Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
E: Of course, new page, dammit.

Tychan posted:

I know this is the thread for bad posts but the American football player pictured above used to play for my NFL team and it makes it even more hilarious knowing that he was SO outrageously ripped and swole that he couldn't even function as a good NFL player because his body kept breaking down, presumably from the steroids. Yeah, what an athlete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
"poverty ball"

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
:pedo:

England Scores!

"Then Nasri scored low to Hart's right from 20 yards."
Lily explains the French goal to Lee.

Never Forgotten
[Some years later]
"Do you remember? At Uncle Ray's? After the football match?"
"I'll never, ever forget!"

"Do you girls fancy a bit of post match analysis?"

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

trem_two posted:

"Do you girls fancy a bit of post match analysis?"

omg the hand poses...

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Wrong thread!

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

As much as i hate Sky and their Liverpool hatred..
They must have a sniff of something or else they wouldnt report it.
Ive noticed they dont break news until they are sure about
something, I'll give them that.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
What's wrong with that one?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
It sounds like it was written by a nutter?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Aside from the first line it's fine and even then, a lot of fans think the media hates their club.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
It's about farts you see.

The following comment got 60 recommends on the Guardian. Ready?

quote:

It is incredible that a trophy, which automatically becomes last season's news once the new season starts, is valued more highly than the very stadium in which a game is played. The stadium lasts longer than the trophies which are won ands lost in that stadium.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I never understand why counter-attacking goals get so much love. By definition, they're scored against a team who's trying to defend as they're running backwards, having over-committed and left the back door open. They're often scored at speed but that's because they've got wide, open spaces to run into and "look good". Counter-attack goals please the tourists but, in essence, they're rarely any good.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

peanut- posted:

I never understand why counter-attacking goals get so much love. By definition, they're scored against a team who's trying to defend as they're running backwards, having over-committed and left the back door open. They're often scored at speed but that's because they've got wide, open spaces to run into and "look good". Counter-attack goals please the tourists but, in essence, they're rarely any good.

I'd probably agree with this tbh. A counter attacking goal is pretty much just a good goal played over a larger area.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
From Rubbertoe Mankini, which claims to be "A collection of the greatest football jokes never told."

quote:

Day 4 of Euro 2012 and England are due to get their campaign under way…

The FA have announced that an enemy from Bavaria with a severe hearing impairment has infiltrated the England squad. Manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed that he has indeed been duped by a ‘German deaf foe.’

quote:

What do you call an italian who shows up for local council elections at 8.45 a.m. in spite of the fact that the polling station isn’t open until 9 o’clock?

Mario ballot early!

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 19, 2012

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
top rated daily mail comment

I don't think Nani's as worried about his future as i am,3 kids,no job and a mortgage.

- mac, spain, 19/6/2012 08:16

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

PirateBob posted:

top rated daily mail comment

I don't think Nani's as worried about his future as i am,3 kids,no job and a mortgage.

- mac, spain, 19/6/2012 08:16

McManaman never recovered from Real letting him go did he.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wrong thread

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

There are no footballers left who play "just for the jersey".

They will go where the money is and thats that.

We have been hosed absolutely royally by everyone involved in this, the SFA, SPL, and the players too.

I honestly fear for our club, we are going to end up as a midtable SPL team at this rate.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Borogrove posted:

There are no footballers left who play "just for the jersey".

They will go where the money is and thats that.

We have been hosed absolutely royally by everyone involved in this, the SFA, SPL, and the players too.

I honestly fear for our club, we are going to end up as a midtable SPL team at this rate.

bit optimisitic this

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

this is amazing imo

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

quote:

Didn't really seem to have much of a plan against a team we were equal to, did he?

quote:

what played out was the plan, and thats a bigger problem than having no plan.

quote:

It's ok to say "well we made the quarters" but surely it's better to leave a tournament having played good attractive football and knowing you've actually given it a go. England basically hung on in all of their games pretty much.

quote:

Personally I think so. He was never the man for the job, and Harry would surely have got the team playing football. Yeah, they probably would have lost all the group games 4-3 or something, but still...

In all seriousness, for England to progress as a footballing nation people like Sven/Capello/Woy are terrible choices. Just boring pragmatic managers who will not develop the style of play like the Germans have with Leow (remember when they used to be poo poo and boring like England???)

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

quote:

poo poo people you are can't even run a country, poo poo hole streets ,poo poo hole italian cities n town, scruffy 3rd world looking country n people who are corrupt. We have more history than n more successful hence why you are speaking english lol and we invented football so u wouldn't be playing it without us. Like i said we english poo poo all over u n you try your hardest to be like us lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

quote:

I support the USA and the MLS because im sick of the same $@%! in Europe with the same $@%!$@% teams always winning the same $@%! over there..today was a prime example of the same ole same ole...England hasn't done jack $@%! since 66 and every time they lose in the semi finals they say "good showing" or act classy about it where is the balls at? everybody wants to lose over there and the same $@%!$@%! teams win...

if England doesn't want to win tell them to go home. at least we try in the USA at least we want our domestic product to be equal and have parody... not this same 4 teams $@%!$@%! in each league...$@%! that...

I do hope one day the USA wins the whole drat thing so you soccer snobs can $@%! off...

