Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Yeah, fair enough. "Radiation is harmless in Homestuck" works pretty well as a joke/convention, and it does fit in with that.

Still a bit worried about tidal locking on Alternia, but yeah, it's just a show and I should really just relax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Yay! Ive been wondering when we'd see this sun again!

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Saradiart posted:

http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003252

what are the chances that this is the station they're in? I'm estimating 100%.

That looks like a pretty small room there. Not nearly the size of the room Calliope was just in.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So, with this new, Red Sun, I went looking in the archive for sun-related clues.

- The [S] ACT 6 flash is just laden with focuses on the sun. Go look. Pulses coming off it, framing the earth with it, etc. White. Probably means something.
- Way back in Act 1:

quote:

"The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire she snatches from the sun." -Mark Twain
(Probably refers to the same thing as UU's poster?)
- Dave's intro:

quote:

You don't even know what's up with this sick heat. The sun threatens to set but won't step off. It's staring you down, like the big red eye of a hot needle skipping on a groove its tracing 'round the earth. While lingering in midair its heat seems to suspend time itself, stretching it like warped vinyl.
I...have no idea.
- I guess if we're throwing everything in here, we should consider that AR, who pops up a lot in fan theories, isn't just glasses, he's sunglasses.

Bonus black-hole quote:

quote:

GA: Your Hubris Is Really Astonishing
GA: Easily Twice The Mass Of A Universe I Think
GA: That It Hasnt Collapsed Upon Itself Into A Tiny Lavender Singularity Is The Most Striking Marvel Paradox Space Has Coughed Up Yet

Pink moon?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Bobulus posted:

So, with this new, Red Sun, I went looking in the archive for sun-related clues.

- The [S] ACT 6 flash is just laden with focuses on the sun. Go look. Pulses coming off it, framing the earth with it, etc. White. Probably means something.
- Way back in Act 1:
(Probably refers to the same thing as UU's poster?)
- Dave's intro:
I...have no idea.
- I guess if we're throwing everything in here, we should consider that AR, who pops up a lot in fan theories, isn't just glasses, he's sunglasses.

Bonus black-hole quote:

Pink moon?

This is all a lead-up to when the Thief of Light steals the Green Sun, allowing her to beat Bec Noir and the kids to finally finish Lord English.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Bobulus posted:

quote:

GA: Your Hubris Is Really Astonishing
GA: Easily Twice The Mass Of A Universe I Think
GA: That It Hasnt Collapsed Upon Itself Into A Tiny Lavender Singularity Is The Most Striking Marvel Paradox Space Has Coughed Up Yet

Pink moon?
Man, I've been saying this forever. Maybe Calliope's sun is the green sun prior to collapsing into said lavender singularity as pictured here:

toxic8aker posted:

Yay! Ive been wondering when we'd see this sun again!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Saradiart posted:

It WAS in English's vault...could be!

EDIT: If you go back a page http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003251 you'll see the ladder is all warped. So I guess not. But maybe he just wanted to keep one as a memento.

Either way, you'd think if English was keeping one of these around he'd use it to tell every single troll to go gently caress themselves, but...

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jun 21, 2012

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Saradiart posted:

The timeline doesn't work, though. The Alternian sun, while reddish and hot enough that Trolls didn't go out in the day, wasn't really old by the time Slick invaded Lord English's mansion. And then Slick destroyed the universe.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
There's also a wall right next to the ladder.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
What if this sun is the Green Sun that has become a red giant?

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
The possibility that uu = Lord English (frankly, I've given up on trying to figure out if all this is a red herring or what, I'm just sitting here and waiting now) has me thinking about a couple of things.

One: Calliope's body looks pretty androgynous, and it's reasonable to assume she won't hulk out when she goes to sleep and uu takes over. However, Lord English looks pretty... masculine, to say the least. Does this mean that Calliope is definitely going to die, and that's how any traces of femininity disappear from uu's figure eventually? :ohdear:

Two: Back when the young Handmaid was escaping, LE appeared... while Scratch was unconscious. I find this curious, but hell if I know what it means.

(Clearly, it means that Lord English's true name is Sickfuck.)

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Graceful Graveler posted:

Two: Back when the young Handmaid was escaping, LE appeared... while Scratch was unconscious. I find this curious, but hell if I know what it means.

He is a TIME TRAVELLING DEMON. Turning up before he's arrived via Scratch is trivial to him, and actually rather the point. He is already here and all that.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
So, in trying to puzzle out what or where this red sun is, did everyone forget that uu/UU are in a completely different universe? UU said as much to Jane and Roxy. I mean, I guess they could be in the troll universe, but I felt like it was implied that they were completely separate, in some other universe (meaning some other frog). So definitely not B1 or B2, and likely not A1 or A2 either. They're in universe C.

