Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Anyone else getting IMDbDataAccessError when trying to add something to CouchPotato (v1, Win r36)?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess that movie does not exist in the IMDB...

Tapedump fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

0.7.0 posted:

SABnzbd will now display an icon in the task bar (system area).
From there you have a few basic functions, making it easier to diagnose and fix some problems.
This is great.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

inpheaux posted:

So this is happening.

(Also, it looks like as of 0.7 the web UI is no longer considered by us to be "friendly".)

Haha I noticed that too. There are few things nerdier than laughing at a commit diff.

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
So I forgot I had changed credit card numbers recently and my unlimited plan didn't renew. I just chewed through my 10GB backup block. Is there a way I can limit how much of a backup plan to use? Like if the backup is going to use 1GB for a download, instead just have the download pause.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a download link for this beta? I think i am blind.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

kri kri posted:

Is there a download link for this beta? I think i am blind.
Betas live here, but based on that commit Shypike should be releasing 0.7 final any time now, so you might as well just wait.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

inpheaux posted:

Betas live here, but based on that commit Shypike should be releasing 0.7 final any time now, so you might as well just wait.

Is it feasible to run SABnzbd from source and just run `git pull` to grab new commits every now and then?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

It's nice to see Growl support in there. Have y'all considered doing Prowl/Boxcar/etc like Sickbeard and CouchPotatoServer do?

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Grayham posted:

Is it feasible to run SABnzbd from source and just run `git pull` to grab new commits every now and then?
Totally, just pull from develop and party on. It's a bit of a bitch running from source on Windows, and on Win/OSX you lose the tray integration, but for Linux running from source is no big deal.

EC posted:

It's nice to see Growl support in there. Have y'all considered doing Prowl/Boxcar/etc like Sickbeard and CouchPotatoServer do?
We've always had Growl-Growl support. 0.7 brings more generic Growl-ish support. I don't use it, so I can't comment on exactly how in-depth it is, but if you can point out what we're supposed to be implementing, enter an issue on GitHub or post about it on the forums.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
What is it about Usenet that leads to files getting so corrupted while they're propagating around the servers? Like, in total I've gotten maybe a half dozen corrupted files over HTTP/FTP ever, if that, but I'd say at least a third of Usenet files need repair.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

DMCA takedown requests, or a lovely provider.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

nap.app posted:

It sounds like they are saying they use 810p because it is higher quality than 720p in the same file size? It also sounds like they use filters to improve the quality?

It sounds like they might be trying to touch the (apparent) fact that anamorphic resolutions use less bandwidth for the same quality of video than non-anamorphic resolutions. I seem to recall reading this when reading about some guy who was trying to push 720p through 500kbps of video data.

Here is a presentation by the guy who did the above which gives a bunch of 'best practice' tips for h.264 encoding and the 8th last slide of the presentation touches on using anamorphic resolutions to save bandwidth for a given quality.

Essentially, padding the top and bottom rather than having a non-anamorphic resolution yields better quality results for a given bandwidth or, equivalently, less bandwidth for a given quality level. In practice, that means that 1280x720 video stretched to 1440 yields an 810 vertical resolution. Hence encoding it at 810 vertical pixels per frame (an anamorphic ratio to 1440) even if the actual video is 600 vertical pixels high.

I could completely be wrong because of the dodgy translation but that's what they seem to be trying to touch on to me.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

inpheaux posted:

Totally, just pull from develop and party on. It's a bit of a bitch running from source on Windows, and on Win/OSX you lose the tray integration, but for Linux running from source is no big deal.

Good to know. Thanks.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I've just noticed my Sickbeard seems to have trouble adding the sort of TV shows that you might want to watch every day. I'm guessing this is down to the massive list of episodes it needs to add to the database. Is this a known issue?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

MeKeV posted:

I've just noticed my Sickbeard seems to have trouble adding the sort of TV shows that you might want to watch every day. I'm guessing this is down to the massive list of episodes it needs to add to the database. Is this a known issue?

What sort of problems are you experiencing? It takes a lot of time to do the initial load of a show like that, but from there on out it all behaves normally. Just let it do it's thing and it'll load eventually, then you never have to go through that again.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

inpheaux posted:

We've always had Growl-Growl support. 0.7 brings more generic Growl-ish support. I don't use it, so I can't comment on exactly how in-depth it is, but if you can point out what we're supposed to be implementing, enter an issue on GitHub or post about it on the forums.

Is Growl in there on the Windows version? I never knew that. I'll have to go through it and take a look this evening.

I'd love to have the ability to send a Boxcar notification if a download fails, or completes, on certain categories.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

MeKeV posted:

I have one of those on my SB list, it takes hours to add since this one has hundreds of episodes. Eventually it should be good, if you ever do a full refresh you just gotta sit tight. I have to set the one I watch with a custom quality, since the only copies that get regularly get uploaded are 720p rips, but divx encodes.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

EC posted:

Is Growl in there on the Windows version? I never knew that. I'll have to go through it and take a look this evening.