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao yes, England have more history than Italy.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
To be equal and have parody. He's at least half right.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Hahaha, only an American would think "acting classy" is a bad thing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its almost as bad as thinking England have acted classy in the slightest in the last few tournaments after getting knocked out

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This is surely a troll but I still laughed

quote:

engand was unluck to not win that cos rooney is the best striker in the world and should have scored 3 and welbek is sgood and shoujld have scored and carol is good annd should have scored and scot barker is good and shold have scored. italy have no world class players unlike england who have rooney barker gerard terry ferdinand hart cole johnson cole milner young and welbeck who played in this game and shoujld have won cos there better players than what italy have got cos theyve got no world class players cos theyve got noone left from when they won the wold cup. hodson should be sacked cos we went out and everyone knos we were the favorites for the torn arment and should have won it as a minimum cos we have world class players through the entire squad. the team needed passion and honesty to win and harry redkapp would have given that to the players cos its what they needed to win. also penaltys should be baned cos we dont win at them ever and its not fare cos we never win at them even though weve got the best layers in the world. COYS

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Mods rename me Scot Barker tia.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Spurs supporters are most likely on a massive pisstake. Like the Mancs,
they delight in chaos on RAWK and the Liver-sphere. I haven't put much
into this Spurs rumour anyway.
You can just havce a look at those tweets to see it's an attempt to rile
us.
A bunch of come-latelys who suddenly think they're the dog's bollicks
bee's knees. Let's see when Modric leaves for Madrid....

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

quote:

Del Bosque is not 'copying' Guardiola at all. One major difference is using 2 pivots (Xabi Alonso and Busquets) and not 1. Another difference is playing Iniesta as a left winger/inside-forward rather than a central midfielder. Yet another difference is allowing both fullbacks to make forward runs as opposed to the skewed system at Barca (where abidal used to move inside as a third defender and Alves moving forward as a right-sided wingback). In numbers, VDB plays 4-2-3-1 (occasionally 4-2-4-0) and Guardiola plays 4-3-3 (occasionally 3-4-3).
Guardiola's tactics and style at Barca would miserably fail if they didn't have Messi (not that they would be relegated without him, but they wouldn't have been so much dominant in all of Europe for more than 2 years). Spain doesn't have a Messi, and that's why they simply can't copy Barca.

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

She had been battered, raped and pillaged for several months. Every fresh blow seemed to bring her closer to that final crushing blow. Like a wounded animal she tried to stand on her feet, to regain her dignity and honour, but the attacks were relentless and to the shame of all, none would come to her aid.

And finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the end was near. The Haters, Vultures and Ghouls made their way towards Ibrox for the telling knockout blow. In the interests of "sporting integrity" a boxing referee was enlisted to deliver the final count.

At the doors of Ibrox they were met by two sentinels who barred their way. Alistair McCoist and Lee McCulloch. It was pointless asking them to move. Neither would walk away.

"Start the count" demanded one of the haters. And so it began.

But not as as they had expected.

"Wait, wait your counting wrong" screamed the haters.

The two sentinels were no longer alone. For on either side of them filing quietly into line were unknown faces wearing Rangers shirts with No. 12 on the back. They didn't need names on the back, it was the badge on the front which was important to them. There were young and old, sprightly and infirm, the capable carried the less capable lest they stumbled.

As the count continued the numbers, grew, and grew, and grew, until thousands joined the two sentinels barring the way to Ibrox.

The silence was broken momentarily when a whisper filled the air, some say to this day it came from within the walls of Ibrox itself....... "We’ve got the battle fever on"

"Who are these people?" asked one of the haters.

Ally McCoist stepped forward....... "Allow me to introduce you to my No. 12's......they don't do walking away either"
And so it began.

In years to come Rangers historians will recite stories of Baxter, Woodburn, Cooper, Laudrup, McCoist, Gough and of course of No. 12.

In the coming months news outlets will feature stories about the No. 12's – the fans who would not let their club die.

Their loyalty, faith and passion in a football club will capture the imagination of nations.

They will become the benchmark which other supporters aspire to.

Whatever is thrown at them or their club No.12's will come back for more, time and time again until eventually our detractors can thrown no more.

Wherever their club goes the No. 12's will be there. And every other Saturday Ibrox will be filled with No. 12's.

Our children's children will proudly tell their friends at school that their grandfather was a No. 12.

No. 12's will be the topic of conversation every Monday morning, in factories, offices, wherever people assemble.

Newspaper columns will mention the No.12's in the same breath as resilience and a never say die spirit.

Who am I and how do I know all this ?

Im a No. 12 and Im about to take my place in history.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Lee Wallace spells well for a Scottish footballer, truly heartfelming

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

How about a transcript of some great moments in Italian broadcasting history (Italy-England)? These are all things RAI commentators said during the match

The last few are
"Maggio crosses to Maggio...oh, no it's Diamanti"
"Buffon catches the balls with his fists"
"In this moment the English players have become real English people"
"Another breathless 15 min....utes. Yes, breathless"
The De Rossi one is only funny because he adds an extra word. He was trying to say "on his hands and knees" which is "carponi" but instead he said "carponi ardenti" which is one letter away from being "hot coals".
"Montolivo's goal is out of bounds"

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Looks on par with what we get in Estonia. And probably in most other places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

The norwegian commentator constantly said "Diamantini".