Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
The twist is that uu is actually Andrew as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Roger Explosion posted:

Passing unpleasant notes! Another Problem Sleuth callback! Hooray!
But those notes were amusingly antagonistic. These are just disturbing shitscrawls from the Crappiest Dude.

The. Crappiest. Dude.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
The twist is going to be something like, Roxy wakes up UU but after dreamdying or something she causes the whole billiards thing to go down creating Lord English as the interdimensional threat for real.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Aww, he's in hate with her :3:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Oh, see, because adult cherubs eat universes, the young ones eat stardust. See?

I feel clever for figuring that out.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Hey, what's that box on the right wall with red and green markings? The camera is slowly panning over and showing more of it. I bet it'll be important.

Android Blues posted:

Oh, see, because adult cherubs eat universes, the young ones eat stardust. See?

I feel clever for figuring that out.

Ooh, good one.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
update

this update

penis ouija
she never knew who was doing the dicks
it could be you or be or maybe a ghooooost!

TOAST7312 fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 20, 2012

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

TOAST7312 posted:

update

this update

penis ouija
she never knew who was doing the dicks
it could be you or be or maybe a ghooooost!

I was waiting for this exact update ever since someone suggested UU could have Rose's book.

Penis Ouija :allears:

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
So, uu doesn't draw, he just lets the boner ghosts guide his hand.

Also, Hero of Time? Wasn't expecting that.

Edit: Wait, if that ~ATH manual is the same one that Karkat had, she has books from the future and the past? What the Hell is going on?

Desfore fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 20, 2012

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Desfore posted:

Calliope mentioned that her brother is a Hero of Time in the discussion with Roxy a few pages back. He's apparently the Master Class version of it (like Calliope being the Muse of Space.)

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Space and Time are the two classes that are absolutely needed for a game of SBURB :ssh:

also the tumut revelation, haha oh man how did I not notice that?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Desfore posted:

Wasn't this explicitly mentioned a few updates ago?

Also it's being laid on so thick I wonder if he IS a red herring.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

I'm assuming Hero is referring to his class title. Yes, it was revealed that Time was his element, but Calliope didn't reveal his class at the time.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Desfore posted:

"Hero" is a generic term for a class. It's not his actual title cuz it doesn't fit the one-syllable guidelines.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

snucks posted:

"Hero" is a generic term for a class. It's not his actual title cuz it doesn't fit the one-syllable guidelines.

Ah. My bad.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
This update is so meta I was half convinced I was still reading it when I got here.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman

Homestuck posted:

could they be his depiction of bones?

No they're actually Dave's depiction of bone(r)s.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
Now I don't know if uu being Lord English is a red herring or if the red herring is that we're supposed to stop thinking he's Lord English and then he will be or :tinfoil:

Seriously, though, I really like how whereas before we were practically taunted with everything we didn't know about English, now we're taunted with what we do know.

vv Yeah, dude, being already there is sort of Lord English's thing.

Graceful Graveler fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 20, 2012

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
Did anybody else catch this?

Homestuck posted:

Or was he already there, somehow?

Compare to this page.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005981

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006693 is another page to compare it to. But yes, any mention of someone already being here is definitely referring to English.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ok, there is so much to loving analyze in these last dozen or so panels that I'm just going to shut my brain off and let you guys / tumblr do all the work.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Saradiart posted:

http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006693 is another page to compare it to. But yes, any mention of someone already being here is definitely referring to English.

Not quite. Whenever vriska used to say 'he's already here', she was talking about Jack.

Hussie is definitely playing with our minds here. Remember when the comic made it look like Jake was gonna be lord English? LOOK HIS NAME IS ENGLISH, HE LOVES SKULLS AND TOMBS AND HE EVEN HAS A GREEN SKULLTOP COMPUTER. This feels like the exact same thing. Hussie is cramming it down our throats, but in two or three months we'll look back on this and laugh at ourselves for swallowing it all hook line and sinker.

at which point we'll find out that jake prototypes himself with uu and nepeta and the three of them become lord English

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Rooreelooo posted:

Not quite. Whenever vriska used to say 'he's already here', she was talking about Jack.

