Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gokiman
Apr 4, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

What's it doing now?

The messages go to my EVO but they don't show up on google voice as well like they use to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jensen
Jun 4, 2006

Gokiman posted:

The messages go to my EVO but they don't show up on google voice as well like they use to.

Just go to the GV website and break the sprint integration and then re enable it.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

900ftjesus posted:

You probably wouldn't even if it was technically capable. Verizon has coverage everywhere Sprint doesn't and Sprint has almost nothing to offer Verizon in terms of coverage so I doubt Verizon is going enter some sort of agreement that Sprint could afford.
Sprint intends to enter into LTE roaming agreements with other carriers.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Gokiman posted:

Seems obvious, but you did install and open the GV app since you got your phone, right? I think Sprint disables GV integration when you activate a new phone.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

td4guy posted:

Sprint intends to enter into LTE roaming agreements with other carriers.

Green is supposed to be Sprint's LTE while the lighter grey/blue i roaming of any kind? When is this supposed to be, 2015?

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

blargle posted:

Sneaky Flipz.. he abandoned his Evo 3D rom 6 months ago and suddenly pops up with the new Evo.

He actually mentioned something about that in his "donator". He's quit supporting the Evo4G I believe, and is waiting for the "official" ICS ROM to be released for the Sprint Evo3D before he does his magic on it.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

falz posted:

Green is supposed to be Sprint's LTE while the lighter grey/blue i roaming of any kind? When is this supposed to be, 2015?

Network Vision is supposed complete by the end of next year.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

blargle posted:

Sneaky Flipz.. he abandoned his Evo 3D rom 6 months ago and suddenly pops up with the new Evo.

Eh, CleanROM is better anyway. Plus with 100% functional ICS leaks there's no reason to run GB anymore.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Does anyone have issues with antennas or data in general on their Gnex? Sprint's data network in my area is poo poo, but I can't even download anything of a reasonable size even over wifi (such as a ~130MB CM9 nightly). I've tried this in a few locations, home and work.

I bought the phone off contract from a reputable Ebayer, it was new in box. If there is actually a problem with it I'm not sure if this would be a problem if I had to get it fixed since I don't have Sprint's phone insurance on it.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

The Gnex is pretty well-known for having a sub-par antenna. I didn't know it affected Wifi too though. A buddy of mine ended up swapping his with an EVO 4G LTE and he's much much happier now.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

uapyro posted:

He actually mentioned something about that in his "donator". He's quit supporting the Evo4G I believe, and is waiting for the "official" ICS ROM to be released for the Sprint Evo3D before he does his magic on it.

Yeah the last update was 4months ago when the last OTA came out. And ICS is about to be here on it

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

falz posted:

Does anyone have issues with antennas or data in general on their Gnex? Sprint's data network in my area is poo poo, but I can't even download anything of a reasonable size even over wifi (such as a ~130MB CM9 nightly). I've tried this in a few locations, home and work.

I bought the phone off contract from a reputable Ebayer, it was new in box. If there is actually a problem with it I'm not sure if this would be a problem if I had to get it fixed since I don't have Sprint's phone insurance on it.

I was having internet issues but for whatever reason I am not seeing them as much any more. If you decide you want it swapped PM me for options.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

falz posted:

EDIT: It's under warranty, you should just be able to take it in to a store for repair.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I have to say, SOS_M rom for the Evo3d negates any want or need for the EVO4GLTEOMGWTFBBQ. I know I know, LTE/Better camera/Better screen, but the phone is fast, has 100% functionality, and in 18 months (when my contract runs out.) There will be phones out that the EVO4GLTE crowd will be swooning over and asking how to get out of their contracts for.

Also the rom has a legit installer, how cool is that?

