Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I just ordered a Denmark top from soccer triads the other day, got the shipping email today. My last order from them arrived fine, but I'm not sure if I'd bother using them again if this one got confiscated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I just ordered a Denmark top from soccer triads the other day, got the shipping email today. My last order from them arrived fine, but I'm not sure if I'd bother using them again if this one got confiscated.

It's always a risk buying from those sites. If I remember right, TRP users got similar reports around WC2010 of shirts getting confiscated in the post. Ship times also got pretty long.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I think the last guy who got his confiscated in this thread also came from Germany, I can say I've never had shipping problems with them in the USA.

Bizzy_g
Sep 3, 2004
fix up, look sharp
I think its a europe thing, they come from thailand through one of the german airports so get picked up there, same thing happened to me with a soccer triads one being shipped to the uk. got a letter from a german law firm telling me it was a fake etc, emailed soccer triads and another shirt showed up, takes a bit of time but they are the best quality blags i've seen.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

partipo posted:

It's always a risk buying from those sites. If I remember right, TRP users got similar reports around WC2010 of shirts getting confiscated in the post. Ship times also got pretty long.

Interesting when you consider the timing. It seems an easy way to avoid this is to try to place an order in advance of a tournament window. It's no coincidence that it's right around the time of the Euros and shirts are being confiscated.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Akileese posted:

Interesting when you consider the timing. It seems an easy way to avoid this is to try to place an order in advance of a tournament window. It's no coincidence that it's right around the time of the Euros and shirts are being confiscated.

Problem is there isn't a massive time frame between tournament time and new shirt release date, and the authorities know this

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
A reminder that those shirts are toxic to humans guys

keep safe, only buy knockoffs

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Spangly A posted:

buy a white t shirt and colour it in yourself with felt tips for safest.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Spangly A posted:

They're only toxic in the month of June

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

thehappyprince posted:

buy a white t shirt and colour it in yourself with felt tips for safest.

Also solves the "holy poo poo that shirt is awful" problem. Don't like the design? Make a new one!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spangly A posted:

Why are these jerseys so cheap, anyways?

And how do I order one to be sent to the United States?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Sandwolf posted:

Why are these jerseys so cheap, anyways?
Because you're not paying Nike or Adidas to mark it up 300% for profit.

quote:

And how do I order one to be sent to the United States?

Go to soccertriads.com, order a shirt, wait 3-4 weeks. Done.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
You're also buying from a company who cares even less about child labour laws, environmental standards (speaking generally; obviously not in relation to the current, toxic shirts), quality materials, etc. The shirts are good knock-offs, but it seems a stretch to describe them as good shirts.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I have a home Chelsea with Premier patches from Triads and a 3rd kit with Premier patches that I got direct from the club and the Triads patches are really, really faded in comparison.

Something to keep in mind.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the best way to order the national shirts for Euro 2012? Going through the individual nations official websites?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Buy a knock off. 9 of the countries involved have toxic material in the official tops

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah right better safe than sorry! :eng101:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Esposito posted:

You're also buying from a company who cares even less about child labour laws, environmental standards (speaking generally; obviously not in relation to the current, toxic shirts), quality materials, etc. The shirts are good knock-offs, but it seems a stretch to describe them as good shirts.

Do you have proof of this?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Scott Bakula posted:

Buy a knock off. 9 of the countries involved have toxic material in the official tops

Which? I have a Greece home on its way... Did notice that the away was missing on every official gear site, related?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

TraderStav posted:

Which? I have a Greece home on its way... Did notice that the away was missing on every official gear site, related?

The nine named by the BEUC were Poland, Spain, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, Italy, France, Holland and Portugal. Spain and Germany have illegal levels of lead while Spain and Italy contain banned waste products, and the BEUC want the Polish kits altogether banned because they contain a toxic chemical.

I say "want" banned because the umbrella EU consumer watchdog actually has gently caress all powers to enforce the laws it passes and while these kits break several laws simply by being sold (or just existing, in Polands case) no-ones actually going to do anything.

fgwsss
Oct 7, 2004
Masturbation is good, but it is not the best, 'cause nothing beats the touch of your clitoris.
Has anyone used this site yet? They seem slightly competent judging from the site design, at least.
http://www.jerseybbs.com/

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

please respond posted:

Do you have proof of this?

