Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010

Arcturas posted:

Huh, I didn't realize that. I've usually trusted MegaMek on game rules like that, and MM just imposes a +5 to the PSR. It ordinarily makes it nearly impossible to stand (regular pilots need a 10 at a minimum, likely more if there's damage to the other leg. It's impossible if there's a gyro hit, too).

I guess I should read the actual rulebooks more often.

With Careful Stand it's pretty doable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

All right, I'm closing voting. Say hello to our new gang tag for Goonlance.

e: Need someone who doesn't have an avatar/wants a new one to be our guy for the Goonlance tag. JTJag gets first dibs cause he made it, but after that it's open to anybody. Someone step up!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 18, 2012

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Considering how enjoyable this thread has been from the beginning, I think PTN himself deserves one, if he's willing. I'd be willing to spring (gift) for that, if the man / Cardie wants it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Not sure if I'm qualified to rock the Goonlance tag, as I haven't played yet.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Nevets posted:

I think I know how PTN can decide what course of action an MIA mechwarrior takes.

So if I'm reading this right, the three options are "Fire everything," "Panic wildly," and "Get captured by Bobba Fett?"
"Fire everything", "panic" (this option includes random death from aboves), "do nothing".

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Innerguard posted:

Considering how enjoyable this thread has been from the beginning, I think PTN himself deserves one, if he's willing. I'd be willing to spring (gift) for that, if the man / Cardie wants it.

That's how he got his avatar, too, but back in the STO LP. Either way it's pointless if someone doesn't want to step up and WEAR IT AS THEIR AVATAR. I'll buy it for you myself if I have to (but would prefer not to).

JT Jag posted:

Not sure if I'm qualified to rock the Goonlance tag, as I haven't played yet.

If Goonlance tags were based on playing we'd need like nine different ones and I'd be torn between wearing my Rolling Thunder tag with pride or being even more jealous I wasn't playing as the 2nd Donegal.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 18, 2012

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I'm pretty broke right now (like, donating blood for money broke), but I'll give you one of those :10bux: gift things when I can afford it if you'll buy the avatar for me.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Sorry, but I'm dumb as gently caress. I was going to add it as an image in the title section, but the READ THIS BIT area says that [img] tags are not permitted.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Innerguard posted:

Sorry, but I'm dumb as gently caress. I was going to add it as an image in the title section, but the READ THIS BIT area says that [img] tags are not permitted.

Yeah, you can only do it if it's someone's avatar for some reason? Has to do with servers. I'm just going off what another goon who started a gang tag a couple weeks ago told me.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I'm surprised the Bobcat didn't kill me that turn after I decided to stand and engage.

But I'll totally take the dice results.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I'd love to rock that as my Avatar but I can't really justify spending money on forum avatars currently.

On the topic of the current fight, I can't wait for it end - no matter who wins, finding out what the gently caress is going on with the crazy Celestial Knockoffs long before their time will be awesome.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

I just got paid and thought what the heck. Here you go DI!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

^^Aw fer...

Defiance Industries posted:

All right, I'm closing voting. Say hello to our new gang tag for Goonlance.

e: Need someone who doesn't have an avatar/wants a new one to be our guy for the Goonlance tag. JTJag gets first dibs cause he made it, but after that it's open to anybody. Someone step up!

As I have no avatar, I shall do it as a service to my fellow Goon.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Picard Day posted:

I just got paid and thought what the heck. Here you go DI!

Kickass! Once I get back from work, I'm buying a couple new avatars and putting the link up so others can do likewise. Unfortunately I can't do it all on my phone (copying image locations on iPhone is a no-no I guess?)

E: figured out a workaround. The gang tag is:
code:
[img]http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/3b/82/00071285.0001.gif[/img]
Fitting that it come from Picard Day, on Picard Day Eve.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 19, 2012

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
We got a list of those who should be getting one? DI, PTN, thatbastardken, JTJag from the top of my head. Others?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I'm buying one for me and one for Jag when I get home. Anyone else is welcome to join in, of course. We shall see if they can Deal With Goonlance!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Pretty sure I don't qualify for a gang tag since I haven't had my turn yet. Gotta go through initiation first! :v:

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

I'm buying one for me and one for Jag when I get home. Anyone else is welcome to join in, of course. We shall see if they can Deal With Goonlance!

