Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Ok, so to explain this to a hard headed beastlord with 125 AAs... My AA exp rate should double next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Yes. Your experience rate for AA shoud be double what it was before patch. So if it takes you 4 kills to get an AA, it will now take 2 kills.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Peechka posted:

Yes. Your experience rate for AA shoud be double what it was before patch. So if it takes you 4 kills to get an AA, it will now take 2 kills.

And the normal diminishing returns kick in at 4k?

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

No More Heroes posted:

And the normal diminishing returns kick in at 4k?

It's a linear degradation from 1000% to 0% as you go from 0 aa to 4k aa.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I need a question answered from someone with far more AA than I have.

As a beastlord, I'm a DPS class with some utility. Should I be concerned about maxing damage reducing AAs or should I be working on utility as well? I know that I need some CA/CS, but do I need to max that sucker out since I won't be tanking?

What should I be shooting for?

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
No you do not need to max it right away. I think its 18 pts each for the most effect right out the box, then 18-43 gives you significantly less return but still important just not right away.

I would do all your basics like run speed, ca/cs...etc and then concentrate on some DPS crap to help you kill faster.

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

Jastiger posted:

How do I get in there to kill Emperor Ssraraeazha or whatever? I want to kill everything in there but always get lost :(
Here is a pretty decent guide for the whole zone Secrets of Ssraeshza Temple. When you actually get to the port up click the inside of the arch itself not the red screen.

Ylide posted:

It's not scanning for ShowEQ, I can tell you that much.
What does ShowEQ do that MQ2 doesn't do? Or better yet, what is the difference?

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Didnt showEQ basically show what mobs were up in any zone? Or something like that?

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

I know it can show you what is up in your current zone but I have not heard of it showing what is up in other zones without you being in them.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
No it won't check other zones you actually have to be in one to check.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

It's a packet sniffer so it can only know what Sony is sending to your client, which is the data for your current zone. MQ does this too but if you use active plugins/cracks you can also alter the packets for things like warping, etc. I didn't write my own stuff or anything, I just used a compile from a 3rd party so I don't know the nitty gritty stuff, but they avoided detection by using some sort of dll or whatever to obfuscate this.

I don't cheat anymore but I did for several years and I got caught multiple times despite being very careful. You will eventually get caught.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.

meat gnome posted:

It's a packet sniffer so it can only know what Sony is sending to your client, which is the data for your current zone. MQ does this too but if you use active plugins/cracks you can also alter the packets for things like warping, etc. I didn't write my own stuff or anything, I just used a compile from a 3rd party so I don't know the nitty gritty stuff, but they avoided detection by using some sort of dll or whatever to obfuscate this.

I don't cheat anymore but I did for several years and I got caught multiple times despite being very careful. You will eventually get caught.

Unless you are running both the showeq client and server on another machine (and routing your eq traffic through it) then it is completely undetectable in any way unless you are stupid and try interacting with items/mobs that are only visible if you packet capture. Having a class with tracking gives you plausible deniability for the most part too.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

jps1979 posted:

I know it can show you what is up in your current zone but I have not heard of it showing what is up in other zones without you being in them.

That's correct. It gives you name, location, level, class, and spawn locations for every mob and player in your current zone. If you're boxing, you key it onto one character and it uses his data stream for the updates.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Now that I don't play anymore, if anyone has MQ2 questions, fire away. I abused the everliving gently caress out of it and never got so much as a GM in the zone, much less a ban/suspension. Don't use warp, don't use zone, nobody cares. If you've used it, it's blatantly obvious that most everyone else in certain zones are using it right in the open for weeks with no repercussions.

Go look at Feer or HoT Yard, nearly always someone in one of those zones at least botting with it

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

MrTheDevious posted:

Now that I don't play anymore, if anyone has MQ2 questions, fire away. I abused the everliving gently caress out of it and never got so much as a GM in the zone, much less a ban/suspension. Don't use warp, don't use zone, nobody cares. If you've used it, it's blatantly obvious that most everyone else in certain zones are using it right in the open for weeks with no repercussions.

Go look at Feer or HoT Yard, nearly always someone in one of those zones at least botting with it

Aside from hacking (warping, zoning, etc) what all can you even do that's useful with MQ2? Is it for remote controlling boxes like isboxer or is it more for afk-botting?

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004
So as a free user I can only have UP TO 250 AA?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Zombones posted:

So as a free user I can only have UP TO 250 AA?

Yes, it will permanently raise to a 1000 AA cap if you spend $5.00 on anything in the game.

All the Free to Play details are outlined here: http://www.everquest.com/free/.

Endolith
May 21, 2006

How do I win?
Hey just started this week as Endolith in the guild. Is it at all possible to bring a non-goon into the fold. Been playing mmos for years togather.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I don't have a problem with it and I really doubt the other 10 people active will either.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tell him he has to buy an account or he will NEVER be able to join the glorious goon guild.

lotor9530
Apr 29, 2009

The337th posted:

Yes, it will permanently raise to a 1000 AA cap if you spend $5.00 on anything in the game.

