Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Bonzo posted:

Again, I would have to go back and read the book but I believe he found her when she was very young, maybe even a minor, and pretty much controlled her every move. It's almost like he treated her like his own child. He seemed controlling but not in an abusive way.

He does state, in the book, that one of the reasons she left him was because she felt she had no control over her life. I have to agree with her on this.

When she was let go from WWE, she soon broke up with Lawyer via note or phone call and moved into their Florida townhouse. Lawyer then called someone up to go over and check up (spy) on her. When he heard that another guy may be over there, he hopped on the first flight and basically kicked the door down when he got to the house.

He claims he just talked to the guy but I'm sure the guy got a smack or two out of it.

the term you're looking to describe Lawler in this case is svengali

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I thought it was emotionally abusive pedophile but that works too.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
Anyone else get a David Hyde Pierce vibe from John Cena?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

In my head he did all this while wearing his singlet and crown. You will not convince me otherwise.:colbert:

Oh hell yes. When I read the book, all I could picture in my mind was him entering the bedroom, pulling his strap down and throwing a fireball.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 12, 2012

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I don't follow TNA, but what's the situation with Kurt Angle like? I know he left WWE because something about his neck and they wanted him to slow down, but is there any chance of him coming back? Or any chance of him being inducted into the HoF before he's dead?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Orgophlax posted:

I don't follow TNA, but what's the situation with Kurt Angle like? I know he left WWE because something about his neck and they wanted him to slow down, but is there any chance of him coming back? Or any chance of him being inducted into the HoF before he's dead?

Every so often he'll tweet/retweet stuff about considering one more run in the WWE. I generally take it about as seriously as I did his stuff about preparing for one more shot at the Olympics.

Also I think he claimed once that Vince sends him flowers every day, begging him to come back to WWE. :v:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Orgophlax posted:

He left WWF due to his drug habit. They asked him to get help and let his body heal but he said screw you went to TNA and still did pills and stared in movie where he was a killer rapist clown.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 12, 2012

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

bobkatt013 posted:

He left WWF due to hsi drug habit. They asked him to get help and let his body heal but he said screw you went to TNA and still did pills and stared in movied where he was a killer rapist clown.

Also his marriage completely disintegrated after he went to TNA, and I think he got arrested once during a domestic dispute with his post-marriage rebound girlfriend.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Orgophlax posted:

He left the WWE because they wanted him to take time off and go to rehab to get off of his pill addictions because he was working injured a lot and he was killing himself every night. Basically he was a huge liability and a walking tragedy waiting to happen.

Angel being Angel decided "To hell with that!" and wanted his release. He was also pissed because he was sent down to ECW to try and get the new promotion off the ground. So after a small break he signs with TNA because he makes almost(?) the same amount of money, more time off and they don't drug test which is why he is insane and still to this day, a walking tragedy waiting to happen and until he gets off of his addictions WWE wont touch him.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Grandpa Pap posted:

Also his marriage completely disintegrated after he went to TNA, and I think he got arrested once during a domestic dispute with his post-marriage rebound girlfriend.

It was clear his marriage was in trouble before the move though. They kept citing how the WWE schedule "put a strain on our marriage" and such. I think they were hoping TNA would be the antidote to their marriage woes.

Plus the "reality show" they briefly did showed how amazingly dysfunctional their family life was.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

It was clear his marriage was in trouble before the move though. They kept citing how the WWE schedule "put a strain on our marriage" and such. I think they were hoping TNA would be the antidote to their marriage woes.

Plus the "reality show" they briefly did showed how amazingly dysfunctional their family life was.

Now she seems to be in a stable marriage with Jeff Jarrett

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 12, 2012

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Grandpa Pap posted:

That turned out to be 100% bullshit, didn't it? She was crazy.

And I thought general consensus is he's actually doing a bit better now? I could have swore he finally admits his problems and that he was a mess when he left WWE. He's delusional and crazy but he always been. I thought the TNA schedule actually was helping.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Christoph posted:

Anyone else get a David Hyde Pierce vibe from John Cena?

They're both white I guess :iiam:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

And I thought general consensus is he's actually doing a bit better now? I could have swore he finally admits his problems and that he was a mess when he left WWE. He's delusional and crazy but he always been. I thought the TNA schedule actually was helping.

I don't know how that is possibly the consensus. He's had those DUIs and then there was his insane Olympic plans where he beat his body to poo poo on something he could never possibly do while spouting complete nonsense.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Now she seems to be in a stabel marriage with Jeff Jarrett

Serrious, I thought that whole marriage problems thing was an angle?

This carny business :psyduck:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I know. Her name doesn't even start with a J! :argh:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRayPer posted:

I don't know how that is possibly the consensus. He's had those DUIs and then there was his insane Olympic plans where he beat his body to poo poo on something he could never possibly do while spouting complete nonsense.

Also the constant lying about going to UFC, including lying to an old friend - I think a coach at his old college - about Dana begging him to come in and all that nonsense.

And probably a hundred other things.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wasn't it only 3-4 months ago that he wrestled on a hosed-up hamstring and didn't tell anyone? And this was, again, while still claiming he was going to go to the Olympics.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Yeah but he was awesome in the tag match on Sunday so all forgiven.

:unsmith:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wasn't it only 3-4 months ago that he wrestled on a hosed-up hamstring and didn't tell anyone? And this was, again, while still claiming he was going to go to the Olympics.

