Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.

JetGrind posted:

where exactly is that from? It doesn't seem to be on any of the official soundtracks for the game that I can find.

As far as I know it's only appeared online. A few sites said it was a "christmas gift to the fans."

Fungah! posted:

Got pictures of either of those? Because they both sound great

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5rvsokW2P1rozq7uo1_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5runjWYzS1rozq7uo2_1280.jpg

Cheap Diner Coffee fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Lucinice posted:

Uh not really, just don't use those outfits.

PROBLEM SOLVED GUYS! :smugteddie:

Buying the game is essentially voting with your money, and your vote is telling them what they're doing is alright. So you can either admit that for all your posturing you're still going to buy and enjoy the game, or stick to your convictions and not support a game that contains these kinds of unsavoury elements.

I wonder which will happen! :ironicat:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Justice posted:

Buying the game is essentially voting with your money, and your vote is telling them what they're doing is alright. So you can either admit that for all your posturing you're still going to buy and enjoy the game, or stick to your convictions and not support a game that contains these kinds of unsavoury elements.

I haven't paid for or played P4 once as of yet, what kind of prize do I get in your smugass strawman fantasyland

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Syrg Sapphire posted:

I haven't paid for or played P4 once as of yet, what kind of prize do I get in your smugass strawman fantasyland

I'm guessing the "Best of False Dilemmas Award".

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Justice posted:

You can like the whole of a game while finding one part retarded. You really don't need to be absolute like that - it is possible to politely tell Atlus "hey this aspect is pretty dumb, I'd like it better if Naoto were to wear clothes all the time" or discuss it on an internet forum where you discuss things like video games and still buy the product (because otherwise it's pretty good).

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Making weirdly defensive and condescending posts like that is just how Justice rolls. You get used to it, eventually.

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

Syrg Sapphire posted:

The "you're robbing yourself of a genuinely great experience" award, and gently caress that award.

skog
Aug 20, 2009

Lucinice posted:

Uh not really, just don't use those outfits.

PROBLEM SOLVED GUYS! :smugteddie:

Speaking of SMT4 why do you guys think they're making it for 3DS? Are there just more SMT games in nintendo handhelds?

Because Atlus has a smaller budget than most middle class families

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Ryanbomber posted:

You can like the whole of a game while finding one part retarded. You really don't need to be absolute like that - it is possible to politely tell Atlus "hey this aspect is pretty dumb, I'd like it better if Naoto were to wear clothes all the time" or discuss it on an internet forum where you discuss things like video games and still buy the product (because otherwise it's pretty good).

So then the people acting disgusted will buy the game anyway? It's almost like the pretense otherwise is unnecessary, then. :shobon:

I'm buying a Vita for PSO2's portable version, but it's nice that Atlus Co. is getting an early foothold. It'll be a shame if the fans poo poo all over their initial venture just because you can make a 15 year old girl wear a super low-rise thong.

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

Justice posted:

So then the people acting disgusted will buy the game anyway? It's almost like the pretense otherwise is unnecessary, then. :shobon:

I'm buying a Vita for PSO2's portable version, but it's nice that Atlus Co. is getting an early foothold. It'll be a shame if the fans poo poo all over their initial venture just because you can make a 15 year old girl wear a super low-rise thong.

Seriously, this is different from how most 15 year olds in America dress how

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Syrg Sapphire posted:

You win the "Avoids Bad Games" prize. Congratulations! It is a very good prize.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Really liking a lot of these new costumes. Sure there's going to be some bad apples. Although I haven't seen a Sentai set since Resonance of Fate.

[e]Meh that was low of me, sorry.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 18, 2012

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

Technique posted:

This post should be ignored. Hooray for opinions.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Rascyc posted:

Really liking a lot of these new costumes. Sure there's going to be some bad apples. Although I haven't seen a Sentai set since Resonance of Fate.

[e]Meh that was low of me, sorry.

No it's okay, I just hope people examine the kind of things they post rather than giving into peer pressure to demonize a game based on a single optional element.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I couldn't care less what smut Atlus adds to their games when they're one of the few game developers still around not actively trying to kill the gaming industry with sliced off parts of games sold as day 1 dlc, complete lack of respect for their consumers and pleasantries that other companies do (you know which one's).

Upcoming features for Persona 5 and SMTIV
Social social social social! Connect yourself with thousands of other demon summoners with Facebook support!
Find out the story behind the character we made and then cut out of the game so we could sell he/she/it as dlc!
Tired of fusing? Can't make the persona you want? Then buy it from the Real Money Persona Compendium!

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Justice posted:

No it's okay, I just hope people examine the kind of things they post rather than giving into peer pressure to demonize a game based on a single optional element.

I don't think anyone WAS demonizing it, just disappointed; I'm not gonna buy the game, but that's because I don't have or want a Vita, but I'm not going to say that those outfits are things to be ignored or whatever.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
How have I not heard of this remix of Reach out to the Truth? It's fantastic!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Technique posted:

You can't give that prize because Persona 4 is far from a bad game.