Even those of us who were merely mediocre!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hey, I sucked pretty hard, so I have no room to judge people. I got Paul Masters shot out of his Orion because "assuming average LRM damage!!" means Ion Rush kills you for trying to draw fire.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
In Battletech, the only statistic you can rely on is that you won't die this turn if absolutely nothing has line of sight (and even that's questionable if they have Artillery).

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I maintain that he would have killed the Gladiator otherwise. Sticking to my guns on that one.

Clearly I was roleplaying as Paul Masters.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

In Battletech, the only statistic you can rely on is that you won't die this turn if absolutely nothing has line of sight (and even that's questionable if they have Artillery).

My experience with artillery is that they are as equally likely to drop on an ally as they are on the target, possibly even more so.

Thankfully I have never run artillery. :v:

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

It's also questionable if the dice hate you. After all...

A BLAST FROM THE PAST posted:

L4 Wolfhound falls!
L4 Wolfhound takes damage to Left Leg (13/16 armor remains), through-armor critical chance!
L4 Wolfhound must make a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (5 base + 0 hexes moved + 1 trying to avoid pilot damage = 6): rolled 7, succeeds!

L4 Wolfhound critical chance in left leg, limb blown off!
L4 Wolfhound disabled!

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Rorac posted:

My experience with artillery is that they are as equally likely to drop on an ally as they are on the target, possibly even more so.

Thankfully I have never run artillery. :v:

You are missing out on the pure joy that is cluster Arrow IV rounds. I don't think I have ever seen any other weapon piss off people more than my beloved Arrow IV Catapults.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Defiance Industries I sent you some tech specs regarding this project, they will be in your corporate inbox.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

JT Jag posted:

Defiance Industries I sent you some tech specs regarding this project, they will be in your corporate inbox.

Like we say in the company slogan: "not just excellent, XXX-cellent."

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

It's been said, but that was an amazing shot. Son Ryo is going to be picking up an MVP this round I'm sure.

So now the question is whether we can drop the Bobcat. I think it's mostly a question of whether our armour will last longer than the Bobcat's. At least from the numbers it looks like it's getting thin in some places.

(PTN, I think you meant to say the RT is down to 3/18 armour rather than 8, and also that the Coyote was trying to hit on a 10 and not a 20.)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

PoptartsNinja posted:

As long as you stay still so you don't trip/fall/die, and can still maintain negative net heat.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Like we say in the company slogan: "not just excellent, XXX-cellent."

I draw the line at Hauptmann dong. I love giant robots, but not like that.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

I take it you don't like the Dragon Fire, then?

(Thumbnailed for obscenity reasons.)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

^^^ Pretty sure we build that one too.

The Mackie was first tested on Hesperus II, prior to the construction of DefHes. It's in the very soil of our planet.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I thought the Dragon Fire was more of thing for those Wobbie sympathizers you sold the Chameleon to.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

TildeATH posted:

I draw the line at Hauptmann dong. I love giant robots, but not like that.

Hauptmann couldn't fit a Gauss Rifle in its center torso anyways. Anything else just wouldn't work.

This game looks like it is winding down! Just get that Bobcat - you can do it Goonlance! Though it would have been fun to see the FWL crumble entirely.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Is this the second time that would have happened if not for Goonlance? Pretty sure Rolling Thunder changed the course of THAT war too.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Poor poor FWL. One of these days they'll catch a break (the break will promptly be stolen by Comstar).

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:black101: Legged Hermes is most deadly hermes.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Re: goonlance tag

How about rewarding the MVPs for each scenario with one?

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

anakha posted:

You just want one!

Plus I think we might only get half a tag each. Or maybe half of a solaris trophy. :iiam:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

Buildings, pavement, lava, swamps, water, using MASC, walking backwards over an elevation change and I'm sure I've missed a few, all can kill you even if you're all alone on a deserted planet.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Walking backwards over an elevation change is an illegal move. All that other stuff can kill you, but the elevation change can't happen.

You also forgot: walking through water. Of any depth (but especially depth 3 or deeper).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

anakha posted:

I'm not gonna stop you; I award myself stuff all the time. Just last week I decided my valor and handsomeness had warranted inducting myself into the Grand Duchy of Furillo's Most Honorable Order of The A-Team.

• Locked thread