Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
Happy Hat you are the best.

Edit: Furry food snype

AllTerrineVehicle fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
ohgod what have you started HH

Even precious GWS isn't furry-free now

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I was going to post about how awesome father's day was and everything but now....

now........

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
I feel like I'm watching picasso in his blue period.

HH, teach me.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.

Halalelujah posted:

I feel like I'm watching picasso in his blue period.

HH, teach me.

It's Bearcasso in his blew period. You were close.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

lol

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Oh god that is absolutely hilarious. Brilliant! One of the funniest things I've seen in ages. Thank you, HH!

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
I spent all yesterday with my father in law... working at his restaurant.
They had found some good deals on seafood that day so we had some amazing food.

For lunch we ate a whole steamed tile fish and stir fried tofu with char siu and green beans.

I promise there's a fish under all that scallion and ginger and cilantro.
There's no pretty way to plate it, you just dig out a chunk of fish with your chopsticks and have at it. I split one of the cheeks with Mr. Charmmi, the other one went to his dad.

Dinner was Lobster Canton, chunks of lobster stir fried in a savory eggy sauce. This is where the sauce in Shrimp and Lobster Sauce comes from.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
New toy in the mail. Absolutely can not wait to slice my finger off tomorrow :shepface:

6'' flexible global boning knife. MMMM factory edge :drool:

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
Nice bendy boner you got there.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
I've been a child about it every day since I decided I needed one

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fariz posted:

New toy in the mail. Absolutely can not wait to slice my finger off tomorrow :shepface:

Someone's fursona is that of a duck.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Someone's fursona is that of a duck.

Feathersona :pseudo:

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

fariz posted:

Got exactly this, and I love it! (Watch your fingers!)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love you Hat :3:. To answer your question, you'd have to ask a plushophile. I can't help you there.

The con was good. Saw friends, played Rock Band, ate good food. Met other people I knew online but had never physically met. Got treated to Indian too! Delicious delicious Indian. There was a vegetable samosa, covered with chickpeas, onion, yogurt sauce, and some green sauce. And a Paneer curry, and pistachio kulfi. So good.

Burgatory was good too! Burnt Almond Torte hard shake, jalapeno cheddar cornbread, and a regular burger with a cajun rub, baguette for the bread, gouda, a fried egg, bourbon BBQ, onion, arugala, and mayo. I probably should have asked for mid-rare instead of medium, but oh well.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Charmmi posted:

I spent all yesterday with my father in law... working at his restaurant.
They had found some good deals on seafood that day so we had some amazing food.

For lunch we ate a whole steamed tile fish and stir fried tofu with char siu and green beans.

I promise there's a fish under all that scallion and ginger and cilantro.
There's no pretty way to plate it, you just dig out a chunk of fish with your chopsticks and have at it. I split one of the cheeks with Mr. Charmmi, the other one went to his dad.

Dinner was Lobster Canton, chunks of lobster stir fried in a savory eggy sauce. This is where the sauce in Shrimp and Lobster Sauce comes from.

oh my god that food looks so good, and I just finished eating. please tell me the sauce under the fish involves black vinegar.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Man, some people are really livin' the dream:

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
lol.

not even "seeing nickelback"

"checkin' out" nickleback

that's like saying "naw, I'm not gay and totally enthusiastic about taking 10" of gigantic black cock in my rear end, I'm just checkin' out the whole bi thing"

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

mindphlux posted:

lol.

not even "seeing nickelback"

"checkin' out" nickleback

that's like saying "naw, I'm not gay and totally enthusiastic about taking 10" of gigantic black cock in my rear end, I'm just checkin' out the whole bi thing"

Why black?

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

therattle posted:

Why black?

guy ferrari has an interracial fetish :ssh:

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Can't remember who of you posted this link originally, but holy poo poo I love this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUuKstAWof4

Also:

Manny,
I had prepared a whole follow-up post on interracial stuff, blumpkins, gang-bang and everything, but now I won't post it, as I see that your fetish is not in that direction.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Happy Hat posted:

Can't remember who of you posted this link originally, but holy poo poo I love this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUuKstAWof4

Also:

Manny,
I had prepared a whole follow-up post on interracial stuff, blumpkins, gang-bang and everything, but now I won't post it, as I see that your fetish is not in that direction.

That guy looks like he's having a blast doing that job.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Hat posted:

Manny,

Sorry :saddowns:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
WHY AREN'T YOU MORE OF A PERVERT?!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I demand you develop more fetishes for us to mock!

Norville Rogers
Oct 17, 2004
Like, zoinks!
You folks are seriously dark. I love it.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
Post that poo poo anyway, happy.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never said I didn't like the fantasy of a gang-bang :v:. I'm a terrible perv. Plushies are just not on that list.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Phummus posted:

Man, some people are really livin' the dream:

I live in San Jose and didn't know what Johnny Garlic's was so I Yelped it.

quote:

I ordered the Volcano Chicken and my girlfriend had the Penne Pesto with Vegetable. The Volcano Chicken IS MY CUP OF TEA. Those breast were so good and tender, so good in my mouth with an excellent kick of spice with it. Its grilled and comes with some bomb rear end mashed potatoes. I would recommend this item to any one who comes and visits this place.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Why the gently caress does bombing a test mean you did badly on it, yet something being 'the bomb' mean it's good? Then again, I'm an idiot for asking; I mean, people who use 'the bomb' to mean something good are usually complete idiots, so I just answered my own question.