(Although I guess that implies they're in the universe that the kids make, which is pretty drat depressing. So some other universe, then. Let's say U)

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 21, 2012

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think this is just regular ol' boring supergiant sun, not a neon green sun with the mass of two universes that grands a universe-eating demon magical powers.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Starmaker posted:

So, in trying to puzzle out what or where this red sun is, did everyone forget that uu/UU are in a completely different universe? UU said as much to Jane and Roxy. I mean, I guess they could be in the troll universe, but I felt like it was implied that they were completely separate, in some other universe (meaning some other frog). So definitely not B1 or B2, and likely not A1 or A2 either. They're in universe C.

(Although I guess that implies they're in the universe that the kids make, which is pretty drat depressing. So some other universe, then. Let's say U)

Yeah, or the Mongooses, that's a good team name! "The Fighting Mongooses."

Obviously Uu is (are?) going to create the Squiddle universe, and then we'll be on Squiddlequest 2012!

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I want the Squiddle intermission to happen just to see if Hussie can come up with 36 new classes and aspects. :colbert:

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009

Slime posted:

He is a TIME TRAVELLING DEMON. Turning up before he's arrived via Scratch is trivial to him, and actually rather the point. He is already here and all that.

Well, yes, that's obviously what actually happened, but now it just strikes me as an odd parallel to the cherubs.

Admiral Lasers
Dec 10, 2000

aw, hell, I'm sure the rest of you have figured this out but it just now hit me- at some point, we're not going to be dealing with UU or uu, but rather uU. does this portend that uu will be the 'lead' personality or that they will straight-up merge?

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Starmaker posted:

The uUniverse, if you will.

Also, recent updates have obviously set the speculation gears of my mind into motion, so sorry if it gets tiresome. Feel free to skip the :words:.

The presence of the ailing red supergiant also seems intended to suggest a sense of entropy, decay, or age to the universe (or maybe I've just read too much Dying Earth). Anyway, it seems likely the uUniverse does result from the kids' session if we take the steadily decreasing number of players (48 possible squiddles to 12 trolls to 4 kids) as indicative of a trend, however this coming session will actually have 8 players. I've yet to see any strong theory-crafting on what this might mean.

Perhaps the uUniverse is actually from a timeline where the Sburb system collapsed in on itself -- the decreasing number of players in each session resulted in a problematic two-player-one-body scenario where mating rituals (kismessitude) reflect the antagonistic nature of the game's creation of universes (there must be wars, dichotomies, winners and losers for reality to propagate). This might explain why Gamzee's HONK code had to come from a bloodbath beta-timeline despite LE being an apparent product of the alpha. This Sburb glitch resulted in an overpowered Space-Time player who managed to propagate backward along the chain of creation.

So: maybe the B1 and B2 kids, by combining their sessions, reverse the trend by creating a universe where more players play Sburb than in the originary universe, resulting in a version of the game based more on friendship and cooperation (among players, and maybe even among the carapacians). Universes can now be the result of positive relationships instead of negative ones. Admittedly, though, that's a bit starry-eyed, and I can't think of a way that LE's presence might be sufficiently locked out of the new universe chain.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Kazy posted:

Yeah, or the Mongooses, that's a good team name! "The Fighting Mongooses."

Obviously Uu is (are?) going to create the Squiddle universe, and then we'll be on Squiddlequest 2012!

It's to bad they aren't gonna create anything, since they[s/he] don't even have prototyping towers.

What's interesting about LE is the constant assertion that paradox space sanctioned his creation and arrival. So everything in the 4 universes had to happen this way regardless. It makes me wonder if LE even has any control over his own destiny either. If Calliope/uu wind up being LE in some way, which all signs seem to be pointing this way, then as players, they are just as subject to causality as the kids and trolls.

I know that it's past trendy to say that Skaia is the real villain, but you've got to wonder why there's a system in place where a player character can obtain enough power to "glitch" paradox space. But it's a crappy glitch because Skaia knew that things would turn out this way the moment Calliope's universe was created.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
So... Green sun, red miles....

Red sun, green miles.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
I wonder if the Red sun is the source of time powers, counter part to the green sun being space.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

The uUniverse, if you will.

Also, recent updates have obviously set the speculation gears of my mind into motion, so sorry if it gets tiresome. Feel free to skip the :words:.

This is interesting, but there's also a possibility that there could have been multiple sessions before the UU/uu one. Terezi said back in Act 4 that the purpose of Exiles is to rebuild civilization on the planet and get it ready for reseeding. We've never really seen it due to how hosed the sessions we've seen were, but that's what happens normally. With how old the planet they're on is, there may have been plenty of unrelated sessions that were successful.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

Red sun, green miles.

I was thinking that it would be interesting for UU to see the sun as red, while uu sees it as Green.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Since this is Hussie we're talking about, we can't rule out the possibility that Cherubs are red/green colorblind.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

Red sun, green miles.
Michael Clarke Duncan is Lord English. It all makes so much sense now.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Boneless Jogger posted:

This is interesting, but there's also a possibility that there could have been multiple sessions before the UU/uu one. Terezi said back in Act 4 that the purpose of Exiles is to rebuild civilization on the planet and get it ready for reseeding. We've never really seen it due to how hosed the sessions we've seen were, but that's what happens normally. With how old the planet they're on is, there may have been plenty of unrelated sessions that were successful.