All the Free to Play details are outlined here: http://www.everquest.com/free/.

This is not true. Unless they've changed it, silver is an upgrade by itself. That is, you have to pay $5 for the privilege of being silver, not just spend $5 on anything.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

lotor9530 posted:

This is not true. Unless they've changed it, silver is an upgrade by itself. That is, you have to pay $5 for the privilege of being silver, not just spend $5 on anything.

I could be entirely wrong there, I've never confirmed it myself. That was just some hearsay I found on the EQ forums back when f2p launched. I want to say it came from a Dev or the CR rep, but that wouldn't be the first time something inaccurate came from there.

No objections here on the friend invite, by the way.

The337th fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 23, 2012

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

The337th posted:

I could be entirely wrong there, I've never confirmed it myself. That was just some hearsay I found on the EQ forums back when f2p launched. I want to say it came from a Dev or the CR rep, but that wouldn't be the first time something inaccurate came from there.

No objections here on the friend invite, by the way.

I daresay it's worth doing at least one month of gold instead of buying the silver upgrade. You'll fall back to silver when you cancel and you get 500 SC which is worth five bucks, sp really you're only out five more. And then you get to make a bunch of dudes and see what you like and maybe get to a high enough level that you can live without the j1 merc and just group a lot.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Ylide posted:

Aside from hacking (warping, zoning, etc) what all can you even do that's useful with MQ2? Is it for remote controlling boxes like isboxer or is it more for afk-botting?

You can set up elaborate isboxer-esque command broadcasting, build/script any number of boxes to run themselves totally autonomously - including pulling, healing, nuking, tanking, snaring, etc. See every mob in the zone and where it is. There's a ton more, but those are the ones I used. Being able to see every mob makes it pretty drat easy to get swole rich since you can just hop around killing nameds in 3-4 zones as they spawn. I never touched my monk/shaman/bard at all, unless I needed to pull something tricky. They pretty much worked as mercenaries I could script to perform exactly what I wanted.

I doubt I'd have even started playing again if not for MQ2. It takes all the annoyance out of the game permanently. If you spend a bit of time scripting, you can "AFK Merc" xp grind overnight, only without mercs. I know at least a couple goons do/did it.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Oh god what have I done I thought I quit this 8 years ago.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Just started playing my 65 rogue again from like 8 years ago. Did they change something with the way assassinate works? I was killing poachers in Jaggedpine trying to get the Half-elf mask and I never landed a single assassinate after about 10+ hours of killing them.

Tsu
Jan 2, 2005

Please pee on this.
I purchased a Sony desktop PC over a decade ago and was given a free recurring Everquest subscription. I logged in just now and checked and it said 'Everquest account: Active." Does anyone know if that will carry over the the F2P model giving me a gold membership?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

funzo2226 posted:

Just started playing my 65 rogue again from like 8 years ago. Did they change something with the way assassinate works? I was killing poachers in Jaggedpine trying to get the Half-elf mask and I never landed a single assassinate after about 10+ hours of killing them.

Yes. As far as anyone can tell, Assassinate rank0 (innate at level60) can assassinate level 46. Rank 1 is the same. After that, every rank gives you 2 higher levels. So rank 2 is 48, etc.

from http://www.thesafehouse.org :

(Anatomy) Mob Lvl / Rogue Lvl / Cost / Total Cost / Expansion (additional requirement)
(00) 46 / 60 / 00 / 000 / -
(01) 46 / 59? / 05 / 005 / DoD
(02) 48 / 61? / 05 / 010 / DoD
(03) 50 / 62? / 05 / 015 / DoD
(04) 52 / 63? / 05 / 020 / TSS
(05) 54 / 64? / 05 / 025 / TSS
(06) 56 / 65? / 05 / 030 / TSS
(07) 58 / 66? / 05 / 035 / TSS
(08) 60 / 67? / 05 / 040 / TSS
(09) 62 / 69? / 07 / 047 / SoF
(10) 64 / 71? / 09 / 056 / SoF
(11) 66 / 73 / 12 / 068 / SoF
(12) 68 / 75 / 07 / 075 / SoD
(13) 70 / 77 / 09 / 084 / SoD
(14) 72 / 79 / 12 / 096 / SoD
(15) 74 / 81 / 09 / 105 / UF
(16) 76 / 83 / 12 / 117 / UF
(17) 78 / 85 / 10 / 127 / HoT
(18) 80 / 87 / 12 / 139 / HoT
(19) 82 / 89 / 15 / 154 / HoT
(20) 84 / 91 / 12 / 166 / VoA (Knowledge of Alaran Culture - Advanced at Level 1)
(21) 86 / 93 / ?? / ??? / VoA
(22) 88 / 95 / ?? / ??? / VoA

But as far as not assassinating a level40 mob... I don't know

darkhand fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 25, 2012

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

darkhand posted:

Yes. As far as anyone can tell, Assassinate rank0 (innate at level60) can assassinate level 46. Rank 1 is the same. After that, every rank gives you 2 higher levels. So rank 2 is 48, etc.