Great Orb!
Feb 4, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

I have to say, SOS_M rom for the Evo3d negates any want or need for the EVO4GLTEOMGWTFBBQ. I know I know, LTE/Better camera/Better screen, but the phone is fast, has 100% functionality, and in 18 months (when my contract runs out.) There will be phones out that the EVO4GLTE crowd will be swooning over and asking how to get out of their contracts for.

Also the rom has a legit installer, how cool is that?

Can't recommend this ROM enough. Easily one of the best ones currently available, and has support for 3D/4G out-of-the-box, if you don't mind having a stripped-down Sense 3.6 as the base. :hellyeah:

Gokiman
Apr 4, 2009

Jensen posted:

Just go to the GV website and break the sprint integration and then re enable it.

Thanks this pretty much worked. Now if I could only get that $10 google credit this would be the best phone.

Battered Cankles
May 7, 2008

We're engaged!
My wife's evo 4g just started with the spotty touchscreen malfunction. This is the easy digitizer replacement everyone is talking about, right?

It looks like all I need is 2 teenie screwdrivers, a popsicle stick and a hair dryer; and a replacement part.

I've never worked on a cell phone, but I've repaired similarly sized pumps and actuators. My only questions are:

Exactly which part should I buy? Do I need the a9292? Her screen is undamaged; should I replace it anyway? Should I steer clear of used parts?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Priss In Plate posted:

Can't recommend this ROM enough. Easily one of the best ones currently available, and has support for 3D/4G out-of-the-box, if you don't mind having a stripped-down Sense 3.6 as the base. :hellyeah:

Link?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="404484046"]
Link?

It's this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1666938

I've been running it for about two weeks now, and I haven't run into any issues at all. Battery life doesn't seem to be as good as stock gingerbread, but I can still go a full day.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Also recommending SoS for the 3D if you want something very close to a stock ICS feel without sacrificing functionality. The biggest downside is that it suffers from HTCs "Page Everything Out Except Sense" poor memory management, but so does every other ICS Sense rom.

For us idiots that like having semi functional phones, Agrabren just released the first test CM9 with working camera on the Evo 3D. He also claims to have sbs 3D mostly working and almost ready for release, while toastcfh apparently has WiMax mostly working on the kernel side. Fun times ahead it looks like.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Any suggestions on resolving the following?
I'm on a stock Photon and over the last two weeks I've gotten about 5% of the texts that have been sent to me. Every one of the ones that actually makes it through is taking at least two days to arrive. This is obviously not a great thing. Stuff like this has happened before but never, ever this badly or for this long. I have an airrave, but the issue persists no matter where I am.
I had epiphany last night and realized the my full GV integration might be part of the problem. Sure enough, all the texts were in there, but somehow never got delivered. I turned off GV integration and suddenly started getting texts again.
For about 20 minutes.
Now the issue has resumed and I'm getting messages from 2+ days ago and none that are currently sent to me.
I've updated the PRL, updated my profile, pulled the battery, etc. I might get a couple of the queued messages, but not all of them, and the problem resumes after that. Research I've done on this suggests it has been a persistant issue for random users, and that Sprint has been entirely unhelpful.

I've essentially had to tell people that I don't have text messaging anymore, as it is almost entirely non-functional when it comes to receiving. Sending seems to be fine, though.

Edit: Screw it: I'm reenabling the full GV integration and am gonna see if I can use the GV app to do my SMS.

I like turtles fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 10, 2012

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
Which options do you select during the setup for SOS_M? I tried the rom but the installer was incredibly confusing.

rratnip
Oct 5, 2004

Leathal posted:

Also recommending SoS for the 3D if you want something very close to a stock ICS feel without sacrificing functionality. The biggest downside is that it suffers from HTCs "Page Everything Out Except Sense" poor memory management, but so does every other ICS Sense rom.

I've been running SOS without sense on my 4G and it has been great so far. It's very quick. Dropping the sense integration took some getting used to, but overall I think it's worth it. I figure it will keep me running till I can play around sgs3 and EVO LTE in person.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

blargle posted:

Which options do you select during the setup for SOS_M? I tried the rom but the installer was incredibly confusing.