As in, "one of the best RPGs ever made" kind of far.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

According to the Persona 4 The Golden Wikia...

Yosuke gets Auto-Sukukaja.
Chie gets Rebellion, Apt Pupil, and Auto-Tarukaja
Yukiko gets Mudo and Mudoon.
Kanji has Power Charge, Renegerate, and Masukunda.
Naoto gets Absorb Phys, Almighty Amp, and Debilitate.

Teddie's section wasn't filled out at the time, but it shows that Naoto is now seriously broken.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LightningKimba posted:

Teddie's section wasn't filled out at the time, but it shows that Naoto is now seriously broken.

Are you loving serious? So Naoto just becomes "why the gently caress don't you have this character in your party" now?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

LightningKimba posted:

Chie is officially completely redundant.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

ImpAtom posted:

Are you loving serious? So Naoto just becomes "why the gently caress don't you have this character in your party" now?

Also, surely the characters with Auto buffs have the whole party (Maha) versions? I'm surprised 'Almighty Amp' even exists.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Justice posted:

Also, surely the characters with Auto buffs have the whole party (Maha) versions? I'm surprised 'Almighty Amp' even exists.

I'm thinkin' Almighty Amp's there to make Megido do as much damage as Garula, and the like with above, seeing as normally it does around Garu/la level.

Chie at least has the ability to crit people for massive damage.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly, with the ability to Power Charge Primal Force and lower enemy evasion, Kanji probably made out the best of any of those listed, and unlike Naoto he was already really good in the original release.

I don't know why anyone would ever use Chie even for physical damage anymore if these changes are accurate.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

LightningKimba posted:

I'm thinkin' Almighty Amp's there to make Megido do as much damage as Garula, and the like with above, seeing as normally it does around Garu/la level.

What I meant was that I'm pretty sure Almighty Amp was not originally in P3, P4, or P3P (as in, not in the code at all, not even on bosses), which means they added it just for P4 Golden and gave it to one of your teammates. Which is pretty crazy.

I hope there are some more optional super bosses and a Maniac difficulty to make up for how easy P4 is.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
They have to have upped the difficulty... is there any word on how these new personae are added?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5s76pCmA61qi2dmoo8_1280.jpg

another set of costumes

also

Big Spoilerz
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5rwnveqGu1qk54n0o1_1280.jpg

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

LightningKimba posted:

Welp, going to be running Kanji and Naoto for sure. Can't wait to see how broken Teddie ends up.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Are you sure Naoto gets Absorb Phys and not Phys Evade? Everyone else gets an Evade skill at Max SLink, so it's weird that her's would be Absorb.

e: Oh yeah, Teddie 's new stuff:
Auto-Rakukaja (2), Recarm (4), Marakunda (6), Samrecarm (8) and I can't find what his MAX ability is. I'd wager it's an evasion skill though

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 18, 2012

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Justice posted:

What I meant was that I'm pretty sure Almighty Amp was not originally in P3, P4, or P3P (as in, not in the code at all, not even on bosses), which means they added it just for P4 Golden and gave it to one of your teammates. Which is pretty crazy.

OHHH, okay now I follow. I found it funny that Yukiko even gets Mudo/Mudoon since she's always awesome as a healer. I would assume Teddie gets Hama/Hamaon, but that's all it is, an assumption.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Grozz Nuy posted:

I don't know why anyone would ever use Chie even for physical damage anymore if these changes are accurate.

Cause her competition is still way more obnoxious than her. Having to choose between her, Teddie, Yosuke and Naoto was like a no brainer. Though with these new skills I might end up switching Yukiko out for Naoto.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Momomo posted:

Cause her competition is still way more obnoxious than her. Having to choose between her, Teddie, Yosuke and Naoto was like a no brainer. Though with these new skills I might end up switching Yukiko out for Naoto.

What, and heal with the MC? Yukiko's still an amazing healer with an absolutely massive SP pool.

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.

These costumes! Why is October so far away

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
And I thought spell cards were a step too far. :psyduck:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Man Chie got shafted: Rebellion, Ice Boost, Revolution, Bufula and Evade Fire. Naoto appears to be much less interesting than initially reported: It looks like she gets the first two SP regeneration skills (Gentle Breeze?) and Concentrate for her first three SLink skills. I can't find her last two though.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

King of Solomon posted:

What, and heal with the MC? Yukiko's still an amazing healer with an absolutely massive SP pool.

In general I found every character other than the MC to be very inept at their jobs. Yukiko was always just barely healing enough for everyone to survive unless she was guzzling SP every round. I also don't like her and if it means I have to do the healing myself, I don't really mind.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I almost always had one of the SP regenerating skills on the protagonist, so I let him take healing duties whenever possible to help conserve the party's SP as a whole.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Kanji with power charge, holy loving poo poo.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Grozz Nuy posted:

Galactic Punt. :smugteddie:

LightningKimba posted:

I found it funny that Yukiko even gets Mudo/Mudoon

"I'll crush you with one strike"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Think it would be worth reading these spoilers to see all the changes in P4G or just wait and be surprised?