He beat Roode for the title at Bound for Glory last year with destroyed hamstrings, and never really took any significant time off afterwards to heal up. I think they were aware of his problems, but not the extent as he insisted on continuing to wrestle anyway.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

STAC Goat posted:

My understanding is that Angle was in fact stalking and harassing her, and around the same time she filed a restraining order against him, he was arrested for driving on a suspended license and possessing HGH without a prescription. Wiki (I know, Wikipedia :rolleyes:) says that all but the stalking charges got dropped, and the stalking stuff was eventually dropped too once Angle and his girlfriend (Trenesha Biggers, aka Rhaka Khan) reached a mutual agreement to stay away from each other.

So, it's probably more like 50% bullshit from each side. :v:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I vaguely recall the stalking was bullshit as he was basically around his home and doing his business, and she just kept acting like this was because he was obsessed. The HGH was some old prescription and he was arrested at the airport waiting for a flight or something.

But I admit I don't really pay a ton of attention with this stuff so I could easily be wrong. I thought I read a bunch in the last year or two that Angle was acknowledging that he was a mess in WWE and TNT they were right to tell him to stop, and that the TNA schedule and his divorce managed to give him some perspective. But maybe I'm just mixing that all up in my head with something else.

I can't find anything definitive or legitimate enough to post but it seems like all the charges were dropped within a week of each other when he went to court. Which would seem to suggest a judge cleared him, no? But like I said, can't find anything clear.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 12, 2012

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I'm going to stick with it's probably an equal amount of bullshit from both sides, if only because I saw one of DDP's yoga videos on YouTube recently, where both Jericho and DDP agree that Angle--while legitimately a badass that can stretch people practically at will--isn't one of the sanest people they know. :v:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
He was pretty good in Warrior :( although I noticed that they made his character Russian, so they wouldn't have to give him a speaking part.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x884fs_the-real-angle-kurt-angle-s-new-rea_shortfilms

Holy poo poo - had no idea this existed. I'd have watched the poo poo out of this.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Is it known what WWE usually pays random local jobbers, like the guys who get fed to Ryback?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

Is it known what WWE usually pays random local jobbers, like the guys who get fed to Ryback?

I don't know, Buddy Wayne has said in the past (I think he made $500 and got fed at catering) but that would be years ago.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MassRayPer posted:

I don't know, Buddy Wayne has said in the past (I think he made $500 and got fed at catering) but that would be years ago.

Any comment on how they are treated in the locker room? I imagine half these guys are huge marks themselves, so I would not be surprised if there were strict "no eye contact with Vince or Cena" rules.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

Any comment on how they are treated in the locker room? I imagine half these guys are huge marks themselves, so I would not be surprised if there were strict "no eye contact with Vince or Cena" rules.

Everything I've heard in the past indicates that it's kind of an expected thing that you go around the locker room and introduce yourself to everyone, even if you're just there to be fed to The Ryback in order to ensure good crops.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
From what I've heard about Cena, he's probably one welcoming them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Everything I've heard in the past indicates that it's kind of an expected thing that you go around the locker room and introduce yourself to everyone, even if you're just there to be fed to The Ryback in order to ensure good crops.

Mike Sanders did not shake Triple H's hand so his career was over.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Jerusalem posted:

I think it was on Colt's AoW podcast where Joey Ryan confirmed this, during his various appearances with WWE doing squash jobs and whatnot. He also told a story about how he was :rolleyes: at another wrestler who asked Undertaker for a picture, approaching him like a fan would. His beef with that was you're there to be a professional, and thus you should approach Taker and the other guys like a fellow professional, not a fan who happened to win the lucky backstage ticket lottery.

He also said Taker was a nice guy who did pose for the other dude's requested picture. :unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bobkatt013 posted:

Mike Sanders did not shake Triple H's hand so his career was over.

I heard this story for years till I heard the other side of it which was that Sanders had actually shaken everybody else's hand, missed Triple H, had it (quietly) pointed out that he didn't shake Triple H's hand and REFUSED to do so.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I heard this story for years till I heard the other side of it which was that Sanders had actually shaken everybody else's hand, missed Triple H, had it (quietly) pointed out that he didn't shake Triple H's hand and REFUSED to do so.

Oh that makes him stupid and it is his own fault. He is as stupid or stupider then Amy Zidian.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

Jerusalem posted:

isn't this also the story where Triple H is on crutches or something too?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

El Duke Silver posted:

isn't this also the story where Triple H is on crutches or something too?

I think so. Sanders snubs him, Trips gets up and hobbles over to him and shakes his hand to make a point. Then Raven tells Sanders to pretty much put his head between his legs and kiss his rear end goodbye.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Raven said that he missed Triple H, and Triple H had to stand up and walk up to Sanders to shake his hand. Raven turned to Sanders and told him his career was over.

Edit: I'm a dumbass.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Didn't this Triple H/Mike Sanders/handshake/Raven/crutches thing go on for like seventeen pages about a year ago?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I heard that Mike Sanders told HHH to "Suck it" and then threw water in Stephanie's face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Didn't this Triple H/Mike Sanders/handshake/Raven/crutches thing go on for like seventeen pages about a year ago?

This is awesome and I don't even care that this makes triple H a dick. This story is too funny to care.