Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

DeathSandwich posted:

So in Nocturne, does the demon with Lucky Find have to be in the active party in order to find poo poo on the world map? My High Pixie has it but she's behind in levels (18 compared to 27 on MC) and I don't really have anything worthwhile to fuse her into. If she is stocked will she still find me presents?

I ask because the first three items she found me were a bead chain, a soma, and chakra pot.

Keep in mind what you fuse your pixie into, and don't use it as a sacrifice when fusing. There's a special door later on that you can only open if you have a 'friend from the very beginning' or something. You'll get a nice little bonus. As far as I'm aware, you can have the demon in question in the non active party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Those who are able to read Japanese, there's someone live streaming the golden at the minute Here.

Combat looks a lot more.. fluid and animated than the Ps2 version, and everyone's wearing slacks of some sort or another!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

You can go out at night :aaa:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Tithin Melias posted:

Those who are able to read Japanese, there's someone live streaming the golden at the minute Here.

Combat looks a lot more.. fluid and animated than the Ps2 version, and everyone's wearing slacks of some sort or another!

Wow, I'm at 1:14 (recording is here for anyone who missed the stream like me) and it looks like fusing has had a huge overhaul. I know no Japanese, but as far as I can tell it's a list of personas he can currently make on the left, and the required ingredients on the right? With multiple of each persona for all the different possible combinations. I think it's even showing ingredients that aren't currently in his party.

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 17, 2012

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Looks like it's straight up Devil Survivor's system now. Which is perfectly fine by me.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Suaimhneas posted:

Wow, I'm at 1:14 (recording is here for anyone who missed the stream like me) and it looks like fusing has had a huge overhaul. I know no Japanese, but as far as I can tell it's a list of personas he can currently make on the left, and the required ingredients on the right? With multiple of each persona for all the different possible combinations. I think it's even showing ingredients that aren't currently in his party.

Oh my god, YES. I was hoping/expecting that at least you'd be able to select the inherited skills, but if you're reading it correctly, it looks like they took the Devil Survivor system where the game tells you what you need to make a certain Persona. Yes, yes, YES! That's really useful for when you want to make a Persona that has skills that offset its weakness. Yay!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
This makes me hope for SMTIV to have a reworking of the Fusion system too. Please make that happen, Atlus!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

This makes me hope for SMTIV to have a reworking of the Fusion system too. Please make that happen, Atlus!

Well, it does seem likely at this point if they're even bringing it into P4G as well.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

There are people here who are already playing Golden, you know. I can tell you exactly what that is.

Yeah, you can get a "reverse lookup" list of what you can currently make and go from there instead of from the double/triple fusion screens. You also get to pick the skills to inherit. There's also an online component that shows you the most popular fusions among players with the same ingredients.

The game has a fuckload of gameplay tweaks, added mechanics and new scenes. I haven't gone more than 10 minutes yet without it throwing something at me that wasn't in the original.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Catalina posted:

I was hoping/expecting that at least you'd be able to select the inherited skills,

Edit: ^^^ WELP I can't tell if this is the case or not because he backed out of the menu without fusing anything :argh: And also because I haven't played Devil Survivor due to not liking tactical RPGs. Did that game have those ability slots with the dashes and the red background when fusing something, and if so was that to show slots where you could pick the skills you wanted?

Also I think they've tweaked Yukiko's blushing portrait so it looks a little less like she's drunk now, so there's another improvement. :v:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

More funny P4G stuff:
http://i.imgur.com/aoFIX.jpg
What a nice, respectable looking young man.

e: VV looks like it

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 17, 2012

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TurnipFritter posted:

More funny P4G stuff:

Is that Naoto in the back?

Also did anyone notice in that stream link, when he was fighting Mitsuo.

8-bit rendition of I'll face myself.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

More funny P4G stuff:

e: VV looks like it

That picture owns and if I hadn't just bought an avatar I'd get one of that.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.

Alteisen posted:

That is the best thing and it made me click the link to see where it was. Turns out, I really like listening to this guy talk even though I don't understand a word of what he's saying.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

TurnipFritter posted:

What is this feeling? Is this what they call, a mancrush? Obviously the date and month is left out so you don't know when this takes place.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Dastardly posted:

What is this feeling? Is this what they call, a mancrush? Obviously the date and month is left out so you don't know when this takes place.

Welcome... to moe. :nyoron:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

:nws: Hey you guys like(?) talking about Naoto right

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, for gently caress's sake.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I guess half of the new outfits are cool poo poo like the phoenix ranger featherman R suits, Naoto's sherlock clothes, etc, and half is creepy poo poo?

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Oh come on this is worse than the high-cut armor. :gonk:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah it's kind of frilly but I don't see what the prob:stare:

I guess we know why the rating got bumped up now.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Now that we know all these terrible things, we'd be hypocrites and perverts of the worst order if we still purchased the game (even used) or attempted to play it in any way.

