Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"That sounds like a lot of fun." She chortles. "A lot of faun. Wait, freely? It's kind of expensive, I thought. You must have a lot of vineyards... uh, in the forest?"

Lette accepts the water with a distracted nod, then giggles, turning back and whispering to Lo'el: "Think we'll be interrupting a meeting?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"That was a terrible joke, Lette." Despite his better judgement, he chuckles along with the girl and gives her a toothy grin. "My uncle has a small patch in a large clearing, not too far from the herd. Wonderful stuff, although not as good as this. Perhaps when this is all over, you could come and visit." Looking at the water given to her, he chuckles again and whispers back; "Quite likely. It seems all he does is work and hold meetings. Although, what better interruption to his work then a marriage proposal? If he is not working, then I hate to imagine that we will find him in a more...private setting."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Lette gasps in mock horror, gently swatting Lo'el's arm.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He gives the girl a confused smile as she hits his arm, wondering for a moment why she is so shocked before he realizes and laughs cheerfully. "I did not mean..that! Although, who can know for sure. From what I heard, Alec's thoughts were more or less along the same lines when Dolan communicated with him. He smiles again, playfully batting his tail against Lette in retaliation.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec

With a playful smile Alec masked his true level of wariness and fatigue. Instead he walks back and forth awkwardly, now instead of working his muscles he is keeping his mind relaxed. An entire year of walking through mountains, valleys and forests. He had lived on his feet pushed by duty and desperation. He had walked during the dead of night the ink of night surrounding him and hiding him from the other clans and sometimes tribes of Man-Things. To Alec walking had been a way of life and beyond that it had been what kept him alive.

Now he walked again, pacing back and forth struggling to stay alive in this new land. In all honesty, he wished he could join the revelry of Lette and Lo'el, but right now he had to focus. Even now surrounded by strange people and heavy forest, he had to focus on keeping moving. He was no longer moving in a direction, but more toward his inward thoughts. He was no longer on a path, and to be honest this disturbed him. There was no guiding force taking a control of his destiny, and for once Alec asked himself one question: Why?

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"In that case, I'm sure I don't want to know what you really meant," she deadpans, looking askance at Alec.

Her eyes go wide when she feels something bop her hindquarters, and with nary a thought she spins around and administers a reflexive slap to Lo'el. When she notes the wagging appendage emerging from the slats of the faun's leather skirt, she recoils in embarrassment. "Oh! Sorry. Um. That was your tail."

She falls silent for a few seconds, then snorts, once again failing to hold back laughter.

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 14, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec

He hears the slap across Lo'el's face and turns around. He pets lo'el on the shoulder and says "It is okay buddy, I got that treatment too and I married her!" Alec gives a rather natural grin to his old friend, though he privately wondered if his tail was making a pass on her on its own behalf.

Secretly the tall man was just glad to have something to distract him from his thoughts.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 14, 2012

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"Not 'and,' Alec; 'because.'"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec

"Well, had I known you would be so repulsed, I instead would have pointed out asking someone who cannot lie to lie does not end well." Alec smiled rather wearily.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

His head turns with the slap and he stares, unblinking, for a moment before he laughs and rubs a hand over the cheek. Aside from the shock, there is no lasting pain that comes from the impact. "Well, at least you do not leave such a mark as Dolan did. My apologies, sometimes it has a mind of it's own." He smiles back at Alec. "I have endured worse. Ladies in the herd were sometimes just as...playful."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Turning briefly, Isit gives the two youngsters a looks of disapproval. "The both of you should stick to water for th rest of the day." Sighing, she turns back to the sphinx. "Don't even ask why Lette and Alec were married. It wasn't a real marriage, and it'll make your head hurt."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Lette sighs at Alec. "Well, I didn't know you as well, then. That's why you don't rush into these things." She freezes, not daring to look to see if Naantali had heard her candid remark.

Clearing her throat, she turns back to Lo'el. "Well, I am learning a lot from Dolan. Give it time."

Catching Isit's look, Lette's eyes droop to the floor in shame. This must be it — slightly dizzy and giddy, tongue flapping freely. She must be making quite the rear end of herself.

She gulps the water. At this rate, she won't have room for breakfast.

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 14, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec

"As have I, I should invite you to my town. My friend Rothgard? Lost a finger. He never was very quick for sure. He called a girl so pretty that she lit up the sky like Weß. Good girl married him later." Alec smiled genuinely and laughed.