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
And in addition to that, why do people say that they "killed" something when they meant that they did it excellently?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
and how come you drive on a parkway, and park in a driveway?!?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

pile of brown posted:

and how come you drive on a parkway, and park in a driveway?!?

Why are things full of awe "awesome" and why are things that are completely devoid of it "awful"?

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
why is 'is' such a powerful conjugation of 'to be'? what does 'it' mean to be? and more importantly, what does one expect for an answer when asking such a question? 'es gibt' doch immer weiter. relentlessly

so is language

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
FURTHERMORE; A GOON POST U SAY;;;

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
So I had the most authentic french dining experience last night, outside of France.

My french-o-phile chef friend was on his way to work one morning, and came past a small shop labeled "French Pastry Shop" (In Danish). He shakes his head, thinks "Yeah right, "French" here in Copenhagen." So he goes in, and does the test, orders a cup of coffee and a croissant. He ends up sitting and talking to the owner of the place a while.

Dah-VEED (David), is a french educated pâtissière from the champagne district, who opened his own pastry shop in Copenhagen. He can barely speak Danish, which is part of the charm. The place is pretty popular, and some time ago he started doing private dinners for his friends once a month at the place. Once turned to twice, and such, until it was every Tuesday, and opened to the public. It's at a fixed time, and there are only 30 seats or so total.

So with everyone seated, he rings the bell, and does a speech where he's happy we're here, and what the dinner consists of, minutely detailing everything that will arrive on our plate that evening. There is no way I could begin to do his descriptions justice, complete with him stumbling through the danish language, haphazardly replacing words in french, with people shouting out translations for him.

First course:
A duet of tartars, smoked salmon and fresh salmon with cream. Toasted crouton with black olive tapernade, topped with roasted goats cheese, on a small bed of mixed salad. Wine, a 2009 Chablis. As David described it, it's not a Chablis. It's a real Chablis.

Main course:
Pan-seared Quail, flambeed in armagnac, served with a sweet grape sauce. Fresh spring cabbage, summer carrots, broken potatoes, and a small green salad with a vinaigrette.

Desert:
Four different Opera style cakes, so different it's crazy.

I'm leaving out so much detail, I really can't remember it all. All the wine didn't exactly help.

The price was very low, 60$ for all 3 courses, with an aperitif, white wine for the first course, red for the main, and for the desert: A small brandy glass of champagne liquor, a glass of champagne, and a cup of coffee. Of course we ended up paying almost double that, because we ordered so much extra wine. We actually emptied his stores. I think he's taking it as a challenge, and he'll be prepared next time we're there.

The whole atmosphere was as bistro-like as it could get as well. The volume in the place was deafening, people were talking loudly, half-shouting, laughing, drinking, glasses clinking. Life is good.

He's closing up over the summer for rebuilding, but he's opening up again late august/mid september. Can't wait to come back.

He'll reserve the whole place for a group if we're over 15 people, and just me and the guys we can probably gather around that. If any DK goons wanna join in, I could arrange a spot.

Darval fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 20, 2012

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Darval posted:

So I had the most authentic french dining experience last night, outside of France.

That sounds amazingly good, I must have the address of this place.

I'm not a GWS regular, but I'm down for classy French dining anytime.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Why is cargo moved on ships, but shipments are moved on a truck?

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Phummus posted:

Why is cargo moved on ships, but shipments are moved on a truck?

why are buses moved on wheels and wheels moved on freighttrains?!?????????????? to amaerica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
discovered great justice tonight

I pretty much constantly take on cooking tasks that are really stressful, over ambitious, and basically unnecessary.

today was pretty much hellish as far as work went - I drove over 150 miles, had to deal with some really lovely clients, was tired as heck, and it was like 98 degrees out so my car was constantly an inferno.

but, near the end of the day, I ended up near a farmers market I rarely have time to go to, so I stopped in a gas station, bought a bag of ice and a styrofoam cooler thing, and hit the market while I had 30 mins to kill.

it was like 4:30pm, I had an hour or hour+half drive home before I could even cook, and I had to walk out the door to a bowling league at 8 - so basically a cooking+showering+changing+eating window of 2 hours. and what caught my eye in the market was duck thighs for like $1.99/lb.

I somehow managed to make it home, sear the duck thighs in my pressure cooker, defrost stock and throw it in, pressure cook the thighs for like 45min with garlic herbs and shallots, take it out and crisp the skin under a broiler while making a sauce in the other 15, and in the meantime prep a tomato salad, roast some veg, and make some garlic toast. total time cooking, just barely over an hour.

lesson learnt : you can pressure cook a duck and then crisp it up under a broiler, and it tastes like you've confit'd it for hours. duck ended up perfect, falling off the bone, veg was awesome - and yeah - dear rachael ray : gently caress your 30 minute boring as heck meals. gimme an hour and I'll haute cuisine your rear end.