Glad we got that out of the way. Now we don't have to be bothered discussing the game anymore. :tizzy:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Justice posted:

Glad we got that out of the way. Now we don't have to be bothered discussing the game anymore. :tizzy:

...honestly I'd be cool if P4chat stopped and we suddenly got more SMT4 info, yes.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Not until August I assume. (that's when the remake of soul hackers comes out, right?) So let's close the thread until August.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Cityinthesea posted:

Not until August I assume. (that's when the remake of soul hackers comes out, right?) So let's close the thread until August.

I sure hope it's a trailer trailer and not something like 10 seconds of footage followed by a logo.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Justice posted:

Now that we know all these terrible things, we'd be hypocrites and perverts of the worst order if we still purchased the game (even used) or attempted to play it in any way.

Uh not really, just don't use those outfits.

PROBLEM SOLVED GUYS! :smugteddie:

Speaking of SMT4 why do you guys think they're making it for 3DS? Are there just more SMT games in nintendo handhelds?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

I sure hope it's a trailer trailer and not something like 10 seconds of footage followed by a logo.

I'm sure it'll be an actual trailer, like the one we saw for DDS that was bundled with Nocturne. I mean, there might only be ten seconds or less of gameplay.

Lucinice posted:

Speaking of SMT4 why do you guys think they're making it for 3DS? Are there just more SMT games in nintendo handhelds?

Because the advertisement for it literally had 3DS listed as the system. e: Or if you're asking why they decided to put it on the 3DS, it's because development costs are cheaper than anywhere else. :v:

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 18, 2012

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Lucinice posted:

Probably because over the last generation JRPGs migrated from consoles to portables due to rising development costs and the Japanese preference for portables.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Lucinice posted:

Handhelds are more popular than consoles in Japan.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Technique posted:

Handhelds are more popular than consoles in Japan.

I should have specified I was actually thinking why they made it for 3ds but not the vita. It's funny I have this friend who is so upset that P4G is on the vita and SMT4 is on the 3ds and he just wishes atlus would make up their mind :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lucinice posted:

I should have specified I was actually thinking why they made it for 3ds but not the vita. It's funny I have this friend who is so upset that P4G is on the vita and SMT4 is on the 3ds and he just wishes atlus would make up their mind :v:

The 3DS is currently doing quite a bit better in Japan. Atlus has been doing "new game for DS, port for PSP" for a while now so this isn't a huge surprise.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Lucinice posted:

Well, it is annoying having to have both consoles to play their games, yes. I've accepted that I'll have to pick up a 3DS eventually (I just picked up a Vita the other day because of P4G and Gravity Rush), but that doesn't mean I like it. Handhelds are expensive, drat it.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The 3DS is currently doing quite a bit better in Japan. Atlus has been doing "new game for DS, port for PSP" for a while now so this isn't a huge surprise.

I don't think it's that actually; soul hackers remake is going to 3DS, isn't it? I always assumed it was just because the Persona games were on a playstation console so they went to the playstation portable device.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Atlus has been doing "new game for DS, port for PSP" for a while now so this isn't a huge surprise.

A lot of Japanese companies do stuff along these lines, but it's mainly ports first to get acquainted with the platform then the new game after getting familiarized with it. Capcom's the exact same way, 3DS and Vita's first games from them are all revisions and now they're getting into new stuff on 3DS like Ex-Troopers (even if that does look like poo poo)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Well, it is annoying having to have both consoles to play their games, yes. I've accepted that I'll have to pick up a 3DS eventually (I just picked up a Vita the other day because of P4G and Gravity Rush), but that doesn't mean I like it. Handhelds are expensive, drat it.

Just think about all the great games you'll be opening yourself up to: Etrian Odyssey IV, Bravely Default, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Soul Hackers, Fire Emblem Awakening, Guild 01 (hahaha just kidding that's not coming to a region near you), etc etc.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

TurnipFritter posted:

Just think about all the great games you'll be opening yourself up to: Etrian Odyssey IV, Bravely Default, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Soul Hackers, Fire Emblem Awakening, Guild 01 (hahaha just kidding that's not coming to a region near you), etc etc.

Yeah that's why I got a 3DS a couple weeks ago. Been a while since I had a regular DS too so I get to play catch-up.

Devil Survivor 2 is pretty sweet. :dance: Just as easy as DS1 though if not easier but hey, it's good times.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Alteisen posted:

You know, I already have my money saved up to preorder (Waiting for the bonus to be announced), so I didn't know it was possible for a person to be ANY MORE SOLD than I already am.

Regarding Japan, I swear sometimes I think I was born in the wrong country as a gamer. I love RPG's and simulation games, and I get the most use out of my handhelds.

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.

Alteisen posted:

Is that Naoto in the back?

Oh good god yes.

For anyone who's playing the game, did they incorporate the Reach Out to the Truth remix Meguro made? Because it owns and shame on them if they didn't.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cityinthesea posted:

phoenix ranger featherman R suits, Naoto's sherlock clothes

Got pictures of either of those? Because they both sound great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.

Cheap Diner Coffee posted:

Oh good god yes.

For anyone who's playing the game, did they incorporate the Reach Out to the Truth remix Meguro made? Because it owns and shame on them if they didn't.

where exactly is that from? It doesn't seem to be on any of the official soundtracks for the game that I can find.