Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.

Z3n posted:

Stupid motorcycle things, this is still one of my favorites:

Jeremy Clarkson gets a Yamaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

R6's are cuddlers

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Them some tired bikes.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Only way he can get a knee down.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Soda can just chillin'

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

darkhand posted:

Soda can just chillin'

That's a PBR. I was in Seattle, after all.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

SaNChEzZ posted:

Them some tired bikes.

Two tired bikes, to be exact. :downsrim:

Strife fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 21, 2012

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Z3n posted:

That's a PBR. I was in Seattle, after all.

Zero pretense. Effin' awesome. Although you did technically use a coaster.

If I see one more TV neckbeard blovulating about some honey wheat almond beer with a hint of oak and lingonberry produced in a serialized limited edition, well...well, I'm changing the channel, that's what.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Marv Hushman posted:

If I see one more TV neckbeard blovulating about some honey wheat almond beer with a hint of oak and lingonberry produced in a serialized limited edition, well...well, I'm changing the channel, that's what.

That sounds delicious.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

front wing flexing posted:

That sounds delicious.

It is, I'm knocking back bottle #1383 right now...

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Marv Hushman posted:

Seattle covers both bases. Extreme beer snobbery but a fierce (ironic) love for PBR, Rainier, and Olympia.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Overheard stupid poo poo I encountered this morning.

I was walking out of my apartment and my new neighbor was walking out at the same time. We exchanged pleasantries and she commented on how warm it was outside, and she was surprised I was wearing a helmet and a leather jacket. "Yes, it's warm, but I feel much safer wearing this, there's a lot of bad drivers out there and I need to protect myself," I told her. She said "Yeah, lots of bad drivers, my husband doesn't wear a helmet or jacket or anything, he says it's too hot to wear it, but he rides a crotch rocket so I think he's safe. Plus, he's only wrecked once, and if you ride you're going to wreck, and the scars aren't too bad." At least she told me to be safe!

:wtc:

Fixed Gear Guy
Oct 21, 2010

In a ketchup factory. A sexy ketchup factory.

americanzero4128 posted:

Overheard stupid poo poo I encountered this morning.

I was walking out of my apartment and my new neighbor was walking out at the same time. We exchanged pleasantries and she commented on how warm it was outside, and she was surprised I was wearing a helmet and a leather jacket. "Yes, it's warm, but I feel much safer wearing this, there's a lot of bad drivers out there and I need to protect myself," I told her. She said "Yeah, lots of bad drivers, my husband doesn't wear a helmet or jacket or anything, he says it's too hot to wear it, but he rides a crotch rocket so I think he's safe. Plus, he's only wrecked once, and if you ride you're going to wreck, and the scars aren't too bad." At least she told me to be safe!

:wtc:

She was just rationalizing. And she probably likes the look of tight leather on a man. Was she hot?

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Fixed Gear Guy posted:

She was just rationalizing. And she probably likes the look of tight leather on a man. Was she hot?

When her husband drops that rocket, you should console her during his recovery in ICU.

Console = repeatedly gently caress her brains out in their home.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Tamir Lenk posted:

When her husband drops that rocket, you should console her during his recovery in ICU.

Console = repeatedly gently caress her brains out in their home.

What brains?

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Xovaan posted:

What brains?

Sloppy seconds then?

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
I had to start a project in a snooty rich people school in a fake made up town today, and I noticed that the customer I met with was wearing a Ducati shirt.

"The weather has been awesome these past couple days. Done any riding?"

"What? Oh.. I don't have a bike, I just like the shirt."

When I left he told me to have fun on my bike, and I told him to have fun in his shirt. He laughed and said he would.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Strife posted:

I had to start a project in a snooty rich people school in a fake made up town today, and I noticed that the customer I met with was wearing a Ducati shirt.

"The weather has been awesome these past couple days. Done any riding?"

"What? Oh.. I don't have a bike, I just like the shirt."

When I left he told me to have fun on my bike, and I told him to have fun in his shirt. He laughed and said he would.
mootmoot might disagree, but as a non-1098/848 Ducati owner, I fully respect that guy as a bona fide Ducati owner. I bet he'd kick rear end at washing and waxing, if he ever got a bike.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

mootmoot might disagree, but as a non-1098/848 Ducati owner, I fully respect that guy as a bona fide Ducati owner. I bet he'd kick rear end at washing and waxing, if he ever got a bike.

Anda you guys a make-a funna da Harley shoes...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I thought we all agreed that Ducati is just Italian Harley.

They're even obsessed with V-Twins!

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
Interesting exercise...if you knew nothing about each company's core products, what conclusions could you draw based...errr, solely on their sneakers?

This is more or less the Chuck Taylor/Jack Purcell sneaker that's been in production since the 1920s: Jack Purcells are still popular - but more for their vintage fashion appeal than for athletic use.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Can you blame them?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That Ducati shoe actually looks pretty awesome. I love the trellis frame.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I thought we all agreed that Ducati is just Italian Harley.

I think I may use this to shame RevDrMosesPLester next time I see him.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

You've clearly swallowed the red pill...

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

I would wear them to Starbucks so everyone could see, then clean them meticulously and store them safely.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Marv Hushman posted:

Interesting exercise...if you knew nothing about each company's core products, what conclusions could you draw based...errr, solely on their sneakers?

This is more or less the Chuck Taylor/Jack Purcell sneaker that's been in production since the 1920s: Jack Purcells are still popular - but more for their vintage fashion appeal than for athletic use.

It looks like a decent shoe that, after a fairly short amount of time running, would give you a wicked foot cramp and you'd have to rest. One would also probably make a lot of squeaks running around on a parquet floor, attempting to be agile, making more noise than progress.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Well irregardless
I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids N'sync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
:golfclap:

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Strife posted:

It looks like a decent shoe that, after a fairly short amount of time running, would give you a wicked foot cramp and you'd have to rest. One would also probably make a lot of squeaks running around on a parquet floor, attempting to be agile, making more noise than progress.

Touché to this and the others...

Chris Knight posted:

I am sorry to be the baron of bad news

Impressive. It seems to run the gambit of malapropisms, but I would of taken a different tact.

Lord_ExDeath
Nov 21, 2005

That's how it's done...
Hey! What's wrong with Ducati shirts? Even though I ride an SV650... :v:

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Chris Knight posted:

I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids N'sync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

Hey Ricky!

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

invision posted:

Hey Ricky!

I was just about to call him on that :argh:

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Marv Hushman posted:

I would of taken a different tact.

:golfclap: Don't worry, it was caught.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I'm taking a break at a rest stop right now and there are two completely unrelated couples with harleys. Does every harely owner have to wear a harley shirt when they go ride?

Oh poo poo, one of the ladys just threw on a skidlid. The dude is leaving a full face strapped to the bike. It's like mid 60s out and we're on an interstate. Why does he want to feel that wind? :psyduck:

I wonder if those kickin' wraparounds are HD branded.

astrollinthepork fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 24, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

astrollinthepork posted:

I'm taking a break at a rest stop right now and there are two completely unrelated couples with harleys. Does every harely owner have to wear a harley shirt when they go ride?
Hey that's not fair. They also wear the shirts when they drive their Harley-Davidson edition Ford F250s!

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Redditor does something dumb:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YxlcIWeGhU&t=74s

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Dude must not have had a bicycle as a kid.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I want to know what he expected, how did he think anything but this would happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
I was half expecting him to go WOT in the puddle and eat it. Instead he just splashed himself.

• Locked thread