Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Spiffness posted:

This should go in the... oh, I guess it's in the right thread already.

I feel like a broken record saying it every page, but it happens so often...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Alright, there is a serious lack of Can-Am riders on the track. I can't stand for that.

:toxx:

I will pay the entry fees for up to 2 wheels of any Can-Am spyder out on track, up to $250. If they charge you extra for your extra wheel, that's on you.

In order to collect, you must provide footage of at least 4 sessions out on track. You must also put my screenname somewhere visible on your fairings and post a picture from a trackside photog where my screenname is visible, or have it visible in the video if there is no trackside photog.

Bonus condition: I will pay your gas at the track if you can put down a lap time faster than a B group Ninja 250 rider.

Small print: Only open to members of the forums who have been around for at least 6 months since the date of this post. Only open for 6 months from the date of this post.
Payment will be arranged when proof of trackday attendance is posted on the forums.

Let's get a Can-Am on track! :w00t:

Z3n fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 13, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

*spends $28,000 to win a $250 internet challenge*

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Z3n posted:

Alright, there is a serious lack of Can-Am riders on the track. I can't stand for that.

:toxx:

I will pay the entry fees for up to 2 wheels of any Can-Am spyder out on track, up to $250. If they charge you extra for your extra wheel, that's on you.

In order to collect, you must provide footage of at least 4 sessions out on track. You must also put my screenname somewhere visible on your fairings and post a picture from a trackside photog where my screenname is visible, or have it visible in the video if there is no trackside photog.

Bonus condition: I will pay your gas at the track if you can put down a lap time faster than a B group Ninja 250 rider.

Small print: Only open to members of the forums who have been around for at least 6 months since the date of this post. Only open for 6 months from the date of this post.
Payment will be arranged when proof of trackday attendance is posted on the forums.

Let's get a Can-Am on track! :w00t:

Pretty much anything will beat a can-am around a track. It's a lot of work to corner a thing of that weight at speed.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

front wing flexing posted:

Pretty much anything will beat a can-am around a track. It's a lot of work to corner a thing of that weight at speed.

Your posting is really confusing.

e:\/\/\/ :o: if you had said that at the beginning, we could've avoided had a different whole page of dumb argument.

Splizwarf fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 13, 2012

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Splizwarf posted:

Your posting is really confusing.

I was just talking straight line speed. On a track a 50cc scooter could probably out pace a can-am. Even with the power steering it's hard to turn sharply at speed. Your inside wheel will almost always be in the air. You have to hang your body off of it sport quad style.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
"I was just talking straight line speed."
                                /

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
"Well, they're fast if you only consider raw top speed, and not how long it takes to get there, or 0-60 time."

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Harleys certainly are. And even if my initial statement was hyperbolic 0-60 in 4secs with a top end electronically limited to 130 is not slow.

If we're bench racing, my tubby bitch Vstar was a 130mph bike, sub-4 0-60, and a 12sec 1/4mi. I wouldn't consider it especially speedy and I upgraded because it was boring. Can-Ams aren't any faster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaIHoBAzeaA, in fact to me they look about exactly as fast as a Harley bagger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A32Mqn78tM

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Z3n posted:

"Well, they're fast if you only consider raw top speed, and not how long it takes to get there, or 0-60 time."

Except that we did talk about all those things and take them into account. And you were wrong on most of your facts. But of course that doesn't matter. At least I can acknowledge its shortcomings and admit it can't go around a track for poo poo, I think that shows I'm being objective, which you're not being.

But it's clear you guys just don't like it for no real reason. I guess if it was a sub 1k scrap yard POS then it'd be cool.

I just can't wrap my head around your virulent hatred for something that is honestly pretty cool. It looks modern, is fun to ride and is unique. In the end I decided it wasn't for me because two wheels is more fun but I'm not going to bash it because it's not for me because it definitely has a lot of positives that I can appreciate.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
If I had to play internet psychologist I'd say it had something to do with people buying their way into the "motorcycle" club without having to bother to learn to ride a motorcycle.

They're alright by me but I do kind of see them as the red headed step child. I don't despise them like some people seem to.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
What is this "you guys" poo poo? I think they're cool and I'd ride the wheels off of one if someone put it in front of me. You just started the conversation by playing a dick card with "way faster than most motorcycles". How you could not expect knee-jerk reactions to that is beyond me.

Which facts of his are wrong? Who expressed "virulent hatred" (e: \/\/\/ uh besides that guy, thanks Pope Mobile :v: \/\/\/)? What's wrong with you? :psyduck:

Splizwarf fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 13, 2012

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I don't like Can Ams because they're goddamn huge and ugly as gently caress. How's that for a reason?

E: Just to make sure I'm being clear here: I don't hate them. I do laugh at the guy who is wearing full on yellow gear to match it because it looks so funny, though. But he does get props for protection.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Splizwarf posted:

What is this "you guys" poo poo? I think they're cool and I'd ride the wheels off of one if someone put it in front of me. You just started the conversation by playing a dick card with "way faster than most motorcycles". How you could not expect knee-jerk reactions to that is beyond me.

Which facts of his are wrong? Who expressed "virulent hatred"? What's wrong with you? :psyduck:

When he said the 0-60 was 6.8. A couple of posters. And nothing.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

When he said the 0-60 was 6.8. A couple of posters. And nothing.