Hussie is definitely playing with our minds here. Remember when the comic made it look like Jake was gonna be lord English? LOOK HIS NAME IS ENGLISH, HE LOVES SKULLS AND TOMBS AND HE EVEN HAS A GREEN SKULLTOP COMPUTER. This feels like the exact same thing. Hussie is cramming it down our throats, but in two or three months we'll look back on this and laugh at ourselves for swallowing it all hook line and sinker.

at which point we'll find out that jake prototypes himself with uu and nepeta and the three of them become lord English

Actually, Aradia et all were, in fact, talking about English because they assumed the demon that invaded was English. It wasn't until later that they realized it was Jack.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

"Your death will be your single greatest achievement. Your 'friends' will be happy." That certainly doesn't imply she'll turn out to be Lord English, no siree. Nor is painting everything with her blood, which is to say, turning everything green, a characteristic of Lord English.
Oh god... that's actually really sad again. It's actually plausible when you consider she shares a body with Lord English. Everyone will be happy when he dies, and she'll die with him. I guess that would also imply that she'll be responsible for his death somehow- it will be her achievement...
Calliope is not going to have an easy life... :smith:

Seoinin posted:

But those notes were amusingly antagonistic. These are just disturbing shitscrawls from the Crappiest Dude.

The. Crappiest. Dude.
I love how effectively this is making Lord English into not just an evil villain, but a loathsome evil villain.

The difference between: "He's destroyed universes, that monster!"
And: "He's overbearing and cruel and self centered, that huge obnoxious dick!"
The former is worse, but the latter really gets people's dander up.

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Ok, there is so much to loving analyze in these last dozen or so panels that I'm just going to shut my brain off and let you guys / tumblr do all the work.
The best part? All that stuff to analyze is part of the joke.

One day Hussie posts a white circle with a spiral coming off of it. Cue pages of discussion and theories about what it could possibly mean.

Next day, Hussie posts a callback to Penis Ouija, and has Calliope wonder for several paragraphs theories about what it could possibly mean.

I love it.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

quote:

This is what you have always enjoyed doing. Agonizing over every detail of this epic, trying to craft theories to explain its mysteries. You think you are pretty good at it, too. But now that you think about it, maybe your theory is just too far fetched. Actually, it is completely preposterous, and you don't even know what you were thinking there.

We are UU, UU is us.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Has anybody posited that there's no loving way uu is Lord English just because of how goddamn obvious it would be? Also, y'know, he loves to go on about red herrings and lovely twists.

Because I'm positing it right now.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Watuhboy posted:

We are UU, UU is us.

Well it is right there in her chumhandle.

You you.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Saradiart posted:

Actually, Aradia et all were, in fact, talking about English because they assumed the demon that invaded was English. It wasn't until later that they realized it was Jack.

No, this is wrong. The readers assumed they were talking about Lord English, but they were only ever talking about "an unstoppable demon". This was an intentional mislead. Most of the trolls have no idea who Lord English is, and the ones who might now (Aradia, maybe?) didn't then.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Goddammit Gamzee, stop playing with the blood of your dead friends.

Edit: As obvious as it seems to be, I really hope Calliope doesn't die. She's so adorable! But, that hasn't stopped Hussie before...

Desfore fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jun 20, 2012

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I don't even care what's a red herring or not anymore. I'll just sit here imagining Lord English is a terrible loving artist.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
I'm not sure what it is, but sad Calliope just looks absolutely pitiful. :smith:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I loving hate that clown so goddamn much.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'm sure she's going to die but I really hope she doesn't. I like her way too much.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Eridan's blood, the heir of void, has redacted all mention of LE and also roxy

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Krinkle posted:

I hope you didn't confuse Eridan with someone STRONGer.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Krinkle posted:

I think you mean Equius. And where did you get Roxy from that, I thought it was pretty obviously about Gamzee?

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
isn't Gamzee the indigo-blood? Also, pretty sure Roxy doesn't bother with any sort of sparkling elixirs that aren't club soda. If even that.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Yeah, Indigo is Gamzee's blood color. Not sure why the actual ink is blueish. Guess it faded over time? Or it's an art error?

I still don't know whose side Gamzee is on (maybe none?) and I suspect this is exactly how Hussie wants it. The bard is the wildcard of any group, and we probably won't know what Gamzee is up to until the very end.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Pretty sure Lord English is basically like, Gamzee's God or something, isn't he? He's a central figure in that dumbass clown religion at any rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, Indigo is Gamzee's blood color. Not sure why the actual ink is blueish. Guess it faded over time? Or it's an art error?

I still don't know whose side Gamzee is on (maybe none?) and I suspect this is exactly how Hussie wants it. The bard is the wildcard of any group, and we probably won't know what Gamzee is up to until the very end.

No, indigo is blue, and it corresponds to Equius's blood. My God, if Gamzee takes over the narrative like Doc Scratch... But that would imply he somehow gets his hands on the book before Calliope gets it. Or perhaps he's still on the meteor while it's being written... and then gets to Jane's session? I don't know.