Which part of it? Do I really need to provide evidence that companies interested in providing the cheapest knock-off product will skimp on quality and production costs?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Esposito posted:

Which part of it? Do I really need to provide evidence that companies interested in providing the cheapest knock-off product will skimp on quality and production costs?

Yes

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

It's difficult to separate how much complaining about counterfeit goods is pressure from retailing groups (see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/7969335/Fake-goods-are-fine-says-EU-study.html) and how much is fact, but I think it's a safe assumption to say that companies which operate from developing nations and produce low-cost consumer goods are able to do so because they are exploting (a) their workers, (b) the environment, (c) the customer (unless the customer knows exactly the quality of goods they're getting and/or willfully ignores the costs of (a) and (b)).

http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/13/12/38707619.pdf - particularly p.15
relates to luxury goods, but (*warning* speculation) I think you would be foolish to discount it applying to sporting goods as well: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/magazine/feature-articles/the-fight-against-fakes-0109_
this is a little sensationalist, but the point stands: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/fakers-dealing-in-death-20110430-1e20j.html
http://www.cnbc.com/id/37824347
http://www.unodc.org/documents/data-and-analysis/tocta/8.Counterfeit_products.pdf - p.174
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/30/opinion/30thomas.html

Esposito fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 12, 2012

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Pretty sure this will end up being our home kit, except with different badges and such

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Spangly A posted:

The nine named by the BEUC were Poland, Spain, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, Italy, France, Holland and Portugal. Spain and Germany have illegal levels of lead while Spain and Italy contain banned waste products, and the BEUC want the Polish kits altogether banned because they contain a toxic chemical.

I say "want" banned because the umbrella EU consumer watchdog actually has gently caress all powers to enforce the laws it passes and while these kits break several laws simply by being sold (or just existing, in Polands case) no-ones actually going to do anything.

I've got a Germany away :ohdear:

Oh well I'm not planning on eating it. Surely this would effect all Adidas kits made from climacool fabric?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Scott Bakula posted:

Are any club kits affected by this?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I've got a Germany away :ohdear:

Oh well I'm not planning on eating it

Surely you, noted TRP medical student, are aware of things like skin absorption? :ohdear:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Ninpo posted:

Surely you, noted TRP medical student, are aware of things like skin absorption? :ohdear:

Yeah but the level was only above that for children's products and skin absorption depends on if the lead is within a polymer or if they sprinkled it on for good luck.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Does anyone know what kind of customs duties one could expect importing a $38 jersey from the UK to the USA?

madept
Oct 14, 2004
title...

Lamont Cranston posted:

Does anyone know what kind of customs duties one could expect importing a $38 jersey from the UK to the USA?

I think you pay nothing if the value is under $200. I just got the Bilbao away from soccer-spain.com which ships from Spain and paid nothing.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Has anyone had any luck contacting sportsdirect customer service? They shipped a coffee mug in a plastic bag, surprise it's broken, and I can't get a reply to my emails (10 days) or find a phone number. Suggestions?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Aren't their coffee mugs free?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Chas McGill posted:

Aren't their coffee mugs free?

My parents got me a Liverpool mug with a top. The Sportsdirect mug came in a bubblewrap packed cardboard box. The Liverpool mug they just took off the shelf and threw it all in a plastic bag together.

I've tried a third email now off their website, selecting "Where's my order?" hopefully that gets a response.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

madept posted:

I think you pay nothing if the value is under $200. I just got the Bilbao away from soccer-spain.com which ships from Spain and paid nothing.

Great, thanks.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Supposed new Atletico away. Bought last year's away, might have to do it again.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Do any sites fake Bilbao tops? The ones I've seen don't but that shirt is awesome.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
That's not Bilbao, it's Atletico Madrid.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ah yeah sorry, I really didn't look at the crest. But same question. Does anywhere knock off the lesser teams in leagues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Not mad keen on this Nike "bands round the edge of the sleeves" template that keeps coming up. I liked it for Brazil but every time I see a different version it looks more and more poorly designed.