I'd love to have the ability to send a Boxcar notification if a download fails, or completes, on certain categories.
Previously we only had Growl for OSX, now we have Growl for Windows, plus Notify OSD support for Ubuntu. I expect shortly after Mountain Lion drops (or shortly before) we'll figure out OSX Notification Center support as well.

stephenm00
Jun 28, 2006
Fixed

stephenm00 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 21, 2017

Strat
Nov 6, 2004

stephenm00 posted:

I am running SickBeard from source on Windows. Everything is working fine except post processing. When I used the precompiled versions, Sabnzbd used the .exe file. However, this is not included in the source version. Sabnzbd does not seem to be able to use the .py files and when I try to use the .exe it no longer works.

How are people setting up post post processing from source on Windows?

Works fine here. Didn't have to change anything when I switched from compiled to source.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I don't think SAB comes with any post processors, they're provided by Sickbeard and CouchPotato and other programs like that.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

stephenm00 posted:

I am running SickBeard from source on Windows. Everything is working fine except post processing. When I used the precompiled versions, Sabnzbd used the .exe file. However, this is not included in the source version. Sabnzbd does not seem to be able to use the .py files and when I try to use the .exe it no longer works.

Yeah I just used the same exe file.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

stephenm00 posted:

I haven't done this, but...

It makes me think maybe .py files aren't associated with pythonw.exe. Can you doubleclick a .py file in Explorer and have it run automatically?

You could also try making a bat file with contents along these lines:

code:
pythonw.exe post_processing_script.py %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6
Save that bat file and then use it as your post-processing script.

Toanek
Feb 21, 2008

It's a fiesta of personal triumph!

stephenm00 posted:

I had the same problem. Needed to add .PY to PATHEXT in the system variables.

stephenm00
Jun 28, 2006
Fixed

stephenm00 fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 21, 2017

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
I finally got things running smoothly with the following combo

1. A Linux Debian Squeeze server in a data center somewhere running sabnzbdplus and transmission-daemon
2. My home desktop (win7) running a special fork of sickbeard with better anime support (http://sickbeard.lad1337.de/) and a monthly build of XMBC 12.0 (needed the 10-bit H264 support for anime unfortunately)

I preferred to use sickbeard's post processor again because of anime (it allows me to name by season and absolute number, because sometimes episode numbering is ambiguous), so I just setup an NFS share and have it mounted in windows as a drive, and setup Sickbeard's post-processor to point to that share. I need to figure out if there is any significant overhead added as the download on my connection is only 25mbps.

Also, sabnzbd has post-processing, but it is called sorting in the options

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
0.7 final is out:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbdplus/files/sabnzbdplus/0.7.0/

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

who to blame? sourceforge or sab?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Download the file again? It worked fine for me, the 32bit windows installer that is.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

What does BoxHD and BoxSD mean on nzbs.org?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

kri kri posted:

What does BoxHD and BoxSD mean on nzbs.org?

I assume that stuff that's from box sets (of TV shows) instead of straight from the broadcast.

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
Really hesitant to upgrade to the new version of Sabnzbd until other people report back on how it goes.

Want to make sure it's compatible with sickbeard post processing script and stuff like that.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Ingram posted:

Really hesitant to upgrade to the new version of Sabnzbd until other people report back on how it goes.

Want to make sure it's compatible with sickbeard post processing script and stuff like that.

I upgraded earlier today, so we'll see how it goes tonight.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I've been running it for three days and I haven't seen any issues. Why don't you just zip up your current SAB folder and set it aside somewhere, and if you run into problems with the new one, just revert back?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
To be honest unless the devs are colossally stupid, there's no way to gently caress up post processing, as long as it passes the parameters in the right order it's fine.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ingram posted:

Its working fine, I guess you can use it now?

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
ok thanks guys I will give her a spin :)

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Ingram posted:

I've been using it since pre-beta and it's been solid. SAB really hasn't had a "bad" release I can recall in the entire "sabnzbdplus" era, the guys working on it are doing an excellent job.

The worst update I can think of was a few major versions ago (0.4.0 or 0.5.0 IIRC) when there were enough changes that the queues weren't able to be transferred over. Really not a big deal unless you're the type to queue up a few days worth of downloading and then let it run, and even then it just meant wait to upgrade until it's done.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 15, 2012

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Ingram posted:

We've been dog-fooding 0.7 for basically the past year. Plus we've now got zoggy on the team, who also does work for Sickbeard. Plus Shypike is sort of insane about backwards compatibility. It's fine.

The only thing we've ever really broken between builds in the past was when we migrated between queue/history storage formats, but we haven't screwed with those for 0.7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Batman
Sep 11, 2001

The Dark Knight
Confirming 0.7 works great. Thanks for all the hard work.