Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Every week I have mini panic attacks worrying about the boys and their wellbeing. And the webzone being down is NOT HELPING ONE BIT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

I just got into these guys a few days ago after stumbling across some craigs house bits on youtube and I really like it. Sucks that the old itunes downloads aren't working, I wanted to listen to the fight episode everyone was talking about.

So far I've listened to the most recent 5 episodes, now I've skipped back to 300 and I'm working my way up from there while I study. Starting from 1 was too daunting. I can't believe they've been doing it for so long for loving free, that's crazy.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Hey! Is there an alternate spot I can download old episodes from? I'm about to go out of my mind without Johnathan and Seth in my earholes.

I even went so far as downloading another podcast. Something called the Pof D Kodcast. It was... bad. I'm sorry Johnathan. I'm sorry Seth.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

im a girl btw posted:

I just got into these guys a few days ago after stumbling across some craigs house bits on youtube and I really like it. Sucks that the old itunes downloads aren't working, I wanted to listen to the fight episode everyone was talking about.

So far I've listened to the most recent 5 episodes, now I've skipped back to 300 and I'm working my way up from there while I study. Starting from 1 was too daunting. I can't believe they've been doing it for so long for loving free, that's crazy.

I always tell people to start at 1 but I realize it's a daunting task. At least listen to 15, 24, 33 and 66 (those are some good early eps off the top of my head) and 101-130 is a particularly good run. 15 has the story of Seth meeting his soulmate and it might be the best story ever told on this show.

I still love the show but most people seem to agree that the earlier stuff was a bit better.

I got my tickets for Boston. Friday I'm seeing Sarah Silverman (who is one of my female comedy heroes) and Saturday I'm seeing my podcasting heroes. Gonna be the best weekend in forever.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 13, 2012

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a starwar betamax posted:

Hey! Is there an alternate spot I can download old episodes from? I'm about to go out of my mind without Johnathan and Seth in my earholes.

I even went so far as downloading another podcast. Something called the Pof D Kodcast. It was... bad. I'm sorry Johnathan. I'm sorry Seth.

You should be able to get most the episodes from the feedburner link on the homepage.

e: Now that I'm home I went to get the link to post but that's down too.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 13, 2012

birds
Jun 28, 2008

drat it, I was blaming Instacast for not being able to download the new podcast but it appears that Jonathan and Seth have vanished off the face of the earth.

Not really. From their Twitter.

UhhYeahDude ‏@UhhYeahDude
@ohheydog Our site and feed are down right now which may affect what you can dl on iTunes. Sorry we’re working on it.

birds fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 13, 2012

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Wait, how does that work? Doesn't Apple everything on itunes and the app store themselves? That would be a huge security hole if they didn't.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Bobby Malone posted:

Wait, how does that work? Doesn't Apple everything on itunes and the app store themselves? That would be a huge security hole if they didn't.

Nope, I think iTunes just sort of aggregates and distributes. I upload my lovely podcast on an unconnected website and people just download it via iTunes. If the site I uploaded it goes down then I guess iTunes can't fetch it and it essentially just disappears until the site comes back up again.

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

I watched all the clips from the Seattle show on the UYD youtube today, looks like they're even better live. One day when I'm rich I'll make a trip to the states just to see them.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
The site's back up! No new episode!

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
New episode is finally up (in the event anyone is checking this thread for that reason).

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Seth's rant about Johan Santana's no-hitter is so on point.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Cake. Cake cake cake cake. Cake.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
A good episode. Can't wait to dip into those Subway nachos.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yo, Seth is/was an actor, who went to auditions, that means he's got headshots, I wanna see them headshots.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Seth's rant about Johan Santana's no-hitter is so on point.

It was so good, you could tell he was on the verge of a full-on panny.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Yo, Seth is/was an actor, who went to auditions, that means he's got headshots, I wanna see them headshots.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. How do we go about finding them?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Javier, we're in a stadium full of crazy people. We've gotta get out NOW

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Calling it now: Gay Marriage>Hugh Hef dead>Legal Weed>Instant Replay in Baseball.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

causticBeet posted:

Calling it now: Gay Marriage>Hugh Hef dead>Legal Weed>Instant Replay in Baseball.

A slippery slope if I've ever seen one.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Madea 1: First Blood is my favorite of the series.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Could someone make a youtube page for Ep 325's Ruffles segment? That had me losing it, but I don't have video editing software. (You'd need that even to juxtapose a still image with the clip, right?)

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Episode 127 has Seth seriously the most on-point he ever has been. holy poo poo.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

god drat, I always lose it at BOSHK.

Zeeco
Jan 4, 2012
Does anyone know what episode it is with the story of the security guard and the Spanish woman and her baby being put through the baggage carousel which they then reenact where Jonathan plays the guard and the woman and Seth plays the baby? Because I just remembered that and it's the best part of any episode in the history of UYD.

Real Mike OMalley
Apr 11, 2007
I am actually Mike O'Malley, host of Nickelodeon GUTS and star of CBS' Yes, Dear

Zeeco posted:

Does anyone know what episode it is with the story of the security guard and the Spanish woman and her baby being put through the baggage carousel which they then reenact where Jonathan plays the guard and the woman and Seth plays the baby? Because I just remembered that and it's the best part of any episode in the history of UYD.

