Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
haven't heard new garbage yet so I can't compare. New metric isn't bad or anything, its just not as good as their older stuff, too generic sounding imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Ronald Raiden posted:

you mean Garbage? They are good, haven't heard the new album yet. Dutreux told me on twitter it was good though, when I was complaining that the new Metric album is v mediocre.

i like the new garbage, and i haven't heard the new metric yet. i'm just a little jazzed about garbage being back because i've always like them

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i think it's funny when people say that garbage is overproduced because

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

dooTrieux posted:

i think it's funny when people say that garbage is overproduced because

aeron chair? obviously overproduced.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_leaders_by_year

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
have you heard the butch vig mix of pennyroyal tea? it might be the worst song of the 90s

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

oh i'm not saying he's some god or anything, just that it's funny to complain about anything he's involved with sounding overproduced when we're talking about the man who double-tracked cobain

of course it's going to sound like that.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the whole point of garbage is that it's a poppy version of early-90 alternative/grunge with slick production and a knockout lead singer

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Nineteenth century but Twentieth Century

Someone must know whether "Xth Century" is an exception to our rule about caps in headings... Robin Patterson 00:35, 7 May 2004 (UTC)

Tiny pedantic point

Although the 21st century (and indeed the new millennium) were widely regarded to have commenced on January 1st, 2000, historically, and according to all of wikipedia's XXth century articles pre-21st century, the new century began on XX01, not XX00. That means the table of centuries in this article is incorrect. -- Graham ☺ | Talk 21:28, 24 Oct 2004 (UTC)

Quite true, and well spotted. It is a minor point, but as an encyclopedia we should be expected to get it right. Unfortunately that will mean a major overhaul of the entire format. If we're going to to a major revision, I have a suggestion for another major change, and that is a complete reversal, with the most recent years at the top and the distant ones at the bottom. I think this makes sense, as there is basically no solid beginning point of this list. Besides, people will probably be more interested in the past couple centuries than the years around 2500 BC (not that we're there yet, but it would be nice if eventually went back that far), so it makes sense to have the former at the top. That said, I don't especially feel like volunteering to rewrite everything. I don't suppose there's anyone that does? And I guess we should get a consensus on both these proposals first. -R. fiend 22:12, 24 Oct 2004 (UTC)

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

dooTrieux posted:

oh i'm not saying he's some god or anything, just that it's funny to complain about anything he's involved with sounding overproduced when we're talking about the man who double-tracked cobain

lmao@ the interview about this, kurt hated doubling and so he'd be like "uhhh... the mic had a problem midway through. i need you to do it again" "hmmm i think you should do one more take...."

guitars were tripled in many cases, iirc

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

dooTrieux posted:

double-tracking literally sucks all the emotion out of any performance

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
nah
not ANY performance

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

idk it kind of owns for rhythm tracks? use appropriately

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

dooTrieux posted:

iirc the drums on smells like teen spirit are at least partially triggered samples

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you're granny-sequencing, not double tracking

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jonny 290 posted:

iirc the drums on smells like teen spirit are at least partially triggered samples

now that's funny

otoh grohl's kit may have just sounded like butt so i'm down with this

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Carthag posted:

if youre not against my little pony youre a terrible person hth

iawtp

Blackula69 posted:

have you heard the butch vig mix of pennyroyal tea? it might be the worst song of the 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQIPdHMpjc

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
wikipedia is having another revival is coming telethon

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

gooby on rails posted:

you're granny-sequencing, not double tracking

I sincerely wish amateurs and lay people would not attempt to edit technical pages. I have been a recording engineer for over two decades, and a student of Recording for longer than that, and I have never seen or heard of "single tracking" in ANY recording sourcebook or document, let alone in any studio. I have only seen the term used in lay articles, used to illustrate the difference between a doubletracked and non-doubletracked vocal.

also

quote:

ome critics complained that the effect gave the impression that Lennon recorded all his vocals in a bathroom
mlyarticle

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

quote:

no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK_LN3XEcnw

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
http://gifsound.com/?gif=http%3A%2F...2kro-c&start=35

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I unironically love this song

maybe slightly ironically

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Chillbro Swaggins posted:

I unironically love this song

maybe slightly ironically

jesus christ

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

graph posted:

jesus christ

try juggling it with gnarls barkley smiley faces :2bong:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
so where can one find the vig mix of pennyroyal tea anyway?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
the box set best-of

the chorus vocals are like quadruple tracked if not more

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Blackula69 posted:

the box set best-of

the chorus vocals are like quadruple tracked if not more

oh butch :allears:

and for the record i like the way nevermind sounds but butch is such a loving studio nerd, srsly

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

oh butch :allears:

and for the record i like the way nevermind sounds but butch is such a loving studio nerd, srsly

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

yeah, that's really bad, but i already posted the mullet monster, who is even worse

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

McCahill frequently used extreme metaphors and similes in his prose. For example, in M.I. he described the AC Cobra as "hairier than a Borneo gorilla in a raccoon suit". (McCahill was apparently unconcerned about the fact that there aren't any gorillas in Borneo).

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

lmao

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_quotes

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Semen ingestion

Some reasons for human ingestion of human or other semen are erotic gratification and physical and spiritual benefits.

Spiritual views

The church father Epiphanius records that the Borborites[52] and other libertine Gnostic sects[53] consumed semen as the Body of Christ. The Pistis Sophia[54] and Testimony of Truth[55] harshly condemn such practices.

In the modern St. Priapus Church, consumption of semen in the presence of others is a form of worship.[56][dubious – discuss]

Sexual practices

There are several sexual practices involving the ingestion of semen. They can be done with one or more partners, like snowballing, felching and creampie eating, or with multiple partners, like the practices of bukkake and gokkun, which originate from Japan.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
:nws: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gokkun

lmao @ the picture

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

a beaker of semen

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

yeah the artist is called "seedfeeder" and basically does all the nws sex illustrations for wikipedia

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Black_Lady.jpg

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Bobby Malone posted:

a beaker of semen

m,nc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Non-free graffiti

This work prominently depicts a work of illegal graffiti which might not be in the public domain and has not been released under a free license.

Occasionally graffiti will be kept, using the claim that an author might be denied any copyright relief based on an illegal act; however, there is no evidence of this legal theory being tested. See Commons:Image casebook#Graffiti.
Official Commons policy is Commons:Project scope/Precautionary principle, which rejects claims such as "The copyright owner will not bother to sue or cannot afford to." or "Nobody knows who the copyright owner is".

Complex understanding of the law may be required to determine whether the graffiti in this work would actually be eligible for copyright enforcement.