Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ephphatha posted:

So Amazon have cancelled my Gunnerkrigg Volume 2 order (unable to fulfill the order...), is there anyway to order that book without paying ridiculous markups?

Nope, not at the moment. You'll have to wait until Tom can find a way to reprint volume 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Ephphatha posted:

So Amazon have cancelled my Gunnerkrigg Volume 2 order (unable to fulfill the order...), is there anyway to order that book without paying ridiculous markups?

I'd like to know this as well. Getting it from somewhere in Europe would be preferrable, but not necessary.

Fake edit: Aww, that's too bad :(

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
I just went back to look at the treatise, and this chapter probably explains why Annie is holding a White Legs. Possibly the birds Kat is holding too.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Micgael posted:

I just went back to look at the treatise, and this chapter probably explains why Annie is holding a White Legs.
Because Zimmy in Kat's dream is actually Annie :ssh:

edit: Happy Annie is kind of unnerving. What is going on?

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 18, 2012

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Because Zimmy in Kat's dream is actually Annie :ssh:

edit: Happy Annie is kind of unnerving. What is going on?

Between Happy Annie's expression and her use of "goin", I wonder if there's some residual Zimmy personality in there.

I wonder if Annie's going to ask Kat about the pidgeon.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
So, next update: an explanation via Kat!

(haha yeah right!)

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

The Missing Link posted:

So, next update: an explanation via Kat!

(haha yeah right!)

Mystery solved!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So what are the odds that it's end of chapter here? Low, probably, though a lot of comics would take the cheap punchline here and assume Annie was filled in later, even though the readers are still kinda boggled ourselves.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

JT Jag posted:

So what are the odds that it's end of chapter here? Low, probably, though a lot of comics would take the cheap punchline here and assume Annie was filled in later, even though the readers are still kinda boggled ourselves.

Well, we still don't know what Jones is, even though Annie does.

Still, there's bound to be a twist.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Ain't no antimony symbol in the bottom-right of the page, so we still got more to go.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm imagining that we were in a dreamland from the dark panel onwards. It's why Zimmy gives her little 'heh' next strip when Kat says she didn't hear Zimmy come in.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:shepface: Mind telling me what's going on?

How would Kat know, anyway? Zimmy punched Annie's father. Gamma took Kat's hairband. Assuming Kat doesn't say something about having a weird dream, what does she know?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

:shepface: Mind telling me what's going on?

How would Kat know, anyway? Zimmy punched Annie's father. Gamma took Kat's hairband. Assuming Kat doesn't say something about having a weird dream, what does she know?

I hope we'll at least get to know how or even why Annie ended up comatose.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
Aww, Zimmy and Gamma!

Awwww, Kat and Annie!

Tea-san please, it's too cute, I can't take it! :3:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just realized the reason Annie looks a little odd to me in this update. Rather obvious once I realized it, though. She's not wearing her eyeshadow. I wonder if she just didn't wake up one morning.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Annie asks the question everyone's been wondering.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Tollymain posted:

I just realized the reason Annie looks a little odd to me in this update. Rather obvious once I realized it, though. She's not wearing her eyeshadow. I wonder if she just didn't wake up one morning.

I was wondering about that too. We don't get to see Annie without her make up very often. It's a nice change. I like the subtle lines under her eyes on the third panel in the second row. Even though she's awake you can tell whatever it was had taken a toll on her.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

OriginalPseudonym posted:

Between Happy Annie's expression and her use of "goin", I wonder if there's some residual Zimmy personality in there.
Looks like it was a typo because it's been fixed.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
Oh! Didn't realize what was off till I read this thread.. Annie's eye shadow is missing! :iia: She looks like a little girl again

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Tollymain posted:

I think it's the fact she looks genuinely happy for once. This chapter is giving Sky Watcher and the Angel a run for it's money for me.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Dyllyn posted:

Oh! Didn't realize what was off till I read this thread.. Annie's eye shadow is missing! :iia: She looks like a little girl again

The eyeshadow can be a bit much. I never read Gunnerkrigg the first few times I was linked it because if featured an eleven year old schoolgirl in eye shadow, lip gloss and what appears to be false eyelashes and hair extensions. And the first page is her doing an over-the-shoulder pinup pose. It was Creepy As gently caress, essentially. It recovered obviously, but overly sexual depictions of eleven year old schoolgirls in a creepy dark boarding school is kind of a worrying place for a webcomic to start.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Fargo Fukes posted:

The eyeshadow can be a bit much. I never read Gunnerkrigg the first few times I was linked it because if featured an eleven year old schoolgirl in eye shadow, lip gloss and what appears to be false eyelashes and hair extensions. And the first page is her doing an over-the-shoulder pinup pose. It was Creepy As gently caress, essentially. It recovered obviously, but overly sexual depictions of eleven year old schoolgirls in a creepy dark boarding school is kind of a worrying place for a webcomic to start.