I just listened to this one the other day, it's somewhere in the early 50s I'm fairly sure.

Speaking of which, episode 55 is very strong one and probably a good suggestion for any friends you want to expose to the show. They cover plenty of bases, including the origin of "show me the tweiiins," the story of Jonathan meeting John Popper backstage, and a play-by-play of one of the creepiest TCAPs ever (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAM9ZAdv58Q)

edit: big surprise that the TCAP segment is from Florida

Real Mike OMalley fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 19, 2012

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is it weird the someone mentioning the TCAP recaps are what drew me in in the first place? And drat they're just as good as I thought they'd be and brought me back to watching that loving show all the time as a teenager.

They've also introduced me to the phrase "bone down on" which I absolutely adore :3:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

AltronHGX posted:

They've also introduced me to the phrase "bone down on" which I absolutely adore :3:

Every time I use that phrase now around someone who's never heard it before their faces just LIGHT up with joy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Say, whereabouts could a UYD newb such as myself learn more about the origins of the thread title? :)

I'm guessing Seth said it since he's self-proclaimed computer illiterate.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Yeah, first part is Seth just intentionally jumbling random computer terms, second part is Craig's House

TLM
Mar 3, 2009

Zeeco posted:

I am actually listening to these starting from episode 1 and heard this the other day. It's from episode 44. They talk about it earlier, but the specific part you are talking about kicks in at 22:30.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Dang, meant to do this a while ago:

Muchos Machos Nachos, at Subway

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Riptor posted:

Every time I use that phrase now around someone who's never heard it before their faces just LIGHT up with joy

For me, this is when I use the phrase "cloaked out"/"cloaking".

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
A bunch of drama about the tumblr fansite, UYD4L, is going down on the Facebook page (I'd post a link but my phone's not letting me; it's easy enough to find though) and one of the people who created that site wrote an essay about why she's no longer a fan of the show (here). I don't know how much truth there is to this since it's only one side of the story, and it certainly wouldn't keep me from listening to the show even if it was true, but I do agree that the official UYD forums can be kinda mean-spirited and cult-like (and annoying - everyone tries to talk like Seth and Jonathan). That's not Seth or Jonathan's fault, of course, but I'm glad that we have this thread to talk about the show rather than having to deal with those lovely forums.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 20, 2012

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
God, podcast fans really are the fuckin worst. I'm not going to read a bunch of butthurt whining about how she was personally betrayed by the show so care to summarize?

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
Called the voicemail about a really horrible vanity plate I saw that I wasn't sure was ironic or not. I left my number JIC. Maybe I'll get a reply. My secret is to not expect anything, so when something cool happens in my life, it's really rad as gently caress.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Man, people take the internet really seriously. Like, a lot of that seems like it could've been avoided. I get why she's turned off listening to the podcast, and why she's turned off being involved with any Tumblr/UYD forum, but it seems like the poo poo she actually went through is a product of her own making. Like, it's a shame that fans are bullshitty and annoying, but fans of anything are on the whole pretty bullshitty and annoying and should be avoided at all costs. This is a fact of life that more people need to realize.

I do agree with her point about Jonathon's use of the word "human being" and his thoughts on women, but then the paragraph immediately after she goes into some "This podcast is negative, who do these failures think they are criticizing people!" bullshit that shouts down any of her legitimate complaints.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

A bunch of drama about the tumblr fansite, UYD4L, is going down on the Facebook page (I'd post a link but my phone's not letting me; it's easy enough to find though) and one of the people who created that site wrote an essay about why she's no longer a fan of the show (here). I don't know how much truth there is to this since it's only one side of the story, and it certainly wouldn't keep me from listening to the show even if it was true, but I do agree that the official UYD forums can be kinda mean-spirited and cult-like (and annoying - everyone tries to talk like Seth and Jonathan). That's not Seth or Jonathan's fault, of course, but I'm glad that we have this thread to talk about the show rather than having to deal with those lovely forums.

One of the interesting things about UYD is that, because it's mostly-unscripted (as far as I can tell they just have index cards with topics on them and web/magazine articles they read aloud), you see a lot of sides to Seth and Jonathan. After 320-odd hours of listening to them talk, you get a really rounded picture of what they're like. Sometimes you get things like the adoption fight, or a sobering moment where they mutually confront a genuine fear of old age. Sometimes you get stuff like Jah's stupid "human being" backpedaling.

Anyone who thinks of Seth and Jah as being immaculately cool, caring guys is just taken in by how funny they are. And they are really loving funny. But they're just two regular guys, and LA guys at that. Egocentricism comes with the territory. I remember listening to the two of them talk poo poo about register jockeys and Starbucks employees and being really annoyed by how entitled and shitheaded they were being. But I appreciate that they don't edit that out, either.

They're hilarious, entertaining guys to hear have a conversation, but that doesn't mean that they're always right, or that they're a couple of saints.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

I don't blame Seth/Jonathon for being annoyed by anyone who would write a tumblr post like that. I browsed the wall of text, and all I could get out
of it was some moaning about Seth making her cry because she was blowing up his personal phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

(and annoying - everyone tries to talk like Seth and Jonathan)
Yeah I can't stand that. Now can we get back to talking about how on-point and dope cloaking it is before I have a full-on panny?