Stock kernel, stock status bar, stock notifications screen, basically stock everything to start. Then change one thing at a time, see what you like or don't... It's not complicated, I've reconfigured my OG evo about ten times in a night, playing with different installs. Just give it a shot.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I've been trying to get my 3D back to 1.4 for a few hours now, and I just can't get the brick to happen.

The guide at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1547695 says to pull the plug after five seconds on Bootloader. I get MAYBE two seconds before it jumps to the next step. Is this right? Should it be taking longer? Do I just need to pull the plug during that quick time? I've tried, but nothing seems to take.

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?
Quick insurance question: Wife has an EVO3D and managed to leave it on the car and drive off. Long story short, her Otterbox saved it, but there is a ton of road rash on the corners and a few good nicks out of the screen.

Since it is functional, we aren't going to worry about it but am I right in assuming that keeping insurance on it is pretty useless? I'd imagine that if we do take it in that they would just point out the damage and make us go through Asurion.

A quick look at craigslist shows a good amount 3Ds in our area going for between 100-150, so if I'm right we are just throwing money away if we don't kill the insurance on it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fancy_Lad posted:

Quick insurance question: Wife has an EVO3D and managed to leave it on the car and drive off. Long story short, her Otterbox saved it, but there is a ton of road rash on the corners and a few good nicks out of the screen.

Since it is functional, we aren't going to worry about it but am I right in assuming that keeping insurance on it is pretty useless? I'd imagine that if we do take it in that they would just point out the damage and make us go through Asurion.

A quick look at craigslist shows a good amount 3Ds in our area going for between 100-150, so if I'm right we are just throwing money away if we don't kill the insurance on it.

Yeah, that's right on edge, if there is no damage to the screen I would consider swapping it (although I am quite generous). I would take it to a sprint store and see if they'll swap it now, and if they won't you have your answer.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice

Deathlove posted:

I've been trying to get my 3D back to 1.4 for a few hours now, and I just can't get the brick to happen.

The guide at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1547695 says to pull the plug after five seconds on Bootloader. I get MAYBE two seconds before it jumps to the next step. Is this right? Should it be taking longer? Do I just need to pull the plug during that quick time? I've tried, but nothing seems to take.

When I had my 3D I tried doing the downgrade for something stupid like 3 hours and I never once got it to brick on the boot loader part of the RUU. I eventually gave up.

Tunafish
Jun 13, 2003
King of all that is suck
Fun Shoe
My friend just got the EVO 4G LTE. I am jealous.

I had been on the Sprint EPRP plan since I first got my Hero almost three years ago. I was able to upgrade to the EVO 3D last Summer. Then I changed to a family account to add my girlfriend and promptly had to drop the EPRP plan when the girlfriend dropped me. Now I'm with all the regulars on the lowest minute unlimited data plan.

Is there any chance Sprint takes pity on me and gives me a screamin' deal on trading in the 3D to get a shiny new 4G LTE? Realistically what would I be looking at to swap to the new hotness?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tunafish posted:

My friend just got the EVO 4G LTE. I am jealous.

I had been on the Sprint EPRP plan since I first got my Hero almost three years ago. I was able to upgrade to the EVO 3D last Summer. Then I changed to a family account to add my girlfriend and promptly had to drop the EPRP plan when the girlfriend dropped me. Now I'm with all the regulars on the lowest minute unlimited data plan.

Is there any chance Sprint takes pity on me and gives me a screamin' deal on trading in the 3D to get a shiny new 4G LTE? Realistically what would I be looking at to swap to the new hotness?

Sprint has no money to make deals with people. You can either buy out your upgrade if possible, or buy it outright.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I bit the bullet and picked up an EVO LTE yesterday, and am so glad that I did. This phone is seriously impressive. I know everyone here is pro Galaxy Nexus, but as an owner of both there is no way I could recommend the Nexus over the EVO.