What the gently caress? How is this an 'overly sexual depiction' of anyone? http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=1

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
You must have some weird pin-ups

...or hang-ups. :downsrim:

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Fargo Fukes posted:

Ahahahah what

ungghhh so sexy

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Looks like a bored-rear end little girl to me, is all.

Man, I swear to God goons look for creepiness in everything.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

It sounds like you're incredibly terrified of being labled a pedophile because you read a webcomic about a young girl going to school.

So instead, you came off as a pedophile because you thought a girl of 11 looking bored was sexualized.

*I can't spell "bored".

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Fargo Fukes posted:

You're really loving weird dude, she had a football head and a frumpy brown sweater, not sure how anyone can look sexualized (especially as an 8 year old) with those features. And no, that's not a pinup pose in the first comic.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Wow, you guys get super defensive over your webcomics. Good thing you called me a pedophile as well, that'll show me!

edit: for reference, I'm referring to the title page. As you can tell from over-the-shoulder but I guess you were too busy raging out over someone talking about your precious panels with anything less than outright awe.

suburban virgin fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 18, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I can... kinda see what Fargo means? That early art does look like a weird cubist interpretation of a Bratz doll.

Not exactly what I'd call sexy though :pwn:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Dude, you thought the title page was a pinup, I don't think you have anything more to do here than roll with the punches.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My first thought when I read GC for the first time and saw that first panel was "Stewie Griffin in drag."

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

My first thought when I read GC for the first time and saw that first panel was "Stewie Griffin in drag."

Why you gotta sexualize, man?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Fargo Fukes posted:

Wow, you guys get super defensive over your webcomics. Good thing you called me a pedophile as well, that'll show me!

edit: for reference, I'm referring to the title page. As you can tell from over-the-shoulder but I guess you were too busy raging out over someone talking about your precious panels with anything less than outright awe.
So you mean this?

This is an overly sexual depiction of eleven year old schoolgirl? If anything, it looks like some kid got into Mommy's makeup or something. If your mind is going straight to Pinup Pose, it's more likely that you're jumping to conclusions than anything else.

fake edit: :nws:ewwwwwww :nws:

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Keru posted:

Dude, you thought the title page was a pinup, I don't think you have anything more to do here than roll with the punches.

I don't think you have anything more to do here than call me a pedophile some more. I mean, that's the obvious implication on pointing out an 11 year old in eyeshadow, lipgloss and false eyelashes, right? Say you're passing my details on to the authorities too, that way I'll be far too scared to talk about your comic books ever again. Sorted.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Wrist Watch posted:

So you mean this?

This is an overly sexual depiction of eleven year old schoolgirl? If anything, it looks like some kid got into Mommy's makeup or something. If your mind is going straight to Pinup Pose, it's more likely that you're jumping to conclusions than anything else.

fake edit: :nws:ewwwwwww :nws:

That image is a little disingenous, the cover is closer to this

Tank!
Oct 29, 2008

Fargo Fukes posted:

I don't think you have anything more to do here than call me a pedophile some more. I mean, that's the obvious implication on pointing out an 11 year old in eyeshadow, lipgloss and false eyelashes, right? Say you're passing my details on to the authorities too, that way I'll be far too scared to talk about your comic books ever again. Sorted.

It's fine, you're very clearly not a pedophile, you're just an rear end in a top hat. I'm seriously amazed anyone could find "looking over one's shoulder", something that most regular humans do, a tantalizing act. The make-up thing is not even suspect in the least, not everyone wears cosmetics in attempt to look alluring.

Also "hair extensions and false eyelashes" are really reaching. Do you know what either of those things actually looks like?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

To be fair, I was being an rear end in a top hat too, with the pedophile comment, which I shouldn't have done, so I apologize for that.

That said, it got me to re-read Gunnerkrigg Court from the start, so that's a bonus.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
You're all assholes. Gunnerkrigg Court is a thread for peace (Except when Tea-san comes in to deliver the sickest burns).

Micgael fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 18, 2012

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

A webcomic about hugs :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Huggerkrigg Court :3::3: