Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE

Seashell Salesman posted:

Also why does it say in game to use a PC web browser to get more features out of the pawn community thing? Is there any possible way to access the pawn community from a PC web browser? There is certainly no mention of it on the Capcom website/forums, the DD website, or the DD Facebook page.

http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/top/

It's uh... not useful at all.

:downs:

I think I'm more annoyed at how shoddily-dressed their Arisen is. This game really just is dress-up with fighting.

likecnsnnts fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Is that what it means when you get your dude back with no rating/enemies/quests/experience whatever stats?

Also why does it say in game to use a PC web browser to get more features out of the pawn community thing? Is there any possible way to access the pawn community from a PC web browser? There is certainly no mention of it on the Capcom website/forums, the DD website, or the DD Facebook page.

I guess if you were to upload a bunch of screenshots and get featured on the front page maybe the two or three people who visit the pawn community site will be more inclined to hire your pawn? :iiam:

Good source of ridiculous screenshots at least.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Yeah, if all you get is some items it was simulated. If someone actually hires it, you'll get a star rating.

As far as the web browser / pawn community thing, I don't know. I remember the question being asked earlier in this thread, but I don't remember anything being said about it.

E: beaten without mercy

titties fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 21, 2012

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Bakalakadaka posted:

Yeah you get fake pity hires if no one is actually hiring your pawn.
I get spammed with them even when people are actually hiring my pawn.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
That website is truly useless. The only thing I'd ever want to do on there is search by name or PSN ID and I can't even do that. No wonder they hid the thing. Oh and as a bonus I'm meant to open it with Internet Explorer, my favourite web browser.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

That website is truly useless. The only thing I'd ever want to do on there is search by name or PSN ID and I can't even do that. No wonder they hid the thing. Oh and as a bonus I'm meant to open it with Internet Explorer, my favourite web browser.
Japan barely knows how to make modern websites (modern in the sense that they are integrated with other kinds of media and data, etc), that's all there is to it.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I've actually been getting nothing but the pity hires and was feeling all grumpy. Then I slept at an inn and got two returns, one worth 167k and the other worth 76k. So, I guess just wait.

Edit: As a disclaimer, my pawn is neither an anime nor creative. She is, in fact, a shameless ripoff. (Sorry Samurai Sanders! I just liked your pawn design too much V:shobon:V)

VVVV Nope, Xbox. Though any goons are free to use my pawn. If you need a lv 89 fighter/whatever I feel like, then look no further. I just added myself to the google doc, but for the sake of easiness, GT: Takuan55

Poops Mcgoots fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 21, 2012

titties
May 10, 2012

Captain McStabbin posted:

I've actually been getting nothing but the pity hires and was feeling all grumpy. Then I slept at an inn and got two returns, one worth 167k and the other worth 76k. So, I guess just wait.

I will hire anyone's pawn provided that:

a. They are over level 25
b. They can heal
c. You will friend me
d. PSN

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
Just killed my first dragon (or drake or whatever, it was red) after 4-5 tries and I think that made me realize how important inclinations are. The dragon wasn't particularly hard, but my uncooperative pawns who felt that drawing the dragons attention was more important than giving me elemental upgrades. My stupid mage would not cast ice on me unless I had full health already, and when she went to cast she would run up to the dragon before she began charging.

I found out after the fight she was set as a scather primary and a medicant secondary. Why? I have no idea.

Also, I forgot my favorite part. On one run I finally got my mage to give me ice after yelling help for a good 30 seconds, only to have my sorcerer give me dark affinity a few seconds later, all while yelling "ITS WEAK TO ICE!"

Primetime fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 21, 2012

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So I got the quest to evict the family from their house, how the hell do I reach the kid on top of the barn?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Lyer posted:

So I got the quest to evict the family from their house, how the hell do I reach the kid on top of the barn?

There's a house right next to it with an overhang you should be able to reach with a single jump.

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop
Been doing a completely solo Assassin run and good god drat, anyone who's not happy with chatty pawns or the lack of difficulty should give it a go. Every monster fight is of an epic scale, every enemy has to be taken on with care, I'm using ancillary items like bombs, explosive barrels and special arrows quite often (in fact, protip, make as many bombs as you can, loving indispensable for use against undead early on, before you get enchanted weapons - throw one throwblast into a mob of zombies = no more zombies). It's almost more like The Witcher now, having to prepare properly for each new area, and overall it's a whole new game, every monster I come across I'm like, "poo poo, I know they're easy with 3 distractions, but how do I tackle it alone?" It's so PEACEFUL without having three goldfish following me around, "that is a tall tower!"

I do have one major gripe, and that's phantoms/phantasms/whatever they're called, I don't have my pawn shouting their name at me. One at a time is tricky, two and up is run-screaming-to-the-next-room material. Unless you can find an explosive barrel to thump when they possess you, it's impossible to get them off you until they've fully regenerated, and the first lot you meet are before your first elemental weapon, so it's ridiculously frustrating trying to down them. I ended up leveling as a Magick Knight for a while to get the holy self-enchantment (batman). This is in the Watergod's Altar, which by the way is exceedingly difficult for an SS-weight character. My solution involved a couple trips to drop altar slates off at the encampent, followed by a cheeky nudie run with all five of them back to the bastard standing at the entrance to the Altar.

My highlight so far would be taking down my first chimera, using the planted-explosives skill and maneuvering him onto them, tossing bombs all around, and blocking/dodging his leaps like a goddamn ninja. God drat that buried-explosive skill is boss. Surprisingly easy fights include the Big Griffin Showdown and the twin lichs at Greatwall. I was expecting to be swarmed by undead and ripped apart by spells, but I took almost 0 damage the entire fight.

Currently struggling against the hellfire grove drake but that might just be because I got cocky and decided to play dress-up instead of going max-effectiveness. Gonna save up and buy the Maker's Finger for The Dragon though, mostly because it'll be hilarious.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Konig posted:

Currently struggling against the hellfire grove drake but that might just be because I got cocky and decided to play dress-up instead of going max-effectiveness. Gonna save up and buy the Maker's Finger for The Dragon though, mostly because it'll be hilarious.

That's interesting, because he's pretty drat easy as a mystic knight; granted, I had a group of two (my own ranger pawn and I), but all of his attacks except his roar are hugely telegraphed.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

I saw the news mentioned there's some phone app available, has anyone tried it?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

gibbed posted:

I saw the news mentioned there's some phone app available, has anyone tried it?

It's only real use is if you need the locations of plants and things. Also, I guess if you want to give presents to pictures of the people in game, you can do that too. That's about it.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Apraxin posted:

My pawn came back from being rented out today.

Gift: Apple
Rift Crystals: 0
Ratings: 5 stars across the board.

What.:psyduck:
Dude might've been grinding pawn hire/fires for the trophy/achievement.

Dyatlov Bass
Apr 16, 2012

by Fistgrrl
gently caress the Ur-Dragon. So. Much. I'm fighting him offline because my XBL is down, and down to three bars, and apparently he's enraged or something, because it's loving ridiculous. And the worst part is not anything mechanically wrong with him, so much as h the whole encounter was shoddily implemented, and is reminiscent of other problems that pop up in the game, such as the fact that the camera is absolutely unacceptable for a current-gen game that tries to do what it does, and how I can clip everywhere on the goddamn thing, and so due to one or both factors, I frequently can't see where the gently caress I'm going, which due to the weird rear end dynamic between the controls and the camera, is usually in circles, or up when I'm trying to go sideways, or up his bunghole when I'm trying to climb down his tail. Also, it's like he's one giant tit, and I'm giving him the world's largest mammogram, trying to find all of the not-at-all obvious hearts.

By the by, has anyone tried the Maker's Finger on him in either mode?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Dyatlov Bass posted:

gently caress the Ur-Dragon. So. Much. I'm fighting him offline because my XBL is down, and down to three bars, and apparently he's enraged or something, because it's loving ridiculous. And the worst part is not anything mechanically wrong with him, so much as h the whole encounter was shoddily implemented, and is reminiscent of other problems that pop up in the game, such as the fact that the camera is absolutely unacceptable for a current-gen game that tries to do what it does, and how I can clip everywhere on the goddamn thing, and so due to one or both factors, I frequently can't see where the gently caress I'm going, which due to the weird rear end dynamic between the controls and the camera, is usually in circles, or up when I'm trying to go sideways, or up his bunghole when I'm trying to climb down his tail. Also, it's like he's one giant tit, and I'm giving him the world's largest mammogram, trying to find all of the not-at-all obvious hearts.

By the by, has anyone tried the Maker's Finger on him in either mode?

Maker's Finger instakills the heart you hit. Also, hit the spots that aren't entirely black/grey with blue glowy spots. I always thought it was pretty obvious.

But the camera is definitely dumb. Just let us control the camera, Capcom! :argh:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

notZaar posted:

So when that dude said Fournival's trial is in a few days time, he wasn't kidding. I just failed utterly in that quest line since I decided to go beat up a griffon instead :I

Oh jesus god drat. I think I may have just done this too. I accepted both missions at once and thought "naah, they wouldn't mean two days LITERALLY".

EDIT: nope I still have two days.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jun 21, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Just finished it Had the bald fat rare items guy at the dragon :psyduck:

edit; Hahaha Caxton just MASTERWORKSALL'ing it up in his usual spot, right by the yawning hole in the earth.

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jun 21, 2012

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I need about 20k rift crystals for the last skin color item... My Pawn rentals seem to have stopped :(

My pawn is a level 69 support mage, with the holy buff(best for the post game), she is not wearing skimpy clothes, that's probably why nobody wants her! Name is Faggette , PSN is HighOnFiber if you want her for free.

I'd also like to point out that I am shocked by how much I missed on my first run through. I didn't use any guides or spoilers, there is seriously a lot to miss in this game.

edit: VVV That is possible, but I had quite a few rentals up until recently.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 21, 2012

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Maybe nobody wants her because you named her "Faggette."

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dyatlov Bass posted:

Augh, gently caress Evil Eyes. I need six of their drat Evil Eyeballs to upgrade all of my Twilight/Dark gear to level three, and in spite of a 25% drop rate (purportedly), I have killed five of these fuckers (not counting the one from the Chamber of Confusion), and all I have is a metric poo poo tonne of Malecryst to show for it. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that ONE can only be found on ONE level of the Everfall.

There are two. One is immune to magic. You'll know you're there when you see all the magic immune tentacles popping out of the floor.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I'm still enjoying the early game and running around beating up goblins. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to earn more discipline points from beating large numbers of small enemies than small numbers of large enemies. Clearing out a few goblin camps seemed to do more for my vocation than killing 3 ogres in a row.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Lazyfire posted:

I'm still enjoying the early game and running around beating up goblins. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to earn more discipline points from beating large numbers of small enemies than small numbers of large enemies. Clearing out a few goblin camps seemed to do more for my vocation than killing 3 ogres in a row.

Yeah you get a higher % of exp as disc from lower exp mobs.

From the wiki:

quote:

For anything higher than 1,000 in Exp gain, the Main Pawn and Arisen gain 7.5% in Discipline Points.

For 101-1,000 Exp gain, the Main Pawn and Arisen gain 15% in Discipline Points.

For anything that gives 100 or less Exp, the Main Pawn and Arisen gain 37.5% in Discipline Points.

beanbrew
Jan 3, 2011

the way is not in the sky

the way is in the heart
http://killscreendaily.com/articles/reviews/heartless-dogma/

This review confuses me.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I made a Brienne and now I have so much crystal that I can cheat my way through the game.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a way to see what people's pawns are really named? All I ever see are the names chosen from the list.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

notZaar posted:

Is there a way to see what people's pawns are really named? All I ever see are the names chosen from the list.

Turn off parental controls on your console. If they're already off then you are seeing their real names. Most people just pick names from the lists.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Bussamove posted:

If you friend me, my pawn should help get you through early game fairly easy without draining your RC. She's a fighter with all the augments from it and warrior for taking hits, although I might turn her back into a warrior because the extra damage from her having a two-hander is nice. She's also challenger/scather which has been very nice to me for making sure she keeps things on her and stays aggressive the whole fight, and she'll put bandits and goblins in choke holds like no ones business. Only level 36ish, but that's more than enough to deal with the early game stuff. I'm on the doc, but my PSN name is DesertBuss if you don't want to dig through that.

I guess that only helps if you're playing it on PS3, I didn't see what system you were using.

Quoting this so I don't forget to add you. Haven't had a chance to play the past few days.

I named my guy Dongsbro and my pawn Tittania.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

"The dragon punishes the hero"
"A level 35 mage survives just as well as a level 35 warrior."

It seems the game had a nice time confusing this poor guy too.

titties
May 10, 2012

Dirt posted:

I need about 20k rift crystals for the last skin color item... My Pawn rentals seem to have stopped :(

My pawn is a level 69 support mage, with the holy buff(best for the post game), she is not wearing skimpy clothes, that's probably why nobody wants her! Name is Faggette , PSN is HighOnFiber if you want her for free.

I'd also like to point out that I am shocked by how much I missed on my first run through. I didn't use any guides or spoilers, there is seriously a lot to miss in this game.

edit: VVV That is possible, but I had quite a few rentals up until recently.

I will add you, wanna use that pawn. Fagette will bring back delicious RC for you.

titties fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 21, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Looks like a guy did a new games journalism. Let's all go laugh at him, while this fleeting moment of confusion and joy twinged with just a hint of irritation passes us by, before disappearing into the mists like the seminal Atari carts of yore.

In less stupid news a friend of mine redid his main pawn and managed to make it a pretty loving convincing Thriller era Michael Jackson. Look up "The Thriller" if you want a level 72 sorcerer.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

The best looking pawn I ever seen is jesus 2.0. Pretty sure the guy was trolling because he was a sorcerer with no weapon or magic.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
I'm loving this so far, if anyone still hasn't found the rats you need to go back to the starting town and talk to a guy by the well, that quest was really fun as well. gently caress, everything in this game is really fun, I just love roaming the countryside with my party slaying poo poo, I tend to pick up every 'kill x of y' quest i can because i usually end up doing them while I'm doing other stuff or travelling.

I've got a level 20 Fighter pawn if anyone wants to use good old Ser Gabriel (GT is IllGarrett, on 360. Don't ask, I was 15) I don't know what I'd do without him. This game's done a good job of making me feel attached to my main pawn, I really like the whole pawn system in general, I try to gift nice stuff if they were helpful and give actual star ratings instead of leaving them all at 3, and I generally leave a comment.

I got a huge pawn called Conan with the spiked helmet and the scales and poo poo, I sent him back with some grand grapes (I haven't even done the first story quest at the capital yet, just been tooling around doing stuff) and 5 stars for appearance; 'It's simply perfect.'. I thought the thread was exaggerating but I've seen a ridiculous amount of scantily clad loli mages and warriors making GBS threads up my rift.

Also I just had to reload a save because my finger twitched at the shop and I spent most of my hard earned 100k on 81 ebon cloaks.

If anyone in the level range of 20-25 (or I dunno, I don't have many rift crystals to hire higher level pawns, not sure how much they'd cost, I usually just stick with my own level and get fresh pawns at every rifstone I see) wants me to take your pawn for a spin leave your GT laying around and I'll oblige. I don't have anything great to gift at the moment but I'll keep them with me for a while and see if I can't teach 'em some new tricks for you.

So far this game is well worth the £40 I spent on it, I can see myself sinking hundreds of hours into it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Bleusilences posted:

The best looking pawn I ever seen is jesus 2.0. Pretty sure the guy was trolling because he was a sorcerer with no weapon or magic.

God that guy's in my game too. Except in my game he had that one staff that makes it look like he's got a sunburst going behind his head. So maybe there's more than one Jesus! :monocle:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

The pawn system is pretty fun to play with. I liked hiring level 10 pawns, buying them some awesome kit from Caxton and sending them back with knowledge of Cyclopes and poo poo. Then every time I went to hire some new pawns, I'd grab all the lolibait characters, then fire them, give them some rocks and rate their appearance 0. 'Not at all Appropriate'

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

The pawn system is pretty fun to play with. I liked hiring level 10 pawns, buying them some awesome kit from Caxton and sending them back with knowledge of Cyclopes and poo poo. Then every time I went to hire some new pawns, I'd grab all the lolibait characters, then fire them, give them some rocks and rate their appearance 0. 'Not at all Appropriate'

I wish I could pull that off at my level. I just changed my pawn and myself to different classes and need all the help I can get as things adjust.

Is there a good reason to jave a sorcerer and not a mage? It was nice to get healed up, but I like the idea of running agressive magic soon.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Lazyfire posted:

I wish I could pull that off at my level. I just changed my pawn and myself to different classes and need all the help I can get as things adjust.

Is there a good reason to jave a sorcerer and not a mage? It was nice to get healed up, but I like the idea of running agressive magic soon.

I think most people bring along one of each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krackleburt
Aug 24, 2008

Lazyfire posted:

Yeah, what tooooooo bad said.

My first play through of the game, I rolled with physical classes for my pawn and I, so I kept both a mage and a sorcerer with me. It was pretty effective. But now that I'm in NG+, I've changed it around and only keep a mage with me. I try to go for ones with high anodyne and halidom or whatever, then whatever giant attack spells, to try to get the best of both worlds. My weapons are already enchanted anyway, so any affinity spells seem sort of like a wasted slot.

• Locked thread