Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

school is out for summer
school is out for ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

got dat wmd posted:

all schools should be college preparatory schools or follow a KIPP-like charter school method.

see i don't understand how got dat wmd can be so afraid of pooping in public when he's constantly making GBS threads on this thread

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
i went to a completely terrible high school and i still got a better education than my friends in private school who had to take a "religion" class to graduate

also i knew a private school teacher, he made literally 11 dollars an hour and had no benefits or retirement

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
could you fuckoids please go back to talking about horrible bowel movements and other toilet humor, tia

e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTBHaSn8bmA
^ best thing tim arnold ever did

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
oh, or trade schools as well. trade schools seem to be neglected a lot as of late

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Carthag posted:

if youre against unions youre a terrible person hth

this but the opposite. unions exist to keep the worst scum employed and to steal from those who are capable

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
jesus christ boy, what did you eat?!?!?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Shaggar posted:

this but the opposite. unions exist to keep the worst scum employed and to steal from those who are capable

now go the distance and explain that, really, we need more people dying on the streets

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

lol unions

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they need not die in the streets when they can be used for fuel

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

yeah just look at germany with their incredible union rate but their productivity and economy is poo poo

oh wait

oh hey how about going to work in states with less than 6% union membership like georgia. i sure hear all my friends saying they can't wait to move to georgia for employment! not, borat 2009 etc etc

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Shaggar posted:

they need not die in the streets when they can be used for fuel

are you advocating burning the poor alive itp

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yes. they might as well serve some purpose aside from draining resources

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
bikes or unions have come up in yopos vacate vacate

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

JawnV6 posted:

if you really want to hear more of gdw-style "complaints" just google 'HENRYs'

oh gently caress me

heard about this on npr tonite and anyone meeting the description of/identifying as a HENRY can suck the filthiest part of my dick

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
the thing I noticed when briefly working in the US is that you guys seem to work long rear end hours, but cut down significantly on efficiency to compensate

in scandanavia, it's the exact opposite. strictly enforced hour limits, but serious efficiency.

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

Hammerite posted:

are you advocating burning the poor alive itp

i think he wants to burn them when they are dead

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

yes. they might as well serve some purpose aside from draining resources

yeah that 12 dollars a week in union dues is really killing me shaggar

you know the whole thing that makes sure i'm not replaced by some 18 year old whose willing to do my job for 8 bucks an hour causing me to lose my home and further making GBS threads up the economy

please dont vote shaggar, i beg of you

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
what does everyone have against henrys?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_(unit)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
go get your shine box, henry

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
a cheaper worker would be wonderful. better yet automation.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

got dat wmd posted:

all schools should be college preparatory schools or follow a KIPP-like charter school method.

got dat wmd posted:

oh, or trade schools as well. trade schools seem to be neglected a lot as of late

my high school was great at both of these tracks when i was going there. now it isn't. again, because of people like you. kill yourself (or at least get out)

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robocracy

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

see i don't understand how got dat wmd can be so afraid of pooping in public when he's constantly making GBS threads on this thread

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

aaaaaaaaaaaaand scene.

great work, everybody, it's in the can.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
the only unions anyone should be against is the ones that are bad

hope this helps

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

[ if $gotdatwmd_AGE < 18 ; then echo "you cant even vote your opinion is null"; rm -rf / ; else echo "stop making GBS threads the thread up"; fi ]

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_baked_beans

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
lmao who the hell are you

also futurama avatar

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol at this name/av

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ToiletPaper_Boo_WrongWay.jpg

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Carthag posted:

if youre against unions youre a terrible person hth

got dat wmd posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
the correct way to hang topilet paper is: loving hell, go outside

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

what article's talk page has a loving unprecedented four pages of archives?

yeah

Wikipedia posted:

A Canterlot Wedding

I was thinking that "A Canterlot Wedding" is deserving of an article (like The Return of Harmony). Hasbro and the Hub's advertising as well as media mentions should give it enough notability for its own article. I've created a draft in my userspace here, but I'm no good at writing my own articles, and I'd appreciate help. Ciaran Sinclair (talk) 21:29, 21 April 2012 (UTC)

Yeah, I definitely think all the marketing done for this one in particular helps its case for noteworthiness, but you're going to need notable sources for reception as well. -- Cyberlink420 (talk) 22:55, 21 April 2012 (UTC)

Looks pretty good so far. I'll keep an eye out for reviews. Here's a review from Toon Zone and a blurb from i09.--Gen. Quon (talk) 01:46, 23 April 2012 (UTC)

And one from The AV Club. -- Cyberlink420 (talk) 02:09, 23 April 2012 (UTC)

Yea, there's zero doubt that this episode article passes notability. The reviews from AV Club and NY Daily News (to start) help justify it is easily compared to the ones above. --MASEM (t) 02:13, 23 April 2012 (UTC)

Adding here to note that I've created an episode article for "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" since there's at least two reviews of it from reliable sources. --MASEM (t) 17:38, 25 April 2012 (UTC)

I see MLP and its fans are really getting much more attention from mainstream media these days. But in the case of the Wedding episodes, I would say it's the result of massive marketing strategies from Hasbro and the Hub: They have spread screeners to critics and reviewers, made a massive marketing campaign ranging from billboards to a wedding section in The New York Times, and they cast Tori Spelling (who hosted E!'s coverage of the Wedding of William and Kate) to host finale special, all in all linked to the upcoming royal wedding playset announced earlier.

If I could, I would make an article about the playset instead, describe things about the episode, related media (books, etc.) and marketing campaign for season finale there, and would tell they are all related to the playset. JSH-alive/talk/cont/mail 13:36, 16 May 2012 (UTC)

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

stick toilet paper on hanger, stop loving caring

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
loving bronies man. the current generation will go down in history as one of the lamest

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

isnt the algorithm for "how to hang toilet paper" basically

code:
if (catte) {
   tp.setOrientation(! catte.getPawingDirection());
} else {
   tp.doWhateverMan();
}

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

public static void main(stupid[] args)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

alley
oop