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Great, now she had made Lette feel bad. Sighing, she adds just a bit of wine to Lette's water. "Kids these days."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

Mostly trying to ignore Isit's remark. He grins at Lette, still rubbing his cheek. A shame that the girl had chosen to slap right on the same cheek that Dolan had done. "Well then, I shall refrain from giving you a reason to test more of your learned skills on me." He sinks his tail under his cloak again, trying to keep the thing from landing him in more trouble. He then turns to Alec. "She took his finger? And I thought ladies of the herd were stern." He chuckles, remembering stories of his own friend's fumbles in life, but keeps them unspoken for now. If anything, they should at least try to appear professional. Still, he cannot help but continue to smile gleefully.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec

"Well, he was a lucky one. Now my wife was a bit more soft on me than others. Our friend Thoryn, however, tried to take her feasting one night she didn't feel like it. She told me it was an accident, and to be fair he should have dodged. Took off his throat and jaw with her knife, killed him. That was not a good day, and she was very crushed. Spent many a night at our home crying and drinking with us. It was quite touching, we gave her a room until she had overcome her sadness. I think it was more she was going to marry him, and in fact had acquired a good kill and was going to hold a marriage feast. She married another, I think she was rebounding but what can you do? The heart wants what it wants." Alec continued his tale standing next to Lo'el.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

The smile fades for a moment and his eyes widen slightly at the northerner's tale, still slightly shocked and surprised at what the man would class as a 'good story'. "T-That's awful! The poor man." He catches the sphinx in the corner of his eye and then sees Dolan preparing Martin for the spell and he coughs nervously. "Umm, perhaps we should save these talks for another time. Hardly the time or place for such a grim tale."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec

"Grim? It had a happy ending! The man died honorably, better to remember him in cheer than in sadness. She found her husband!" What a strange people these fauns. "Well then here is another story. Woman named Erica, we called her Erica the Bloody. Now this is not 'grim' so don't worry. She was the one woman everyone wanted and no one could get. I personally was married at the time, but I was alive, and could see why. So every gift, every proclamation, every deed was ignored until one day, she was presented by a fine deer from quite the good young warrior. She returned the young warrior's favors and to everyone's surprise married her on the spot. Of course, every man felt very foolish that day, can you imagine how the women treated them for months after? Hardly a word, Hel, I had never seen a feasting call so quiet. After all, their affections had been lavished all on the one that didn't want them, and ignored the others who might have. Erica is quite nice I had her and her wife over often." Alec winked to Lo'el and whispered in his ear, "Watch yourself, don't want to give out unwanted signals. Poor Lette doesn't look like she has ever taken so much drink."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He looks around nervously as the man dives into another story, silently dreading what manner of 'glorious death' he would describe this time. Thankfully, this tale doesn't have such a sad backdrop and he finds himself almost sighing in relief. "A tale that involves the death of a friend is something I cannot help but view as grim. Although, such different views are to be expected. That other story sounds far more joyous though." With another quick glance to those around him, the faun lowers his voice. "A similar tale happened in the herd. Sil'ne and Nel'ne, amazing girls, found love in one another. Although Kaz'el still often tries to win both of them over. I never did quite understand why he seemed so sullen when his attempts obviously failed. He is a greater fool then myself though, so I did not feel so bad at laughing at his attempts."

At Alec's wink and whisper, Lo'el's ears spring up in surprise and he feels his cheeks glow again. Sadly, he cannot blame it on the wine this time. "I do not think... No, no. I did not mean it in such a way. It was only playful banter.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec

He whispers back quickly, "Oh good, don't want to give ideas that you don't want to follow through." Alec slaps him on the back and smiles naturally at him.

"So you don't look much younger than me, tell me what of your wife. Surely, you have been married, or whatever your herd calls it. Tell us a story, while we wait!"

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

Staggering slightly from the clap on the back, the faun smiles back, trying to ignore the whispered comment with only a quick passing glance at Lette. "Umm, now? I don't know if this is such a time..." His voice trails off as he sees that the man might not take 'no' for an answer and he sighs. Well, Dolan may need to time to prepare with Martin. Surely some talk couldn't hurt. "Oh well. Aha, no. No wife or anything like that. We do not have marriage in the herd. Well, at least not in the way that you all seem to have it. If two of my people wish to be together, then we simple are. No ceremony or big event, they just settle down together and decide to be with no one else. Although, many others do not make such a choice and remain single for their whole lives. Things are a lot more...free there."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec

"I know quite a few men who would agree with you. Also many more who wouldn't. I like the ceremony and celebration." Alec smiles and proceeds to question the faun a bit more. "So, how do some deal with the jealousy? I know for my people jealousy has caused more problems than enemies."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"Oh, jealously can come up at times, but it does not occur as much as you may expect. There is hardly much violence over it all either. It is not as if all those who remain single simply float from one partner to the next, regardless of feelings. Most stay with their partners for many years before ending things civilly and moving onto the next. Even the briefest of flings are often conducted like that and if such an act is likely to cause jealousy or hurt the feelings of another, then it simple is not done and we talk it through. If any such foolishness or hotheadedness carries on for long over a badly ended relationship, then the elders quickly stomp it out." He runs a hand through his hair. "It is...difficult to explain in words, and I fear I am not the right person to explain it all. It must seem very different to your ways of life."

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

Ignoring the others for now (though those two kids would need to work on their alcohol tolerance a bit), Dola scratches a pair of runes into the dirt. "Anything you directly think will be sent to lord Roland. Anything he thinks will be sent to you. If you do not wish to say something, don't think it. Anything you don't think will not be transmitted. Difficult, but I'm sure you can manage. You can send images the same way. I'll simply bridge the gap and remain silent, let you do the talking. You'll have about two minutes, after which I won't be able to maintain the connection without aid."

Figuring enough was enough, Dolan waits for Martin's signal that he is ready, then Channels the runes. Finding Roland over this distance would be the difficult part, but not impossible. Hopefully he would not be interrupting anything important.

7 FP per minute to connect the two, so I can do this 2 minute

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Martin de Mignolet

While the others chatter and have fun, Martin listens intently to Dolan and tries to prepare himself for the impending magical activities. "You make it sound a lot more simple than it probably is, you know." He decides to sit, hoping it will somehow improve his ability to focus. After a moment, he nods. "Okay. I'm not going to get more ready in any way, so you can go ahead and do it."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Lette looks down at her drink, water besmirched by wine. She was getting some mixed messages from Isit. "Sorry," she muttered, by now convinced that her cheeks were tomato-red. Lo'el and Alec were whispering, too. She had no idea what about, but it wasn't helping. "Haven't, um... had much wine. Before. Hope I'm not a nuisance."

Settling in near Isit, Lette sat in silence, nursing her dilute mixture — which wound up being neither as good as either the water or the wine on its own — and watching Dolan work. Finally, she as much wondered aloud as asked: "Naantali, what will you do if Lord Roland declines?" She hesitates. "And if he agrees, will you adopt a title? Or insist he drop his?" A minor point, but it was one that intrigued her.

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 15, 2012

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Diluting a tiny bit of wine in her water, Isit finally takes more than a small sip. Snorting, she smiles at Lette, and whispers. "We were all young once. Just didn't want you getting a hang over. Horses are nigh impossible to deal with while hung over. And they hate when you vomit on them." After Lette speaks, she chimes in. "Think you could make up a title to impress the city? Like 'Her holiness, the grand lioness of the dream wastes'. That might be fun to hear every day."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Thinking back to Old Swirdlowe's less cheerful moments, Lette perks up. "Isn't there a cure for that, though? I heard about one. I think it involves dog hair."

Nodding in consideration of Isit's suggestion, Lette chimes in, smiling: "or if you dislike them that much, maybe something like 'She Without A Title.'"

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Naantali lets the increasingly less coherent ambassadors talk with each other, keeping an interested ear and occasionally putting her massive paw over the ribbon and drumming her claws. "I'm glad to see that you're enjoying the wine," she says without any trace of snideness to Lette, right after her inappropriate kitten comment. "And no, I believe that's my job. Assuming the marriage is ever consummated, that is." She shrugs. "The future's full of uncertainty."

Only when Isit asks about the other side does the sphinx rouse herself from her distracted not-quite-tyoing with the ribbon. "The other side? Picture it as a... you know the froth on a mug of beer, really good beer? The way all the tiny little bubbles are built on top of each other and all around, different sizes, sometimes popping and melting together? That would be a good way to think of the other side. Everyone has their own... little realm, you might say. They're connected, but not limited to-" she gropes for words, frowning. "Physical connections. You can go from one to another based on nothing but familiarity. Between the bubbles, there are some things that don't even qualify as monsters; just chaos and destruction. Sometimes people are close enough that their dreams merge, sometimes bubbles are... forcibly brought together, sometimes-" She spreads her paws. "It is hard to say, because it is so utterly illogical. It is the realm of the mind, and minds rarely obey universal laws." The smile drops from her face as she continues, "As it happens, I do have more than a touch of magical talent- but the star isn't for that. It's because I, and many of my people, chose to worship the stars rather than the gods." Forcing a grin, she says, "After all- the stars never answer."

