Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Factor_VIII posted:

It seems that Rider and Saber are currently the most popular male and female characters respectively according to a poll by Newtype:

drat, Lelouche and Kira? Impressive staying power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Factor_VIII posted:

It seems that Rider and Saber are currently the most popular male and female characters respectively according to a poll by Newtype:

Wait, no Kotomine and Gilgamesh is only at #7? What the hell is wrong with people.

And at first I was happy to see Kiritsugu on the list, because ever since he killed Kayneth the internet has been really annoying with its hate towards him. So it was nice to see him in the top 10 of a popularity contest. But then I realized that Kerry is probably who they voted for rather than Kiritsugu as an adult. :sigh:

In other news, Type-Moon and Nitro+ are working together to create the ultimate dating sim!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgtA2msb6Rk
You get to choose between Waver Velvet, Waver Velvet, Waver Velvet, Waver Velvet, and Waver Velvet (my personal favorite).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What the gently caress has Fukai Ao done to deserve to be anywhere near that list?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

God drat it Japan why do you like Kira so much?

At least Lacus is finally off of the female rankings.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I still don't see the appeal of Saber as a character in F/SN, yet her F/Z incarnation, the one with even less character development, is the most popular female character? What?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

I still don't see the appeal of Saber as a character in F/SN, yet her F/Z incarnation, the one with even less character development, is the most popular female character? What?

F/Z Saber wears a business suit and rides a motorcycle and hangs out with Irisviel. She may not be developed that much, but she's definitely cool.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

BlitzBlast posted:

I think people are voting for Saber in general rather than compartmentalizing and judging her solely on her Fate/Zero performance.

Sanguinia posted:

drat, Lelouche and Kira? Impressive staying power.
I guess the phrase "Nobody fucks with the Jesus" is correct.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Nate RFB posted:

What the gently caress has Fukai Ao done to deserve to be anywhere near that list?

Be young and have blue hair, I guess. Japan has odd taste in male leads, and Rider's probably up there as much for yaoi/bara stuff as he is for being King of Bros.

And Saber's in a suit, has that bushido honor thing going on, and is suffering all the time. That's hot to a lot of otaku.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
There's probably a lot of factional voting going on as well. People really like the series, Saber is the flagship character, so they vote for her to show support for the series.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Marin Karin posted:

You get to choose between Waver Velvet, Waver Velvet, Waver Velvet, Waver Velvet, and Waver Velvet (my personal favorite).

:swoon: Finally a dating sim everyone can like.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm just surprised Lancer isn't in the top 10. It seems like he's really popular with the female fanbase.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Marin Karin posted:

In other news, Type-Moon and Nitro+ are working together to create the ultimate dating sim!

I'm surprised we're still getting Kishimen parodies, it's been 5 years.

And Kira? Still?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Marin Karin posted:

Wait, no Kotomine and Gilgamesh is only at #7? What the hell is wrong with people.

And at first I was happy to see Kiritsugu on the list, because ever since he killed Kayneth the internet has been really annoying with its hate towards him. So it was nice to see him in the top 10 of a popularity contest. But then I realized that Kerry is probably who they voted for rather than Kiritsugu as an adult. :sigh:

Well now there's a song I haven't heard since the heady internet hayday of Code Geass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF0Tt_7SbSA

:allears: Yep, still funny. This particular upload is missing the "gameplay" segment though.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Gackt posted:

And Kira? Still?

SEED has an HD remastered version running on TV right now.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

MagicalDuck posted:

SEED has an HD remastered version running on TV right now.

You'd think being reminded of him would give them even LESS reason to vote for him.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
:tviv: :tviv: :tviv: :tviv:

that was the best episode of anything ever holy loving poo poo

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Gilgamesh forgets about his garden being enjoyable for the end of time pretty quickly considering in 10 years time he wants to smear the grail goop all over it.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Zahki posted:

Gilgamesh forgets about his garden being enjoyable for the end of time pretty quickly considering in 10 years time he wants to smear the grail goop all over it.

Well, a Gilgamesh who's had 10 days to see the shape his garden has taken in his absence might have a different opinion than one whose had 10 years.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Also that he himself has been smeared with said goop and it didn't exactly have a cleansing and restorative effect on his mental state. :v:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Pierson posted:

Also that he himself has been smeared with said goop and it didn't exactly have a cleansing and restorative effect on his mental state. :v:

Didn't he specifically dismiss the notion that then Grail Slime corrupted him?

Not saying he couldn't have been WRONG, but still.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

WickedIcon posted:

:tviv: :tviv: :tviv: :tviv:

that was the best episode of anything ever holy loving poo poo

Late to the party as well, but yeah, this. The Berserker/Lancelot reveal, his fight with Saber, destroying her bike and all those guns... And the Rider/Gil fight, Waver's war cry, Ea coming out of Gate of Babylon with that key that Gil had, Enuma Elish shattering Ionian Hetarioi and killing all of Iskander's loyal and pledged troops, Rider taking Bucephalus into a final charge against Gil and it getting skewered by Gate of Babylon, Gil restraining Iskander with Enkidu and then stabbing him with Ea, and then him sparing Waver. All that was amazing.