He wasn't wrong, he was referencing the wrong model. An error he corrected when you pointed that out. The 0-60 for the RSS is still nothing to write home about.
You also turned one thing he got wrong into most of his facts being wrong.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Pope Mobile posted:

He wasn't wrong, he was referencing the wrong model. An error he corrected when you pointed that out. The 0-60 for the RSS is still nothing to write home about.
You also turned one thing he got wrong into most of his facts being wrong.

He said the top speed was that of a ninja 250, it's not, it's much faster. He also got the HP wrong.

Edit: but I guess we're talking in circles now. I concede that I definitely overestimated the speed in my post but I still don't think it's a heap of irredeemable poo poo.

dr cum patrol esq fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 13, 2012

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

He said the top speed was that of a ninja 250, it's not, it's much faster. He also got the HP wrong.

He was talking about acceleration not speed. He said faster but he meant quicker.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

The problem is more of a structural one: The closest motorcycle that you can compare a Can-Am to in straight line speed is a Ninja 250. Ok, I got the top speed and HP wrong because I thought they all had the same HP (FWIW, the RSS makes 6 more HP than the RT), and the limiter on some models was at 110MPH and on others it's not.

But at the end of the day, you're still sitting next to a Ninja 250 in performance specs. You can't be faster than most bikes when your closest performing motorcycle is a ninja 250.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 13, 2012

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
250s can be fast! I burried the needle on my V-Star 250 at 90 and it kept on going. 90mpg, too :smug:

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Z3n posted:

The problem is more of a structural one: The closest motorcycle that you can compare a Can-Am to in straight line speed is a Ninja 250. Ok, I got the top speed and HP wrong because I thought they all had the same HP (FWIW, the RSS makes 6 more HP than the RT), and the limiter on some models was at 110MPH and on others it's not.

But at the end of the day, you're still sitting next to a NInja 250 in performance specs.

The 0-60 for a ninja 250 is almost six seconds the can-am rss is four. What in the world are you talking about? Just stop.

Harley specs are closer to the Ninja 250 than the can-am.

dr cum patrol esq fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 13, 2012

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The RS S is 4.5 seconds, not 4.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I think the only reasonable thing to do is take a Ninja 250, a Harley bagger and a Can-Am RSS on the track and see what happens.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
One sends the owner to the hospital with shattered ear drums.
One can't corner tight enough and rams into a wall.
One provides a fun time, albeit at a conservative pace.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Sagebrush posted:

I think the only reasonable thing to do is take a Ninja 250, a Harley bagger and a Can-Am RSS on the track and see what happens.

The Ninja will zoom around the track smiling.
The Harley will hit the front flip lever at some point.
The Can-Am will be riding around the track at a slower, but still fun pace, smiling.

Can't we all just get along?

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Pope Mobile posted:

The RS S is 4.5 seconds, not 4.

Still faster than most motorcycles on the highway v:shobon:v

Bondematt posted:

If only.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Pretty sure my '75 Volvo 240 drag car was faster than a Can-AM RSS :unsmith:

Was your Can-AM plastered in Winnie The Pooh stickers with a side-exit 3" exhaust that sounded like a WWII bomber? I think I have the clear advantage here. :colbert:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

being able to outrun sub 300cc learner bikes, supermotos, dirt bikes, dual sports, and harley baggers in a straight line is only a bragging point if you own a can-am I guess.

Getting smoked by a gold wing by every benchmark doesn't mean you're slow

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Xovaan posted:

Pretty sure my '75 Volvo 240 drag car was faster than a Can-AM RSS :unsmith:

Was your Can-AM plastered in Winnie The Pooh stickers with a side-exit 3" exhaust that sounded like a WWII bomber? I think I have the clear advantage here. :colbert:

I lose :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Can-Am: Let's race from a roll.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Bondematt posted:

The Ninja will zoom around the track smiling.
The Harley will hit the front flip lever at some point.
The Can-Am will be riding around the track at a slower, but still fun pace, smiling.

No. Hate is all we know.

Spiffness posted:

Watching my friend's dad take to the twisties in his mid-sized sedan Goldwing is a site to behold.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Can-Am: Slow so you have time to enjoy the acceleration.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Spiffness posted:

being able to outrun sub 300cc learner bikes, supermotos, dirt bikes, dual sports, and harley baggers in a straight line is only a bragging point if you own a can-am I guess.

Definitely can't do this on spyder. I lose again.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Z3n posted:

But at the end of the day, you're still sitting next to a Ninja 250 in performance specs. You can't be faster than most bikes when your closest performing motorcycle is a ninja 250.

Strangely, four of these have gone up for sale on CL-Metro Detroit in the last hour and 15 minutes. Now that's some serious influence...

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

The can-am is pretty stable in the snow. That was pretty cool.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Marv Hushman posted:

Strangely, four of these have gone up for sale on CL-Metro Detroit in the last hour and 15 minutes. Now that's some serious influence...

"Started out on Can-Am. Ready to move up to Ninja 600. 20kOBO No low ballers."

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I support the feeble and crippled on Can-Ams.

They do look fun in a 'god I hope nobody sees me' kind of way.

This is the INTERNET and we're talking MOTORCYCLES vs TRIKES, there can be no peace.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

^^^^ in the grim darkness there is only trikes ^__^

I once rode my SV through a kiddy pool. That was pretty cool.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Z3n posted:

I once rode my SV through a kiddy pool. That was pretty cool.

Were there kids in it?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I attached them to my bike in advance like pontoons in case I started to fall over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Cam-Am: The drive wheel goes on the oily spot.

• Locked thread