Life on the host planet seems to be pretty routinely destroyed when players enter the game, so how exactly does the whole Exiles reseeding the planet for another session work? Is it played by carapaces? Because I for one sure would love to see Jack Noir, SBurb player. Maybe Jack Junior, the Heir of Stabs.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Tunicate posted:

Since this is Hussie we're talking about, we can't rule out the possibility that Cherubs are red/green colorblind.

Honestly that's probably it

KoB
May 1, 2009
Or when uu is awake, we have the Green Sun. This way, if/when UU regains control, the Green Sun would turn into the Red Sun, removing First Guardian powers maybe?

e: I guess the red sun would enhance time powers or change First Guardian powers to time powers?

KoB fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 21, 2012

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Tunicate posted:

but then calliope would think that she had RED blood... and she would do all her drawings in red, and dress in red, and otherwise be red themed. uu would think that he had green blood, likewise.

It doesn't really gel with the established conversations they've had.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
So what I'm getting from all of this is that if uu cuts off the leg with Calliope's shackle on it, never sleeps in the Sarswapagus again, and ditches IM's or just blocks everyone who could potentially know Calliope's name, he's effectively killed her.

That seems entirely doable. :ohdear:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Slime posted:

Life on the host planet seems to be pretty routinely destroyed when players enter the game, so how exactly does the whole Exiles reseeding the planet for another session work? Is it played by carapaces? Because I for one sure would love to see Jack Noir, SBurb player. Maybe Jack Junior, the Heir of Stabs.

I always figured that Sburb reseeds the host planet with carapace life just as a form of tidying-up. If it weren't for things like Bec Noir and Lord English, after all, universes wouldn't be destroyed after they successfully reproduce. Sburb doesn't appear to have a built-in mechanic to destroy universes after they've succeeded at the game, so leaving the dead planet with a new population ties up a loose end. Who knows, maybe they have the means to revive the race that used to live there? We know very little about what the carapaces are intended to do.

However, since it appears that Lord English was once a player, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps Lord English is an intentional part of the game, if he was allowed to gain his power so that he might ensure the destruction of the universes Sburb has finished with. That'd make Sburb a horrible sort of circle of life for the multiverse.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

Dolash posted:

I always figured that Sburb reseeds the host planet with carapace life just as a form of tidying-up. If it weren't for things like Bec Noir and Lord English, after all, universes wouldn't be destroyed after they successfully reproduce. Sburb doesn't appear to have a built-in mechanic to destroy universes after they've succeeded at the game, so leaving the dead planet with a new population ties up a loose end. Who knows, maybe they have the means to revive the race that used to live there? We know very little about what the carapaces are intended to do.

They do have appearifiers that can produce paradox slime, it's entirely possible that there's some ectobiology equipment stashed away somewhere we've never seen.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
It really bothers me how the shackle keeps switching legs :mad:

I know it's probably a 'sprite-flipping' joke callback but still. If the drat thing would stay put we could have discerned LE's identity because of his missing foot, but welp. HUSSIE :argh:

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
Oh God dammit

Urania = muse of astronomy, i.e. space muse. Uranian = like unto a space muse. Everyone else figured that out weeks ago, didn't they?

Although Calollipop is actually the Muse of Cute and I'm not sure the Greeks had one for that.

Ixjuvin posted:

I know it's probably a 'sprite-flipping' joke callback but still. If the drat thing would stay put we could have discerned LE's identity because of his missing foot, but welp. HUSSIE :argh:

Someone brought this up earlier but I don't remember who. If you look at which leg the cuff is on with regards to the way they're turned, Lord English's missing leg is on the same side he's turned to, whereas Calliope's is on the opposite.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

soooo how about this:

If uu-as-Lord-English proves true then you even have the green, representing Calliope, peering from behind his eyes.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Jesus Christ that actually kinda spooked me :stare:

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Clearly the relationship between the Red Sun, Green Sun, and LE is the same as with Superman. LE grows up under the Red Sun, and in the light of the Green Sun he gains superpowers. But if you get some kryptonite Red Sun rock, you can negate his powers!

Also, he's a dick, just like Superman.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Ixjuvin posted:

The symbol is asymmetrical, you can tell which leg it's meant to be on just by looking. The unflipped ~U~ symbol can be seen on the page with the shackled Calmasis, where it is present on his left leg with the higher part of the ~ towards the outside (further to his left, that is).

When the shackle on Calliope's leg appears to be on her left, the symbol is in the same [unflipped] configuration. Lord English is uu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Renaissance Robot posted:

The symbol is asymmetrical, you can tell which leg it's meant to be on just by looking. The unflipped ~U~ symbol can be seen on the page with the shackled Calmasis, where it is present on his left leg with the higher part of the ~ towards the outside (further to his left, that is).

When the shackle on Calliope's leg appears to be on her left, the symbol is in the same [unflipped] configuration. Lord English is uu.

Also, the recent non-sprite panels have shown it on her left leg.