Dolan's attempt to contact Lord Roland fails- he can sense where the mayor is, but he's somehow... being blocked. Odd. Voice says, musing. That's not trivial magic; can you feel it? His entire mind's warded against all manner of intrusion. Not able to hear the interplay, Naantali grimaces. "It'll be a cold day in Plyussa's bed before I take any noblewoman's title- but I wouldn't ask him to forsake his. Any children-" She grins. "That would be a different argument, but one that's astonishingly premature."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

She nods, not understanding most of what Naantali said. "Okay, so the other side is a bunch of dreams jamming into each other. Sounds like a confusing place to live. Guess you had to just hope you ended up in a good on?" Leaning forward, she drops her voice to a whisper. "Begging your pardon on behalf of the kids. They're young, and haven't done anything remotely diplomatic related. I think they got excited about the free wine, and are celebrating that they ain't been killed by bandits, or wizards yet." Leaning back, her voice raises to a conversational tone. "I like the stars thing. Seems like a better thing to worship, the gods being what they are. poo poo, if you got a temple I might join it."

She raises an eyebrow as the talk turns to children. She was still a bit unsure if they could even manage the act it's self. But people were creative. Overhearing Lette, she chuckles. "The hair of the dog thing means you got to keep drinking the next morning until you can't feel feelings, or hangovers anymore. Hair of the dog that bit you, get it? Not such a good saying when you think on it."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"Um... oh." Though it hadn't been the wisest phrasing, Lette is suddenly unsure whether Naantali truly knew that it was just a figure of speech. But then, could be that the sphinx just has one of the driest senses of humor she'd ever encountered. At any rate, she wasn't going to explain it; better to chance the misunderstanding than to risk coming off oblivious — or worse, condescending.

"The stars! Gosh. You must know the night sky like the back of your paw!" If the gang is still in the freehold come nightfall, Lette hopes to have the opportunity to stargaze with their host. It's been some two or three years since she'd really shared the night sky with anyone. Well, there was her attempt to talk about it with Martin the other night, but that was a bust. She suddenly and acutely missed her ma. "Do many worship the stars? I don't know- I mean, I don't think I've met anyone else to say so."

She purses her lips and shrugs at Isit's assessment of the wine situation. Even though she'd stopped drinking, she still felt the effects. In fact, it seemed to be getting worse. She took a breath, blinking away the sense of somehow being off balance while sitting still.

"Oh. I guess that's what he meant." Booze giveth, booze taketh away. "Um, a hangover, that's pretty much like a bad headache, right? Does it always happen?"

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 15, 2012

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

"We may have to return after all," Dolan says with a sigh. "Lord Roland has been warded. I can't contact him directly. I'll try to get in touch with Dirksen to tell Roland to expect us, but if I can't find anyone..." Scratching another rune in the dirt, he concentrates on making contact. The poo poo he has to do to arrange a damned marriage.

Fine I'll go through a middleman

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec

Listening to the sphinx was a bit hard as he tried to divert the faun's attention away from Lette. Better to have at least one clear head in the group. Dolan's words, however, struck him as bad. If they had to go, then they would run themselves down and possibly die. Alec said "Would it be better if those who were poisoned stay here? That way we could at as a go between. If not, the fastest riders could go and those who cannot ride as well can stay. I would walk faster than I ride, and it prevents us from having to do the journey twice for no reason." Alec looks more weary than he had ever been before continuing on. "I know that I honestly cannot fight another battle, and I suspect the way back will not be clear. Those rocks? perfect for another ambush. I'm not sure if being on the horse for so long would do me in or not. I'd rather not have to be dragged by a horse to Noah unconscious." If they were attacked while going back, there was a very real possibility he would be completely useless.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 15, 2012

