was even shittier than most of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1980-Pontiac-Trans-Am-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ371474327

3200kms. no zeros missing. Absolutely stunning.