Great Orb!
Feb 4, 2009

Deathlove posted:

I used this method here, didn't have a single problem whatsoever. YMMV though; I got it on the first try. v:shobon:v

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Goldmund posted:

I bit the bullet and picked up an EVO LTE yesterday, and am so glad that I did. This phone is seriously impressive. I know everyone here is pro Galaxy Nexus, but as an owner of both there is no way I could recommend the Nexus over the EVO.
I love mine too, except for the occasionally multitasking issue we've covered to death.
But within the last 3 or so days, I've also noticed a lot of my texts not getting sent. I want to blame Handcent, but I can't find a common thread as to what is causing them to not go through. Sometimes sending another text to the same number "pushes" them both through the queue, other times it appears to attempt to resend on reboot, but it doesn't always succeed and gets stuck in pending status again.

I tried a profile and PRL update yesterday morning, but it's still happening here and there. Sometimes if I turn off the screen too quickly after I press send, it seems to get stuck in pending... but I used to be able to do that on my Evo 4G with no problems. :(

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Pretty annoyed with my EVO 3D, in the last week it's developed a weird touchscreen quirk where the bottom right part of the screen will just stop working directly over the backspace button on the keyboard. Is this common?? Can I fix it myself?

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009

SpelledBackwards posted:

I love mine too, except for the occasionally multitasking issue we've covered to death.
But within the last 3 or so days, I've also noticed a lot of my texts not getting sent. I want to blame Handcent, but I can't find a common thread as to what is causing them to not go through. Sometimes sending another text to the same number "pushes" them both through the queue, other times it appears to attempt to resend on reboot, but it doesn't always succeed and gets stuck in pending status again.

I tried a profile and PRL update yesterday morning, but it's still happening here and there. Sometimes if I turn off the screen too quickly after I press send, it seems to get stuck in pending... but I used to be able to do that on my Evo 4G with no problems. :(

Yeah, I preordered mine and it worked great for the first week and a half or so, but sometime last week I stopped receiving texts or calls. I can still send them out fine. I did multiple profile and PRL updates, reset the phone, took it to a Sprint store, they did the same along with a "data refresh" or something like that. They then ordered me a new one and after activating it today I still have the same issues.

I installed Google Voice and now I can receive texts, but I still don't get phone calls. I had the original EVO since it came out and never had this issue. I absolutely love the phone otherwise, just a very unfortunate problem going on with the network in regards to the phone or something.

Edit: whoops, your problem is them not sending, instead of not receiving. Yay reading comprehension.

atomicvocabulary
Oct 21, 2002

Say hello to the sunrise for me...

jerman999 posted:

Pretty annoyed with my EVO 3D, in the last week it's developed a weird touchscreen quirk where the bottom right part of the screen will just stop working directly over the backspace button on the keyboard. Is this common?? Can I fix it myself?

I have this too. Right around the backspace, sometimes the m.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jerman999 posted:

Extremely common. Take it to a sprint repair center and have them fix it. Those screens aren't cheap last I checked, and a 3D screen is hard as balls to swap.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
I'm 16mo since my last upgrade, on Sero Premium. Am I likely to be able to buy out my contract?

Jeratain
Apr 5, 2004

I have no socially redeeming value.

Duckman2008 posted:

Extremely common. Take it to a sprint repair center and have them fix it. Those screens aren't cheap last I checked, and a 3D screen is hard as balls to swap.

If you don't have TEP, you can swap it for a refurb unit for $35. I got one a few months ago for this very reason. And now I've noticed that there's dust under the panel in that same corner :-/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St. Blaize
Oct 11, 2007

Deathlove posted:

When I did it I tried for a long time and couldn't get it to brick. I stopped for a couple days and gave it another shot, got it immediately. It ended up being more like 3 seconds for me, I didn't count when I did get it though, just watched the screen.