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"With Isit unwell, we've only got two riders." One of whom was decidedly off balance, but that had to fade before long, right? "Martin was going to- to tell him anyway, so he still can. I'll go with. We could be back by nightfall." She eyes Dolan. "Unless we're really comfortable with Dirksen. I dunno. Now that we know... now that we, um, have a sense of who's out there — which really means we don't, I guess, since they're super-secret — I think the fewer links in the chain, the better."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He listen's to Naantali intently, feeling his perked up ears droop as he tries to imagine such a place as the otherside. Despite his sympathy for her and the rest of the freehold, he can't help but feel...grateful that his kind were spared the horrible existence there. Just what had his people done to deserve such safety? So many questions that only Dinym herself seemed to be able to give the real answers to. Perhaps she would listen if he called... Regardless, even if she did not, such questions would not bring great harm if they should remain unanswered and greater troubles required his attention now.

"A shame that Roland cannot be reached. Even if we can relay the message to Dirksen, we will have to return ourselves to make sure nothing is lost or misinterpreted." He turns to Lette. "Just you two? Given the trouble we had reaching this forest, are you certain you will be alright? If tied into the saddle myself, I could probably keep pace well enough. After all, I think I am getting the hang of it. If three stay and three go now, then at least we will be making each trip back with three sets of eyes and ears to watch our surroundings."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"Lo'el, that's sweet and all, and believe me, three'd be welcome. But speed is a factor. We'd be taking it at a gallop where we could." She gulps down more plain water. Hand taking to the transaction more enthusiastically than face, some of it spills into her lap. "Bother."

Quickly forgetting about this, she continues: "Even if you're secured well enough to keep pace, if you don't know what you're doing, you're signing up for a solid day's worth of half-ton pounding to your nethers. Dunno if you'll be in much shape to react to things."

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 15, 2012

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"The thought of a hard ride like that does not sound pleasant, I must admit. Very well then, if you wish for me to stay, then I will not push my willingness to go with you any more. The horses do have quite a speed to them, perhaps you could outrun any danger that may come your way. Do be careful though, both of you. Perhaps we'll give it until nightfall to try contacting Martin or yourself?" He whips his cloak around and passes it to her, to clean up her spill. "Oh, feel free to take Eclipse. I'll keep an eye on your horse and the others."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Isit nods along with the conversation. She'd been meaning to suggest that very thing. It was a pity that that two of the best riders were also two of the best fighters as well. The return trip would be a bit more dangerous for that. "Guess the rest of us will have to rest, and get more healing. Hate feelin useless like this, but one good punch might kill me at this point. drat wizards."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Martin de Mignolet

Martin sits there looking perplexed as nothing happens. Hello? Is it supposed to work this way? As the other chatter around him he realizes that the spell in fact has done nothing, and shakes his head in frustration. "Well, that is certainly a bother, isn't it? Let the Captain know, yes, but we should return and bring the full message to Roland ourselves. Tell him also that we were attacked on the way out and that Alec and Isit are recuperating from their injuries." Why does everything always have to be so gods-damned complicated these days, he wonders to himself, rubbing his temples vigorously with both hands to ward off the oncoming headache. He hadn't really wanted to leave so soon, but then, work was work, and that work was of the highest importance right now.

After a moment he stands up slowly, stretching his legs once he is upright. "Lette, we should leave as soon as we can. Although if you need a while to sober up, my lady, then I can wait. After all I must admit to not being much of a healer, so if you should fall then we are both out of luck," he notes with a hint of acidic sarcasm. Of course, he was once a young man who couldn't drink, so on reflection he considers that perhaps that was a little harsh, but he couldn't help himself.

Finally he turns back to the front of the room and addresses Naantali. "I just want to truly thank you again for your hospitality, the help you've given my companions, and your willingness to deal with the city of Noah. I feel safe leaving my friends here, and I personally am in your debt. With your leave, Lette and I shall go deliver your offer to Lord Roland," he declares, still clearly having trouble not being even more formal and proper in his dealings with the Freehold's leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"I think I'll be fine." Lette rises to her feet. A wave of dizziness passes over her, but subsides before she can even sway. "Yeah, I can go."

Her stomach growls audibly. "...Let me just eat something real quick. Then we'll go."

Drunk rolls:
Lette had 3 glasses of wine. Inebriation trigger is ST/4 = 2.75 drinks in an hour, so roll against HT 12, -2 for empty stomach = 10.
<Mukbot> Aeolius, 3d6: 10 [3d6=6,2,2]
Another 3/4 glass would have induced an additional -1, but this time I am fine. Somehow.

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 15, 2012

• Locked thread