Can't wait until next episode... Wrapping up soon, right? Two more episodes?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Sanguinia posted:

Didn't he specifically dismiss the notion that then Grail Slime corrupted him?

Not saying he couldn't have been WRONG, but still.

I think he'd act the same either way, pretty much. To Gil, everything is his to dispose of as he pleases and other people are just convenient possessions that amuse him or don't. Either the grailstuff did corrupt him and he wants to destroy humanity because he's loving crazy, or it didn't corrupt him and he wants to destroy humanity because he thinks we're all ugly and worthless, unworthy to be ruled by him.

Even regular anime-ways of saying HEY THIS DUDE IS NUTS don't really work with Gil, because something like keeping children in a dungeon and sucking them dry for life is absolutely something Gil would do.

edit; TM Wiki says it didn't. So he's just regular crazy. :v:

Pierson fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 14, 2012

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

GhostStalker posted:

Can't wait until next episode... Wrapping up soon, right? Two more episodes?
I think it's just one more episode. Two seasons of 12.
And the end of this last episode set up the Kiritsugu-Kirei battle, which has been set up as the climax since the beginning.

cooldude2.0 fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 15, 2012

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

cooldude2.0 posted:

I think it's just one more episode. Two seasons of 12.
And the end of this last episode set up the Kiritsugu-Kirei battle, which has been set up as the climax since the beginning.

The first season was 13 episodes. There should only be two more episodes though for a total of 25.

Good_Haro
Mar 14, 2009

Noted shitposter.
I'm just gonna leave this here...

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Goddamn that's basically perfect.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Marin Karin posted:

They should really add Wesley Crusher from Star Trek, The Next Generation as an option in this new "game" here. Now, that's choice.

I'm looking forward to finding out what happened during this war that caused the next war to occur only 10-years later. That will be revealed, right? I haven't played FS/N and don't plan to.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dan7el posted:

That will be revealed, right?

Not explicitly.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Dan7el posted:

They should really add Wesley Crusher from Star Trek, The Next Generation as an option in this new "game" here. Now, that's choice.

Is there a joke I'm missing here?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Episode 24 - The Last Command Seal

Happy Father's Day!

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 16, 2012

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Marin Karin posted:

Happy Father's Day!

Oh my god.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Holy loving poo poo, this series. :stare:

Kiritsugu is a stone cold motherfucker and is also the best. Not even Urobuchi can break his spirit.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
^Ahaha wait til the end before you say something like that, bro.

"Honey, you're leaking a bit."

And now you know why Ilya's so messed up. It's in the blood

The timing for these episodes is goddamned uncanny.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Angra Mainyu is the biggest troll.

It really has been a great run, we're down to one more episode left then?

InsaneZero
Feb 16, 2011
This episode just screams "BUY THE BLU-RAY". There's just a lot of obvious editing done, especially in the first half of the episode.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed with this episode. No Emiya? No All the Evils of the World? And poor Lancelot, his entire backstory got cut out. Kirei vs Kiritsugu was also way too short, but it was still loving awesome to see so I won't complain too much about that one. The scene with Iri and Ilya wasn't very good either compared to the drama CD. Kiritsugu's VA on the CD is so heart wrenching and sad yet in the anime he just sounds bored by comparison.

The theater scene was done perfectly, though. Saber's VA was perfect there.

At the very least, I hope the Blu-Rays will fix the pacing issues this episode had. This episode needed to be 5-10 minutes longer, seriously.

edit: And what the gently caress was with him just being on the island, but with black rain? This is how it should have been done (from the novel):

quote:

Kiritsugu was lost for words, and looked around him.

A pulsating sea of black mud.

Rotten corpses formed sunken mountains here and there.

The sky was crimson. Crimson like blood. In the descending rain of black mud, a jet-black Sun held up the Heavens.

The blowing winds were curses and resentment.

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 16, 2012

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Yeah, we'll see how it looks when the disk comes out, but as of right now, it's kind of anticlimatic with all the things that could have been there but aren't.

e: though, I will say that it wasn't a bad episode in any sense, some parts were just painful to watch, but it could have been quite a lot more.

Flappy Bert fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 16, 2012

InsaneZero
Feb 16, 2011
https://twitter.com/hikaruufo/status/214021914283352064

Like I thought, the full episode complete with OP will come in the blu-ray version.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I liked most of the episode. The fights being cut down will almost certainly be fixed on the BD (or maybe on an online broadcast like the Banquet of Kings was). Irisviel not wearing a black dress is fine, that was dumb anyway. The execution for the grail interior scene fell a little flat, but the last part of it was still great. I'm hoping the BDs won't just reuse a bunch of backgrounds though, some of the descriptions of that scene in the book are really great.

InsaneZero posted:

https://twitter.com/hikaruufo/status/214021914283352064

Like I thought, the full episode complete with OP will come in the blu-ray version.

Well, there we go then!

E: If I have any complaints then it's the dumb voiceovers during the Kotomine vs Kiritsugu fight. There wasn't anything in there that couldn't have been explained just from visual cues alone.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
The way Angra Mainyu torments Kiritsugu here makes him a lot more horrifying than in F/SN, where he just spews word salad ("The starting penalty is five") into Shirou's brain.

• Locked thread