But as far as not assassinating a level40 mob... I don't know

Hmm, this is how I thought it worked too. Not really sure what is going on then. Wonder if I should get the first AA rank of anatomy to see if that fixes it.

edit: yea that seemed to do it...first backstab after putting in a rank in anatomy gave me an assassination

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 25, 2012

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Tsu posted:

I purchased a Sony desktop PC over a decade ago and was given a free recurring Everquest subscription. I logged in just now and checked and it said 'Everquest account: Active." Does anyone know if that will carry over the the F2P model giving me a gold membership?

I've never even heard of a deal like that before, but if it still applies that's awesome.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Looks like the AA patch is going in tomorrow.

quote:

All EverQuest Live Servers will be down on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 3:00 am US Pacific* for a Game Update. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately 5 hours. Keep an eye on the EverQuest website and the forums for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Ylide posted:

I used the out-of-the-box MQ which has mob spawns on the map, basic scripting support, and some other things, plus Melee which automated my four melee, although I had to tweak it a lot for my warrior. Throw in MoveUtils and you get the stick command, which is follow but far better, and will automatically move your guys into position behind mobs, or tell them to run to a certain spot you've designated before.

I really couldn't play EQ without running MQ as well. It makes the game so much more enjoyable, less about massive micromanagement of abilities and more of how you deal with situations, which let me do things like train myself and focus on the enchanter locking everything down rather than watching my DPS tank because all my melee bots are either standing around or just autoattacking.

Tsu
Jan 2, 2005

Please pee on this.

The337th posted:

I've never even heard of a deal like that before, but if it still applies that's awesome.

Nope, doesn't apply anymore. I had a free EQ sub for the longest time though. I just never wanted to play until now, unfortunately.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
They really should have upped the cap for the maximum amount of aa you can bank with the patch. The 'filling the repository' task in pellucid grotto now grants MORE than 30 aa per turn in for anyone under 2500aa.

Not that I'm really complaining; since the patch, running a lesson and doing the aforementioned task I got about 45-50aa in one hour of normal group play.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

It's gonna be sweet to start rolling in the AA for Puga. Once I finish moving, maybe I can actually log in more than once per week.

If I have time I'd like to start hitting up HoT progression stuff for anyone 80+ that would be interested. I've basically realized that I get bored with solely grinding for the shaman's AA so I need something new to pursue when I'm not hunting with my usual fellowship group.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

The337th posted:

It's gonna be sweet to start rolling in the AA for Puga. Once I finish moving, maybe I can actually log in more than once per week.

If I have time I'd like to start hitting up HoT progression stuff for anyone 80+ that would be interested. I've basically realized that I get bored with solely grinding for the shaman's AA so I need something new to pursue when I'm not hunting with my usual fellowship group.

Definitely up for HoT progression with the mage and druid. My enchanter is only 73 and I've been dicking around doing epics with him but I'm hoping to hit 80 in the next week or two. I'm still kinda playing around with SoD progression too since it's a neat story line, but it seems almost pointless from a gear perspective.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Right now I just want to get the lads to 75, then 80 so I can unlock all of the spell gems as well as other AA's. Once I get them all to about 80.2 (one yellow in) I'm going to put the breaks on, go full AA, and finish up any 1.5/2.0 stuff outstanding. Sypherr finished his 2.0 recently. Nylander and Kaverin both have their respective 1.0's, but Nylander only has the Orb from Anguish (admittedly, that's a big piece) so far on his 1.5+ path. Kaverin doesn't have an orb, but he does have one bit of the 1.5 from Fear.

Though I'd like to see the zones, I have no real desire right now to do some of the higher-level progression stuff - I don't know why. Maybe because my 3 accounts are all Silver and that kind of gimps you (not having Journeyman mercs really hurts), but it just doesn't excite me.

Still, nice to see Goons getting ahead in the world, and I'd still like to do a small (read: one group, maybe) Goon raid on Tunare/PoG someday.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
I looked into the druid epics and they suuuuuck. The quests are some of the hardest and most time consuming for very very little reward. I'm not going to bother, but i can see the urge from a completionist standpoint.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

The 1.0 wasn't too bad from what I remember, since you don't have to worry about any competition.

Of course, there is a running theme in all the druid epics of standing in one spot and hitting a button. Either foraging stupid poo poo, or the terrible song part in the 1.5/2.0 that I had to 3 times.

And for all that, you get a sword with a dot click that does no damage and takes 4 minutes to cast. And a stick with a completely worthless click.

I've got an Erilynne Ornamentation, gently caress epic ornaments if they ever come out. I'm gonna be using Mayong's sword forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boola
Dec 7, 2005
If anyone could give me a guild invite, I'd appreciate it. Name is Beep. I've tried getting invited in game but am not getting any responses.

I'm currently a 42 ranger. I use to play years ago on The Nameless as a cleric and can't believe how much faster the leveling is now. I'm considering making a second character to two box once I get up in the 60's and figure things out more.